(IC can be found here: IC)
The world was taken by storm when game designer Maximillian Pegasus created Duel Monsters. Though his inspiration for this game was strongly tied to ancient games of great and terrible power, this card game he created was, at first, simply a popular pastime. Then, it developed into a worldwide phenomenon in which thousands, perhaps millions of individuals competed for prizes and bragging rites. No prize as grand as the title "King of Games." In the years since it's release, the game has undergone significant changes, and very soon, the latest will be introduced. Seto Kaiba, CEO of Kaibacorp and beloved champion of Duel Monsters has again brought about a new means of changing the game to expand upon its already great influence, with the announcement of an upcoming series of tournaments known as the Team Trial Circuit. These competitions would be held locally, then expand across the country, then finally globally, giving a whole new group of duelists a chance to shine and make their mark on the world of Duel Monsters.
Meanwhile, behind the grandiose nature of Seto Kaiba's ambitions, lies nefarious purpose. His dealings with the strange mystical nature of Yugi Moto's Millennium Puzzle as well as the bizarre encounter with the monstrous dark half of Marik Ishtar, has given him a new obsession; trying to uncover and understand the realities of the shadow games and their implications on the past, present, and future. During the course of this circuit, new rumblings of strange dark magics and peculiar happenings will present themselves, and in time, the world will be threatened by the shadow games again.
1. Be kind.
2. This RP is meant to be a fun and collaborative effort, communication is key.
3. Decks will need to be approved before any game is played, as we must do our best to maintain balance.
4. This RP actively avoids most meta in regards to the card game. No top tier stuff is allowed from start to finish.
5. Players will begin with fairly low tier decks, and they will be able to develop their decks as they go.
6. PVP will not occur commonly, be respectful when it does, and bear in mind that outside of it being discussed, NO duels are scripted.
7. We will be using a somewhat unique set of rules in terms of deck building. Particularly, a "Boss Monster" rule, in which your most powerful monsters will usually only be ran at 1, 2 tops for balancing purposes.
8. Teams will be comprised of 3 duelists, with our current layout being 2 player teams of 3 players. You may decide how to pair up, or I can randomize it, if you'd like.
9. We will be playing out the duels on YGOPRO 2: Dawn of a New Era. We will save the replays and use them to write out the duels in classic yugioh fashion with the option for other characters to weigh in and such.
More can and likely will be added over time. Thank you for reading!
Ogawa Masaru - Played by, foodforpigs
William Barrow - Played by, Quake
Alva Crowe - Played by, Flame
Charlie Schwartz - Played by, Flame
Background: (This can be as short as a sentence, or as long as several paragraphs. This story doesn't focus much on who you were, so feel free to do this as you see fit)
Personal Deck: (This can be a fun name the character gave the deck, or just a base descriptor for what it is; I.e. Blue Eyes or Dark Magician)
Appearance: (Image, description, or both! Entirely up to you)
Favored Attribute: (Earth, Wind, Fire, Water, Light, Dark, or Divine)
Favorite Duelist: (Any established canon character, you can ignore this, if you'd like.)