Your Second Life Online!

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JayTheBirdFlyZ

Original poster
Welcome to the world of Second Life

The plot of this role play is normal teenagers who play on a virtual reality game known as "Second Life". Second Life is a medieval style RPG MMO, and is run on a virtual reality engine known as a SivGear. You eventually all join the same guild, The Dark Army (also referred to as TDA), and become good friends. Unbeknownst to you all, everyone is attending the same school, Okinawa High!

Most of the role play will most likely take place in the online world, but there will be times that we are roleplaying at school.

Second Life World:

In second life you can choose to start in 4 different places. The Eastern Continent, Western Continent, and Southern Continent, and Northern Continent. To travel from these different continent you must pay a fee and board a boat, which will take you from one place to another. It takes a day to travel though, so choose wisely.

It is most likely that you will create different parties when participating in this RP. Parties consist of at most 6 players, and at least 2. You do not have to be part of a party, but you do have to be part of, or somehow relate to The Dark Army.

There are 7 different races to choose from:
Humans
Elves
Dark Elves
Dwarfs
Celestials
Elementals
Beasts

Additionally, once you reach level 10 you may choose a "Job", also known as a role, and bring the required materials. There are currently 5 different jobs to choose from, but if you have a suggestion for another job class, you're welcome to ask.

Warrior
Probably the most popular job, warriors excel at close combat, and get a buffed strength and agility bonus when chosen. In order to apply for this job you must bring 10 Wolf Fangs to job office. Wolf fangs can be acquired by killing wolf mobs, which spawn in the surrounding forest of the starter cities.

Mage
Mages specialize in using magic, and most commonly use long range attacks. When chosen you get a mana buff. In order to apply for this job you must collect 10 Skeleton bones. Skeleton bones can be acquired from killing Skeletons, which spawn in the caves surrounding the starter cities.

Archer
Archers are an essential member of a party, because of there long ranged attack abilities, much like a mage. When chosen you get an Accuracy and Intelligence buff. In order to apply for this job you must collect 10 Cocasia feathers. You can acquire Cocasia Feathers from killing Cocasia birds, located in the surrounding forest of the starter cities.

Priest
Priests are the support class, and a very good member to have. When chosen you get a rec and mana boost. In order to apply for this job you must collect 10 Rainbow Fish bones. Rainbow Fish can be located in the river surrounding the starter cities.
Thief
The thief job is the best way to go if you want to earn money quickly. When chosen you get a boosted amount of money when killing mobs, as well as a reduced amount of infamy when breaking a law. In order to apply for this job you must pay 1000 Zel. Zel is the currency of Second Life, and can be obtained by killing different mobs.

The rules for creating a character are simple. You do not have to start out at level 1, but you cannot make your character level 100, or something unfair like that. If you want to have already been playing for a while, I'd say start out at around level 30 or so.

You can format your signup sheet whichever way you like, but you need to have these things:

IRL (details about your character in real life)

Name:
Nickname:
(optional)
(You can provide a picture here, but try to add in extra details that a picture just can't represent)
Height:
Weight:
Eye Colour:
Hair Colour:
Person of interest:
(Crush, person they like.)
Relationships:(Friends, classmates, etc. Characters thoughts and feelings on others. You do not have to write something for every character)
Personality:(Explain some things about them, how they act)
Bio:(Personal background, why they started playing Second Life, etc.)
Extra:
(anything that doesn't fit in the other fields)

OL (details about your character in Second Life)

Name:(The name you use and are called Within Second Life)
Race:
Job:
Appearance:
(Although the game takes you real life attributes into account, you can still customize your appearance. You can use an image here as well.)
Height:
Weight:
Eye Colour:
Hair Colour:
Guild:
(The main focus is those part of The Dark Army, but you may create a rival guild, or none at all, as long at it leads back to TDA.
Party:(Optional, but helpful)
Relationships:(Who are people in guild that you get along with? People you despise? Preplanned friendships, and your characters thoughts and feelings on the others. You do not have to write something for every character)
Extra:(Anything you want to add that doesn't fit in the other fields.)​

