Taking the card with a plain expression on her face, she replied, "Ah, thanks."

She studied it for a moment, not sure what to think. Was he not going easy on her? Admittedly, she did play pretty well by her own standards. A Crystal Raigeki to take out the Dark Paladin, followed by a Crystal Abundance to clear the field before swarming Alec with her Beasts won her the duel handily. She started to puff up at the idea of being sorted into Ra Yellow, but deflated as she remembered the traumatic Exam duel. Adding Mage Power to her collection, she mused, "Hmm, I don't know a lot about Spellcasters, so I'm not sure what advice I could give." Thinking for a moment, she pulled out her PDA, sending a text message. She elaborated, "My brother is starting his last year, so maybe he knows something?"

Sitting in silence for a moment as she waited for a reply, she was starting to feel awkward. Apparently she was friends with Alec now? She murmured, primarily to herself, "A duel every so often? That wouldn't be bad..." PDA buzzing, she glanced at the screen (mentally noting that Xavier was in a better mood than he'd been a few weeks ago), before blinking as she read, "'Secret Village of the Spellcasters is super annoying,' he said." With a shrug, she admitted, "I've never heard of that card. Is it any good?"

Last edited:
Reactions: Dante
[fieldbox= Yuichi Nakamura, maroon, solid]

WufeG0J.png

[October 13th, Duel Academy Ferry]

Yuichi groaned.

(“God, I’m never eating there again…!”)

Just his luck, the food he ate just after the boat departed was rioting in his stomach. As such, Yuichi was spending his time on a toilet. It wasn’t all bad though, since had his cell phone to browse the Internet while he was doing his business.

After what seemed like hours but was only minutes, his body was cleansed of any offending substance. As Yuichi washed his hands, he reflected on past events.

[Duel Academy Duel Arena]

On the written portion of the exam, Yuichi's grade was passable for an Obelisk Blue. If he performed poorly on the dueling portion he could have been a Slifer Red or Ra Yellow. Fortunately, Yuichi thought he passed the test with flying colors.

Yuchi waited in the stands to be called, seemingly observing the duels happening before him. In reality, he was zoning out, as he mindlessly rolled a beanbag around a hand with his fingers.

(“…”)

When he first arrived at the arena, he was eager to see what his peers’ skills were like and observed... That ended after a few minutes. One word repeated in his mind.

(“Boring…”)

And his face reflected his displeasure. Even those who apparently were Obelisk Blue worthy were disappointing. But it seemed like he was the odd man out; the students around him praised certain duels Yuichi thought were lacking. As such he gave up and decided to fiddle with a beanbag he used for juggling. The plan was to just wait it out till his name was called, but something caught his attention: a girl with blue-green hair took her place on the field. He wondered why his concentration was interrupted for something so run-of-the-mill, but he decided to trust his instincts. After all, those instincts were the same ones that led him to the golden rod on that beach.

“Miss, please activate your disk.”

Two boys near him burst out in laughter.

“Hahaha! Did you hear him? That girl didn’t even know that!”
“Puh. Well don’t laugh too hard, not all of us can be Obelisk Blues.”
“Another Slifer slacker in the making. Ah, I’m going outside call me if I’m up.”
“Got it.”

Yuichi glanced at them then looked at his own duel disk.

(“Oh shit, how do you turn it on?”)

He glanced down at the scene hoping to get a hint. As the man gestured to the button, Yuichi made note of it but didn’t press it.

(“Well, good thing I learned that now. Wouldn’t want to be embarrassed. Thank you nameless girl for suffering in my place.”)

Yuichi noted that the man named Tarly didn’t draw on the first turn; was that sort of a handicap for a proctor? The girl then summoned a monster and the duel started in earnest. Yuichi anticipated an interesting duel.

He was wrong.

Even though the girl won it was a hollow victory. The proctor was obviously holding back.

"Well, what happened there?"

(“A one-sided stomp,”) Yuichi answered to no one.

“You went easy on me…”
"Yes, and no. Where did you first notice it."

As Yuichi reflected on the duel, he came up with an answer the same time as the girl spoke.

(“Allure of Darkness.”)
"It was when...you used Magical Dimension to destroy your own monster.”

Yuichi’s guess was confirmed correct and the girl's wrong as Tarly explained. He cringed as he heard Tarly elaborate further.

(“Brutal.”)

Yuichi guessed that the proctor was just being honest, but there should have been a nicer way to put it.

The two people below him eventually finished their conversation. Yuichi was surprised to see the girl walking towards him and taking a seat a few feet away from him, but was more surprised by the Rainbow Kuriboh that appeared floating near her.

(“The hell is that?”)

That was a monster he was unaware of. While he started being able to see Duel Spirits when he first picked up a deck, he did not know all the monsters that existed in the game. This was one of them. At first he was concerned it being a malevolent being, but after observing its actions, he concluded it should be fine.

(“Hmm, should I go encourage her…?”)

Yuichi thought about what he should do. In the end, he concluded to leave her alone, judging that if he were to be in the same shoes as hers, he would not want to be bothered. After that, Yuichi took out his smartphone and started to play games on it, waiting for his name to be called. But…

“The test is now concluded. Thank you for…”
(“!!?”)

Yuichi swiftly put the phone back in his pocket and stood up, taking hurried steps towards the duel field.

“Wait wait wait! I haven’t had my turn yet!”
“Your name?”

A man with a beard and sunglasses glanced at Yuichi.

“Yuichi Nakamura.”
“Let’s see here…”

The man used his PDA and with a few swipes nodded his head. He looked at Yuichi.

“I’m terribly sorry. Seems like there’s been a little hiccup.”

Guessing he wasn’t allowed to know why, Yuichi waved him off.

“That’s fine. Can we get started?”
“Certainly, Yuichi. I am Mr. Hukui.”

The two took their places and the duel started, Yuichi remembering to press the button to activate the duel disk. There wasn’t much banter or time taken to think in-between turns, both players opting to be prompt and finishing the duel.

Yuichi opened with Bottomless Trap Hole, D.D. Crow, Dimensional Prison, Compulsory Evacuation Device, GB Laquari, and GB Bestiari. He summoned Laquari in attack mode, set Bottomless and ended his turn. His opponent summoned Ancient Gear Wyvern, which he promptly used Bottomless on. The effect of AG Wyvern still went off though, giving his opponent Ancient Gear Castle which he then activated. Yuichi drew Gladiator Proving Ground, shuffled the cards in his hand, and searched for another Laquari, summoning it in attack mode then shuffling his hand again. They both directly attacked for a total of 3600 LP. Activating both their effects at the end of the Battle Phase, he special summoned Hoplomus in defense mode and Bestiari in attack mode. Bestiari’s effect activated, destroying his opponent’s Ancient Gear Castle. He then set Dimensional Prison and ended his turn. Hukui summoned AG Knight and activated an equip card, AG Tank. It gave an 600 atk boost to his opponent’s AG Knight for a grand total of 2400 atk. However, Yuichi wasn’t worried. The moment the monster attacked, he activated Dimensional Prison, banishing the monster. As a result, AG Tank hit him for 600 damage since the equipped monster was removed from the field. The proctor set a facedown then ended his turn. Yuichi drew Book of Moon. He contemplated summoning Bestiari but was concerned about his opponent’s facedown being a potential Torrential Tribute. So without summoning anything, he entered the Battle Phase and attacked for 1500. At that moment, the facedown card was activated and… It wasn’t a Mirror Force or anything. Rather, it was Ancient Gear Reborn. Yuichi raised an eyebrow at this questionable move, but said nothing as he ended the Battle Phase and swapped Bestiari with Laquari. He set Compulsory Evacuation Device and ended his turn. The proctor set a monster face down and finished. Yuichi drew a Night Beam. It was a dead draw, considering there were no set cards on his opponent’s side of the field, but it didn’t matter. He knew the duel was going to be over with this move. He attacked with both Bestiari and Laquari, ending the duel.

