DONATING MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
It varies a lot depending on my schedule, unfortunately.
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Psychological horror
Body horror
Supernatural
Giallo
Splatterpunk
Dark fantasy
Historical
Low fantasy
Magipunk
Weird West
Noir
Thriller
Gothic horror
Southern Gothic
Gaslamp fantasy
Cyberpunk
Space saga
Clockpunk
Space Western
Space opera
Paranormal
Modern fantasy
Dieselpunk
Post-Apocalyptic
Crime drama
Medieval fantasy
highlandgames.png

With the threat of war looming on the horizon, clans fracturing, politics driving kinsmen apart, and the ever-present threat of magical beings, it seems a strange time for a party. However, the leaders of the ruling Clan MacCallum have decided to host their annual harvest feast despite, perhaps even because, of these problems. This year, the feast will be more than just a celebration of the harvest, but also a political gambit, aimed to draw people back together, unite them in the face of danger, and remind them of the bounty to be found when all good Highland men and women work together!

The three sons of Bruce MacCallum will be hosting the event. Each has quite the reputation. The youngest is known as brash, bold, and strong willed; the middle brother as wise but overly opinionated; and the eldest as a lazy lecher, more interested in the fine women who might be attending than in the event itself. The three are also known for not getting along, and this is the reason they have been tasked with pulling off this event: To show that unity can exist, no matter how different opinions become, and to remind the guests of kinship, love, and hope... things they will need if war comes against the magical creatures of the neighboring lands.

Welcome to the Masque!

WHO: All of Iwaku! Your hosts for the evening will be Revision, Kitti, Cammy, and Ozzie.
WHAT: A Highland Fantasy chat RP!
WHERE: Roleplay Main Lobby
WHEN: 12 PM September 30th to 12 AM October 1st (server time/U.S. Central)
BRING: Your character and a kilt! (If you're a man anyway. 8D)

RULES OF THE MASQUE
1.) Don't worry if you aren't familiar with history! This RP is set in a fantasy land that borrows heavily from Scottish history and culture, but it's not Scotland itself.

2.) This is a "Masquerade"! For those of you who haven't attended previous Masked Chat Balls, this means that you should not tell anyone which character you are playing until the event is over. (Please note that this does not actually mean you should wear a mask in character!)

3.) All characters must be human. While fantasy beings exist in this universe, all in attendance are members of the various HUMAN Highland clans.

4.) Keep it fun, and don't harass other players. A little action is fine and even encouraged, but if you take it too far you'll get your butt booted out!

SEE YOU SUNDAY!

*wiggles excitedly!*

My first time hosting! I hope lots of people come by!

*Walks in wearing a kilt* Oh they'll come. OR I'LL FIND YE, LOWLY LASSES AND LADS

OOH~ =w= I shall join! >:3

-readies her Scottish heritage-

Ooooo this sounds exciting! My old rp website was never this fun. I guess I should start deciding which character to use ahead of time... :D

YEAH!!! I love playing Scottish people!!! The accents are so fun to write out. But I do have a question...how exactly to we pull off the different clans? Do we just come up with names for them? >.>' *has only ever played supernaturals*

Yes, just make up your own clan! If you need name ideas, you can look here.

Thanks, Ossochanter! I already have a name I had planned on using if that was the case, but thanks for the list. Perhaps someone else shall use eet. XDXDXD

I missed the last one of these, but should be able to attend this time. :)

I was Finlay MacCallum, the lazy lecher who was turned into a cat and learned a heart warming lesson about their being more to life than sleeping and getting laid. And then went off to "lay plans" with the witch. *snickers*

I was Alastar Blair, the elderly representative of the most politically unreliable clan in history.

I was Elspeth the witch and Bruce MacCallum, who put her up to cursing his sons to teach them a lesson.

I was Stuart MacCallum, the overbearing, know-it-all brother/badger.

Dominic McGarland tried to make it clear that with his big size he also had a quick mind to boot.

Logan Gunn, for the like hour I was there before my day got spontaneously busy as hell.

I! was Muldamoure Blacksire the girl who was there, then left for hours only to come back announcing her clan was all dead XD