[btn=#9545b5|https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/your-second-life-online.131335/#post-2719403|self]Lulu Tzukino[/btn]
[btn=#54e381|https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/your-second-life-online.131335/#post-2736719|self]Alexandra Sterling[/btn]
[btn=moda|https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/your-second-life-online.131335/#post-2738109|self]Logan Manchester[/btn]
[btn=#cc4e93|https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/your-second-life-online.131335/#post-2738819|self]Leila Steffler[/btn]
[btn=https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/your-second-life-online.131335/#post-2739519|self]Lachlan O'keyte[/btn]
[btn=#49c7e3|https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/your-second-life-online.131335/page-2#post-2741449|self]Akihisa Takehara[/btn]

Last edited by a moderator:
Please don't take this as an application, but merely a request, I would love to join this if you wouldn't mind me joining please let me know when your done!

Please don't take this as an application, but merely a request, I would love to join this if you wouldn't mind me joining please let me know when your done!
Sure, I would love for you to join! It might take me a while to figure out how the mechanics of the game would work, so your welcome to put suggestions here if you have any! ^•^

Sure, I would love for you to join! It might take me a while to figure out how the mechanics of the game would work, so your welcome to put suggestions here if you have any! ^•^
Yay! what do you mean "Figure out the Mechanics of the game" do you mean character sign up, or things to do in the world?

Yay! what do you mean "Figure out the Mechanics of the game" do you mean character sign up, or things to do in the world?
Trying to figure out which classes and jobs will be in "Second Life", which needs to be done before I can create character sign up sheets.

latest
IRL

Name:
Lulu Tzukino
Nickname:
Lu
Height:
5'1
Weight:
91 lbs
Eye Colour:
Black
Hair Colour:
Black
Person of interest:
N/A
Relationships:
Currently N/A
Personality:
Lulu is a happy go luck girl, who often acts on impulse. She seems to have adopted her parents eccentric ways, since she does some weird things from time to time. She hates feeling pain, so when things attack her in game, she'll go on a rampage, beating different mobs up. Although she acts so silly most of the time, she actually has exceptional leader skills, which is why so many people look up to her.
Bio:
Lulu was born and raised by loving parents, albeit eccentric. Lulu's parents are often away, travelling or doing god knows what, so Lulu has learned to cook and take care of her twin brother Vince. When the new game "Second Life" is released, her brother had gone out and bought it for them immediately. Lulu had played games like Second Life before, and often hid behind guys who would give her stuff since she was afraid of pain. Vince and Lulu got into a fight about it being easier for girls to play these games, so she ended up changing her gender to a guy within Second Life. Lulu wanted to prove her brother wrong and started a guild known as The Dark Army. Her oddities gathered many unique people, and so began The Dark Armies legend in Second Life!
Being Strong
Having Friends

Dislikes:

Pain
People who are prettier than her
Fake Bishies

Extra:

OL

e5.gif

Name:
Prince
Race:
Elf
Job:
Warrior
Height:
5'1
Weight:
91lbs
Eye Colour:
Red
Hair Colour:
White
Guild:
The Dark Army
Party:
Odd Squad
Relationships:
N/A for now
Extra:

(I'm super interested in this Rp. I was thinking about trying to make something like this to :D )

IRL
blonde.jpg

Name:
Alexandra Sterling
Nickname:
Alex

Height:
5ft 6in

Weight:
145 lbs

Eye Colour:
Blue

Hair Colour:
Blonde
Person of interest:
To Be Determined
Relationships:
Lachlan O'Keyte: One of Alex's closer friends at school. Alex first met Lachlan in art class, where it was quickly made known that Art wasn't one of Alex's strong points. Alex had noticed how good Lachlan was and asked for the boy's help. The two clicked and quickly became friends.
Leila Steffler: Alex hasn't really spoken to Leila that much, she has mainly seen the girl around Lachlan.