When the duel ended, the proctor walked up to him and offered him a handshake, a faint smile on his face.

“Good game.”

Puzzled, Yuichi stared at the hand before reflexively shaking it. That moment of confusion was evidently caught by Hukui, who continued.

“It’s uncommon, but I always try to offer a handshake after a duel win or loss. And the ‘good game’ part refers to a well-played game. I find it helps to diffuse tensions after a duel.”

Yuichi put a finger on his chin in thought. He grinned.

“I like that. Thank you. Good game to you as well.”

Yuichi reciprocated the handshake. Truthfully he didn’t feel he played as well as he should, being over-cautious at some points. One thing that came to mind was not attacking with Hoplomus and tagging him out with Laquari and ending the duel sooner.

“How long have you been playing son? I’ve never been beat that quickly before with that test deck. It’s based on Doctor Crowler’s so it’s not exactly a cakewalk.”
“Umm, five months give or take? But I’ve only dueled like once or twice.”

At this the proctor looked skeptical.

“Once or twice? Quite a feat. I would have never guessed. What were you doing if not dueling?”
“Ahh, thank you. And well, I did a little bit of this and a little of that…”

Yuichi rubbed the back of his neck, feeling awkward. Understanding, the proctor continued.

“I see. If you don’t want to talk about it I won’t force you. Still, shuffling the hand after every draw phase… That’s an action most students don’t bother doing, even though it can give a lot of information to an opponent.”

Yuichi nodded his head and interrupted.

“Oh, why did you activate that Ancient Gear Reborn?”

At this the proctor laughed, seemingly embarrassed.

“Oh that? It’s been a long day and I thought I had something in the graveyard. But they were all removed from play. You can laugh at me if you want, since you didn’t laugh during the duel. I felt like crying.”

Instead of laughing, Yuichi flashed a small smile.

“And I have one more question…”

For a few minutes they discussed the duel and other various topics. After they were finished, Yuichi lightly bowed and departed.

As Yuichi left the restroom and walked around a bit, he felt strange. A feeling like there were other presences he should not ignore. Walking around, a scene caught his attention. A boy with dreadlocks and a girl with white hair. Both had Duel Spirits, but only one made him feel danger. It was a spirit he had never seen before: a demonic figure with sickly-pink skin, large black wings, heterochromic eyes, and a third vertically placed eye.

(“What IS that?”)

Yuichi had heard rumors of evil Duel Spirits possessing people in order to further their nefarious goals; was this one of them?

He listened to the conversation in front of him, trying to glean what information he could. The two finished, the boy taking his leave.

(“That Hikari doesn’t seem to be acting too strangely. But then what’s the deal with that spirit?”)

Wary of the girl, Yuichi followed the boy with dreadlocks. Waiting until the two of them were in a relatively secluded area, Yuichi raised his voice.

“Excuse me! Do you got a second?”

Yuichi then lowered his voice.

“Did you see the spirit near that girl? Any idea what it is?”

Yuichi blinked as he remembered something, smiled, and extended a hand towards Virgil.

“Oh, I’m sorry. That was rude of me to not introduce myself first. I’m Yuichi Nakamura.”[/fieldbox]

Last edited by a moderator:
As Virgil left the awkward conversation with Hikari, he himself was approached by a stranger. He was a black haired boy around Virgil's age. He had the hair cut he would see on an emo or goth kid.

“Did you see the spirit near that girl? Any idea what it is?” The boy said in a low voice. He then smiled at Virgil and reached out his hand as he introduced him. “Oh, I’m sorry. That was rude of me to not introduce myself first. I’m Yuichi Nakamura.”

Virgil was surprised, another person who can see spirits? He must have seen Lucius fooling around on Hikari's head. Virgil shook his hand and answered Yuichi's question. "Virgil, That spirit you're talking about was mine..." Once he said that Lucius appears sitting on Virgil's head. Virgil could feel his weight and sighs. "His name is Lucius and he is a pest to say the least."

"Howdy kid! Did you see the gorgeous armored body and think, 'Damn, I need some of that fine spirit ass". Lucius said already showing how obnoxious and asinine he was.

"Shut up Lucius!"
Virgil said as he grabbed him off his head and covered his mouth with his hands. "Sorry about that, the little bastard a hand full. So what dorm are you in Yuichi, I'm Ra Yellow myself."

WufeG0J.png

Virgil introduced himself. Yuichi already knew his name from overhearing the conversation from before but asked for politeness' sake. As Lucius butted in, Yuichi smiled at the spirit, not minding his antics.

("I meant the other one, but I'm guessing he couldn't see her...? I won't push it then.")

Virgil asked him a question and it was at this point that Yuichi realized he was still wearing his green jacket. His Obelisk Blue one was in his bag, as he found it to be less comfortable than his green one.

"Ah, no. Your spirit is interesting, I don't mind. Thank you for the explanation. As for my dorm, I'm Obelisk Blue. And..."

Yuichi frowned as he stared at Virgil. He put a finger to his chin as he thought. Something was off about the duelist in front of him. Yuichi couldn't tell if it was a bad thing or good thing at this point. Trying to figure it out, Yuichi asked him a question.

"Have we met somewhere before?"[/fieldbox]

Reactions: Cush Almighty
"Ah, no. Your spirit is interesting, I don't mind. Thank you for the explanation. As for my dorm, I'm Obelisk Blue. And..."

"Don't go saying things like that, might make his head even bigger." He responded. Virgil found it interesting that he was talking to an Obelisk Blue. It made him think either this guy was a pretty good duelist or a rich kid with connections. He had heard rumors about the Blue at Duel Academy and that they were rich snobs who thought they ruled the place. Yuichi didn't come off like he thought a Blue would, but only time would tell.

Virgil took notice of the puzzled look on Yuichi's face. He looked like he was trying to figure him out.
"Have we met somewhere before?"

This question caught Virgil off guard. He's never seen this guy once before in his life.
"Maybe you've seen me in some pictures on the web or something. My parents are a C-list dueling celebrity couple believe it or not. I've lived in America all my life actually, this is the first time I've been so far from home." Lucius finally wiggled out of Virgil grip and landed boot first on the floor.

