Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Thriller, Space Exploration, Slice of Life
HELLO THERE MINIONS. NOT ONLY AM I A COMMUNITY ADMIN AND ROLEPLAY ADDICT, I AM ALSO A WRITER! ⊙◇⊙

Except, a couple of months ago while I was trying to update my blog portfolio I discovered that I've spent the past twenty years roleplaying and not writing stories. I've got hundreds and thousands of posts for roleplay content but the amount of finished stand alone stories in my archive could be counted on two hands. To make it worse, the majority of those were written over ten years ago and the rest is collaborative content. Which is cool, but not really a showcase of what I can do by myself.

I ended up taking one of my really old pieces and giving it a full re-write from scratch just to get myself back into solo writing again, and the difference between them was so stark I decided it was worthy of being an example piece for all muh minions. O: The original was written in 2010 so it's a literal 10 year difference.

I know a lot of people think their writing sucks, because it's easy to criticize and hate our own work and not be able to judge it without bias. But if you've been writing regularly and look back at your older work to compared it to the present, I bet you'll see the improvements.

So that, my lovlies is my challenge to YOU today! Find some of your old writing. It can be stories, roleplay posts, poetry, anything. Hell it can be your artwork if you're more of an artist type! The older it is the better. Then compared it to something you've written recently, or one-up yourself and re-write that thing.

And in the meantime, tell me about you writing adventures! Are you in it just for the roleplaying or are you also an aspiring author? What are you working on lately!

You know, I should probably do this.

But I also have had the same scene sample in my Iwaku profile since 2012 so... >___>

Reactions: PoetLore
All my old writing is on my dead hard drive waiting for me to get a way to retrieve it...one of my old RP partners might have something. I'll have to ask.

i've had SO many role play adventures! I used to be the Empress of an MSN community that had over 300 members who were all very active and had roles and responsibilities (Titles even..lol) But man, I could hardly breathe. I would log in and WHOOSH 50 IM's would flash across the bottom of my screen. I'd spend the next hour answering them all before I could eve think about actual role play. This was where I totally LOST my love for chat based RP. KILLED it for me.

From there I had my own community based on a world created for my book series, which was great until MSN decided nothing was free and it went away. POUTS*

The I joined a forum called "Joker A Poet a Writer's Club" and I loved that place. You would post whatever and people would comment, give advice, suggestions or just be sweet and encouraging. Great group there.

I had a really long span after that where I didn't do anything online at all, anywhere. I only role played with one partner in Yahoo messenger and that was it. I"d had a seriously horrible burn flash back from the MSN community and I'd decided I didn't need the stress and crap of that anymore.

But then I got lonely, and found this place. I can't say what a great thing it's been in adequate words. I've met some amazing people, written some things I'm so proud of (And also some fluff but hey no one's perfect), and been made to feel like part of a big family. I am so glad I stumbled upon Iwaku!!

THANKS DIANA!!!

• Love
Reactions: Diana and Astaroth
.... I could go home tomorrow and get my big shameful binder of Jrock fanfiction and give one a rewrite... Actually to be honest I've been thinking about rewriting the biiiig one with brand new original characters and taking it away from the Jrock fandom completely. The plot itself came from my head. The setting is completely mine. Hell, I even drew maps for the damn story. So there's that?

Reactions: Astaroth
I've improved in a lot of ways but there's quite a bit of old writing I'm still pretty fond of. With my self-esteem being so bad about most things one of my favourite past times is reading my old writing and going 'haha wait I'm actually pretty good at this'.

I really miss writing in present tense. Honestly I don't do much of my own writing these days, and haven't for years. It's almost all role-playing, and I don't get the chance to write in present tense in this hobby. I used to almost exclusively write in present tense. I get a good flow that way. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I enjoy it. :')

I'll have to do this later at some point. It could be fun and would give me a chance to scratch that present-tense itch. The issue is finding which hard drive I have all that stuff stored on