VIRGIL BOWMEN
After saying goodbye to Yuichi, Virgil and Lucius returned to his cabinet and patiently waited to reach Duel Academy. When the captain announced that they were nearing Duel Academy, Virgil sprung out his room with his duffel bag over his shoulder. He went to the ferry's exit and waited to be let off. When they reached port, Buses were waiting for them. Virgil walked with the other Ra Yellows to their bus and took a seat in the back. He had to turn his bag over to be taken to his dorm while he and the other freshmen receive their orientations. Once all the students arrived in the auditorium, The orientation finally began.

First, The freshmen were introduced to Chancellor Kagemaru. He greeted them and introduced Professor Takeda, Doctor Phillips, Professor Otohime who each were heads of faculty for Blue, Yellow, and Red. Virgil hoped Professor Takeda wouldn't cause him any trouble over the summer and plan to stay as far away from the Professor as possible. Chancellor Kagemaru then introduced the strongest duelist of each Dorm after he finished with the heads of faculty introductions. Xavier Gillard, Elise Bernard, and Koyo Hibiki. They were all four years and Virgil imagines them to all be incredibly strong, even Koyo of Slifer Red. Each of them were dorm leaders and Elise was the leader of Ra Yellow. He would make sure to challenge Elise as soon a possible and see how good they really were. Chancellor Kagemaru then announced that they will be holding a tournament which excited him, forcing a smile on his expressionless face. It then turned into a look of confusion as he realized he said Tag Tournament. "I'd rather just smoke two guys by myself than work with someone I barely even know."

They were released from the Auditorium and Virgil slowly made his way to his dorm. He was in no rush to get unpacked and change into uniform. He had plenty of time before the banquet and was going to enjoy every moment of free time he had. He took some time to sit on one of the benches scattered across Duel Academy and did some cloud watching. It was a nice sunny day, which made him feel warm and optimistic. He was at one on the best dueling institutes in the world, where the best duelist had come from for years. He knew that some students around him were probably as good the dorm leaders, and never became leaders themselves because they weren't model students. Virgil was getting pumped again after musing on all the possible strong duelist around him jump of the bench. He enjoyed the Sky long enough and made his way towards his dorm.

He had received his dorm key when he arrived and made his way to his dorm room. He unlocked the door with his key and walk inside. He looked around and found someone had managed to beat him there. He found his stuff located in the bedroom towards the right. He went in and proceeded to set his room just the way he liked. He placed his Golden Duel Disk on of the cabinet in his room, letting it act as a trophy for now until he wanted to show it off in a duel. He then changes into his uniform and academy issued Duel Disk. With him finish with unpacking, Virgil was free to explore the Academy until banquet that started at 8.

Virgil was about to leave the dorm room until he remembered his good luck charm. He went into his duffle bag still sitting on his bed and reached in one of the side pockets and found his Millenium Eye. He places it in his back pocket and then left the dorm room search for something to pass the time, maybe a duel. He should get his name out there after all.

"...so you can have the top bunk, Yulice."

Trying to reduce the glow of happiness that came to encircle her, Yulice blurted. "Kay." Hoping to flop down in a bit, she hurried up with transferring her clothes into the drawers, stuffing them in unfolded with no rhyme of reason. After a moment, she got to the other part of the question, "Uh...duels?" Thinking back to one of her best showings yet, she responded, "Only one. It was fine."

As she finished getting her clothes away, she was down to less important things: a handheld game console, the Millennium Ring, and a plushie of everyone's favorite standard Kuriboh (they never made a Rainbow Kuriboh one, unfortunately). As Sabrina commented on the roommate thing, Yulice absentmindedly squeezed the fuzzy plushie, commenting, "You know...you don't have to force yourself. I can handle myself for the first day."

[fieldbox="Anthony Carlisle, cyan, dotted"]
au1Wl9T.png

Anthony looked after the three and thought about the little event he had made for himself. It was one thing for him to stand up for someone but the real pressure came from the woman adding to their duel arrangement. If he won it surely would be pretty sweet to watch the egotistical obelisk have to humble himself to some real work but at the same time now if he lost he would only add to Kazumi's troubles. He sighed but smiled and turned to face her and shook her hand. "No worries at all. Anthony Carlisle.It is very nice to meet you but I am sorry if I stepped out of line trying to help out, I just really can't stand people like that." He said hearing a step behind him. "As for my dueling skills. I am afraid I have yet to duel outside of the exam and have no idea what I am up against truthfully but I like to think I am above the median. Sorry If I prove otherwise...I really thought about just doing the right thing.." He said before turning and facing the other Blue he had only noticed moments ago.

As he introduced himself he noticed his glance at his hair and it brought a smirk to his lips. Anthony had changed his hair quite often and cared little how others saw it. He liked to be different and there was a small unimportant story to it all. Checking his watch he noted the Banquet was coming up in a bit less than an hour so he would have to rush but the duel was set.

Noting his bow, Anthony gave one in return. "Very nice to meet you as well and I am glad not all Blue's share the attitude and ego like Gin. But I am going to go head over and get this duel over with and do the best I can. I am sure If I went over to reschedule the situation would only get worse. You are welcome to come with me and watch by the way." He said to Yuichi and Kazumi. Anthony's nerves were acting slightly and he felt something strange about Yuichi. Not a necessarily unpleasant feeling but a strange sense of familiarity and something else. Unknown to Anthony. Yuichi would be able to see the Lord of D. Standing behind Anthony who looked directly back at Yuichi.

Turning away and walking out of the shop he gave a casual wave. " See you guys in a bit!" He said before heading to the nearby duel arena. Raising his arm and looking down at his deck he could not help but feel a bit excited. His first real test to see how he stood against the students here and an Obelisk no less, a supposed top-tier duelist. "You guys won't fail me I am sure of it."

[/fieldbox]

Reactions: Cush Almighty
[fieldbox=Kazumi, Orange, Solid]
Kazumi%20Eye%20Shot_zpscbv6s0q1.jpg

Kazumi was beginning to have second thoughts, but, what was done was done. She watched the other boy leave, his rubbish attitude still stinking up the place. A heavy sigh escaped her lips as she glanced over at the guy who had just introduced himself. He introduced himself as Yuichi Nakamura, whom was apparently another Obelisk student. Fortunately, he at least seemed somewhat capable of being polite and friendly. That alone was a significant improvement over the three she'd just met. Then again, most of the rich kids were blues, and were, at the least, entitled twerps. Perhaps this kid was an exception. She could only hope.

