1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Male
IC: OPEN SIGNUPS - Yu-Gi-Oh! GX: The Millennium Priests
Interest Check: GROUP RP PLOTTING - INTEREST CHECK - Yu-Gi-Oh! GX: Wrath of the Light Interest Check
Sign-Ups: OPEN SIGNUPS - CHARACTER INDEX - Yu-Gi-Oh! GX: Wrath of the Light Sign-Ups

"Welcome to Duel Academy, where your dueling career is about to begin!"

The world of Duel Monsters has grown so far as to the establishment of Duel Academy, a place where the future leaders in the Duel Monsters industry receive the best possible education. Among this education includes standard courses while elective spaces are replaced by dueling or duel engineering classes to guarantee success in all aspects of the Pro Circuit! At this time, Duel Academy currently attends to students in grades 11-14, meaning that a student will recieve a high school diploma at the end of their second year and an Associate's Degree after their final year.

However, there is trouble brewing as a force from before time began resurfaces and an ancient threat returns from the realm of the dead. Now it is up to the various students of Duel Academy to find and defeat this ancient foe before the world is plunged into eternal Light...

You are a reincarnated Millennium Priest who served Pharaoh Tutankhamun in your past life. Now that your old Millennium Item is in your hand once again, it is your sworn duty to recover your lost memories and powers in order to team up with the other five Millennium Priests to stop the Cult of Aten from plunging the world into chaos.

tumblr_inline_n5obu03XlO1r9pg5v.png

[fieldbox=Duel Academy, blue, dotted, 12, book antiqua]

All Duel Academy students have identical Duel Disks. Students are divided into three ranks, and can change ranks at almost any given time. A map of and more info on Duel Academy is linked below.

Duel Academy Duel Disk:

latest

Map/Info:
Duel Academy

Slifer Red
Slifer Red students are the lowest-level students on campus. The students who live in the Slifer Red Dorm are either mediocre duelists, choose to live there, or are disliked by senior professors.

Uniform:

jedan.jpg

Dorm:
latest
[
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow students are above-average students or students without the proper "connections" to join the ranks of the Obelisk Blue students.

Uniform:
latest

latest

Dorm:

Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue students are the best duelists on campus and/or have "connections" to important families and individuals.

Uniform:

latest

Dorm:
latest

[/fieldbox]​
[fieldbox=Ancient Egyptian Influence, yellow, solid, 12, book antiqua]
The Cult of Aten

325px-Aten.svg.png

Formally founded by a mysterious high priest known as Akhet, the Cult of Aten formally rose to power in 1353 BC when the pharaoh Akhenaten assumed the throne of ancient Egypt. Believing in the only sun-disk god, Aten, the Cult of Aten sought to translate the Millennium Spellbook and send the world into eternal Light. The wielders of the Millennium Items, led by Tutankhamen, soon defeated the Cult of Aten. The Cult officially fell from power after Tutankhamen assumed the role of pharaoh and restored the traditional worship of the gods

The Cult of Aten, however, survived to the modern day as it revived the founder of its movement, and has various members across the world as the Cult searches once more for the Millennium Spellbook...
The Eyes
The Eye of Anubis
The Eye of Anubis is a broken version of the Eye of Wdjat. It appears on all the Millennium Items, except the Key and the Puzzle (which has the Eye of Wdjat). The Eye will appear upon the foreheads of Millennium Item users whenever they activate their items.
b79c1ce7a5364220944546da19468576

The Eye of Horus

The Eye of Horus is a symbol of the ancient Egyptian pharaohs. Tutankhamun used it to mark locations of importance for his Millennium Priests as well as to seal correspondence and sacred/secret treasures and scrolls.

wp-1483869218833.jpg

The Eye of Ra

The Eye of Ra was often tattooed upon ancient Egyptian priests to symbolize their devotion to the gods. Furthermore, it is an ancient Egyptian symbol of protection, royal power and good health. It appears on the body of a Millennium Priest when their destiny is realized.

img-thing

The Millennium Items
The seven Millennium Items and their wielders are as follows:

-The Millennium Eye (Virgil Bowmen)
-The Millennium Key (Alec Kerrigan)
-The Millennium Necklace (Hikari Rhodes)
-The Millennium Puzzle (N/A)
-The Millennium Ring (Yulice Gilliard)
-The Millennium Rod (Yuichi Nakamura)
-The Millennium Scale (Anthony Carlisle)

