You're Invited [CLOSED]

Have you ever played a Mafia game before?

• No, and I'm pretty confused. (Please PM me if this is your response)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jerelin

Original poster
Welcome! If you made your way here via the AD Banner, know that it was created by the wonderful @Aleina !

Dear [Character Name],
It is with great pleasure that I write to invite you to my home on Saturday, 07 February 2015 for an opportunity to win $1 million. The evening will consist of a welcoming dinner, meet-and-greet with your fellow contenders, and a night of terrifying thrills. These thrills will be marked by some of your wildest fears, and in order to come out on the winning side, you must 'survive' the week. Only the survivors will win the $1 million.

The night will be sponsored by my company Anxter Industries. Additional information about the event, along with details about how to get to my home at the Riverbend Farms, are enclosed. I would be extremely grateful if you could R.S.V.P by no later than Saturday 31 January to [email protected] or 202-555-0105. Please advise us of any special mobility or dietary requirements you may have.

I hope you are able to accept this invitation and I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours Sincerely ,
Garrison Carter

Welcome to "You're Invited," a roleplay that is strongly inspired by the Mafia games. These games can go by many names such as Rabbit Doubt, Werewolf, and Day&Night. If you have never played these games before, that is perfectly alright. You can find the wikia here. Feel free to use this throughout your game-play as you see fit. Throughout the course of the game, you may message me at any time and ask any questions you wish. I have been GM'ing these games for a few years, but this is my second attempt at making it in a RP version.

Unlike my first attempt, there will be no pre-made characters. You will need to fill out a Character Sheet and that sheet will need to be approved. Please make an edits if I ask you to.

This roleplay will be driven by YOU. My only job is to put the pieces together. You will influence what happens. Each player must promise to be active for the duration of the game. It is important that you maintain communication with me through PM's. The game is not built to last for months. The goal is one week to two months. If successful, I will be creating many more with different themes. Although I ask you to maintain a steady communication with me through PM's, I will only ask for 2 posts a week. You may post more, but if you need to post less, please let me know! If you vanish without any warning, I will be forced to kill off your charcter.

This game relies on strategy. After I close off the Sign-Ups, all players will get a special and secret role. They are listed below. Your role must remain a secret and will only be revealed if you die. Hidden within these roles is a role called "Murderer". Whoever gets this role will have two goals. 1: Kill the other characters, one by one. 2: Don't be found-out.

This game will be set in two phases:

A Day Phase, which will be the time in which all of your characters are free to interact. You may post as many times as you want during this time. This is also the time for your characters to try to figure out who the "Murderer" is. Throughout this phase, there will be an ongoing vote for who is believed to be the "Murderer." At the end of the Day Phase, whichever character has been voted as the Murder will die and their role will be revealed. If they were the Murderer, the game is over and all survivors win. If they were not, the game will continue into the next phase: Night.

A Night Phase is a time for silence. Absolutely NO roleplay posts are allowed during this time. OOC talk may continue, but IC talk is strictly forbidden. During this phase, I will be communicating with everyone to learn what they will choose to do for that night. This is the time where the Murderer must choose which character to kill. This is also the time for various roles to choose which character to effect for good or evil. You will get more detail on this part when you are given your character's role. All roles will be communicated by PMs.

The Roles that you may (or may not) find in this RP are:
Murderer - Kills 1 Character every Night
Doctor - Protects 1 Character every Night
Cop - Investigates 1 Character every Night (Good or Bad)
RoleBlocker - Blocks 1 Character's Role every Night
Double Voter - Their Lynch Vote counts for 2
Survivor - Can not be killed by Murderer. Can be Lynched
Healer - Can Revive 1 Character. Can only be used Once
Watcher - Investigates 1 Character every Night (Learns who that Character Targeted)
Lovers - Two Characters who are in love. If one dies, the other will kill themselves.

Now that all of that is out of the way, here is the character sheet. I need 8 players to start, but I will take more. You may not have two characters. If your character dies, you are out of the game, but may continue to talk in the OOC. Roles will be distributed randomly.

Once your character is accepted, you may post in the IC.

