Yu-Gi-Oh! GX: Clash of Light & Shadow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I was considering running a zombie deck, most of the cards from my current zombie deck are after 5D's. I think.

Zombies? Aren't they kinda completely focused on Synchros/XYZ? Even Zombie World decks don't work well without them... Though if you do get Zombie World and Red Eyes Zombie Dragon on the field simultaneously, your win is almost guaranteed. As far as I can remember though, Zombie World at least came out at the very start of 5DS...

It's actually not, Zombie Synchros are a good deck meta, but I the one I run focuses more on swarming the field.

Swarm can be annoying, but get a few good board wipes and you're set. I'm guessing it uses quite a lot of Zombie Master?

A bit. To be honest, my real main deck is Blackwings, but the "No post GX" cards puts a damper on that. I figured I'd use my old Zombies deck and decide if I wanna switch later. If I did want to switch to a better deck, I could work it into the RP as a rebuilding after a big loss or something.

Edit: Although now I feel like using Elemental Heroes..

Pfft. Elemental Heroes are weak because you can't predict what you'll draw. Unless you're using those ridiculous new heroes and Super Polymerisation, you're likely to lose every time.

Not really. Even just the GX(If you include the GX Manga) era can give you a good deck. You don't have to limit it to just Elemental Heroes. I should've just said "Heroes" xD. I've dueled against several very mean Elemental/Masked Heroes deck.

Which is ironically the deck Jaden uses by the end of the GX manga.

And here I was thinking the Masked Heros were as far on as XYZ :D IMO Evil Heroes are the best heroes though. I used them for a long time and most of the people I played against had a pretty hard time beating them if I managed to get one on the field. Especially the one that causes all monsters to attack it every turn. It can really screw up their plans if they want to attack one of my weaker monsters to prevent me from summoning another large creature but they can't because they have to attack the 3500 atk monster first.

I've been playing Yu-Gi-Oh for over a decade, but I'm still a pretty casual player. I haven't experimented with that many deck types. I might check out the Evil Heroes though. I still haven't decided on which deck to make.

My CS is mostly complete, so I'm going to post it below for the GM, I figure I'll wait for him to respond before picking a deck. Although @AceSorcerer , is this an AU taking place at the same time as GX? I understand banning Pendulum summoning, as it's broken, but I felt the Synchro/XYZ summons added some more depth to the game. Just a question really.

CS moved to this post.

Last edited:
@Xam , Synchro and Xyz summons are still a no go, and @Karakui is already using the Millennium Rod for a second character I believe. And I HIGHLY recommend an "Evil HERO" Deck.

Otherwise, this is an AU during the GX era. That, and why would a crotchety old man have the Millennium Rod anyway?

My bad. I saw it was open in the OP. As for why he would have it, it's just a common thing I do. I put down a simple explaination that can be expounded upon when I don't know where a character got something "important" to the story right away.

I'll edit it in then. Probably going to go with Heroes..maybe. See which deck works better.

I'll need your Skype and Dueling Network handles for the Directory.

Other than that, the idea is that all of our characters our first year students.

Ah, no, my second character isn't going to have the rod anymore, they're instead going to be incredibly finely attuned to the presence of duel spirits.

Then @Xam your character gets it. I'll put it on the board...

And you'll need to modify your post. They aren't even near DA yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.