Yu-Gi-Oh!: Return of the Shadows

@Krein Can we have more than 40 cards in our deck? If so, what is the limit for this rp? And will we be battling with 4000 or 8000 life points?

60 will be the card limit in decks, and 8000 is the amount of life points we'll have.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Noble Knights: So far I don't see anything that could be potentially overkill with this deck, so it'll be a go for now.

Monarchs: Looks good.

@Krein Would playing two characters be allowed? To keep it fair the second one would also be in the Cult of Shadows.

I actually plan on having two characters anyway (one is Caleb, the Cult leader), so yeah, it's allowed :p.

I actually plan on having two characters anyway (one is Caleb, the Cult leader), so yeah, it's allowed :p.
Awesome, thank-you!

And you can re-name Caleb. I just chose a random name. :) (Although Madoras name isn't random...)

@Krein Do you want me to put a banner up to try and get more people to sign-up?

Sure thing, I'd appreciate it if you did that! I'd make one myself, but I'm not good with banner making and stuff.

Sure thing, I'd appreciate it if you did that! I'd make one myself, but I'm not good with banner making and stuff.
Tbh I'm not that great, but I think it's okay. You should see it in the banner rotation soon. I'd put an image here, but I'm having difficulty doing it, so...

WIP!

Name: Terrell Claret

Appearance:
Connor_Vakama.png

Background Info: Terrell started life in a mediocre family, in a mediocre house, in a mediocre neighborhood. He got decent grades at school, played video games at home, and had a few average friends. Everything about his life was normal, and more importantly to him, boring. Terrell hated how typical every aspect of his life was, and he desired to break free from the mold, knowing he was destined for something greater than this. And his opportunity came when he was 14 years old.

One ordinary summer's day a member from the Cult of Shadows came crawling to Terrell's town. I say crawling because he'd been seriously injured, and was trying to seek some medical attention. Terrell just happened to be on the outskirts of town that day, and by luck he found the CoS member before anybody else. Terrell gave the CoS member some basic first aid, and assisted him in going to the local 'hospital' (although it wasn't much of one). Along the way the pair of them got talking, about duel monsters in particular. Terrell had never heard of duel monsters in his small town before, and certainly not the Cult of Shadows. As the CoS member told Terrell more about it, Terrell became captivated by the idea of being a duelist in the Cult of Shadows.

After a week, the CoS member had healed enough to leave town and head to Aria city. But before he left, the CoS member gave a small gift to Terrell for helping him, and keeping him amused over the week. The gift was a spare different dimension deck the CoS member had been carrying, and a Cult of Shadows business card in case Terrell ever wanted to join. A couple of days later Terrell headed of to Aria city, ready for an adventure.

The rest is pretty much history. Terrell arrived at Aria city and joined the Cult of Shadows. He reunited with the CoS member, and they now often go on missions together. Over the years Terrell has become a pretty good duelist, and he's developed the original D.D. deck he was given as a gift. Terrell vaguely knows Madora, and they've spoken once or twice, but that's about it.

Personality: Terrell is a rebellious individual, who hates having to conform. If you tell him to do X, he'll probably do Y. This is problematic in the Cult of Shadows, since he finds it hard obeying orders. However, he has great respect for Caleb (the CoS leader) and the CoS member from before, so they can often keep him in place. However, to be on the safe side he usually only works on missions individually or in small teams. This is also helpful considering he doesn't like talking to other people too much.

Terrell is ruthless when dealing with other people. He will not show any unnecessary kindness, nor will he let go of anything you've done to offend him. While this makes him unpopular, it's actually quite helpful for getting things done without any faffing. It also means he doesn't forget any mistake somebody's made, which gives him an advantage when assessing other people's personalities.

He enjoys living life on the edge, and staring peril in the face. Terrell is a thrill seeker, and thus is extremely spontaneous. He's unpredictable, and always finding something to actively do. This can be seen in Terrell's dueling style- he's willing to take risks, and he likes to get his monsters out quickly. However, he does try to restrain his impulsive nature when dueling- this is not always a success though.

Deck Theme: Different Dimension

Deck List: -D.D. Esper Star Sparrow X 1
-Golden Homunculus X 2
-Caius The Shadow Monarch X 2
-Delg The Dark Monarch X 1
-D.D.M. Different Dimension Master X 1
-Bazoo The Soul-Eater X 2
-Banisher Of The Light X 2
-Banisher Of The Radiance X 2
-D.D. Assailant X 2
-D.D. Warrior Lady X 1
-D.D. Survivor X 1
-Chaos Rider Gustaph X 1
-Witch Doctor Of Chaos X 1
-Dimensional Alchemist X 1
-Shuttleroid X 1
-D.D. Crow X 1
-Soul Absorption X 3
-D.D.R. Different Dimension Reincarnation X 2
-Soul Release X 3
-Chaos Greed X 1
-Mystical Space Typhoon X 2
-Dimensional Fissure X 1
-Dimensional Prison X 2
-Dimension Wall X 1
-D.D. Dynamite X 1
-Mirror Force X 2
-Different Dimension Ground X 1
-Graverobber's Retribution X 1
-Trap Stun X 1

Other: He's in the Cult of Shadows.