"Nice to meet you, Yuichi. I think these two don't care much about the banquet. I imagine they'll make it in time still. Also, I apologize about that awfulness. My dad's shop is usually a neutral zone and very friendly to everyone. Some people just don't respect that though. If you need any help, feel free to let me or my dad know. He's the man behind the counter with the goatee and the glasses. I, unfortunately, have some business to attend to. Ugh, this duel may be awful for me. How could I let myself get caught up in the moment and make that challenge? What is wrong with me!?"

The young woman spoke politely, smiling in a friendly manner while doing a little bow herself. After mentioning her father, she gestured with her thumb towards the smiling man behind the counter, putting card packs up on the shelf as he faked being oblivious to the entire situation unfolding. Kazumi knew full well that he was aware, but, that it wasn't his business to get involved. She could take care of herself, after all. Still, sometimes it bothered her that he would just allow people to trample over her like that. Then again, how would she be able to handle it outside of the shop if she didn't get used to it?

"Uhm, anyway, I gotta go and watch this duel to make sure I didn't, you know, bet on the wrong horse. See ya! Sorry, Dad, shops all yours for a bit!"

With that, she waved to him before darting off to follow after the two duelists whom were about to decide her temporary fate in a card game that she didn't even really play. How wonderful. As she ran out, her father groaned and looked back at her, his glasses slipping down his nose slightly as he made a sour face.

"Aww, come on, Kazumi. Ugh, teenagers."

It didn't take long for the two duelists to arrive at the arena, Gin standing at the ready with his disk out before him, facing down his opponent with a devious grin.
[/fieldbox]​

[fieldbox= Hikari Rhodes, maroon, solid]

P47b43q.png

Hikari let out a small sigh as she finished placing what few things she had brought with her over her rather spacious room. She wasn't uncommon to luxuries. Just a bit surprised a school had dorms like this. And she was the only one living here. She was glad for that though. Privacy was nice.

We should get going soon.The banquet will start.

Hikari hummed and headed out. The news about the banquet was a bit of a surprise. Though people did tend to make big deals of first days. So it was to be expected. The school no doubt wanted to make a big impression on all the students. It seemed like appearance was mandatory for all students so it seemed like the best choice to go. Banquet did mean food and she hadn't eaten much since the boat trip. She hoped she didn't have to wear anything then her uniform. She'd see when she got there.
[/fieldbox]

Last edited by a moderator:
[fieldbox=Sabrina Tokura, Red, Solid]
lgVBNhy.png

Sabrina found herself pondering about her time here at the academy before her thoughts were interrupted when her roommate spoke again. She had been unpacking her belongings it seemed, and she said something about not having to force herself. Was she referring to Sabrina being nice to her? Or going out of her way to make things easier on her?

"Hmm? Oh, you don't have to worry about that. It's not like I'm putting myself in harms way or anything. You seem like a decent enough sort, and it wouldn't be any trouble for me to make your stay here easier. Besides, to tell you the truth, my brother was always getting on me about being more social with people."

Sabrina began, reminiscing about the time she spent with her brother before he went off on his own. It had been some time now, almost two years since then. Even when they were young they squabbled, but, the times when they truly got along were some of the best times she could remember. Yet, the arguments were always terrible. Of course, her desire to become a great duelist stemmed from him, and still does to this day. He always said that if she wanted to become good enough to beat him, she was going to have to learn to get along with and work with other people. She would need the help of the friends she made along the way to defeat him. As the thoughts rolled about her head, she glanced back to Yulice, again managing a friendly smile.

"Of course, you probably feel like that's silly. What does my brother have to do with any of this? Anyway, the point remains, don't worry about it. I think given some effort, you and I can be friends."

[/fieldbox]​

au1Wl9T.png

(@The Dapper Mog as Gin)

Anthony entered the arena that held a small audience surprisingly. Gin's two goons as well as a few others from all three ranks of the school seemed to want to stop by and watch one of the first duels of the year. This was it. Stepping to his place on the arena he could notice many of the audience give him doubtful or critical looks that he guessed was more than just his hair they were talking and snickering about. They did not matter. What mattered was winning this so Kazumi would not have to deal with these obnoxious guys anymore.

Stepping up to his side of the arena, Anthony checked his watch before pulling out his deck and began shuffling while keeping his gaze on Gin. "I am ready when you are. You just make sure you keep to your promise on the terms of this duel" Anthony said before sliding his deck into the deck slot of his duel disk.

Gin flashed Anthony a sly smirk, shuffling his own deck before placing it into the slot on his duel disk. With a flashy maneuver, he activated the disk, signalling the beginning of their contest. "You can talk as big as ya want, chump. I guarantee you won't be able to handle what my deck has in store for you. Just to show what a nice guy I am, I'll let you go first."

Anthony activated his own duel disk in turn and drew his first five cards. Not a bad start. "How kind of you. Ill draw then and start things off. First I will activate my field spell Dragon Ravine. Once per turn it allows me to discard one card from my hand to send one dragon from my deck to the graveyard." Placing the card into the side slot of his duel disk the field began to change into a large ravine with a large powerful sun in the sky where distant dragons seemed to fly high up above them both. "I will use my Ravine to send my Keeper of the Shrine from my hand and my Divine Dragon Ragnarok from my deck to the graveyard. Finally I'll end my turn by playing Luster Dragon in Attack mode [1900/1600]. Your move Gin".

Gin drew his cards as well, looking over his cards as his usual strategy began to unfold in his mind. He watched his opponent play out his turn with obvious boredom, as though nothing he did had any meaning or relevance to what was happening. A staggering degree of confidence, to be sure. "Alright, that isn't a bad monster you've got there, punk. Unfortunately for you, mine is better." Gin threw a card from his hand into position on the duel disk, conjuring forth a small group of green creatures. "I summon, Goblin Attack Force! [2300/0] Then, I attack your Luster Dragon with my Attack Force!"

With another confident grin, Gin chuckled to himself, waving towards his foe in a gesture as if he were telling him to go away. "Go ahead then. Take your turn, I'm done."