"Freedom!" He said with his hands raised. He then looked up to Yuichi with his glowing red eyes and spoke. "You might have seen us at the Exam where I scored the final blow against the examiner. He should have awarded Virgil the Obelisk Blue, but I think the examiner was just being bitter and put us in crummy yellow."

"I really couldn't care what ranking I received Lucius...well maybe except Slifer Red of course.
" Virgil wasn't trying to talk negatively about Red's, but the truth was that they were the lowest on the food chain and that wasn't good. " Sorry Yuichi, I'm positive I've never seen you before in my life."

Last edited:
[fieldbox="Anthony Carlisle, Cyan, dotted"]

GzhMYtl.png

Anthony had woken up early the morning of his exam and went over his deck thoroughly making sure he had everything he needed. Looking over his original Kaibacorp duel disk that was a birthday gift a couple of years ago. Leaving it on the wall of his room where he knew it remain. He knew he would not need it where he was going and he only had a bit of time to get ready before he needed to be on his way towards where the open written exams were taking place. Luckily it was not too far of a walk and Anthony usually gave himself more time than he needed.

Walking alongside the busy streets until he passed a small empty independent game shop and what looked to be a man dressed as a card he recognized staring directly at him. It only took him a moment to realize the man was dressed as The Lord of D. Blinking a few times Anthony soon saw the man vanish away into the air and a soft warmth pressed against his side through his bag that carried a few things such as a few binders of other cards and his Scale which he had to admit was not the easiest thing to carry around but besides photos was the real keepsake he had from his mother.

His interest now peeked he walked towards the game shop where a man seemed to be sweeping and only had a few dozen packs or boxes of cards left on his near empty shelves. The store owner seemed friendly enough and gave him a smile as he leaned on his broom. "Ah heading to the Academy? You still have quite a bit of time it would seem. I hope you are not trying to put together a deck so last minute as unfortunately I don't think I have the supply to really assist you. But feel free to look around. I have great deals as I am closing the shop here in about two weeks." the man said with a hint of sadness.

"O I see...I would think this place would be thriving around this time. But I'd love to see what you have and you don't need to make any kind of deal for me I'll gladly pay at whatever price you have the cards listed should you have anything left. I have a dragon deck myself that I would love to have one last lift to." Anthony said as he began to look along the shelves. The shopkeeper rubbing his chin in thought before Anthony walked to the counter with a copy of Dragon Ravine and three Keepers of the Shrine. "These Keepers would help out greatly! I have never seen these cards before and a second copy of Dragon Ravine would be great. Have any suggestions maybe?" He asked kindly as he was always open to advice and maybe he did not look so thoroughly.

The man stood for a moment before grinning and walking into the back room for a moment and returning with a single glass protected card. "I think...this will help you greatly." He winked turning over the card slowly on the counter. "Go ahead and look at it" He said before he lifted it up and saw an unbelievable sight. "A Blue-Eyes White Dragon? There is no way..these are so incredibly rare..I could not possibly." He said before the kind store owner raised his hand. "Consider it a gift and a token of good faith or luck to entering the academy. Don't worry about the other cards. I am sure they will help you just as much." He said before walking back over and continuing to sweep without a word. Anthony was about to protest but suddenly his phone rang and he read an announcement saying that the exams were moved back and thus limiting his time to get there as he put the cards carefully within his deck and ran towards the exam location.

~After the Written Exam~

The written portion gave Anthony little worry in fact he was surprised he didn't ace it after the little bit of studying he did. He NEVER studied but it was important enough to him to put the effort in. After receiving a 95 he was given his duel disk and led to where his Exam Duel would be taken. Sitting on the bleachers as he watched the other duelists and looked in awe over his new addition. Looking up over to the current duels going on before he once again saw the Lord of D staring at him from the ground below. Was it someone's card this time?... He brushed his eyes and once again it vanished. Before he had time to question or think on the matter his name was called and he stood suddenly a bit nervous as he made his way down to his examiner.

"Anthony Carlisle. I will be your examiner today. Please activate your Duel Disk." The male examiner said while also motioning to the location of the button that would do so. Anthony looked over his new Disk and pressed the button where his disk extended and activated followed by a red glow lighting up at the center. "Yes Sir." He said before both Duelists placed their deck into the deck slot after shuffling their decks thoroughly. His first hand consisted of only two monsters which was enough for a good enough start. "Ill play one monster face down as well as set one face down." Anthony said as he set a Dragon dwelling in the Cave down on the field with 2000 Defense points and a Mirror Force that he would hold onto. His examiner seemed to be more observant than talkative and played an Elemental Hero deck quickly destroying his monster without Anthony triggering his trap. Next Anthony drew and repeated the process with an Elder of the Shrine which in the graveyard on yielded more defense for him due to his effect. As the Duel went on he would destroy a powerful line of the examiners monsters with his mirror force as well as activate Dragon's mirror to bring out his First of the Dragons [2700 Attack] as well as securing his advantage and dealing damage directly to the examiner. Thinking he had this duel in the bag suddenly the examiner played Miracle fusion and played Elemental Hero Plasma Vice [2600/2300]. As well as buffed his monsters attack to 2900. Anthony had no choice but to switch his monster into defense mode which thankfully due to his effect could not be destroyed by any effect monster. His monster protecting him for two turns until he drew Raigeki and demolished his monster and secured the win for the duel.

The Examiner seemed only a bit surprised as he wrote down a few notes. "You will be informed later about your ranking after your admission is accepted."

Now on the Ferry and looking out over the waves as he was proud of himself in the fact of at least getting Ranked into Ra Yellow. He knew if he kept on like this Obelisk Blue should not be far out of his reach. He could hear others talking along the boat around him and briefly turned to look at them before he noticed several monster like beings around them all. He had enough of his little visions and delusions today and gripped his stomach hopping he was not getting sea sick...
[/fieldbox]

(Apologize for the Vagueness and lack of detail for the duel as my replay did not save :( )

Reactions: Cush Almighty
[fieldbox= Virgil Bowmen & Yuichi Nakamura, silver, solid]
BAeRCdJ.png
YwVk138.png

“Maybe you have seen me in some pictures on the web or something. My parents are a C-list dueling celebrity couple believe it or not. I've lived in America all my life actually, this is the first time I've been so far from home."

After hearing this, Yuichi was about to respond before Lucius butted in with Virgil adding in a few more comments. When it seemed like the two were done, Yuichi opened his mouth.

“I see… That is probably it. The web…”

In truth, Yuichi didn’t believe that, but once again said that to be polite.

“And sorry Lucius. I didn’t get to see the duel. And thank you Virgil, you’re probably right.”

Yuichi himself was more inclined to believe this was their first meeting; Virgil’s appearance was exotic around these parts. While it wasn’t rare for foreigners to end up at southern Japan’s Duel Academy, duelists like Virgil weren’t common either. For Yuichi to be able to forget such a face would be quite an achievement.

