You're invited to... a Bonfire Beach Bash!

Astaroth

[*screaming into the void intensifies*]
Original poster
STAFF MEMBER
DONATING MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
It varies a lot depending on my schedule, unfortunately.
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Psychological horror
Body horror
Supernatural
Giallo
Splatterpunk
Dark fantasy
Historical
Low fantasy
Magipunk
Weird West
Noir
Thriller
Gothic horror
Southern Gothic
Gaslamp fantasy
Cyberpunk
Space saga
Clockpunk
Space Western
Space opera
Paranormal
Modern fantasy
Dieselpunk
Post-Apocalyptic
Crime drama
Medieval fantasy
bonfirebeachbash_zps503f0563.jpg

August 24th, 1983
Santa Sebastiana, CA

The little beach town of Santa Sebastiana does a booming business every year as beachgoers flock in from out of town or out of state to soak up the rays and catch some surf in this otherwise unknown Nowheresville location. The boardwalk is lit up with lights every night, the waterfront amusement park opens its doors, and concerts- some without a proper permit- are held down on the sand.

Summer is coming to a close now, with the temperatures dropping and August making way for September, but the local night life continues where the fun in the sun is losing steam. Even after the boardwalk closes for curfew, bonfires burn brightly out on the sand as local and tourist youngsters alike sneak out to party until dawn.

Tonight is just one such party. Good times, good drinks, and good music are guaranteed! Those in the loop know to head down to Cormorant Cove, where the party should already be in full swing by the time the sun sets! Party animals should be on the lookout, though; the boardwalk cops have been making noises about shutting down these after-hours after-parties, and a few of the local punk gangs have been fighting a turf war on the stretch of beach near the Cove...

Welcome to the Masque!

WHO: Everyone in Iwaku! Your hosts for this evening will be [OZZIE]Ozzie[/OZZIE] and [DIANA]Diana[/DIANA] along with some Mysterious Guest Hosts!
WHAT: A 1980's flavor beach party after the sun goes down!
WHERE: Roleplay Main Lobby
WHEN: Saturday, August 24th from 12:00 PM to Midnight (U.S. Central Time).
BRING: Your character and hot 80's style fashion!

RULES OF THE MASQUE

1.) You may play a teenager or twenty-something who either was invited to the party or is a CRASHER who heard about it and showed up on their own!

2.) This is a Masquerade! For those of you who haven't attended previous Masked Chat Balls, this means that you should not tell anyone which character you are playing until the event is over. It does NOT mean that your character is wearing a mask!

3.) This is a MODERN (1980's) setting. You should be playing normal humans; fantasy and paranormal critters are NOT allowed for this event.

4.) Keep it fun, and don't harass other players. A little action is fine, but if you take it too far you'll get your butt booted out! Chaperones are watching all day, so if someone asks you to tone something down, listen!

Beach Party?
Masquerade?
1980's?
I shall not let you chat rp my life without me.
>:[

I'm comin'. I thinks. Yes.

Nuuu! It's on a weekend! I can't get online on weekends!

A roleplay based before my time? Challenge accepted. Hope my joining in is not imposing.

The masquerades are open to the entiiiiiiiiire community, so no permissions or requesting necessary. 8D

Last edited:
AREN'T NECESSARY! THEY AREN'T NECESSARY!

why no one but [MENTION=4590]Koene[/MENTION] points out typos! failures, everybody!

Reactions: Koene
I hope I'll finally get to join one of these. It's been my dreaaaaam.

Reactions: Closer
I don't understand how to join..there is no text box input thing.

You have to enter a name into the "Chat Name" section, then choose a colour that you like, after which you can hit the "Enter Chat" button to start playing in the masquerade. Remember to come as your character and not as yourself!

• Thank You
Reactions: Astaroth
I won't be back tonight so ya, I'm sure everyone knew I was Delse XD

Tonight's masq has ended early, and we apologize for not making a more exciting plot for everybody today! D: Your chaperones were busy dealing with site security issues, so we really couldn't do anything more than keep an eye on the box while everyone played.

Thanks to all the people who did show up, and the ones that kept interacting with each other! <3

I was the Narrator and Narrator only tonight, I didn't get a chance to play a charrie. ;___;

Reactions: Theory
Obvious Robert is obviously me.

And I was the annoying wannabe party girl who got hammered. Yup, Lily the Blondie.

Sorry I had to leave early. :( I didn't even get to redeem myself.