"You may have summoned a strong monster but now it will be forced into defense mode. Also my defense is still intact. For when a normal dragon is destroyed, my Keeper can return to the field in defense mode [0/2100] as well as return Luster Dragon to my hand. Now I draw." Anthony said. "Now I return Luster Dragon to the field to destroy your Goblins! Attack!" The lustrous beast roared and fired a bright beam of fire to scorch the entire defenseless force. "Now I return the turn to you." Anthony said while looking at the somewhat surprised expressions in the crowd. But the duel only had just begun.

Gin grit his teeth as he drew his next card, glancing at it before almost immediately placing it into one of his monster card zones. "It doesn't matter, because I have an entire army of powerful monsters in my deck. Speaking of, here comes another! I summon Giant Orc [2200/0] in attack position! Then, I use it to wipe out your Luster Dragon! Sure, he switches into defense mode after he attacks, but it's worth it for such a strong attack strength." After the great orc smashed the now dispersed dragon, Gin placed two cards face-down into his spell and trap card zones. "Then, I'll end my turn by placing two cards face down."

Anthony groaned and saw his monster destroyed once again. Gin's deck seems to be filled with strong monsters with little to no defense. Drawing his next card he felt a strange shock go through his arm simply by touching the card. Bringing it into his hand he realized the dragon he had drawn. Would now be the best time to summon it? Thinking on his strategy he knew this was the best option and he smirked towards his opponent. "I forgot to inform you that there is another ability of my Keeper. He can be used as two sacrifices for any dragon monster. So now I will summon my legendary dragon for the first time. I call upon and summon the Blue-Eyes White Dragon! [3000/2500]" He said sacrificing his keeper and placing the card into the slot on his duel disk that seemed to arc from the card. The Ravine seemed to darken and a great bolt of lightning flashed before the Dragon appeared shocking all of those spectating the duel.

Gin's eyes broadened in an awestruck terror, recoiling at the very name, then again at the sudden appearance of the monster before him. "That's impossible! A Blue-Eyes White Dragon?! How could a nobody like you get your grubby hands on a card like that?!"

"You should not judge any duelist just for the class rank and color of their jacket. Now Blue eyes White Lightning Attack!" He yelled and in a near instant the giant was turned into less than dust. But once again Gins life points were spared. Keeping the duel 7300-8000. The crowd's interest immediately grew and even more people seemed to fill the audience."With that I end my turn. Not even your orc's can match my Blue-Eyes"

Gin again growled through his teeth as he drew again, quickly setting the new card into his spell and trap card zone. "Here, I set this card face down. Let's see what you do about this one. Your turn, punk."

The crowd especially the Obelisk's seemed to disapprove of Gin's short turn and all eyes returned to Anthony as he drew. "You left yourself wide open..Blue Eyes Attack him directly!" Anthony called as his dragon prepared another attack aimed directly at Gin.

The immense alabaster dragon fired a blast of energy directly at the Obelisk Blue student, coating him in a glow of light before it dissipated. "A good attack, but, you walked right into my obvious trap! I activate: The Golden Apples! It's a trap that I can only use after suffering a direct attack. It summons a Malus token onto my side of the field with an attack and defense strength equal to the amount of damage I just took! [3000/3000] Oh, and it also instantly recovers all of the life points I lost from your attack."

Anthony would have been worried but he knew those three face downs meant something and were not empty threats to him. Besides his token was little threat with the card he had in his hand. Still keeping his playful confident smirk he set one card face down. "Your token is only a temporary mimic. But let's see an Obelisk turn the tables on little yellow me." He challenged and ended his turn.

Gin clearly didn't care for his opponent's care-free attitude. He was accustomed to his opponents sweating, and this calm exterior Anthony was displaying was only serving to rile him up more. "Yeah, yeah. You think you're so cool. I have exactly what I need for now, so, I'm just gonna go ahead and draw and leave it at that."

Anthony Was ready to destroy his opponent's token and in fact end this duel as over the next two turns he drew exactly what he needed. "I am afraid as I said before. Your defense is a bit lacking. I will clear out the last of it an end this duel. I activate Twin Twister. By discarding one card from my hand I can destroy both of your face down cards."

"I don't think so!" Gin called out in response, flipping one of his facedown cards upright. "I activate the trap: Dark Bribe! At the cost of letting you draw a card, I negate your spell, protecting my facedowns!"

Seeing his twister dissipate Anthony drew his next card and continued to keep his calm confident demeanor. "I will just play the card you gave me then. I activate Galaxy Cyclone to destroy your last face down anyway." Anthony said destroying the last of his backrow defenses. Gin recoiled again, seemingly barely able to contain his rage as he almost flailed angrily. "No! I needed that mirror force, you punk!"

Now it was time to finish this. "Now it is just your token and my dragon as well as your life points. I activate my magic card The Fang of Critias! This lets me send my Tyrant Wing Trap Card to the graveyard and summon Tyrant Burst Dragon! [2900/2500]". Another dragon appeared above the Ravine and came down with glowing wings landing beside Blue-Eyes. "Now before you talk about how I still cannot destroy your token without my Blue Eyes going down with it. My Tyrant Burst Dragon's ability activates! I fuse it with my Blue-Eyes to create Blue-Eyes Tyrant Dragon! [3400/2500]" The two dragons shined brightly enough to make every member watching recoil from the sheer brightness before there stood Blue-Eyes with the glowing wings of its former partner and then roared loudly in preparation for an attack. "Now with only your token in its path I will clear the field to end this. I use my last card in my hand to activate Raigeki and destroy your token"

latest

Gin averted his eyes as the blinding light flashed before him, slowly returning his gaze to the field just in time to see his own monster blasted away by magical lightning. He cried out in anguish as he realized that his defeat had become inevitable. "This just isn't possible! You lucky punk! You can't beat me! Not like this! I can't lose to a nobody!"

"Now I will take your life points down all the way to zero. As not only is my Blue-Eyes 400 points stronger but he can attack three times per battle phase...and with your field now empty. This duel is over. Blue-Eyes end this duel!" He yelled as the dragon roared once more and fired three large beam like attacks are hitting Gin directly and moments later the duel field and their duel disks deactivated from the conclusion of the duel. The crowd was silent at what they just witnessed and Gin's goons looked on in horror.

