Yu-Gi-Oh!: Return of the Shadows

Pfft, no big deal. I didn't even notice that the first time around.

By the way, I hope you don't mind the initiatives I'm taking in my posts. I always seem to give my characters a lot more depth than everyone else can accommodate for. Just one of my cases of being TOO actively creative, I suppose.

An honest mistake. Just don't make it in the Shadow Realm. That's when Card Games get Super Serious.

Pfft, no big deal. I didn't even notice that the first time around.

By the way, I hope you don't mind the initiatives I'm taking in my posts. I always seem to give my characters a lot more depth than everyone else can accommodate for. Just one of my cases of being TOO actively creative, I suppose.

That's no problem at all, it actually even encourages me to try and add more creativity and substance to my posts.

Here, have some inspirational music that made me imagine a violent, powerful duel with the Cult of Shadows:

Awesome song.... except I don't even know what deck to give this chick.... Hm... time for spontaneous, on the spot stuff!

Hang on, how is this duel gonna work? Will it be a double battle, or just two individual battles?

I was just planning on having it be single battle since arranging a double battle might be a bit complicated right now.

Due to being a duel between the cultists, perhaps she could run an Archfiend deck? Or it could be based on The Wicked Avatar, whose attack points are always 100 higher than the highest monster. The Calculator ties in with this, making it so The Wicked Avatar always has at least 3700 attack. Combo this with Twin Swords of Flashing Light - Tryce and Shooting Star Bow - Ceal works too, since the cards decrease his attack, but he'll just regain the attack due to his effect. As he requires three monsters, the woman could have Scapegoat in her deck, using it to summon the Wicked Avatar, then summoning the Calculator in order to increase his attack. Using Double Summon, she can get out Hardened Armed Dragon then sac it for TWA, which would make him indestructible by card effects, which could make for an interesting play.
Further combos include:
March of the Monarchs in case she cant get out Hardened Armed, so TWA can't be destroyed by card effects.
Mystic Tomato into another level 4, then summoning another level four, XYZ into Master Key Beetle in order to protect March of the Monarchs and Pole Position to make him resistant to spell cards.
Double Coston counts as two tributes, have a decent attack for a level 4 of 1700, or Giant Germ, which deals damage when destroyed, and can summon another Germ.
Calculator increases attack for all level monsters he controls, so, his own level with The Wicked Avatars, TWA will always have 3700 attack, and even summoning another level 4 monster boosts TWA to 6100.

Edit: Whoops, sorry, got carried away. I used to play a TWA deck on YgoPro, and used the above combos to basically make him indestructible.

You wouldn't mind PMing a similar decklist to that then, right? It'd be a great help in writing out this duel.

I think I'll save The Wicked Avatar deck for another duel. TWA is a pretty wicked monster, and I doubt that one of the less important cultists would have a card that's considered a "Wicked God". I'll use an Archfiend deck for this one.

@Krein I would just like to check if Terrel can just spectate the Shadow Game. And if so, am I going about it the right way?

Madora's turned out to be a little more obsessed with Caleb than I originally planned...and she's only starred in two posts!

Well, that does provide an interesting glimpse into the soul.
O.o
I'm now kinda stuck on how to get Madora interacting with other people though. I don't want her to just do her own thing the whole time, but I don't know who or where to go to.

Well, sooner or later she's gonna hear about the Shadow Duel played down at one of the pillars, and perhaps also be informed of certain 'candidates' that could join the Cult. I understand at least one of our other characters here is looking to join the Cult of Shadows.

@Cassette Sorry for my late reply! Yes, it's ok if you want Terrel to spectate, and the way you're going about it is fine. As for getting Madora into things... what better way is there than through a children's card game?!?!?! But it seems a bit too soon for her to be dueling... maybe she can go looking for Terrel to slap him or something, watch the duel by herself, and then show up personally to everyone else.

Reactions: 2 people
IT IS NO MERE CHILDREN'S CARD GAME! IT IS A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME THAT HOLDS THE FATE OF THE WORLD IN IT'S HAND! ONLY MAHJONG COMES CLOSE TO SUCH AN EVENT!

Aaand as for dueling, totally can help in Apostolos' glorious streak. Maybe. Who knows? But anyway, there are tons of potential ways to interact with others. Or something, is the point I may be trying to establish in this dialogue.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Not just any children's card game.... A SHADOW CHILDREN'S CARD GAME!!!

Also, might be a bit late in posting in the IC today. I'm a bit tired too, but I'll try.

I always thought of it as the Purple Realm. It tends to be purple...

And no sweat!

I posted only part of the duel between the Cultist Lars and Benjamin, that way anyone watching can comment, react, etc.