Personality:
Alexandra is very outgoing and enthusiastic in everything she does. She's your normal 16 year old girl who likes to hang out with friends, going shopping, and talking about boys. Yup, completely normal 16 teen year old. Except for the fact that she hides her love for gaming from her friends. Being one of the most popular girls in school, she afraid of what people would think if they knew she's into "Nerd Games". Alex normally giving off a carefree vibe, she's the girl everyone is drawn to, the one they all want to hangout with. Ironically everyone loves how she treats everything like it's just a game. Alex is fun but very competitive, She is apart of the Soccer, Volleyball and Track team.
Bio:
Alexandra's family consisted of herself, her brother, her mother and her father. Growing up Alex was 'Daddy's Little Princess', She thought the world of her father. devastatingly at the age of ten, it was found out he was cheating on her mother. Her father ended up leaving them to be with his mistress and their unborn child. Distraught by what happened Alex's mother became an alcoholic, her brother started to distance his self from everyone and Alex became drawn to the world of online gaming. There she could forget all of her troubles and be whoever she wanted to be.
Sweets, Games, Shopping, Reading, WiFi/Internet, Cellphone, Laptop, Rain and Motorcycles

Dislikes:
Not having Internet, Spicy things, Snow, Anything boring, and People touching her stuff.

Extra:

OL
Huntress.jpg

Name: Jinx | Gender: Female | Race: Elf | Job: Archer

Appearance:
Huntress1.jpg

Height: 5ft 5in | Weight: 120 lbs | Eye Colour: Blue | Hair Colour: Blonde

Guild:
The Dark Army

Party:
To Be Determined

Relationships:
Sephia: Jinx is normally partied up with the Mage to help her level. She first spotted the Dark Elf when a tree near her prey randomly caught on fire. Upset about the scared of deer, Jinx went to investigate. She couldn't help but laugh when she found the slightly panicked Mage trying to sooth the flames. Ever since the two have gotten along and are normally always together when Online.
Extra:
Level 25

latest
Name Logan Manchester
Age 17
Gender Male
Height 6'3"
Weight 215
Eye color steel grey
Hair color black
Person of interest to be determined
Relationships to be determined

Personality Logan hides behind a mask in order not to let people too close. This stems from a deep emotional wound left from his past. He generally looks uninterested the world in the world , but deep down he is very smart and protective of anyone that can get past the barrier.

Bio Logan is the son to a family of traveling business people and spent most of his life moving around. His family finally settled down when he was 12 and that's when he made his first friend. Ryan had been the first person to get to know Logan and became good friends with him. Over the course of the next 2 years they became best friends and would always be hanging out together. What Logan didn't know was that Ryan had been suffering from neglect from his parents and was stealing late at night to survive. When he tried to bring Logan in on his operation he refused and turned to leave that's when Ryan drove a knife thru logans back. He then dragged him into a back alley and left him there to die.

If it wasnt for a young woman finding him, he would've surely died that night. He never got to say thank you to her and still wonders to this day who she was.
Dislikes
Annoying people

___the_red_knight____by_lutherum-d3b6g2n.png

Name Leone
Race human
Class warrior
Gender Male
Height 6'2
Weight 195
Eyes yellow
Hair red
Guild the dark army
Party to be determined

Last edited:
(I'm super interested in this Rp. I was thinking about trying to make something like this to :D )

IRL
blonde.jpg

Name:
Alexandra Sterling
Nickname:
Alex

Height:
5ft 6in

Weight:
145 lbs

Eye Colour:
Blue

Hair Colour:
Blonde
Person of interest:
To Be Determined
Relationships:
To Be Determined (Open to ideas)
Personality:
Alexandra is very outgoing and enthusiastic in everything she does. She's your normal 16 year old girl who likes to hang out with friends, going shopping, and talking about boys. Yup, completely normal 16 teen year old. Except for the fact that she hides her love for gaming from her friends. Being one of the most popular girls in school, she afraid of what people would think if they knew she's into "Nerd Games". Alex normally giving off a carefree vibe, she's the girl everyone is drawn to, the one they all want to hangout with. Ironically everyone loves how she treats everything like it's just a game. Alex is fun but very competitive, She is apart of the Soccer, Volleyball and Track team.
Bio:
Alexandra's family consisted of herself, her brother, her mother and her father. Growing up Alex was 'Daddy's Little Princess', She thought the world of her father. devastatingly at the age of ten, it was found out he was cheating on her mother. Her father ended up leaving them to be with his mistress and their unborn child. Distraught by what happened Alex's mother became an alcoholic, her brother started to distance his self from everyone and Alex became drawn to the world of online gaming. There she could forget all of her troubles and be whoever she wanted to be.
Sweets, Games, Shopping, Reading, WiFi/Internet, Cellphone, Laptop, Rain and Motorcycles