Gin dropped down to a knee, trembling in a mix of surprise and rage as he looked down at the floor, a sense of disbelief and shame washing over him. Kazumi cheered for Anthony, glad she had gone with her gut and put her faith in him to help her out. She cupped her hands around her mouth as she called out to the loser in blue; "Hey, Gin. I'll see ya tomorrow bright and early for work!" Meanwhile, the goons whom had accompanied Gin approached him, helping him get to his feet as they walked off in silent fury, managing to escape the arena with only a few snide comments and sneers.

Anthony put his deck back into his deck box at his belt and walked over to Kazumi with a small smile. "There I did my best. I hope he actually keeps his word. If he does not, I know the other Blue's will only distance themselves more from him though." He said noticing other duelist still lingering and talking while glancing in their direction.

Kazumi approached Anthony, brushing a lock of auburn hair away from her eye as she smiled at him. "That was a good duel. Sure, I don't really play, but, I've seen it enough and been around the cards enough to know how the game works. And hey, if he doesn't stick to it, we can pull some strings and see to it that he's rightly punished for it. Your part here is done. Thanks again, Anthony. Come on by the shop again sometimes, we'll be happy to have you." With a confident wink, she pivoted on her heel, making her way back to her father's shop.

Anthony smiled watching her go before the alarm on his wrist snapped his attention. "Oh right...I have less than ten minutes!" He said before hurrying off towards the banquet.

[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
[fieldbox= Yuichi Nakamura, maroon, solid]

WufeG0J.png

[October 13th, Duel Academy Card Shop]

"Ah, okay."

Was all that Yuichi said to Anthony before he departed.

("Another Duel Spirit? Lord of D…")

Yuichi tried to piece it all together before a heavy sigh interrupted his contemplation. He looked to the source, the girl from earlier.

"Nice to meet you, Yuichi. I think these two don't care much about the banquet. I imagine they'll make it in time still. Also, I apologize about that awfulness. My dad's shop is usually a neutral zone and very friendly to everyone. Some people just don't respect that though. If you need any help, feel free to let me or my dad know. He's the man behind the counter with the goatee and the glasses. I, unfortunately, have some business to attend to. Ugh, this duel may be awful for me. How could I let myself get caught up in the moment and make that challenge? What is wrong with me!?"
"Ah hah…"

Yuichi let out an awkward laugh, not sure how to respond. Fortunately the girl continued after a brief pause.

"Uhm, anyway, I gotta go and watch this duel to make sure I didn't, you know, bet on the wrong horse. See ya! Sorry, Dad, shops all yours for a bit!"
"Aww, come on, Kazumi. Ugh, teenagers."

Before Yuichi could even utter a response, the girl had left. Only Yuichi and Kazumi's dad were present in the shop. Yuichi made eye contact with the dad and made a light bow before he left.

"Excuse me…"

[Duel Arena]

Yuichi arrived at the arena and noticed a few spectators. He found a seat and took it.

("Hmm? Both manually shuffling? No auto shuffle?")

Yuichi looked over his duel disk. When he dueled his proctor, Hukui, his duel disk auto shuffled when he searched for Gladiator Beasts to swap to and placed his deck back in. He put that thought in a corner of his mind as the duel started in earnest. Yuichi hoped it would be more interesting than the other duels he watched.

The turns unfolded without any major reaction from Yuichi, who watched with a neutral expression. That is, till Anthony summoned a Blue Eyes White Dragon.

("…!")

Yuichi jumped out his seat in shock, along with a few other spectators. He craned his neck forward to get a marginally better look.

("What the hell?!")

Gin recoiled in terror, screaming "That's impossible! A Blue-Eyes White Dragon?! How could a nobody like you get your grubby hands on a card like that?!"

Yuichi's thoughts were similar to Gin's, except that he did not think of Anthony as a nobody. Or that his hands were grubby.

("How is that…?")

Yuichi threw out implausible possibilities, like Anthony stealing a Blue Eyes from Kaiba. What he was left was…

("Those booster packs?")

Yuichi remembered that copies of Blue Eyes White Dragon were supposed to be in a certain set of booster packs, but to his knowledge nobody had found even one. Complaints were made about false advertising online and offline, but apparently they were just extraordinarily rare.

By the time Yuichi regained his composure, Gin had activated The Golden Apples and Anthony ended his turn.

("?")

Strangely, Gin didn't attack the Blue Eyes with the Malus token summoned.

("Sure both of them would be destroyed but it's better than letting Anthony keep the Blue Eyes. Especially since he doesn't even have any facedowns to prevent the destruction…")

Yuichi proved himself to be right as Anthony summoned Tyrant Burst Dragon and made his Blue Eyes stronger, the brightness of it causing Yuichi to squint his eyes. The duel was over.

("That was an Obelisk Blue? I've seen Slifers play better. Maybe he just got a bad hand and Anthony got a good one? That Blue Eyes…")

Yuichi got up and started walking to the banquet area, a frown on his face as he pondered.[/fieldbox]

H-harm's way? Yulice had to give that phrase a bit of pause. Yulice was so used to being the weird one, then Sabrina came and caught her off guard with that.

And of course, she mentioned her brother, and Yulice's thoughts turned to her own. He was also the one she thought of when it came to friends. She'd had her classroom acquaintances of course: the ones she would join for group assignments, or eat lunch with. Maybe they'd chat about some show or game before class started. Well, in elementary school, at least. By the time they were in middle school the conversations were about boys, so Yulice was often left behind, going home right after school so she could chat with her brother online, with him miles away at the Duel Academy. He typed like an elementary schooler... The plushie in Yulice's hand suffered as she clenched it, getting annoyed as she thought of Xavier again.

Having already forgotten what Sabrina said, Yulice gave a lazy nod of blind acceptance, before raising her arms, aiming to throw her plushie on to her bed. Tossing it, her aim was a little off to the side, and her thrust a bit too forceful, and instead of sailing neatly to her bunk, it went alongside it, the plushie smacking the standing Sabrina right in the face. Jaw dropping in surprise, Yulice raised her hands helplessly, too stunned to properly apologize.

