- Alternative Reality
- Genre-Bent Reality
- Steampunk
- Cyberpunk
- Dieselpunk
- Magipunk
- Sci-fi
- Superhuman
blue Eh, this won't be all that different from every other Naruto Roleplay centered around the Chūnin Exams. Except it's taking place in Amegakure during Konan's reign set in a time where the Fourth Shinobi War never happened for some reason that really doesn't need to be divulged because, let's face it, are we ever going to mention the history of the world outside of trying to kill each other over scrolls? That doesn't mean someone can't come up with a valid reason for the Forth Shinobi World to somehow be avoided and thus hindering the villages from coming together as one and finally seeing the insanity of teaching children how to kill. Details, details.

Village Overview
Amegakure (雨隠れの里, Amegakure no Sato, Literally meaning: Village Hidden by Rain)is a small, yet highly industrialised hidden village located in an unnamed country. Its architecture is composed of several metallic skyscrapers with rowed ducts connected to them and many power lines surrounding. As its name suggests, it rains almost constantly due to a storm above the village. All the water seemingly ends in a large lake that surrounds the village. A number of smaller villages also surround Amegakure.

There are many ninja from this village who are skilled genjutsu users. It is a hidden village that one by one raises the ability of its shinobi, in turn working out original techniques. They also developed assassination techniques, getting numerous requests from foreign countries because of this. Additionally, shinobi from Amegakure are said to be notoriously short tempered.

Information curtesy of the Naruto Wiki.​
History
For many years, Amegakure was led by Hanzō; he led Amegakure's forces against Konohagakure during the Second Shinobi World War. Despite the fact that Hanzō had a huge presence on the battlefield, such that he slaughtered an entire Konoha platoon and allowed ninja as powerful as the young Sannin to live when they managed to hold their own against him, Amegakure lost the war. Amegakure's location between three of the Five Great Shinobi Countries has caused it to serve as a battleground during the various ninja wars, making most of its population war refugees. Amegakure has adopted a heavy isolationist policy because of this, leading to the village's defences to be abnormally impenetrable. To be admitted to the village, visitors, even those coming for Chūnin Exams held in Amegakure, must go through a number of security checks and are under constant surveillance during their stay. Even Hanzō, despite his strength was paranoid and constantly feared being assassinated and as such was rarely seen in public.

During the Third Shinobi World War, a group from Amegakure began advocating peace. When their group became large and popular enough, Hanzō saw this as a threat to his rule. He allied with Danzō Shimura of Konohagakure to have the Akatsuki eliminated. Hanzō lured them to an ambush by claiming to be interested in their ideas and Yahiko, the group's public leader was killed. Nagato tried to take revenge on Hanzō, but succeeded only in killing the other Amegakure ninja present as well as all of Danzō's Root personnel as Hanzō escaped the slaughter.

Amegakure Under Pein
Nagato, adopting the alias of Pain, soon began a civil war within Amegakure. Forces loyal to his new ideas for the village wore an Amegakure headband with a horizontal slash through the middle, showing their rejection of the former Amegakure leadership and principles. Pain eventually single-handedly killed Hanzō as well as everyone even remotely affiliated with him. He similarly slaughters any remnants loyal to Hanzō that tried to sneak back into the village to assassinate him. Pain's effectiveness has caused the villagers of Amegakure to regard him as a god. The people of Amegakure began to refer to Pain as "Lord Pain", and to Konan who assisted Pain, as "Lady Angel".

Amegakure Under Konan
During Nagato's reign, he used a technique that made it rain every Sunday or whenever he had to leave the village. The special rain was connected to his senses, and allowed him to sense intruders who tried to enter the village, making infiltration impossible without being detected. After Nagato's death, Konan assumes the duties of Amegakure's leader and swears the village's allegiance to Naruto Uzumaki, but she falls in battle against Tobi, who came to retrieve Nagato's Rinnegan.

Knowledge of Amegakure's civil war was not common throughout the ninja world, and the fate of Hanzō himself was completely unknown to the point that other villages believed him to still be in charge. Because Pain uses the village as his base of operations for Akatsuki, Jiraiya was able to spread news of these developments during the course of his investigation into the organisation. Pain later went to Konohagakure to try to capture Naruto and the Nine-Tailed Demon Fox respectively, after killing Jiraiya. He effectively destroys the majority of Konoha's infrastructure and kills many of its citizens. Later, he is convinced by Naruto's determination and ideals so he decides to revive those who he recently killed using the Outer Path: Samsara of Heavenly Life Technique. In this village it rains almost constantly except for when Pain would stop the rain. The only natural incidence of the rain ending was during Konan's fight with Tobi who had come to retrieve the Rinnegan. After Konan's death, however, it is unknown who leads the village.

