You're on a call with your younger self.

Ardent

your blood on my teeth
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per week
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
  4. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
12NN-4PM, 7PM~
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Horror, Dark Fantasy, Modern
We all have regrets. I know there's no use dwelling on things we can't change, but for now let's entertain them. What if you were on a phone call with your younger self? What sort of advice would you give?

Personally, I'd tell myself to give computer science a shot. I wasted so much time on a useless major I didn't even like, all because I was a clueless seventeen-year-old.

DIANA YOU'RE AUTISTIC, NOT BROKEN. Sorry that's not gonna help you use phones, but on the bright side FLAP AND WIGGLE GIRL FLAP AND WIGGLE TO YOUR HEART'S CONTENT AND DON'T GIVE A SHIT WHO STARES

• Love
Reactions: Mojo
I'd tell myself to stay the path, maybe get out a little more.....but stay the path. You'll get where you need to be. Also go visit grandma whenever you can, tell her you love her and call her every chance you get, you'll regret it if you don't.

I'd tell my younger self that the suspicions they're having about mother, step-father, AND father dearest should be taken seriously. So should the suspicions they were having about the guy they were dating--do. not. move. in. with. him. Just try to save yourself and don't let any of the bullies stop you. Continue to plan on getting out of that house, continue the pursuit for therapy, but maybe get a job at 18 instead of rushing into college like they were brainwashed into doing. And, if there's time, I'd add, "Don't give up on singing. You'll be glad you didn't."

Last edited:
Hey Reina, Yeah, you. Don't go to private college. You'll be in your 30s and still haven't made a dent in that sucker. And don't do psychology. You'll hate that you wasted your time doing that. Oh, and that guy you're planning on not being the most faithful with, not worth it. Stay committed. And those people you call "friends"...yeah, they're not.

I'd definitely tell myself that don't think your friends are your friends. I've had so many friendships simply end without warning. Some have either stopped talking to me or I said something they didn't like. Regardless, I'll always apologize about it, even if it's not my fault. And definitely to seek therapy sooner. Mainly to find healthy ways to cope with things. And, for the love of all that is good, get in touch with family sooner. I could've used some family members so much earlier in life rather than waiting until it's too late and they were gone.

Crea, you've been through so much in life and it's only going to get better. Just keep your head up and love yourself.

Girl, why you wasting so much time hiding? You're allowed to take up space. You don't have to please everyone and trying to be perfect all the time doesn't protect you, it just annoys and intimidates mfs and then you end up lonely. Some awesome people come along and take a chance on you when you're at your worst and you grow and change and become leaps and bounds more confident and sure of yourself than you ever thought you could be.

for the love of god when you go to college please pick a different major. sure, it sounds cool, but you’re not gonna like any of what you’re trained to do. you’re barely going to pay attention in any of your major-relevant classes. do something else entirely. do something you actually want to do. you might think you want to do it then but as you get older it sounds less and less appealing. notice how you thrive in certain classes way more than others! also, the job market sucks lmao make sure you come out of your shell a bit and get to know more people along the way.

follow your heart, the money will come.

• Love
Reactions: NotAllThatCreative