Dislikes:
Not having Internet, Spicy things, Snow, Anything boring, and People touching her stuff.

Extra:

OL
Huntress.jpg

Name: Jinx | Gender: Female | Race: Elf | Job: Archer

Appearance:
Huntress1.jpg

Height: 5ft 5in | Weight: 120 lbs | Eye Colour: Blue | Hair Colour: Blonde

Guild:
The Dark Army

Party:
To Be Determined

Relationships:
To Be Determined (Open to ideas)

Extra:
Accepted! I love your bio! I'll probably start the role play once we get a bit more people. you're welcome to add suggestions, and help to turn this into more than a role play created by a complete amateur! XD

latest
Name Logan Manchester
Age 17
Gender Male
Height 6'3"
Weight 215
Eye color steel grey
Hair color black
Person of interest to be determined

Personality Logan hides behind a mask in order not to let people too close. He generally looks uninterested to the world in the world , but deep down he is very smart and protective of anyone that can get past the barrier.

Bio Logan is the son to a family of traveling business people and has pretty much grown up on my his own. At the age of 12 he made his first friend but that soon ended when he was stabbed in the back and left to die. Because of this he has distanced himself from the world.
Dislikes
Annoying people

___the_red_knight____by_lutherum-d3b6g2n.png

Name Leone
Race human
Class warrior
Gender Male
Height 6'2
Weight 195
Eyes yellow
Hair red
Guild the dark army
Party to be determined
I like where you're going with your character! The mysterious type has always been one of my favourites. The only thing is you need to add a little more detail to your personality and bio. Why was he stabbed in the back? Who was the friend? What do you mean by "left to die"? Add a little more details, and he'll be accepted instantly! ^0^

Accepted! I love your bio! I'll probably start the role play once we get a bit more people. you're welcome to add suggestions, and help to turn this into more than a role play created by a complete amateur! XD
The only real suggestion would be summaries on the race like you did for the jobs.
When is was picking i was wondering what would make the difference in the elves.
Nothing to detail just an idea of what you were envisioning. so we would know
You could even add a few pictures for people to go off as well if you wanted.

The only real suggestion would be summaries on the race like you did for the jobs.
When is was picking i was wondering what would make the difference in the elves.
Nothing to detail just an idea of what you were envisioning. so we would know
You could even add a few pictures for people to go off as well if you wanted.
Oh yea.. HAHA i actually used a lot of references from manga and stuff. The classes i pulled straight out of one and Dark Elves were included. I'm guessing the only difference would be appearance...

Oh yea.. HAHA i actually used a lot of references from manga and stuff. The classes i pulled straight out of one and Dark Elves were included. I'm guessing the only difference would be appearance...
That's what I figured the difference would be.
I play World of Warcraft so i was going off those types.

Oh the offer is tempting. I should be able to get a character sheet up by tomorrow <3

full.jpg
Just because I'm told to, doesn't mean I have to.
Name
Leila Steffler

Nickname
Lei, Leia, Lily

Height
5'4"

Weight
118 lbs

Eye Colour
Dark Grey

Hair Colour
Dark brown​
Person of interest
None, may develop.​

Lulu Tzukino | Stranger
Having not met them yet, she doesn't even know of their existence.