Landmarks
Pain's Tower
Ame Orphans' Hideout
Nagato and Yahiko's Shrine

[stabs=bright|100%]{slide=Pein-ful Tradition|center}
Children are rather prone to following trends and nothing says I worship Lord Pein like piercing yourself in a similar manner. The practice symbolizes the pain the village indured, the pain Lord Pein himself suffered in the name of peace, and the more pain a ninja suffered the more respect he or she gains. Thusly, it became tradition to pierce oneself after a conquered hardship

Information curtesy of me and my brain child Spirit of Rain, a novella series which this Roleplay is inspired by. Currently working on posting it on Wattpad.​{/slide}

{slide=Dos and Don'ts|center}
- Typical no powerplay nor god modding and exercising common Roleplay curtesy. This especially means no jutsuing your way out of battle or instantly winning, making things easier for your character and instantly solving problems.
- Please no one-liners. Not everyone likes bogging down battle with glorious detail but nothing kills a scene faster than an ill-timed line of content that can barely pass for a complete sentence
- Only three teams from a village, and I would also prefer it if the first nine slots were Amegakure Nin but I guess beggars can't be choosers.
- You can play as many characters as you are able - one post per character - but I would much prefer it if you didn't double as your own team member unless we don't have enough people.
- You can play a character from an existing clan and I guess you can play the next generation of the cast but keep it cannon. No sense in making up new children when they had already been established.
- Your characters don't have to get along o.o{/slide}
{slide=Mechanics|center}
- Post at least once a week. If you don't think you can abide by this, then tell me and we'll work something out.
- If you're going to make up a clan (Amegakure provides a fair amount of leeway for this) they cannot be stronger than the already establish clans of Konoha and no dōjutsu. I would also prefer Hidens (clan techniques) over Kekkei Genkai but I guess I can allow at least two. Be warned, if you establish a Kekkei Genkai, anyone can join your clan and know it.
- Suprise! You have siblings :D Not everyone can pick and choose who they're relatives are and unless you specify your character is an only child and so were your parents, all a person has to do is tag you in their sheet and boom! Your character has extended family.
- This is just for fun so you can pretty much do anything with this within reason and establish rules. If you have plot in mind, pm me.
- I'm implementing a "round" system, meaning everyone gets a chance to finish their scene before I post a master post and move things along. If you're still in conversation when I deem the round over you can either continue in pms and then copy it into one in-character post or discuss the importance of the conversation and then allude to it in your future posts.
- Use two fifty face dice that way outcomes are out of a hundred.{/slide}
{Slide=Dice System|center}0-59 = F: The action you attempted ended in complete and utter failure. At this point, you should roll again to see the chances of the ground opening up to swallow you whole.

60-69 = D: Not much better but at least you managed to leave somewhat of an impression...

70-79 = C: Hey, your attempt turned out half way decent. You should be proud! Too bad you didn't entirely succeed.

80-89 = B: Would you look at that, you accomplished your goal! And without overkilling it or using flashy effects. Good for you.

90-100 = A: Instant effect! Not only did your efforts reap fruitful results, but came withit's own light show and pointless explosions!

Note: If you don't know how to use Iwaku's dice system: simply post your reply and then click "more options" down in the bottom right hand corner near the edit button. Then choose "throw dice". Unforunately you can't use this until after you post so you'll either have to edit your post after you roll or use a post in the OOC thread (simply state your reason for rolling and maybe a funny gif).​{/slide}[/stabs]
Character Sheet
Name: [Preferably Japanese with the last name written first. Kanji optional]
Age: [11-13 unless you have a good reason to be older or pulling a Kabuto]
Appearance: [I prefer written descriptions but if you're going to post a picture, post it at the top of your skelly]
Village: [Your home]
Teammates: [the other two members of your squad. Sensei not included unless necessary.]
Team: [Number or Whatever]
Role: [The brains, the brawn, medical, the works]​
Clan: [Yes or no unless you feel like providing a description of your clan]
Relationships: [siblings, cousins, friends, rivals, enemies, the works]
Hiden or Kekkei Genkai: [One or the other unless you feel like providing a description. If you want to keep it a secret but wind up with siblings, pm that person with the description]
Skills: [Seventeen points to spend not including bonus points. I'll add points where I see fit depending on Hiden/Kakkei Genkai or role.]
Ninjutu: [Determines proficiency and defense against ordinary jutsu]
Taijutsu: [Determines proficiency and defense against hand-to-hand combat]
Genjutsu: [Determines proficiency and defense against illusions]
Health: 1[If zero, you loose the battle - you don't necessarily die]
Agility: 1[speed and flexibility]
Intelligence: [Strategies, traps, the works]
Awareness: 1[How well you can detect an attack/someone, how well you can read someone/situations]​