For information on the Millennium Items, click this link: Millennium Items
The Millennium Spellbook

The Millennium Spellbook is an ancient tome used to create the Millennium Items at the cost of ninety-nine human souls. With various spells yet to be translated, it is believed that the Millennium Spellbook can grant godlike power to whomever can wield it.​

350px-Millennium-Spellbook.jpg
Shadow Charms

Mysterious items originating from Egypt, some believe that the Shadow Charms were originally failed attempts to recreate the Millennium Items, although they lacked the sacrifice of ninety-nine human souls. Shadow Charms have various properties unique to each individual Shadow Charm. However, they do share the universal property of being able to initiate Shadow Games and Shadow Duels. They come in various shapes and sizes, ranging from tomes to rings to masks, but all have the Udjat Eye or the Eye of Anubis on them, as with the Millennium Items. Characters may choose to have a Shadow Charm as opposed to a Millennium Item if they wish.

latest

[/fieldbox]
[fieldbox=Rules, red, dotted, 12, book antiqua]
General Rules!

1.The minimum for a post will is either two paragraphs or ten well-written sentences, whichever you're more comfortable with.

2. Duels will be on DevPro and observed by the GM.

3. These characters are all 16 or 17 years old. Romance is at your discrimination.

4. If you wish to initiate a Shadow Duel or Shadow Game, please check with the GM.

5. None of the "canon" GX students (i.e. Jaden Yuki, Chazz Princeton) will exist in this RP.

6. The Millennium Puzzle and any "special" cards past the GX era are off limits

7. Players will have access to ONE Sacred Card (which include the God Cards, Sacred Beasts) later on in the story. However, you may claim one in your character sheet.

8. "Anti Decks" are not allowed. To be clear, an Anti Deck is a deck specifically made to defeat the deck of another character.

9. Have fun!

-------

Dueling Rules!

1. All of the duels will be conducted over Dueling Network if between OCs and major NPCs.

2. Duels with minor NPCS or duels with little immediate relevance can be summarized in-post, so long as an outcome is agreed on between the parties involved.

3. Decks will be constucted on Dueling Network. Whenever you make modifications to your deck, please update your deck screenshot on your CS.

4. Shadow Duels will primarily be initiated by NPCs, though OCs will sometimes be able to initiate them.

5. Add "AceSorcerer" on DevPro as soon as you join. This is the GM's account.

Download here: DevPro Setup.exe

-------

Regarding Shadow Duels/Games

1. A Shadow Game is an alternative to a duel. For an example of Shadow Games, use the playlist below.

2. The party that loses a Shadow Game goes through a Punishment Game, which lasts as long as the winner decrees. The Punishment Game is typically a mental illusion, whereas they feel the physical effects but are not inflicted with any injuries.

3. Shadow Games are typically initiated by those who wield Millennium Items, but like with Shadow Duels they can be initiated by a variety of OCs and NPCs.

4. There are no limits as to what can become a Shadow Game. Something as simple as rolling a die to a custom game made on the spot are included in the vast ocean of possibilities.

5. Like with Shadow Duels, Shadow Games will primarily be initiated by NPCs, though OCs will sometimes be able to initiate them.
[/fieldbox]

Slifer Red Characters
Alec Kerrigan
Yulice Terrigran

Ra Yellow Characters
Virgil Bowmen
Anthony Carlisle

Obelisk Blue Characters

Hikari Rhodes
Yuichi Nakamura

Last edited:
1] What do you mean by special cards past Gx era? Are we talking Synchros, Xyzs and pendulums? Story specific like Nordics and Meklords? Or all past that era?

2] Would we be allowed to use our millennium item powers at the start?

1] What do you mean by special cards past Gx era? Are we talking Synchros, Xyzs and pendulums? Story specific like Nordics and Meklords? Or all past that era?

2] Would we be allowed to use our millennium item powers at the start?
1. Yes to both accounts- although more specifically those relevant to the story. However, archetypes can still be used should they not rely on Synchro, Xyz, and Pendulums.

2. Depends on their background. If they were raised as a Tomb Keeper or a similar situation that would allow them to harness their powers, certainly!

So, no Earthbound Immortals, but we could use the Agents?

I have something of a finished sheet: shall I post it here for evaluation, PM it, or put it in the character thread? I'm assuming one of the two former.

