Yu-Gi-Oh!: Return of the Shadows

largeAnimePaperscans_Angel-Sanctuar.jpg

Name: Caleb Marrus Hadria

Background: The leader of the Cult of Shadows, he does nothing to make it known he is behind its activities. Of course, why would he when he's Aria City's prime supervisor. Caleb is responsible for most of the city's building projects, businesses, and events, and is well known for hosting grand dueling tournaments.

His interest in Duel Monsters began at a young age, though interest is an understatement as Caleb was completely obsessed with the game. He did everything he could to find out more about it, and eventually his research and involvement in the game led him to discover one of its earlier and most famous recordings: the duels of the Kaiba Corporation's "Blimp Tournament". Caleb found the duels of this tournament to be very odd and unlike any duels he'd ever seen before. To put it this way, he could sense something off with them, and was only reassured of this when one of the duelists, Marik Ishtar, reportedly put Mai Valentine into a coma shortly after defeating her. With various references to "Shadows", "Shadow Realms", and "Shadow Games", the man looked further into these things by contacting the family of the man who created Duel Monsters, Maximillian Pegasus. For a good price, they allowed him access to Pegasus' archives, where Caleb discovered exactly what the Shadow Games were...

Reactions: 2 people
Am I too late?
Name: Pat Fielder

Appearance:
jotaro-red.jpg

Background Info: Pat was born an ordinary kid in Aria City. Due to the fact he grew up so close to the high way, Pat was born with autism which progressed into late adolescence. Despite this, he tried to live normally and eventually made his autism work for him. Many consider Pat a charismatic guy who thinks outside the box. His autism had led him to playing traditional games, and among them, card games. Card games led Pat to discovering Duel Monsters, which he quite enjoyed and in fact found fun even as an autist. He grew up more or less oblivious to the Cult of Shadows, and even as it gets mentioned, it seems to fade from his mind.

Deck Theme + List: Slamming Jams
Monsters (6)
Blizzed Defender of the Ice Barrier x3
Numen Erat Testudo x3
Spells (19)
Hidden Armory x3
Dark hole
Pot of Duality x3
Jam Breeding Machine x3
United we Stand x3
Mage Power x3
Wetlands x3
Trap (15)
Bottomless Trap Hole
Mirror Force x2
Torrential Tribute
Dimensional Prison x2
Scrap Iron Scarecrow x3
Token Stampede x3
Aqua Chorus x3

Other: He has a trench coat he refuses to take off.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can add a clause with Infestation Revival, that being, "You cannot play the selected card the turn you retrieve it." Would that help it?
Infestation Immunity is like Infestation Pandemic, but with monster effects. It only lasts for the turn its activated too, and if it's the monster destruction that's the problem, that can be fixed.
Goliath's immunity only lasts the turn he's summoned. After that he can be targetted/affected by card effects. For his monster nuking ability, would changing it to "destroy all face-up" monsters help?
The only real problem I had with Infestation Pandemic is when I saw Goliath, and the two combined could bring up some nasty plays, however, since the duels should keep fair, it should be ok. My problem with immunity is pretty minor, tbh, the minor change you described would help.
For Goliath, he seems fine now, compared to other field nukers, and with later balancing and keeping the duels fair, it should be fine now.

Name: Shinichi Mechazawa

Appearance:
Mechazawa.png

Background Info: Mechazawa is just your average everyday high-school delinquent who plays card games in his free time. He was going to get into Duel Monsters with his friends but on game night he found he had accidentally built a Duel MASTERS deck. Luckily, his good buddy Freddie gave Mechazawa one of his old decks, which Mechazawa currently uses.

Deck Theme: Gradius
List:
2 Blue Thunder T-45
2 FalchionBeta
3 Victory Viper XX03
2 Jade Knight
2 Lord British
3 Gradius
3 Gradius' Option
2 Delta Tri
2 DUCKER Mobile Cannon
1 BES Big Core Mk. 2
1 BES Tetran
1 BES Crystal Core
1 Honest
1 Space Mambo
2 Trigon
1 Limiter Removal
1 Monster Reincarnation
2 United We Stand
3 Power Capsule
2 Cyclon Laser
2 Hand Destruction
1 Dragon Laser
1 The Fountain in the Sky
1 Safe Zone

Other: Mechazawa has only played Duel Monsters a couple times, so he doesn't know the rules very well.
He's just no good with machines. He is currently in the Cromartie High School exchange program along with several of his good friends.

Last edited:
Hello there fellow card playing delinquent! Have you come to learn more about your soul, and knowledge through a card game of the most epic proportions!?

Wow, so much has happened while I was away!
Nice to see some more 'good guys' for me to torment though. ;)
Anyways, I'll be putting my first post up tonight.

Quick CageFighter! Give me the pictures of the chick on Chris's card sleeves xD.

It's probably a Touhou. Marisa or Cirno or someone.

My apologies, I knew it was going to be a fast paced rp with all of the dueling and whatnot, but I didn't anticipate this speed, I should be posting more regularly in the near future.

You're fine man, I'm actually surprised the RP is speeding along well. The other Yugioh RP I'm in elsewhere can't even get two posts a day...

Yeah, I'm usually not available during weekdays until 3 pm pacific, and even that might be prone to change in the future. Still, I'll post when I can.

I don't suppose you could give me some sort of image of what the symbols are? You can sorta BS it if you have to, it's not like Cain's actually going to know what they mean.

Uh... I dunno, I just pictured them as some eerie looking hieroglyphs. Maybe throw in images/symbols of the key monsters from characters' decks, as we're all connected to the shadow realm unknowingly anyway.

I hope the RP is turning out enjoyable for everyone, I'm doing my best to try and keep things interesting and move things along with the plot!

Reactions: 2 people
Yup yup. I just like having fun with what sort of text effect I can throw in to spice up my posts a bit.

Er, and by the way...
The robed cultists equipped their arms with duel disks, but before doing anything, they pointed at the Prime Pillar behind Benjamin and Lars.
Who is Lars?

FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU

I'm sorry, I post that name every now and then by accident because Benjamin was originally going to be named Lars! I feel so dumb now...