Reactions: The Dapper Mog
[fieldbox=Sabrina Tokura, Red, Solid]
Sabrina%20Eye%20Shot_zpscdtxxxte.png

Sabrina observed her new roommate, noting that she seemed to be lost in her own mind, recalling something interesting or simply thinking about what was said. Either way, the silence wasn't exactly unwelcome. Still, she did kind of want to start a dialogue here, maybe get to know each other a little bit. Of course, they had all year, maybe, just maybe, they would have plenty of time to get to know each other. When she was just about to speak again to break the silence, Yulice moved, apparently aiming to throw her plush, only to (inadvertently, she hoped) wind up through it straight at Sabrina. The soft form of the plush struck the young woman in the face, her eyes widening as she raised her hands just in time to catch the falling object. Her expression was one of blanket confusion, brows raising slightly at the rather strange occurrence. She took a step forward and held it out to Yulice, noting her raised arms and apparently concerned expression.

"Uhm...I'm going to guess that wasn't on purpose...here. I think I'm gonna go hit up that banquet. I'm starved. I guess i'll...see you later, Yulice."

Once she took the plush, Sabrina would flash her new roommate a polite smile before again turning away to leave, opening the door and swinging it open to walk through, then closing it gently behind her. She figured that maybe if she showed that she wasn't upset by the sudden "attack" maybe she would understand that she in fact wanted to get along. Or, at least, that she wasn't upset. Sabrina found herself wondering if the two of them were more similar than they realized, as well as whether or not Yulice herself would join her at the banquet later. Just what did this year have in store?
[/fieldbox]​

[fieldbox=Alec Kerrigan, red, solid, 12, book antiqua]
Heading into the small Slifer Red dining hall, Alec continued to pet the cat as he takes a seat at an empty table in the middle of the right row. Setting the cat on the table, one of the seniors leaned over, none other than Koyo Hibiki himself. "Hey, freshman- are you the one living in room 204?" Taken aback, Alec went a little wide-eyed, speaking up. "Y-yeah! I'm Alec Kerrigan, a pleasure to met you, Mr. Hibiki!" The elder of the two chuckled, smiling. "Just call me Koyo. Either way, that fluffball you brought in is Pharaoh. He's Professor Banner's pet and basically the dorm mascot. Either way, Professor Banner lives on the first floor and Pharaoh loves climbing around the place, so he'll typically find his way into 204. For some reason he just likes that room." Alec nodded, sighing. "Thanks for the info. Besides, I like cats- I doubt he'll be a nuisance. But, anyway, who's Professor Banner?"

"That would be me!" Coming back from behind the curtain was an exceptionally tall, land man carrying a cat food/water dish and a dining tray, putting the two down in front of the cat and the duelist, respectively. "My name is Professor Lyman Banner, and I do believe I have you for my first year class, Alec. It's a pleasure to meet you!" Alec nodded, smiling somewhat as Pharaoh mewled softly and began to drink some water. "It's a pleasure to meet you, too, Professor Banner. Although, I thought Professor Otohime was the resident faculty for this dorm?" The tall man chuckled, sighing. "Well, Midori is the primary resident faculty, yes, I simply live here and help out around as need be. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to prepare the rest of these meals."

"Quick! Turn on the news!"

Soon enough, one of the other upperclassmen pulled out a remote, switching on the large television in the front of the dining hall. The local newswoman, a brunette-haired woman by the name of Kisara Mizune, was smiling as she gave the news.

"...And last but not least, congradulations to all of the new students of Duel Academy! Shout out to all of the duelists in my old dorm of Slifer Red!" It would be then that her eyes widened, an image of a vaguely familiar island appearing onscreen nect to her. "This just in! Duelist Kingdom, the private island estate belonging to Maximillion Pegasus, has been robbed! Pegasus, the founder, chairman, and CEO of Industrial Illusions and a major stockholder of Kaiba Corportation, is best known as the inventor of Duel Monsters. Pegasus' rare safe, which contained secret, unqiue cards supposedly powerful enough to rival the Egyptian God Cards. Pegasus gave the press a statement saying that the stolen cards and equipment are dangerous and extremely powerful..." The news continued on the topic for a short while before moving on to other material, the Slifer Red students murmering amongst one another.
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
Left in the silence of the dorm room, Yulice stared blankly at the closed door Sabrina left through, holding her Kuriboh plush gently.

That sudden excuse to leave, that forced smile...

Yulice messed up bad. Sabrina was hiding a bubbling fury behind that false smile and hasty exit. Yulice messed up really bad. Burying her face in the back of her plush, she doubled over, letting out a long groan. How long had she been in this room before she screwed it up royally? Or more importantly, how long until Sabrina's vengeance would be enacted? And how could Yulice possibly prepare herself? Maybe she could smooth it over somehow... But every mental situation she imagined was painful and awkward, so that wasn't happening either.

Flopping down, she tossed her plush up to her bed properly, Yulice let out another sigh as she lay there for who knew how long, some of the fatigue from the trip getting to her a bit.

"I'm hungry," Yulice realized after a short bit.

Standing, Yulice stretched, slumping down as she headed out and down, finding her way to the dining hall as a few of the last Slifers were working their way in to the hall abuzz with chatter, the television displaying some rather typical news (though Yulice was hearing the words 'Pegasus' and 'God' getting thrown around a lot).

Putting that out of her mind, she waited until she got her food, picking up her utensils before digging in. She didn't get further than one bite before pausing, taking a moment to actually look down at her food, the cheapness finally became apparent to her. It seemed the word 'banquet' had given her a false expectation. Using all her will not to spit out her bland food, she forced it down, trying to keep her face neutral. Xavier cooked way better than this! Hell, she probably could....not. But Slifer Red was clearly having some budget issues or something: this was well below a typical high school. Wasn't this supposed to be one of the most coveted academies in the world?

au1Wl9T.png

Interactions: Virgil @Cush Almighty

Still thinking over the duel as Anthony finally returned to the Ra Yellow Dorm he quickly headed to his room and noticed more belongings had been left on the other side of his room. "So I do have a roommate...Might run into him tonight" Anthony said out loud before going and checking on his bag to see his Millennial Scale still locked in his room bringing instant relief to him strangely. As he stood and turned around he nearly jumped back onto his bed as he was face to face with the Lord of Dragons. "What the!"