Also, fair warning: I'm still familiar with most of the rules in Yu-gi-oh and some of the changes (like how first turn player doesn't get a draw), but I haven't played in years so I might be a bit foggy, especially on all the new cards, but this RP will be curbing some of that apparently.

I have something of a finished sheet: shall I post it here for evaluation, PM it, or put it in the character thread? I'm assuming one of the two former.

Also, fair warning: I'm still familiar with most of the rules in Yu-gi-oh and some of the changes (like how first turn player doesn't get a draw), but I haven't played in years so I might be a bit foggy, especially on all the new cards, but this RP will be curbing some of that apparently.
No worries, with the place we're using to duel I think I can set it to use old rulings. And you can go ahead and post your progress in the chracter thread or PM it, whatever you prefer, although I'll need to give you an Exam Duel on TDOANE to determine what class your chracter is.

I'm fine with either ruling! New or old, whichever is generally preferred.

Though, since you bring up the duels, I understand that they will be played in DoaNE, but after that, will the action be roleplayed through by the players in a collab after? Or is the end result more the focus? Though I suppose it's up to the players, but I wonder about what typically happens. I never did a lot of online Yu-Gi-Oh, let alone in an RP.

Y1ZkfdC.png

Name: Yulice Terrigran

Height: 5'2''

Eye of Ra Location: Right Palm

Personality: Lethargic, passive, prideful, and dismissive.

Special Items: Millennium Ring, Academy Duel Disk

Abilities: Millennium Ring: Though Yulice is unaware of its capabilities, and thus incapable of using the strange trinket she's in possession of, the Ring is capable of acting as a guide to its holder's desires. A certain amount of will is required, but the Ring's pointer has no limits in its direction once that will to find something is achieved as long as that item exists in the three dimensional plane.

The Ring also has the ability to contain parts of the user's soul into other objects to be called upon later, the separated pieces acting of extensions of the user's will. There is also a sense of wickedness about the Ring: Yulice doesn't often carry it with her, yet in tends to find its way into her bag regardless, and she's found herself having periods of the day where she's completely forgotten what happened...

Duel Spirit Familiar: Rainbow Kuriboh

Reserved Sacred Card: Hamon, Lord of Striking Thunder

Deck Name: Crystal Parade

Key Card(s): Rainbow Dragon, Ancient City - Rainbow Ruins

Brief Bio: Despite a shockingly normal upbringing, her oddity of a brother (resident gamer and anime otaku) watched her all too closely. He was practically like a third parent to her, making her lunches and helping her with homework, letting her get away with random things and doting on her in odd ways, like pushing the strange gold ring they found in their uncle's storage shed on her (though she insists it's creepy and gaudy, while he sneakily tries to get her to wear it), but their biggest connection was in shared interests, particularly games. Yulice would also take pride in being better than her brother in most games, but the biggest exception was Duel Monsters, even though she could see the Duel Spirit that followed her while he could not. It drove her as she strived to improve, even applying to the Duel Academy in hopes of following him through it. But ultimately, it didn't pan out, as while he's supposed to be in his final year, he's on the border of dropping out, his sudden change something a bit of a mystery to Yulice. Though her interest in the Academy is waning with his, Yulice has little choice but to continue along, not realizing how his absence will affect her term.

Name: Kanikurem

Titles: None

Brief Bio: Kani was disconnected to the royal court of the Pharaoh, paths only crossing once upon a time in an unfavorable. Her family was one of goldsmiths and jewelers, yet their contractor, one of the nobility, was quite demanding, and his high expectations drove the pride of her family into a death spiral as they desperately tried to please the unpleaseable. After countless failures to meet his standards, the noble made an absurd claim: were they to forge a piece of jewelry, he said he would be able to appraise it without even laying eyes on it, insisting they place their next work in a box so that he might prove his claim. But while her family worked, she concocted a plan, as he had one prized piece of jewelry that remained as the bar for his expectations. She made a shoddy fake, before slipping into the noble's abode the night before the deadline, taking the prize and slipping it into the box, accidentally poking herself on one of the extremities. The next day, the noble made his appraisal, shaking about the box, proclaiming the contents as substandard, before opening it to discover his golden Millennium Ring. Humiliated at having been tricked into calling his most valued possession 'unfit for his collections' and revealing his bias, he exercised his power, threatening the family before Kani stepped forward, taking blame for the theft. She would later die, 5 years into a 15 year prison sentence, the hate filled words on her lips like a curse against that nobleman and all those in the Pharaoh's court who heard the tale yet still let the injustice stand...