(“But what’s this feeling? Feels like when I saw that green girl earlier... Mayb-”)

“Oh, if it isn’t Yuichi-sama! I’ve been looking for you all over!”
“Ah, is that him Isaka?”

Yuichi’s thoughts were interrupted by two new voices. He turned around to see two boys around his age dressed in Obelisk Blue uniforms. One was wearing glasses and seemed quite pudgy while the other one looked overly slim. Yuichi tried to place their faces and remembered that they were the boys who made fun of that girl at the exam.

“Of course it’s him idiot! Now greet him properly you’re embarrassing me!”
“Sorry Isaka. And hello Yuichi-sama. This lowly one is Mukouda.”

Mukouda bowed deeply, shocking Yuichi. He waved his hands in a panic.

“Uhh, there’s no need for that. Do you have some business with me…?”
“Yuichi-sama, I humbly request you step away from that outsider. We Japanese must stick together and shouldn’t associate with such…”

Isaka looked at Virgil with eyes like he was looking at a cockroach covered in dung. Virgil caught his look and shot the same look back at him. (“Who’s this pompous punk?”) Virgil thought.

“People. And he’s a Ra Yellow at that. Undoubtedly he got preferential treatment because of his outsider status. His duel was quite meager; imagine my surprise when I hear he’s a Ra Yellow!”
“Meager?” Virgil responded.

Isaka shrugged his shoulders and sighed, ignoring Virgil.

“Now you on the other hand, what a marvelous duel! I can only count my blessings that I bared witness to it! Such decisive play! And how quick you defeated your opponent! Just too many things to say!”

Isaka then grabbed Yuichi by the arm, a smile on his face.

“Now come along. I know quite a few who would love to meet you. Come along Muk don't just stand there.”

Isaka shot Virgil a glare full of hate then attempted to drag Yuichi along. Yuichi brushed off Isaka’s grip, to the latter’s surprise.

“What exactly, is wrong with Virgil?”

Isaka scoffed.

“Yuichi-sama, look at him. Not a Japanese, that appearance of a delinquent with that hair, and shoddy dueling skills!”

“Oh so you’re not only a stuck up dick, but a bigot at that. Bravo scumbag.” He shot back clapping his hands. He turned his attention back to Yuichi and gave a befuddled look. “Yuichi, is this really the type of people you associate with?” he asked.

Yuichi shook his head then addressed Isaka.

“Is that it?”

Isaka gasped.

“Yuichi-sama, that is not it. It’s ALL the justification one needs!”

Yuichi sighed then placed a hand on his head. He muttered.

“Oh boy, I heard some rumors of Obelisk Blue being like this… Unbelievable.”
“Yuichi-sama?”

Yuichi looked at Isaka with a clear look of displeasure.

“Isaka, was it? I’m sorry but it looks like I won’t be able to get along with you.”

He turned his back on Isaka to return his gaze to Virgil.

“Sorry about that interruption. What were we talking about?”

Virgil smiled at Yuichi disregard for Isaka. “Turn around Yuichi, The guy's head has turned red like he’s ate a bowl of hot peppers,” he chuckled while pointing at Isaka.

Isaka was fuming. Yuichi turned around to see Isaka’s face just as Virgil described.

“You… You… Yuichi-sama! I can’t accept this! We are the elites! How could you-“
“Isaka…!”

Mukouda, who had been silent up to this point interrupted.

“How dare you interrupt me! You fat slob!”
“Isaka, we’re gathering a crowd…”

Isaka looked around. It seemed that Mukouda’s words were accurate.

“Grr…”

Isaka stomped his feet in anger, but stopped as if he realized something.

“A duel. I challenge you to a duel, Yuichi Nakamura.”

Yuichi waited for Isaka to continue, but realizing he wasn’t, Yuichi uttered,

“State your terms.”
“If I win then you must cease relations with that nonnative.”

Yuichi raised an eyebrow.

(“What is this guy?”)

“And if I win?”
“You may continue to consort with that.”

“That? Oh I’ll be happy to wipe the floor with you! Just because you’re blue doesn’t mean you can disrespect Ra’s and Slifer’s!” He shouted. Virgil was starting to lose his cool. He didn’t like being talked down to and being dehumanized especially in front of a crowd; it wasn’t going to be tolerated.

Yuichi slowly smirked while Isaka glared at Virgil before looking back at Yuichi. Yuichi noted Isaka’s lack of response.

(“Does this Isaka discriminate so much that he won’t even address Virgil? How revolting…”)

Yuichi let out another sigh before he responded.

“I refuse.”

“What?!” Isaka growled. “Ah, I misjudged you Yuichi-sama. I didn’t take you to be a coward.”

Ignoring Isaka’s outburst, Yuichi continued.

“I don’t mind dueling you.”
“Then…?”
“Your terms aren’t acceptable. There’s nothing to gain for me if I win, since whether I associate with Virgil or not isn’t up to me alone. It’s not a one-way deal.”
“What…?”

Yuichi shook his head and sighed again.

“If you don’t understand after this much, I’m not sure wha-“
“Ha! Coward! Well I’ll let you go for now Nakamura! And that yellow with the audacity to challenge me to a duel? I won’t forget this!”

After blurting that out as fast as he could, Isaka made his retreat with Mukouda. Yuichi shook his head then turned to Virgil as the crowd of onlookers dwindled.

“What a character. Sorry that you got involved because of me. Well then…”

Yuichi lightly bowed then made to leave, not wanting to trouble Virgil any further. But just then, Virgil reached out to Yuichi as he tried to make his leave and place his hand on his shoulder.

“Hey Yuichi, if those elites give you any trouble give me a call. Just take my down my contact on PDA and hit me up when you need me.”

Virgil took his hand off his shoulder and pulled out his PDA. “Here’s my email.”

Yuichi paused, then looked at the PDA.

“Ah, thank you. You as well. If they bother you please tell me as well.”

He exchanged information with Virgil. After that was settled, he returned the devices to his pockets.

“Well then, I’ll be off. Goodbye Virgil and…”

Yuichi looked at Lucius with a knowing smile. He didn’t address Lucius directly like before, since there were still a few curious bystanders observing; he wasn’t sure if Virgil wanted to bring attention to Lucius or not and as such opted for the safe option.[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Alec Kerrigan, red, solid, 12, book antiqua]
"Hey, any information is good information! I might have that card in my collection, although I'll have to check. As for what it does, if I remember correctly, it prevents either player from activating Spell Cards unless they have a spellcaster-type monster on their side of the field."

Soon enough, the ferryboat's captain beginning to speak on the ship-wide loudspeakers in a low, relaxing tenor. "Attention passengers, if you look out the starboard windows you will see Duel Academy Central on the horizon, your new home-away-from-home! We'll be docking in about fifteen minutes, after which you will be escorted in the campus shuttles to the main building for the new student assembly! Once that's all over, you'll be making your new dorms for your dorm banquets!"