Character Rooster
Amegakure - Team Four
Sazama, Masuyo

Amegakure - Team Eight
Okimoto, Tarou

Amegakure - Team Twelve
Fūma, Kiyoshi
Ketsuekiama, Tsuta

Last edited:
Name: Sazama, Masuyo

Appearance: ...Tarou could easily peg her as pretty if not impractical, with her own long hair parted into pigtails and streaming behind her in ribbons of milk chocolate accented by eyes of the same shade tinged with yellow. Her outfit of choice consisted of a long red top with white trimming and black sleeves cut out at the shoulders, imprinted by a simple box with a kanji styled line slicing through it, and black pants bound to her calves by bandages. Snaking around her neck was a crimson scarf. Her fair skin was nearly flawless, marred only by a 'beauty mark' situated under her right eye...

She has a nose, cheek and ear piercing.

Village: Amegakure

Teammates: [Open], [Open]

Team: 4

Role: The Genjutsu Genius​

Clan: When there's a Sazama, there's bound to be a team four, the team said to be marked for death.

Relationships: [Open]

Hiden or Kekkei Genkai: Hiden

Skills:

Ninjutu: 1

Taijutsu: 1

Genjutsu: 4[+1]

Health: 4

Agility: 3

Intelligence: 4

Awareness: 3​

Name: Okimoto, Tarou

Appearance: A young man with dark brown hair standing in tall spikes wearing a deep purple V-neck t-shirt over a mesh long sleeve shirt and off-white loose pants tucked into the band of his open toe sandals. Between his dark eyes and pale skin, there's really nothing unremarkable about his appearance. He has a lip, eyebrow, ear, and tongue piercing.

Teammates: [Open], [Open]

Team: 8

Role: Strategist​

Clan: No

Relationships: [Open]

Hiden or Kekkei Genkai: Not Applicable

Skills:

Ninjutu: 2

Taijutsu: 3

Genjutsu: --

Agility: 4

Intelligence: 4[+1]

Awareness: 3​

Name: Fūma, Kiyoshi

Appearance: He stands shorter than most guys his age with silvery-blue hair feathering around his forehead and jaw, eyes a steely silver. Like most of his kin, his skin is pale. He's normally clothed in a navy blue sweater worn under a black half-cut jacket buckled across his chest and a pair of dark pants cropped just above his sandals. He wears his piercings in the same style as Lord Pein, but in less number.

Teammates: Ketsuekiama, Tsuta; [Open]

Team: 12

Role: He prefers to attack first and ask questions later.​

Clan: Yes

Relationships: He's a sexist jerk with no respect for anyone. [Open]

Hiden or Kekkei Genkai: Hiden

Skills:

Ninjutu: 3

Taijutsu: 3

Health: 3

Agility: 4

Intelligence: 3

Awareness: 4​

Last edited:
Name: Ketsuekiama, Tsuta

Appearance: Tsuta is a rather short boy with very feminine features, his long black hair is usually pulled into a tight pony tail that stops at the bottom of his shoulder blades. The few loose strands tend to hang right in the middle and in front of his bright gold eyes. He and his family have darker skin than most, being comparable to a russet copper colour as well as longer and sharper canines than average. His style of dress is feminine in nature with masculine twists. He wears a long white gi shirt that stops around mid thigh with a tight, black Obi cinching his waist. Underneath is a mesh undershirt and black shorts. He keeps his entire left leg the upper part of the right wrapped in black giving him the appearance of wearing cut off pants. His black gloves are fingerless with an opening at the elbow to increase his range of movement. Finally, he has three piercings on either ear, a stud on either side of his nostrils and a vertical bar tongue piercing.

Teammates: Fūma, Kiyoshi, [Open]

Team: 12

Role: The Medical Maniac

Clan: The Ketsuekiama Clan was originated from Kusagakure before the first Shinobi War. They are best known for their poison jutsu and strong connection to snakes. The most obvious traits of the clan are it's members Russet skin tone, bright gold eyes, and sharp canines. The most common personality traits of the clan are cold and aloof men and vibrantly energetic, bordering wild females.

Relationship: [Open]

Hidden or Kekkei Genkai: Hidden

Skills:

Ninjutsu: 3 (+1)

Taijutsu: 2

Agility: 3

Intelligence: 4

Awareness: 4

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Noctis the Devious
Alright so I created an Ad for this so hopefully I'll generate more interest. Still interested, @Medusa? Also, I'm going to go ahead and give you an extra point in Ninjutsu :)