Name:

Sex: (Male or Female)

Appearance: (Picture and/or Description; No Anime, but Drawn Portraits are a-ok. No, you don't have to draw them yourself and yes, you can use real images.)

Personality: (Can be listed as Positives and Negatives, or in Paragraph form)

Fears:

Goals:

Background: (At least 3 paragraphs.)

Extra: (Whatever you wish to add)

The basic rules are a given. Follow Iwaku roles. Don't God-Mod or Mary Sue. Don't ignore other RPers. If a character has interacted with you, don't ignore them. Your character can ignore them, but you as a player should not. Acknowledge that your character is ignoring that person. Read other posts thoroughly. Any rules that may change throughout the gameplay will be marked in Orange in my GM posts. You won't be able to miss it. At the end of my GM IC posts, there will be clear instructions that will let you know what is happening.

Anything that may be different is:
1. When you receive your role, share it with no-one. You may form alliances with other players, but do not share your role.
2. Post at least once or twice a week. 3 paragraphs per post is the preferred length, but it will vary on how often you post. If you most more than 1-2 times a week, your length can vary. If you post the minimum amount, I expect longer posts because you will have more to react to. This shouldn't be a problem later on in the RP.
3. Your character will probably die. This game is built off of character death. Don't complain if you die. You may still communicate in the OOC but you will no longer post in the IC.
4. Watch out for clues in MY posts. They will point to various roles of the players, so be careful and think hard.

If you have ANY questions, please ask here or PM me.

All players will be checked to ensure Activity. Post Quality is set to Adept.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 person
Name: Gabe Hixel

Sex: Male

Appearance: The 37-year-old male stands tall at 6'0", but is a bit skinny at only 128lbs. His hair is a mess of gray-colored locks all ruffled up, slightly hanging over his dark green hues. His dress is a mix between formal and informal, with a dress shirt and tie adorning his top, but non-classy slacks adorning the bottom. He'll often wear a pair of prescription sunglasses, though he tries to make it seem like more of a fashion statement than a requirement. His shoes are worn down dress shoes that seem like they've been used a bit longer than they should have.

Personality: Gabe is the purest definition of a bum. He lazes around and does pretty much nothing but take what he can get. He tries to represent himself in a classy manner, but his lack of funds and his excessive expenditures on alcohol have slowly detoriated the value of his wardrobe. He isn't the kindest of people, but if he has no other redeeming quality, its his honesty. Gabe has never told a lie (while sober) and he doesn't plan to start.

Fears: One thing Gabe fears is for his life mistakes to catch up to him too quickly; quicker than they already are. He also has a dislike for large dogs, as they've caused him quite a bit of trouble in the past (whether for better or for worse is yet to be seen).

Goals: Gabe isn't one to have goals for his life. As a bum, he simply flows where life takes him, hoping something exciting and life altering will take place.

Background: Gabe was born to a less fortunate family than most, in the backwater section of town. His father was always at work and his mother was a wreck - a woman that seemed to have every mental illness in the book all wrapped into one stabilized package... The education he was to receive wasn't of the greatest quality either, and he struggled to get through it.

Gabe dropped out of school at 14 and began working oddjobs to help support his family, per his father's request. He had no qualms with this. He hadn't a desire to continue his education anyway. Life was pretty steady like this for a while. That would change quickly on his 15th birthday.

Only a month after he turned 15, his mother claimed her own life to escape the mental torture she faced each and every day. Both he and his father were hit by this, even though he didn't really have that strong of a relationship with his mother. His work slowed a bit, and he lost several of the odd jobs he held. Before long, he was out of work, same as his father. They ended up on the streets, where the young male began to steal and commit various other crimes.

It would only be five years after his mother's untimely death before his father would also disappear from his life. This sent him into a continuouslly downward spiral, but he knew it would help him to seek guidance. He did, for some time, speak to a counselor regularly. This didn't end up working out, as his thought process was out of focus by many comparisons.

Gabe presently lives on his own, in a run down apartment that a recent new job enabled him to pay for. He likes to take on oddjobs for some extra cash, and it helps him make connections with other people. He doesn't have a car yet, but he gets around fine on a bicycle. He doesn't like them anyway, so he's rather content as is.

Extra: Gabe is a bit of a picky eater with a fondness for strawberry shortcake.