Alexandra Sterling | Stranger

Logan Manchester | Stranger

Lachlan O'Keyte | Stranger
Having not met them yet, she doesn't even know of their existence.​

Personality
She is lazy. Leila isn't the most brightest of the bunch, nor is she ever motivated to really do anything. She is a kinetic learner, ironically, so if she wants to pass school with flying colors, she has to do her homework because no matter how much she listens to lessons, she can never get it. She does like studying, but only when she has absolutely nothing else to do to kill the time. She seems to be quite logical, but at the same time, she enjoys the thought of magic and mages if that were a real thing. It's also oddly easy to tell her one's feelings on something else, as she will listen quietly without judging. Instead, she would just give advice with a drowsy expression on her face. Not very feminine, but she can be pretty arrogant once you get to know her. She's actually fairly talkative, if someone were to even bother to hang out with her.

Bio
Leila grew up in a rather strict house-hold, where she was always expected and pressured to do good in her academics. Of course, she did try, and she got outstanding results. However, those results were never enough for her parents, and they kept verbally and emotionally lashed at the young girl. As she grew older, she realized that, trying just wasn't worth it anymore. No matter how hard she tried, no matter what awards she got, she was always going to be yelled at, she was always going to be scolded, and so lost the motivation to do better. She decided to just settle for her average mark of 90%-95%, and went on her regular routine of school until is just became second nature to her. She started going on her laptop more often, and eventually stumbled upon Second Life. Curious, she decided to join in with an old console that her older cousin gave to her. Eventually, she became a regular, as she actually had some fun in the game. It was her only escape from reality, anyways.

Sleeping, going on her laptop, listening to music, studying.

Dislikes
Nagging people, getting nagged at, being rushed, feeling pressured.​

Extra
Her laziness mainly originates from her hopelessness.
In her school, she is considered a genius, but she prefers not taking that title.
At her age, she already has numerous universities and collages offering her a scholarship.
Her parents decided to leave her to live with her grandparents, who are much more nicer on her and she helps the elderly couple.​

2015-10-12-775981.png
Since I'm here, I might as well do something.
Name
Sephia

Race
Dark Elf

Job
Mage

Height
5'5"

Weight
122 lbs

Eye Colour
Greyish

Hair Colour
Dark brown/Black

Guild
The Dark Army

Party
TBD

Relationships
Jinx | Friend
Jinx helps her out online, since she is fairly new. She considers Jinx a good friend, and appreciates the help.

Extra
Her current level is 12, therefore fairly new to being a mage.
Currently, her magic isn't very advanced, and may end up setting a tree on fire by accident due to getting the hang of using magic.
Online, she is much more mature and feminine.
She views her online persona as 'The type of person she would have become should she had been raised normally'.​

IRL

Name: Lachlan O'Keyte
Nickname: Lockie (to close people)
Appearance:
8e8dcec15081c4bbb2e7eea592322319.jpg

Height: 6'1"
Weight: 165 lbs
Eye Colour: Hazel
Hair Colour: Black
Person of interest: Alexandra Sterling
Relationships: Alexandra Sterling, Leila Steffler
Personality: Lachlan is very protective over those who he is fond of, and is particularly easy to get along with. He is optimistic to a degree, but is also very realistic and doesn't have very high expectations. He is also ambitious, and seeks to have a career in art and music. Despite this, he comes across as very laid back and spirited.
Bio: Lachlan was born into a large family, with seven brothers and four sisters. As he is the fourth son and seventh child of his parents, he never received a lot of attention at home until very recently, since he is now the oldest son still at home. His father is a drunk and his mother is constantly ill, so he takes it upon himself to raise his five younger siblings and take care of his mother, and is for all intents and purposes the man of the house now. However, Lachlan is hoping to move into a new apartment with a roommate as soon as his mother recovers from her illness. In order to alleviate the stress he faces at home, he plays Second Life, a world in which he can escape the demands of reality.
Likes: Honesty, art, playing guitar, smoking, green apples
Dislikes: People who lie to him, selfish people, violence, red apples
Extra: He smokes, but he is not addicted and only does so to alleviate boredom

OL

Name: Elias
Race: Human
Job: Warrior
Appearance:
tumblr_mbpkqvZo6h1r0i38jo7_r1_1280.png

Height: 6'1"
Weight: 165 lbs
Eye Colour: Brown