"Calm yourself Anthony. I am a guide, an ally, and a friend to you. I am no figment of your imagination and have guided you to the Blue-Eyes you now possess. Ever since you were young and became fascinated with the flying beasts of legend I have been here alongside you. The power you have from your own past was too faint for me to truly appear to you. I only warn you that there are others among you that are connected to the origin of your past and that you should be ready in case even I do not know what it is they seek." The Lord said. Taking a few moments to take this all in it strangely did not take much to understand and believe him as he drew the card of the being before him as it seemed to glow dimly in his hand. "I see. Somewhat....but what do you mean by all this talk of the past. Who else should I worry about? Am I in danger?" He asked curiously before looking up and the being was gone and the clock showed he only had three minutes before the banquet. Once again. More questions for later.

Putting the card back into his deck in the box at his belt before he locked his room and hurried over to the Ra Yellow Banquet hall as many Ra's were taking their seats. Many faces already taking notice of him and quite a few people already seemed to recognise him from his earlier duel and surely the news had spread.

"Is that the guy who beat Gin so easily?"

"The guys who watched his duel swore he used a Blue-Eyes!"

"His first duel on campus was a win against a high ranking Obelisk..."

Taking a seat beside a darker toned male with a sigh as he looked over and saw he possessed a golden duel disk. His eyes lighting with interest especially as there was a small demon looking thing floating above his head. "Umm..Hey there man. That is a pretty sweet duel disk. Where did you get something like that?" He asked averting his attention from the many people looking over his way as the Banquet was starting.

[/fieldbox]

Virgil had walked into the Ra banquet and took a random seat. He sat there patiently at the table scooping out the other students. He noticed a good number of students jerk their head to the direction of the door as one of the other students was entering the room. Virgil heard a few of the things the students were saying about him. They said he defeated Obelisk Blue with a Blue-Eyes of all creatures with easy apparently. "I've never seen a Blue-Eyes before." He softly remarked. Lucius then appeared standing on top of Virgil's head. " This kid might be worthy of our skills. He has all these other scrubs chattering like some school girls." Virgil ignored Lucius since they were in public. The student that was turning heads when he walked in choose the chair down in the chair beside to Virgil and sparked a conversation over the duel disk he was wearing.

Virgil gave him an uninterested look before replying to him. He really didn't want to be here, but this occasion was mandatory which meant he had no choice in the matter as a student. He raised his arm and let the guy have a closer look at it. "I won it in a tournament a few years back. Pretty cool, isn't it? I wasn't even a sweat getting it either." He said while showing him. "I've noticed you're making a few heads turned this way." Virgil nodded his head in the direction where a some of the female students were seated at. "What did you do today to have so many people looking at you like that?"

Reactions: Dante
au1Wl9T.png

Anthony nodded and looked over his unique duel disk. "It is really cool. I have never seen anything like it before. You must be quite the duelist perhaps we can duel each other sometime. As for the attention..I just helped out someone at the card shop here at the academy and an Obelisk student was causing trouble." Anthony said with a shrug. "So I tried to help her out and get the Obelisk to back away. We had a duel and it went really well in my favor. The attention though is more from the monster I played. I summoned the Blue-Eyes White Dragon to defeat him and now it seems I already made quite the impression." He said with a small smile before looking up at Lucius. "So..what is the story there with your little friend?" Anthony Whispered pointing discreetly above Virgil.

@Cush Almighty

[/fieldbox]

Virgil wasn't too surprised that it was an Obelisk Blue harassing someone. He already had a bad impression with a couple earlier. If he had been there he would've helped the poor girl too. He wasn't the hero type since you're always better off keeping your head down. Still, bullies are the worst and need to be put in their place. Hearing this guy owned Blue-Eyes White Dragon only made him want to get a peek at it. Anthony then mentions Lucius as Virgil's little friend. "So you can see him too? That makes you the second person I've met who can see Lucius. I really don't know much about him. He's just a loud mouth who popped up one day and never left."

Lucius jumped of Virgil's head and onto the dining table. He grabbed his tattered black cape and pulled it over his body, letting only his face be visible. "Greeting mortal, I am Lucius! Vassal of Shadows. I can feel a great amount of power from you. Would you like to serve under me like Virgil here? I promise all the Ojama women you can imagine." The little armor-clad imp though his cap to the side and stuck his hand out for a handshake.

"I have no idea what he's talking about. Everything he has said is a lie, expect my name does happen to Virgil. He's the most obnoxious thing on this planet. "
Virgil explain.

Lucius turns his glowing red eyes on Virgil. "You blabber mouth! That why he still wet's the bad a night! And his mother still picks out his clothing!"

[fieldbox= Hikari Rhodes & Yuichi Nakamura, silver, solid]
P930YFD.png
YwVk138.png

[October 13th, Obelisk Blue Banquet Hall]

The food at the Obelisk Blue banquet was the best that Yuichi had ever ate in his entire life.

("So this is the high life, huh?")

Unfortunately, the flavor was soured due to the atmosphere. It was obvious that Yuichi was being ostracized; nobody was sitting next to him, and snickering and whispers could be heard coming from the people next to him.

Yuichi, wanting to take a break from the banquet, tried to find an area with few people. He found a spot that lead to a balcony area. But as he moved closer, and was able to get a better look at the balcony, it was already occupied by a girl. He was about to leave to find another spot when he noticed two things. One, he had seen the white haired girl on the ship earlier. Two, said girl was talking to the demonic figure also present on the ship earlier. The thought to just leave like he did before was a mild temptation. However, he knew that if he didn't confront this potential issue, it would bother him for the whole night. Yuichi frowned and approached her.

"You… What are you…?"

He stared at Yubel, suspicion in his eyes.

Hikari turned to face Yuichi as the demonic looking figure vanished behind her."Oh, it's…" She was fairly sure they hadn't actually met one another. "Did you want something?"

Yuichi's eyes narrowed as the figure disappeared before his eyes. He then looked at Hikari, who nonchalantly asked him a question.

"What was that thing you were talking to?"

Hikari was silent for a moment before responding. "Thing?" She leaned back onto the balcony support. Eyes looking out at the admittedly beautiful view. "You need to be more specific."

Yuichi blinked twice then closed his eyes and sighed. He looked at Hikari, scratching the back of his neck and responded, a more composed expression on his face.

"The evil looking angel-demon thing that you were just talking to moments ago."