When they arrived, Alec slung his duffel onto his side and his backpack on his back as he popped his neck. Alec looked to his new friend, promising to meet up with her when it came time for the Slifer Red banquet. Their bags were all tagged as, when they departed the ferry, they were put into a trailer and taken to their dorm rooms. Meanwhile, Alec- temporarily separated from his new friend, boarded the first bus, sitting towards the front of the section he was in. After the freshmen filled up their portion of the duel arena/auditorium. Soon enough, a tall man with a black academy blazer along with a longsleeve button-down shirt and tie with khakis and dress shoes. His remaining hair was black with strands of grey, the man slightly taller than average as he spoke up in an authoritative bass. While six other individuals were sitting, three on each side.

"Welcome, freshmen, to Duel Academy! I am Chancellor Ichiro Kagemaru, the headmaster her at Duel Academy Central! Sitting to my right are Professor Isaac Takeda, Doctor Jean-Luc Phillips, and our school nurse Professor Midori Otohime, the resident faculty heads for the Obelisk Blue, Ra Yellow, and Slifer Red dorms, respectively. To my left are Xavier Gillard of Obelisk Blue, Elise Bernard of Ra Yellow, and Koyo Hibiki of Slifer Red. These three fourth-year students are the three best duelist in all of Duel Academy and are the student dorm leaders at Duel Academy. They, with your resident faculty, will escort you to your dorms for your welcoming banquets! Now, here at Duel Academy we host a tournament every semester open to students from all five of our academies as well as our subsidiary Duel Prep. As freshmen, you have the privilege of being the being the first to know that this semester's tournament will be a tag-team tournament! Those students who are deemed academically viable by their instructors and choose to sign up will be matched with a random partner, who can be from any of the dorms on campus!" After this, some of the other faculty spoke, eventually giving the microphone back to the chancellor. "Now, when you return to the dorms, you and your student resident advisors will get you your luggage and settled into your rooms. Then, make sure to be in your dorm's dining hall at eight! I wish you all a good evening and the best of luck in your first year here are Duel Academy!"

After that, Alec soon followed the red mob back to the Slifer Red dorm, eventually settling into his single room and unpacking his belongings.
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
[fieldbox="Anthony Carlisle, cyan, dotted"]

au1Wl9T.png

Anthony had taken the rest of the boat ride to keep to his thoughts and looking over the waters they passed and onto the Academy itself as it came into view. Thinking back to his duel he knew there was maybe a mistake or two more he could have avoided and maybe done more in his examiners eyes but knew that he had many things to learn here as was the point of the very Academy. Turning back as they docked and were led away from the boat he had his bag in hand and went on his way feeling a bit uneasy as if there were someone or even multiple others watching him or simply nearby but took it as his nerves and bits of excitement. Putting his duffel of clothing and a few of his belongings outside of his deck and duel disk of course into the trailer. His Scale and a few other on hand items were still in the backpack he carried.

Listening to the Chancellor the news of a tournament especially a tag team duel interested him greatly. Never once before doing a duel alongside someone else in which both duelists would rely on each others strategies and teamwork to become a victor. He immediatly was interested and planned to make sure he was eligible to become a participant. Also looking over the class leaders with determination as he was excited to see their own decks and skills as much as he was excited to eventually beat them someday.

Looking around the others who were listening to the same informative speech he wondered if he would encounter or perhaps be paired up with any of them. As he looked his eyes seemed to continue to mess with him as he swore he saw a little demon like monster hover around one of the students while also seeing a... Dark Magician?.. One again blinking a bit as the 'hallucinations' disappeared. At least he now knew who the nurse was and he could maybe get checked on later if this kept on.

Anthony then set his watch alarm to 7:30 to make sure he had plenty of time to reach the dining hall and began to walk alongside the other Ra Yellows heading out to the dorms.​
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
"Ah, is that how it is," Yulice commented plainly, the conversation petering out. Going back to her PDA, she sent a lazy Thanks! to her brother before slouching down against one of the seats, not bothering to actually sit within it. They'd probably be there soon enough anyway...

---

After a lazy session of travel, Yulice was feeling a strange, creeping anxiety as she saw the Academy tower...or perhaps it was dread. Regardless, she found herself stepping into the auditorium, sticking to some of the other first year Slifer Reds. As she got closer to their seating, a few curious eyes led her own vision to the stage, where she saw a sight that made her blurt out a displeased, "Geh."

There he was, Xavier, in his blue jacket, standing in front of his designated seat, grabbing the attention of some sitting nearby and several below the stage. His eyes were hard to see beyond the folds of turquoise bangs over his forehead, lazily brushed aside, as was the rest of his medium length hair. Most attention grabbing of all, however, was his doofy smile and his arm, vigorously waving in Yulice's direction. The feeling of dread she'd been expecting for some reason truly made itself known, her eyes glazing over at her brother's inability to read the mood and keep his shit together. Since finding a hole to crawl in and die wasn't an option, she grimaced, expecting Xavier to take it as a smile at this distance, before meekly raising her hand in front of her chest and briefly waving it as if it were a limp fish. Satisfied, he beamed, before returning to his seat with a glow of happiness about him, those who'd been paying attention a bit baffled by his antics. Yulice, however, took a seat, suddenly drained. She hadn't been in the same school as Xavier since Elementary, and only now was she realizing why that had been for the best. Back then it had been cute when he rushed to her side after she was released from class, but now? Yulice felt her face warm with embarrassment as she imagined it. Her social life would be dead before she took her first class...

---

By the end of the orientation, as the students began to make their way off, Yulice was already drained, her mind having gone wild with possibility as she sat. She'd heard enough to know that she was basically free all day, but that meant all the students were. Looking up, she Xavier pushing his way backstage. Not wanting to be seen with him in a public place, she hopped to her feet faster than she thought possible, before hurrying off, glad for her shortness as she slipped among a large crowd of Slifers heading...somewhere. Yulice had no idea where anything was. As they got out of the auditorium, she was starting to breath a sigh of relief, though as the school grounds stretched out before her once again, she was a bit overwhelmed, praying that the mob movement would help her in the meantime.

And just when she though she was safe, a pair of arms found her, forcing her to let out an uncharacteristic squeal of surprise.

"There you are!" Xavier cried, arms wrapped around Yulice, keeping her pinned.

"Uungh."

"Did you see me on stage? I saw you! Did I look cool?"

"Uuuuuungh."

"You look super cute in your uniform! The red goes better with your hair than any of the other unforms would have. Uh, not that I don't want to see you fly through the ranks."

"Why are you like this..."

Moving one arm around her shoulder and punching his other first in the air, he shouted, "I'll get you tutored up in no time!"

Yulice still hung limply in his arms, but it was too late, people were already staring. "Can you...not?"

"Hmm?"

Slipping from his arm and taking a step away, Yulice stated, "I'm fine." Xavier stopped, a bit stunned, before Yulice said, "I'll find you later...maybe."

Xavier scratched the back of his head, before calling, "Okay! After the banquets then! I'll message you." Yulice gave a passing wave, before following the mob of Slifers at a fair distance. She could only pray she nipped that one in the bud...