I'll get on making a sheet for you, Jerelin. Yay, more RDs!

@Avabel Brioche Accepted! Feel free to make an Introductory Post in the IC whenever you get the chance. After we have enough players, I will PM you your role and the game can truly begin. :)

@Foxxie Yay! I'm looking forward to seeing who you come up with. I'm expecting this to be a blast. ^^'

• Love
I forgot to mention to everyone that the expected post setting is Adept. With that, I expect at least 3 solid paragraphs (at least 5 sentences each) per post. More is preferred but not necessary.

I shall do my best! XO

It's perfectly okay to be a bit lower than that every now and then, haha. I'm far from a perfectionist in anything. xD

Hai. It just depends on the situation. 3 paragraphs might not always be possible unless slight character controlling takes place.

Reactions: Jerelin
Absolutely. It also mainly will deal with how often you post. If you can only manage 1 post a week, I hope to see more content from you (generalized) because you'll have more things to throw into your post and things to react to. If you post multiple times a week, 3 paragraphs per post won't always be needed. Because of the style of the game, I want to stay away from one-liners at all cost.

EDIT: Also, the only character controlling that will take place will be in the GM posts. No one else will be able to control your character and I will only have control over characters during the Death posts. If that makes sense. o.o

@Jerelin
Awesome!
This gives me some time to plan out the character information, I appreciate your cooperation!

Reactions: Jerelin
Name: Salvatore Luccello

Sex: Male

Appearance: Salvatore stands at a reasonably tall, but not outlandish, 5'10" and he has a few more pounds on his frame than he'd like (manifesting mostly around his stomach) at a weight of 165 lbs, although he maintains a good, stocky physical shape. His thick, black hair is well-kept and meticulously dyed to keep the grey away, although he lets some peek in along his goatee. His face is angular, nose on the larger side and often called aquiline, with bright blue eyes and a thin mouth, all competing against slightly out-turned ears for attention. As his occupation calls for professional and sharp attire, he rarely finds himself dressing down, wearing suits and overcoats with a casual air that makes them seem even more out of place. In fact, whenever he tries a polo and, God forbid, jeans, the younger men at the office accuse him of looking like a dad, a fate he is not yet resigned to.

Personality: Despite being a fairly well-known and respected lawyer, Salvatore is quite jovial and paints a first impression of being kind and calm. When presented with a case, his entire demeanor changes and he becomes dogged, blunt, and very impatient, but he never loses that sense of humor and even maintains a hint of the kindness that is so evident outside of the courtroom.
Salvatore will do anything for a case, and he is excellent at compartmentalizing, keeping his emotions, and even his morals, out of certain cases just to get them to trial and resolved on a deadline. He is good-natured, though, and will not violate his own moral code past a hard limit that he establishes far ahead of time whenever a new batch of cases comes his way. Those who know him outside of court consider him to be a good, charitable man, and even those he has faced down must admit that his sense of justice shines through and keeps him from appearing heartless.

Fears: The dissolution of his firm, another failed marriage, and drowning.

Goals: For Luccello & Meyer to become a noted and successful firm and to eventually attain another shot at judgeship.

Background: Salvatore is the second and last child of banker Martin Luccello and Emmelina, a woman fresh from Salerno who wanted to make a life for herself in America. She and Martin married young, and they started off running in raising Milana and Salvatore. Martin's work could afford to send them both to elite institutions, with Milana always excelling in math and showing indication of a bright career working with computers... and Salvatore always having a head for arguing. His essays were notorious among teachers in high school, as he would argue with almost every point made in class, not always to great avail, but always with a gusto that was noted and often appreciated, and then misconstrued to be an interest in literature itself. In college, he quickly realized that he had no desire to "read the classics" or analyze theory. Milana, who had gotten into Stanford, had already dropped out by the time she was 21 (to help develop several projects that would buy her prime real estate in the Silicon Valley one day), just as Salvatore was ending his freshman year at Amherst, and he decided to pursue a pre-law track and hopefully make a career out of contradicting those around him.