"That is more specific." Hikari continued to stare out at the view before finally glancing back to him. "Not very social but pretty sure if you said that to most other people, they'd think you weird." She shrugged. "Or maybe not." Like she said, not very social.

Yuichi mimicked Hikari's shrug.

"I suppose to ones that don't see Duel Spirits I might sound crazy. Now, can you answer my question? What was that thing?"

Hikari paused for a few seconds before responding, face still forward. "A duel spirit." She could hear his brow twitching. "A friend of mine… She won't bite you…"

Yuichi waited to see if she would explain more, but the girl didn't. Seeing that she was finished, Yuichi started.

"A 'friend', you say? Ah, I forgot to introduce myself. Yuichi Nakamura."

Yuichi reflexively extended his hand for a handshake, but remembered the scene on the ferry and retracted it.

"And you two are…?"

Yuichi had heard rumors of evil Duel Spirits, and was a little scared of what might happen. But it felt like something told him to press forward; the rod in his coat felt reassuring.

("And evil ones exert their wills through duels. If that's the case, there's no way I'll lose with this deck.")

"Hikari." She answered simply. She glanced back behind her when it looked like he was waiting for more. "...Yubel. She's called Yubel."

"Hikari and Yubel, huh?"

Yuichi stared at Hikari for a few seconds, saying nothing while trying to think of what to say next. Hikari didn't seem to be possessed; if she was, then it was a rather mellow evil demon.

"Any reason why this Yubel won't talk to me?"

"She's shy." Hikari responded. "Doesn't like to talk to people. Doesn't get a lot of practice outside of me." No one had ever seen her before till today. "Why? Have a crush on her? Is that why you want to talk to her?"

Yuichi couldn't hold back his laugh.

"Pfft!"

The delivery of those questions along with Hikari's deadpan face combined to make a surreal combination, blowing away most of his suspicions and concerns. Yuichi still regained his composure quickly enough, but a faint smile could be seen on his face.

"A crush? No, I wanted to talk to her because…"

Yuichi laughed again and shook his head.

"Well, I think it's fine."

In truth, though Yubel's appearance was intimidating, he felt no real evil presence emanating from her. He felt more evil coming from a Dark Mimic than Yubel. But he knew from experience that first impressions could be deceiving and so wanted to talk to Yubel to learn more about her.

("I don't think Hikari is lying to me. Hard to tell though.")

Half-jokingly, he spoke his next words.

"And truthfully, you're more my type. I don't like girls that wear such revealing outfits."

His mind earlier was full of Yubel and what to talk about next, so Hikari's appearance didn't really register in his mind till that question. But when he actually looked at her, she was quite the looker. Snow white hair and green eyes, along with a pleasant voice.

("I don't have time for romance though. I need to become the top and…")

Yuichi clenched a fist tightly and remembered his resolution, the reason he came to this academy. His contemplation was interrupted when Hikari spoke, breaking him out of his reverie.

"..." Hikari turned around to face Yuichi. Gaze held steady for a moment. "...You're weird…" Coming from her, that meant something. She paused for another moment"...Yubel want's me to punch you for her…" She held her hand out to dismiss the idea. " I'll pass though." She didn't like fighting.

Yuichi grinned.

"I'm weird? Well I guess that makes the two of us. And thanks for not punching me."

Yuichi paused for a moment to run through how the conversation unfolded. He was acting a bit out of character compared to his previous interactions. Instead of being polite and reticent, he thought he was being a bit rude and forward, like he was back around family.

("I guess it's because I'm relieved that this Yubel isn't bad?")

He shook his head and shrugged his shoulders.

"Well then, I guess I'll see you later Hik-"

Yuichi froze mid sentence.

("Wait a second, was I going to call her by her first name? She has to be Japanese, right? Or at least part? Oh crap, I called her Hikari before too didn't I? Even if this academy has American customs, I still shouldn't... Ahhh…!")

Yuichi coughed several times before speaking again.

"Uhh, I don't think I got your full name…?"

Hikari made to speak but stopped just as her mouth opened. She glanced to the side, as if someone was talking to her. "Rhodes. Hikari Rhodes. Hikari is fine though."

("...I'll be troubled if you say it like that so easily.")

Yuichi opened his mouth and closed it several times without saying anything, like he was imitating a goldfish. It wasn't that he never called girls by their first names before, but he never called a Japanese girl by her first name, especially with no honorific.

"Hikar… Hikaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr… Hiiikkkkkkkaaa..."

Yuichi sighed, giving up.

"Umm, are you part Japanese?"

She gave another short pause. "Yes. Why do you ask?"

("Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!")

Yuichi screamed internally. He walked in place and looked down at the ground. Faint mumbles could be heard.

"Hika… Hikar… Hi-this isn't working."

He shook his head, looked up, and held a hand towards Hikari, palm-out for the universal expression of "stop".

"I can't do it. I'll just call you Rhodes-san for now, sorry."

Yuichi then turned around to leave, accidentally bumping his duel disk on the door frame on the way out.

("Ughh, I need to get used to saying the names sooner than later. At the very least, at this academy…")

He looked over his duel disk and fiddled with it to assess if there was any damage to it. Once he was satisfied he finally left the balcony.

Hikari tilted her head ever so slightly. "Alright…" If that's what he wanted. She watched as he walked off and only when he was no longer in view did Yubel appear before her. "What was that about?"

"Revenge." Yubel replied with a smirk.

"Hm…" Hikari simply hummed as she looked back out the balcony. She blinked when a figure down below caught her eye...[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Alec Kerrigan, red, solid, 12, book antiqua]
Soon enough, the main course, beef lo mein with steamed white rice, optional sushi, rolls, and a few other items. Although not as lavish as the other dorms, it did display the dorm's outstanding tendency to do very much with very little. Soon enough, Midori Otohime came in, smiling as many of the upperclassmen affectionately called her "Mom." She soon spoke up, warmly welcoming all the new and returning students before beginning the dinner. Doctor Philips would give something similar, turning his gaze towards one student in particular, giving a warning about performing illegal pick-up duels in the main facilities and openly brandishing a "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" when there were many Duel Academy students who weren't above stealing rare cards from other students or forcing them into ante duels. Professor Takeda also warned about the illegal pick-up duels, although no mention of the legendary "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" was made.