---

A little bit later, she found herself at the Slifer Red dorm. Cringing at its cheap appearance, as if it were a budget apartment complex, she had to admit, she wasn't sure what she was expecting. Taking brief stock of the cafeteria and a couple bathrooms, she found the door to her room, wincing as she saw another name. Thinking back to her conversation with what's-his-face on the ferry, she had been convinced that she'd be rooming along, but it looked like that wasn't the case. Prying open the door, she hoped for the best but assumed the worst.

Sabrina Tokura, the name etched into the name plate outside of the room, belonged to a young woman, sitting on her bunk. In her hand was a small book opened about a quarter of the way through, her amber colored eyes scanning the pages with a diligence seldom seen. The cover showed a woman adorned in a ghostly white kimono, and a young man taking a knee before her, flowery patterns around the borders of the cover. The words on the cover read "Princess Sun and Prince Moon." Her fingertips darted to the corner of the page, turning it to some sort of invisible rhythm. With a faint groan, Sabrina turned so she was lying on her stomach, her feet held up over her bunk as she held the book in front of her, favoring the more comfortable position. Even while reading, the girl's mind managed to wander briefly toward the assembly introducing the new students this year. Even though she had been around since last year, much of the events here seemed new. Of course, part of that was due to her fairly reclusive nature. The faint sound of footsteps reached her eyes, causing Sabrina's gaze to slightly shift from the book to the door to her left. A good twelve feet of floor and a door separated her from the sound, and the steps stopped at the door. The young woman carefully closed the book, placing her bookmark to ensure she didn't lose her place as she stood upright, holding it at her side while approaching the door.

Sabrina had barely reached the door when it began to open, revealing another young woman with a seemingly far-off expression, the kind that signified a wandering mind far more than anything else. She met the girl's eyes, a smiled slightly, her eyes narrowing in a polite and placating expression.

"Hello. You must be my new roommate. It's nice to meet you."

Sabrina's voice was soft and refined, as though each word had been practiced and perfected before being said a dozen times over. While she was smiling, it was undoubtedly reserved, and the girl she was speaking with would likely be able to pick up on it. Sabrina wasn't the most trusting of people, and didn't exactly value groups at all, but, it wouldn't prevent her from being polite and trying to make a decent first impression. She took a couple steps back, extending her hand to let the new girl in, the book still at her side but now more visible.

"My name is Sabrina Tokura. Come on in and make yourself at home."

Sabrina_zpsijuqq2ec.png

au1Wl9T.png

After receiving his room key Anthony went up inside the Ra Yellow dorms and followed down one of the halls to his own dorm. Pushing open into a nice semi spacious room that held its own small kitchen, two bedrooms and a small common area in between as well as a nice full bathroom. Looking around he set his bag on the kitchen counter and saw no one else had their stuff delivered yet meaning he was possibly the only one to have this room or for some reason his dorm mate's belongings had yet to arrive. Choosing the bedroom on the right where his stuff was already waiting he began to organize his clothes and other belongings as well as his laptop that he set on the small desk. Sending a quick email to his parents as they were likely to appreciate a more personal message over their preferred method of messaging.

As for his bag Anthony pondered over it. Should he leave it alone in his closet perhaps? Every time he thought about such a decision a strange sense simply made him uncomfortable with parting from a certain member of its contents. He could carry it around but would stand out a bit for sure. Putting his duel disk back over his wrist and taking out his deck for a moment Anthony looked over his new Blue-Eyes in aww. For him to simply be given such a card was incredible. Printed in such a limited number he never thought anyone but the powerful CEO of Kaiba-Corp would ever possess such a rarity. Putting the card back into his deck and then into the deck box at his waist Anthony decided to enjoy his time and roam the Academy grounds as much as he could before the welcoming banquet.

Even as he thought he had placed his bag in the closet, the Ra Yellow duelist had his bag over his shoulders with the now only contents of which held his mysterious scale. Locking the door behind him and smiling at a few other Yellow's that passed him as he made his way out towards the main building. Wanting to get a look at the famous dueling arenas of the Academy as well as where some of his classes were sure to be held. The halls were already crowded with students of all classes and it seems a few of the dueling arenas were already being used. Briefly wondering about the attention his new card would bring as he walked he almost missed what seemed to be the Academies card shop. Yet to truly buzz with activity as he assumed most were at least content with their current decks until they saw what lay waiting for them in the other duelists. Even in the moment of passing the arenas he knew this school was not a joke and no matter how skilled of a local duelist he was Anthony would not let himself get overconfident.

Stepping into the shop alongside a few other students he began to look over the much more vast and expansive collection while hearing bickering towards the back of the store. Trying not to intrude he could not help himself overhear and oversee a group of Obelisk Blue's surrounding a young woman who was not wearing a school uniform. Was she even a student?

"Why are you even here? All you are doing is taking up space and taking free cards from your old man. I mean if you wanted to be useful or make a few friends why not get some of us Obelisk's a few sets of free cards? We all come from good backgrounds and are plenty connected. Hell maybe that way you may be able to get into the school someday. I mean you need talent or connections and no one here has seen either from you." Two members of the group spoke out to the girl immediatly getting Anthony's attention. Stepping against a Blue or a group in this case was not his first idea but no one should be treated like that. Obelisk's were supposed to be the example at this school and knew in any place you would find a few that strayed from the path.

Stepping towards them he saw they all as well had their duel disks on them and sparked an idea. "Hey now guys. You can earn or buy cards just like the rest of us will have to. I thought Obelisk's would be the last ones trying to find a few shortcuts. Besides for all you know she could be a better duelist than the three of you put together. I am sure she has plenty of tricks of her own, being the daughter of the school's card dealer." Anthony spoke boldly. His only motive was to stop this pointless confrontation. His gaze moving over each of them in turn and landing lastly on the member behind the two loud mouth duelists that had yet to speak.

[/fieldbox]

The day had been slow at The Academy Card Shop, which wasn't surprising at all, considering that today was the day that all of the new arrivals showed up. Which meant that while today was usually the slowest day of the year, tomorrow would be one of the busiest. A bespectacled man stood behind the counter, running a hand through his light rust-colored hair as he set out a couple of fresh booster boxes for the students to purchase. A faint smile crossed his lips as he glanced over at the young woman leaning against the counter, her phone raised and her thumbs darting across the screen in a rapid yet focused pace. Unfortunately, the pleasantness of the day was just bound to end. Three students came in, adorned in dark blue jackets. The young woman glanced up at them as they came in, rolling her eyes before moving back around the counter. Putting on a smile, she slipped her phone into her pocket, setting her phone on the counter.

"Hey, guys. Welcome to the Academy Shop. How can we help you today?"

The conversation started out well, until they began requesting she duel them. Upon her refusing, they became rude and aggressive, beginning to insult her.

"Look, just because I am here at Duel Academy, doesn't mean am a dueling maniac like all of you guys. I have better things to do than play card games."

The banter continued, until a young man, and apparently a Ra Yellow, stepped in, challenging the group. It was nice of him to get involved, but, she certainly didn't need the help. It wasn't entirely uncommon for people to give her a hard time. Still, it was nice to meet someone who was actually willing stand up for someone.