His somewhat, admittedly, bratty interest soon changed as he took classes and discovered how important the work really was for society. He applied for law school at Georgetown, graduated summa cum laude and with the help of his father's connections, was able to work with a prestigious criminal law firm for the next fifteen years of his life, gaining fame for his intricately-crafted defenses. He married his high school sweetheart, Sharon Atkins, right out of college, only to divorce a year and a half later. That heartbreak allowed him to spend time perfecting his art, if you will, and by the time he was thirty-seven, he was up for consideration for judgeship against stiff competition from a rival prosecutor, a certain Hiroshi Matsuzaka.

Despite his busy schedule, Salvatore had managed to once more find love, and her name was Heather. The two tied the knot and had a seemingly perfect marriage until the night Salvatore was passed over for judgeship in favor of Matsuzaka. In an impulsive night of pity drinks, he took his on and off again flirting with a co-worker too far and begun an affair with her that would last for only a couple of months before his conscience grew too guilty and he confessed to Heather. Heather left him promptly and at the age of forty, Salvatore found himself alone and feared himself unaccomplished. It was then that he decided his life needed a change before he became someone he completely could not recognize.

After having talked it over with Jerome Meyers, a peer at his current law firm, the two decided to launch their own firm (appropriately called Luccello & Meyers), move out of town and depart from the east coast entirely to set up near Milana's million-dollar electronics company, and see where life took them. From there, Salvatore brushed up on internet law to gain a position as a consultant for his sister's company as he also worked on acquiring cases and new talent for Luccello & Meyers. The firm has not yet exactly taken off, doing enough business to survive, but not flourishing, and Salvatore sees this mysterious invitation and opportunity to get $1 million as either the best scheme he's ever fallen for, or a great opportunity to get himself back on the successful track he believes he blew away years ago.

Extra: He will not answer to Sal... at least, not civilly. In addition, he is
a fairly religious man, and that religion is Roman Catholicism.

You didn't really supply any rules, are there any I should be aware of?...

• Thank You
You didn't really supply any rules, are there any I should be aware of?...
I think I mentioned them all in the OP, but I never specifically said they were rules, so thanks for calling me out of that. Lol

The basic rules are a given. Follow Iwaku roles. Don't God-Mod or Mary Sue. Don't ignore other RPers. If a character has interacted with you, don't ignore them. Your character can ignore them, but you as a player should not. Acknowledge that your character is ignoring that person. Read other posts thoroughly. Any rules that may change throughout the gameplay will be marked in Orange in my GM posts. You won't be able to miss it. At the end of my GM IC posts, there will be clear instructions that will let you know what is happening.

Anything that may be different is:
1. When you receive your role, share it with no-one. You may form alliances with other players, but do not share your role.
2. Post at least once or twice a week. 3 paragraphs per post is the preferred length, but it will vary on how often you post. If you most more than 1-2 times a week, your length can vary. If you post the minimum amount, I expect longer posts because you will have more to react to. This shouldn't be a problem later on in the RP.
3. Your character will probably die. This game is built off of character death. Don't complain if you die. You may still communicate in the OOC but you will no longer post in the IC.
4. Watch out for clues in MY posts. They will point to various roles of the players, so be careful and think hard.

@Foxxie and @Tempest, since you two have played this before with me, can you think of anything that I may be missing?

I believe all character role actions need be kept to the GM in PM. So, you won't set that up in the IC or here in the OOC. Remember, the game is doubt! I believe votes will also be kept in PM to the Jerelin, aye?

Furthermore, while there is the RP going on, it is perfectly legitimate to carry on conversations in the OOC and in PM to other players about your speculations or in order to throw people off your trail, set up others for the fall, or more. Remember, the game is all about Doubt, you never know who is lying or who is being earnest because ANYONE can be the killer. : P

And yes, as Jerelin says, keep your roles PRIVATE. The quickest way to ruin the game is by sharing your roles. I've been in games where people have taken the shared roles, even in an alliance, and POSTED THEM PUBLICLY, effectively destroying the game because most of the players were then identified for their role. It resulted in several of the players being picked off immediately for their skills before the game promptly ended because there were so few people left as a suspect pool. :T

That all said, I'll have my sheet up sometime tonight. :3

• Thank You
First to post, yeah! XD

Status
Not open for further replies.