As it came around, not all of the Slifers that Alec met that night were duelists- about half of them were focused on equipment, engineering, programming, and the like. Meanwhile, the primary game design students were in Ra Yellow. These student were in Slifer Red so that they had around-the-clock access to the campus workshop, something Alec made note of. There were some impromptu duels that lead to Alec winning a few, Koyo winning them all, and one student getting crushed by Professor Otohime to pick out a few. The situation didn't seem nearly as formal as other dorms, but it did lead to a larger sense of camaraderie and connections. In the end, Alec dismissed himself after he and the other Slifers all pitched in to help clean up the dining hall.

Taking a shower and changing into an undershirt, boxers, and sleeping pants, the Millennium Key around his neck as he laid down, he pulled out his deck, smiling as he set it on his bedside table. "You know what, Dark? I think I'm going to like it here." I'd hope so, there's no way off of this island unless you can swim for miles on end. The wise and stalwart Dark Magician- blunt and straightforward as he spoke from inside the deck. "Well, seeing as I don't have fins and gills, I'll be fine. G'night, Dark." Rest well, Alec.

When the morning came, Alec was awoken by the mewling of Pharaoh, who was swatting at the Dark Magician's manifest form. Calm down... be still, servant of Bast! Rubbing his eyes, Alec yawned, getting up and making his bed before putting out a bowl of water for the cat. "Pharaoh can see you?" The Dark Magician nodded, looking at his partner. Indeed. Many animals have the ability to see Duel Spirits naturally. The many species of sacred cat just see and interact with us the utmost easily. "Well, you learn something new every day." As Pharaoh moved to the bowl, lapping at the water as Alec did his morning routine- shaving, brushing teeth, etc- wnding with him getting dressed and packing his backpack with his supplies, Duel Disk, and a pair of gym clothes. After that was said and done, the Slifer Red Duelist put the Millennium Key around his neck and his deck in its container on his belt before yawning and stretching. Ushering Pharaoh out after emptying the bowl and putting it in the sink, Alec grabbed a drink and a blueberry muffin from the dining hall and making his way to class.

If he remembered right, the first part of the day consisted of both of the dueling classes that was shared by the freshmen class, followed by first-year physical education. After that and lunch, everyone went off to their primary classes (math, english/literature, history, and science) and their electives. Alec's schedule after the shared classes was dual-credit statistics, ancient history/anthropology with Doctor Phillips, AP English III, astronomy, and Professor Banner's first-level class. After that, all the freshmen were invited to attend the club fair in the gym, which Alec would likely take a quick look at before exploring the campus for a little bit.

Otherwise, when the time came, Alec sat down in his assigned seat in the second row of the class, drinking some coffee he had gotten along the way that was available students, preferring to take it black as he pulled out a pen and notebook.
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
[fieldbox=?????, teal, solid]

Mira_zpsl0jykau7.png

A young woman sat a few rows back from the front, tapping a pen onto the desk beneath her. Her opposite hand twirling her light blonde hair around the digit as she glanced around the room from duelist to duelist. Since her arrival at the academy this year, she found herself wondering just how strong the various students here were. After all, her father knew from the get go that she'd be surrounded formidable duelists, most of which probably knew who she was. Sure, she couldn't deny that a part of her did enjoy the attention, yet, at the same time, having a shadow to fill as sizeable as her father's was always quite difficult. Soon enough, class would be over, and it would be another opportunity to continue on with her mission. From the moment she arrived, her interest in dueling the other students had stemmed from more than a competitive spirits. After all, she had to reclaim what was rightfully hers, and in order to do that, she would have to discover the location of that item, and then defeat the duelist that currently possessed it. Through gritted teeth, she looked back to the front of the class, ignoring the few students around her whom were whispering about her and another couple of students, including someone whom had been on a hot-streak, and even a ra yellow that had managed to obtain an incredibly rare card; the Blue Eyes White Dragon.
[/fieldbox]​

[fieldbox=Nuri, violet, solid]

nuri%202_zpsfb1ommje.png

The class session finally ended, with the various students undoubtedly thankful that the lecture had finally ended. One of the first students out was a young woman with snowy white hair, her expression one of boredom and frustration. Her winning streak had been fairly absurd as of late. How was she supposed to find someone who could actually provide a challenge to her ideal? So far, all of her opponents had been so drearily awful at the game. The way they used their monsters and wielded their spells and traps was nothing short of disappointing. She looked down at the deck in her hands, the blue bordered card on top of her deck reminded her strongly of herself. Of course, there was good reason for that...her thoughts drifted and she almost bumped into someone. As she raised her gaze to meet the student she had bumped into, a fervor was already beginning to boil inside of her. What was she supposed to do after such a thing? What was the polite response?

"Oh, uhm, watch where you're going, fool!"

Nailed it.

The young male recoiled, flashing her an irritated glance.

"Hey, you almost bumped into me!"

Nuri raised a brow at the male, a slight smirk crossing her lips. Did he really talk back to her like that? The nerve...then again, how could he actually know who she really is? This was a new environment, and it should be expected that people would treat her like some kind of commoner. It wasn't all bad, but, it was definitely taking getting accustomed to. Especially since they had a tendency to be rude for seemingly no reason.

"Did I? Well, you should still step aside. After all, you may as well be dirt underfoot, peasant."

The person recoiled again, now glowering at her angrily. How dare she talk to him like that. Even if he was just a red, she had no right to talk to him like that.

"You think you're so great huh?! Some kind of big shot?! I challenge you to a duel!"

Nuri couldn't resist chuckling to herself for a couple seconds before breaking into a legitimate laugh. After a good five seconds she regained her composure and looked at him with a confident smirk.

"Really? Very well. Don't worry, dear, I'll make it quick and painless."

----------------------

After a short few minutes, the duel was already over, her life points barely touched and his hitting zero with the audible buzzer sound. With a flourish, Nuri pivoted on her heel, brushing her hair over her shoulder as her eyes spotted something interesting in the crowd. Beside a young man, a man clad in a dark violet robe floated beside him, a scepter in his hand. Was that...was that a duel spirit?! It was! The Dark Magician, no less. How very interesting. The silver haired young woman approached him with measured steps, a genuine smile crossing her lips.

"Hey, you. That spirit beside you, the Dark Magician...what exactly is it doing with you? Surely you aren't deserving of such a powerful companion..."
[/fieldbox]​

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Dante