The boy in the back of the group spoke up, scoffing as he took a step forward.

"Oh, please. You're just a yellow belly. You don't even have the right to speak in my presence. Besides, this girl doesn't deserve it. She's stuck up and refuses to duel with us, or even spend time with me outside of that. All that aside, if you're here, you should be a duelist. Do you even know who I am? I'm Gin Suzukamori of the Suzukamori Family. Why don't you just leave, before you step into something you can't handle?"

Opening the door to the amber eyed Sabrina, Yulice was immediately put on guard: was she...standing there waiting...the whole time? No, that would be weird and creepy. And Yulice wouldn't want to be rooming with a weird and creepy dorm-mate...

Stepping in, she bowed her head lightly. "Hello." After a moment of contemplation, she mentioned, "Ah, I'm Yulice Gilliard." There was yet another awkward pause before she concluded, "It's a pleasure."

Stepping in, she saw her trunk at the foot of the lower bunk bed on the ground, eyes briefly flashing up to the top, though she had no idea if either were taken yet, but there did seem to be two dressers. Letting out a heavy sigh she headed over, zipping it open, only for the gold eye of her gaudy Millennium Ring to stare at her through the opening. Slowly closing the flap, she stared for a moment, before slouching back as she decided to do it later. Glancing back up at Sabrina, she wondered, "Which bunk is yours? I'm not picky." I wouldn't mind the top though... I like high places, she thought to herself.

Last edited:

WufeG0J.png

Yuichi spent the rest of the trip socializing with Slifer Reds and Ra Yellows. Apparently the scene from before spread quickly and made him a small sort of celebrity. Unfortunately, it seemed to have lowered his appeal among Obelisk Blues. Yuichi wasn’t all too bothered by that, as he didn’t want to be surrounded by those sorts of elitist people in the first place. And Obelisk Blue was surely not a monolith; exceptions like him would surely exist and want to interact with him.

As the loudspeakers spoke, Yuichi asked the people around him to leave him be for the few minutes it took to get to the academy. He took this time to organize his thoughts and look at the sea. Before the full fifteen minutes were up, Yuichi took the time to change out of his green jacket into his Obelisk Blue one, transferring his possessions in the process.

[Duel Academy Auditorium]

After getting his luggage, Yuichi boarded a bus and made his way to the auditorium. He saw an Obelisk Blue on the stage with his turquoise hair waving vigorously in his direction. As he never saw that person before in his life, Yuichi assumed it was directed towards someone else. Someone behind him squealed.

“Ah, Xavier-sama! Yes yes yes! Wave to me more!”
“Bird-brained woman! He was obviously waving to me!”
“What?! The nerve of…”

Yuichi took a glance back at the women and then filtered the chatter from his mind, hoping that they would stop soon. After a few moments the male teenager seemed satisfied and sat down, to Yuichi’s relief. Before Yuichi could think more about what just occurred, the headmaster spoke. When he introduced the dorm leaders, Yuichi thought.

(“Best students? That unprofessional Blue is the best student in the academy? Weren’t they supposed to advance to Blue if they improved? Why are they in Red and Yellow?”)

Yuichi put that thought aside as the headmaster spoke about a tournament. At first he was interested, but that interest immediately vanished as the headmaster elaborated.

(“A tag-team tournament? Idiotic. A ‘random’ partner too? What is even the point of this? I suppose if it’s to raise funds for potential sponsors then it makes sense. But from a competitive perspective this is a vacuous idea. The man doesn’t even mention the prizes or the date. Well, I shouldn’t have expected much from this headmaster that condones this classist system. Dumb Kaiba.”)

Yuichi expressed his dissatisfaction in his mind as the other faculty members talked.

When the orientation finished, Yuichi walked out as he was greeted by a few of the acquaintances he made during the ferry trip. A loud voice caught his attention.

“-aw you! Did I look cool?”

It was the Obelisk Blue dorm leader, Xavier, hugging a Slifer Red girl.

(“Oh, that girl…”)
“Grr…”

Yuichi heard a low murderous growl coming from behind him. When he turned to look, he was unsurprised to see that the source were the same girls from earlier. One was clenching the center of a handkerchief in her teeth, gripping the rest of it in her hands, and stretching it tightly as tears fell from her eyes.

“Who is that harlot with Xavier-sama? I won’t stand for this!”
“I as well! A mere Slifer Slacker to be embraced by those warm and strong arms…! It is unforgivable! Unbearable!”

Yuichi felt uncomfortable as the girls shot daggers at the Slifer Red girl, but was impressed how one angered girl’s speech still came out audible despite the handkerchief in the way. Eventualy Xavier and the Slifer Red girl parted ways, leaving Yuichi alone to his thoughts.

(“What a character. The girl is clearly uncomfortable by his actions and he either doesn’t have the sense to stop or he has the gall to ignore it. He is supposed to be a dorm leader and set an example, but is instead acting like a lovestruck child.”)

Yuichi shook his head in disappointment as he made his way to the Obelisk Blue dorm.

[October 13th, Obelisk Blue Boys' Dorm]

Yuichi stood and stared fixedly at the structure.

(“This is… Extravagant!”)

After being in awe for a while at the lavish appearance, Yuichi made his way in and made note of several points of interest before putting his luggage in his room. Seeing that he still had time before the banquet, he decided to explore the academy grounds.

[October 13th, Duel Academy Card Shop]

He eventually made his way to the card shop, where he witnessed a scene unfolding before him.

“-just a yellow belly. You don't even have the right to speak in my presence. Besides, this girl doesn't deserve it. She's stuck up and refuses to duel with us, or even spend time with me outside of that. All that aside, if you're here, you should be a duelist. Do you even know who I am? I'm Gin Suzukamori of the Suzukamori Family. Why don't you just leave, before you step into something you can't handle?”

Though Yuichi was aware he was missing some context, the Blues before him seemed similar to the Mukouda and Isaka pair he encountered before.

(“Hmm…”)

Yuichi with a neutral expression on his face, waited to see what the Ra Yellow student would do. He felt a strange connection to him, just like he did with Virgil and those two girls from earlier.[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Sabrina Tokura, red, solid]
Sabrina%20Eye%20Shot_zpswp7ulmhf.jpg

Sabrina found the girl to be a little...off. But, she pegged that up to an anti-social nature and serious attitude. Of course, the young woman couldn't talk much, since she herself was the type of person who preferred to be alone most of the time. Still, she kept her smile, watching her new roommate walk over to the bunks. Sabrina took a few steps over towards the bunks, dropping her book onto the lower bunk, resting her hands on her hips as she looked off to the side non-chalantly.

"I'll take the bottom bunk, so you can have the top bunk, Yulice. I figure you for the type that prefers to be on top. I hope you're liking your stay here so far. Had any decent duels since you arrived?"

Sabrina wasn't typically one for conversation, but, she figured with the way Yulice seemed, they weren't going to be talking a whole lot. So, it only made sense to try and establish at least a little bit of a dialogue and connection. They were going to be rooming together for a year or so.