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Placido Artem

Appearance:
who_i__ve_become_by_3m0k1tty-d464gsb.jpg

Background Info: A fortuneteller by nature, Placido worked hard to support himself, in the new era of science, few people stood by to have their fortunes told anymore. However, his life changed when an enigmatic figure, calling himself "Two" challenged him in a duel. "Two" beat Placido easily, and then took his deck. After sifting through it, he shook his head. Wordlessly, he gave the deck bak to Placido, who realized that it was completely different from his previous deck, though he didn't know how it happened. Placido had an accident when he was 17, losing him his right eye. However, the stranger also gave him a new, mechanical eye, one that allowed him to more easily read the fortunes of those who let theirs be told.

Deck Theme + List: Sephylon
Monster Cards:
3x Sephylon, the Ultimate Timelord
3x Majestic Mech-Goryu
3x Splendid venus
3x Giant Rat
3x UFO Turtle
3x Mother Grizlly
3x Pyramid Turtle
3x Battle Fader
Spell Cards:
3x Trade-In
3x Upstart Goblin
3x Dark World Dealings
1x Hand Destruction
3x Shard of Greed
Trap Cards:
3x Reckless Greed

Extra Deck:
1x Superdimensional Robot Galaxy Destroyer
1x Superdreadnought Rail Cannon Gustav Max
2x Hieratic Sun Dragon Overlord of Heliopolis
1x Divine Dragon Felgrand
1x Coach King Giantrainer
1x Number 85: Crazy Box
1x number 32: Shark Drake
1x Number 104: Masquerade
1x Number 50: Blackship of Corn
1x Number 101: Silent Honor Ark
2x Evilswarm Exciton Knight
1x Diamond Crab King
1x Gagaga Cowboy

Other: He nicknames himself as "Omen"
His eye can only tell fortune or misfortune if the person allows it, he cannot naturally tell one's fortune by looking at them.
If he observes a person dueling with a certain deck beforehand, he will insert several cards into his deck before he duels them in order to gain an advantage.

Name: Cole Aeschyl

Appearance:
unknowing_duelist_by_yugiohzexal-d3dtp85.jpg

Background Info : Lived by himself with his little sister since he was 14 years old. He took up dueling at high stakes in order to support himself and his sister. He is often overly obsessive, and aggravates his sister at times. After gambling at a constant rate, his deck started to reflect that. He replaced his old deck with his new one, and counted on "The Heart of the Cards" to win him games. He tries to look forward in life and remain optimistic. He's currently trying to save up enough money to maintain his residence at a small, dingy apartment, which both he and his sister lives.

Deck Theme + List: Dice + Luck
Monster Cards:
3x Tri-Horned Dragon
2x Maximum Six
2x Snipe Hunter
2x Senju of the Thousand Hands
2x Sonic Bird
2x Manju of the Thousand Hands
2x Roulette Barrel
2x Dice Jar
2x Ritual Raven
2x Dark Master - Zorc
Spell Cards:
2x Advanced Ritual Art
2x Contract with the Dark Master
2x Dicephoon
2x Graceful Dice
2x Dangerous Machine Type-6
Trap Cards:
2x Skull Dice
2x Dice Re-Roll
2x Dice-nied
3x Needle Wall

Extra Deck:
3x Number 85: Crazy Box

Other: His little sister is 5 years younger than him, making her eleven years old.
Getting called "abandoned" is a flinching point for him, and his sister.

Reactions: 2 people
All new characters are accepted so far, though I'll wait to approve Terrel until he is complete.

Edit: I'm about to begin posting my own CSes. Would anyone mind telling me how to post hiders here? It'd be a nice tool to use to reduce page clutter, especially once I compile all the characters into the first post of this OOC to keep track of all the participating characters.

All new characters are accepted so far, though I'll wait to approve Terrel until he is complete.

Edit: I'm about to begin posting my own CSes. Would anyone mind telling me how to post hiders here? It'd be a nice tool to use to reduce page clutter, especially once I compile all the characters into the first post of this OOC to keep track of all the participating characters.
Sorry, I don't know how. -.-

I've only got to add Terrell's deck list now, which I should have done by the end of today.

@Krein Aaaand Terrell's complete! :)

I have another question for you: Are our characters allowed to edit their decks between duels? Can they go shopping for new cards and stuff too?

Deck looks fine. And yes, I won't mind a few deck tweaks here and then.

Spoilers are done by typing in [ spoiler ] [ /spoiler ]

Remove the spaces between spoiler and the box, make sure there are no spaces between them. After that, just type in what you have to say in between the lines.