Though, since you bring up the duels, I understand that they will be played in DoaNE, but after that, will the action be roleplayed through by the players in a collab after? Or is the end result more the focus? Though I suppose it's up to the players, but I wonder about what typically happens. I never did a lot of online Yu-Gi-Oh, let alone in an RP.

Y1ZkfdC.png

Abilities: Millennium Ring: Though Yulice is unaware of its capabilities, and thus incapable of using the strange trinket she's in possession of, the Ring is capable of acting as a guide to its holder's desires. A certain amount of will is required, but the Ring's pointer has no limits in its direction once that will to find something is achieved as long as that item exists in the three dimensional plane.

The Ring also has the ability to contain parts of the user's soul into other objects to be called upon later, the separated pieces acting of extensions of the user's will. There is also a sense of wickedness about the Ring: Yulice doesn't often carry it with her, yet in tends to find its way into her bag regardless, and she's found herself having periods of the day where she's completely forgotten what happened...

Brief Bio: Despite a shockingly normal upbringing, her oddity of a brother (resident gamer and anime otaku) watched her all too closely. He was practically like a third parent to her, making her lunches and helping her with homework, letting her get away with random things and doting on her in odd ways, like pushing the strange gold ring they found in their uncle's storage shed on her (though she insists it's creepy and gaudy, while he sneakily tries to get her to wear it), but their biggest connection was in shared interests, particularly games. Yulice would also take pride in being better than her brother in most games, but the biggest exception was Duel Monsters, even though she could see the Duel Spirit that followed her while he could not. It drove her as she strived to improve, even applying to the Duel Academy in hopes of following him through it. But ultimately, it didn't pan out, as while he's supposed to be in his final year, he's on the border of dropping out, his sudden change something a bit of a mystery to Yulice. Though her interest in the Academy is waning with his, Yulice has little choice but to continue along, not realizing how his absence will affect her term.

Brief Bio: Kani was disconnected to the royal court of the Pharaoh, paths only crossing once upon a time in an unfavorable. Her family was one of goldsmiths and jewelers, yet their contractor, one of the nobility, was quite demanding, and his high expectations drove the pride of her family into a death spiral as they desperately tried to please the unpleaseable. After countless failures to meet his standards, the noble made an absurd claim: were they to forge a piece of jewelry, he said he would be able to appraise it without even laying eyes on it, insisting they place their next work in a box so that he might prove his claim. But while her family worked, she concocted a plan, as he had one prized piece of jewelry that remained as the bar for his expectations. She made a shoddy fake, before slipping into the noble's abode the night before the deadline, taking the prize and slipping it into the box, accidentally poking herself on one of the extremities. The next day, the noble made his appraisal, shaking about the box, proclaiming the contents as substandard, before opening it to discover his golden Millennium Ring. Humiliated at having been tricked into calling his most valued possession 'unfit for his collections' and revealing his bias, he exercised his power, threatening the family before Kani stepped forward, taking blame for the theft. She would later die, 5 years into a 15 year prison sentence, the hate filled words on her lips like a curse against that nobleman and all those in the Pharaoh's court who heard the tale yet still let the injustice stand...
Looks good! Do you have a Skype I can message you on to administer the duel?

Y1ZkfdC.png

And as for the second part of that question, I imagine that the duel will be summarizaed in a post, although the post itself will mainly focus on the result since we can save and share replays.

Are Monarchs or Gishki card of limits?

Are Monarchs or Gishki card of limits?
From what I can see, Monarchs should be no problem but Gishki seem to heavily rely on Synchro/Xyz, so no for them.

From what I can see, Monarchs should be no problem but Gishki seem to heavily rely on Synchro/Xyz, so no for them.
Gishki are a ritual support deck actually. Their boss monster are all ritual cards. Still thanks for getting back to me and I'll probabbly joining you using my monarchs.

Gishki are a ritual support deck actually. Their boss monster are all ritual cards. Still thanks for getting back to me and I'll probabbly joining you using my monarchs.
Ah! Thanks for informing me. If you truly wish, you can use the Gishki deck so long as it follows what rules we have.

Reactions: Cush Almighty
I've notice DN is still down. Could I get a link please.