"Oh, and I know having a roommate sucks when you just want to be alone. If you ever need your space, just let me know and I'll go off and do something. I know how that is."
[/fieldbox]​

[fieldbox=Alec Kerrigan, red, solid, 12, book antiqua]
Alec had decorated his room somewhat quickly. His old Battle City Duel Disk and his personal toolkit were on the second desk in his room, along with miscellaneous tools and items in its drawers. Alec locked his collection of Duel Monster cards away in his larger desk drawer, otherwise putting away the remainder of his things including his textbooks and electronics. After unpacking the remainder of his belongings and seeing that the kitchenette came stocked with equipment but not food in the pantry or the minifridge, Alec made his bed and chose to lay down for a while.

Later, as he was setting up his computer, Alec found himself hearing a loud meow behind him. Spinning around in his chair, he saw a large, fat cat resting and yawning on his bed. Walking over and petting him, the cat lept into the boy's arms, pawing at the Millennium Key for a little bit before falling half asleep. "Well, you don't have a collar... I'm willing to bet you belong to one of the guys in this dorm. I can probably find your owner at the banquet." He then looked to the clock sighing. "Which is about start! Come on, big guy, let's head downstairs."
[/fieldbox]

au1Wl9T.png

Mentions/Interactions @Illin @The Dapper Mog

Giving a small smile but also feeling a bit of anger for the sheer nasty ego from the duelist before him. Anthony's bag still at his back and could feel the object within press against his body it was almost as if he could feel the dark selfish nature eminating from the man and could read almost clearly beyond that of the few actions he had already displayed.

Anthony did not want to further antagonize anyone especially on his first day here but he could already barely stand the one before him and these feelings about his true nature only worsening his attitude. "Am I supposed to know you just because of the blue color you wear? Sorry I have never heard of you. Maybe perhaps her reason is that you are simply not worth dueling. You are supposed to be a leader not some bully or tyrant that just picks on everyone for simply not wearing your class rank." He said boldy while raising and motioning with his arm a a bit. "And I think I can handle plenty. How about my first duel at this acedemy hmm? If I win you simply leave her alone and try to do the same for others of this school." Anthony said feeling a warmth from his bag similar to before during the day.

Another sensation puzzled him and he felt as if someone was watching him. Looking only out of the corner of his eye he say another student. Another Obelisk watching over him. Curious if he was one of Gin's goons or not it but strangely like a few moments ago it was like he could barely sense his true intentions but a bit more clouded. Turning his attention back to Gin. "So. What do you say?"

[/fieldbox]

The Obelisk Blue student rose a brow, suppressing a grin as he chuckled to himself, taking a step forward from behind the two boys whom were with him.

"What's that? The yellow belly wants to throw down? Please. You just got here, so I'll let the stupidity of what you just did there slide. You can't challenge me, I'm in the top percentage of duelists on the island. I'm unofficially in the top ten of all duelists here. You? No one even knows who you are, kid. If you know what's good for you, you'll just back off and mind your own business."

While the girl herself seemed only mildly annoyed, the involvement of a third party was only serving to worry her. She glanced to the Ra Yellow, giving him a reassuring smile before speaking in a placating voice;

"Hey, don't worry yourself over these losers. They just want the attention because they know a girl wouldn't give them a moment of their time outside of the card games played here."

Her voice and expression both changed tone during the statement, changing from polite to obviously annoyed and blatantly rude. She didn't care if he had a problem, but, she would prefer her problem not become his. Especially since she didn't even know him.

The blue student actually laughed for a few seconds before shrugging in an exaggerated fashion.

"Hey, now. No need to be so rude. If the chump wants to duel, I'll duel. But, only on the condition that if, I win...ha, when I win, you agree to come and tutor me after class."

The young woman was taken aback by the sudden, and rather forward, challenge the blue presented. Was he crazy?! Why would she go for that?! She didn't know if this kid was any good or not. Then again, she really wanted to put this arrogant little jerk in his place.

"Counter-counter offer. If he beats you, you have to come into the shop five days a week and work by organizing and unpacking product, without pay, for a month! And if he loses, I'll personally hand deliver you a free pack of cards every day for a month. Sound fair?"

Gin's eyes lit up and he threw his head back, laughing uproariously before shaking his head, leaning forward to catch his breath.

"Oh, man, this is too perfect! It's gonna be like taking candy from a baby! If you're brave enough for it, kid, I accept the challenge! I'll meet you at the duel arena in five."

The auburn haired teen turned the the Ra Yellow student, a somewhat concerned look in her eye as the other boy walked away.

"Uhm, hey...you are a good duelist, right? It's not that I doubt you or anything, but, my dignity kinda requires it right now."

After a brief pause, her eyes widened and she threw hands at her sides, realizing that even after all of this, she hadn't even introduced herself to him yet. Now was as good a time as any, she supposed. With a sigh, she held her hand out to him for a hand-shake.

"Sorry, in the excitement I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Kazumi Touka. It's nice to meet you, given the circumstances."

Kazumi_zps8lvcu9oh.png

Kazumi managed a brief smile, hoping that this boy she just met was as good a duelist as she needed him to be.

Reactions: Dante

WufeG0J.png

[October 13th, Duel Academy Card Shop]

Yuichi watched and listened, no emotion betraying itself on his face until the girl spoke.

"Hey, don't worry yourself over these losers. They just want the attention because they know a girl wouldn't give them a moment of their time outside of the card games played here."

Hearing that, Yuichi stiffled a laugh and reduced it to a snort through sheer force of will. He quickly tried to maintain his neutral expression, though a hint of a smirk remained on his face. That faint smirk soon vanished once the conditions of the duel were set.

(“Those terms seem unfavorable to hers… Does she know this boy personally?”)

Further conversation revealed that to not be the case.

(“So just the heat of the moment? How brash.”)

Yuichi was about to say something, but once again had to repress a laugh as he saw the boy’s hair.

(“What is that?! Haha!”)

Yuichi couldn’t tell since he was looking at the scene from the boy’s side, but once he got a head’s on view it was clear that the Ra Yellow’s hair was unique: one side buzz cut to the close to the scalp and the other lush with hair.

(“Still, he doesn’t seem to be a bad person. But goodness gracious that hair…!”)

Yuichi shook his head as he tried to regain his composure. He briefly thought whether to intrude between the two of them, and took a step forward.

“Umm, I’m sorry to interrupt, but the banquet is soon. Being late would be bad, wouldn’t it? Shouldn’t it be rescheduled for a later time?”

Yuchi then blinked in surprise.

“Ah, I’m sorry. I’m Yuichi Nakamura. Rude of me not to introduce myself first, I constantly forget. And I’m sorry about those Obelisk Blues. I’d like to say that they don’t speak for all of us, but it does seem like plenty of them have that poor attitude.”

Yuichi then lightly bowed towards them. As he spent years in America, getting re-accustomed to Japanese decorum was not as easy as he liked it to be.[/fieldbox]