Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don't know

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
S

Seiji

Original poster
Do you believe in the concept of soul mates? Why, or why not?

Nope. Because that precludes any other possible meaningful relationships further down the line.

However, I am dating and sleeping with the most awesome woman in the universe at the moment.

I'd say yes, because well you never said there couldn't me more then one.

I vote no. I am sadly a very reality based person. c____c I believe in love, in love at first sight, etc. Love is something that can be developed mentally, or triggered physically. But not soul mates. That implies something that includes Destiny and Fate, intelligent design, etc. Where scientifically that sort of thing doesn't make any sense. D:

...but I do LOVE the IDEA of soul mates. I think it's romantic. .___.

Yeah I do believe in it some what.... I don't know why I just do; it's just something that I really can't explain

I am more of the Love at first sight that I believe in 100%.

1 + 1 ≠ 1, motherfuckers! 1 + 1 = 2.

Your ass is born whole! You can become broken but there ain't nobody out there meant to "complete" you, you arrogant bastards.

Any individual can be compatible with more than one person, so the concept of soul mates seems to really limit things. I therefore don't really believe in it. I've always been a scientific thinker, though. Thinking with my head instead of my heart gets me into less trouble.

It seems silly (and I'm hoping others here don't lynch me!) but I do. It defies logic and honestly, I don't try to argue my viewpoint with others. However, I think that there is a possibility to find one person with whom you are entirely in sync. This does not, in my mind, exclude any meaningful relationships, jus that you and this one person will share a deep connection, not meaning that you can have no loving, happy marriage without them and also not meaning that you can just expect something to work.
I'm going to slip out quietly now >> <<;

Funny enough, while I wouldn't go so far as to say I believe in soul mates, I find the idea of people you mesh with on every level and the possibility that you will find them much easier to except then love at first sight. Lust at first sight I believe in, but not love. Love requires you to be present to so much and unless we're playing for unrequited, it requires both of you at nearly the same time to be hyper sensitive.

I believe in it. Don't ask why.... it just sticks in my head ^.^;;

I believe it's time I add my perspective, now that you lot have given me yours!

I believe in the concept of soul mates, but I don't believe in the concept of "one true loves." I believe that there are people, a hand full of people out there, that you will get along with on every level. You can be identical, or polar opposites, and from opposite walks of life, and everything will mesh perfectly, like two pieces of a missing puzzle coming together. You won't necessarily be romantic together, but you will be the best of friends. These people, if you find them, will be the people you keep in your life for the rest of your life. And if you do become romantic with them...

Well, you've found your one true love.

Does that make sense?

Love is as true as you make it, you partner's as true as they make theirs. The though that theres only one out there is as silly as it is sweet. Can you imagine if you had to find one person among the teaming billions. I use the term soulmates to mean two people completely devoted to each other.

I believe in basically what you said Seiji

I also believe in love at first sight under one and only one circumstance, I believe in it when a parent first looks upon their child and they no nothing other then love. I'm not saying all parents experience this but I think that its true with those that do.

I believe in soulmates, but I believe that one person may have several soulmates around the world, it's just a matter of proximity. Where the soulmates live at the time. Love at first sight, when related to people other than children, has the tendancy to lie to the lovers

I believe it's POSSIBLE.

FOR SOME REASON.

Also, I feel this must be done:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sRYNYb30nxU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sRYNYb30nxU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Really couldn't resist throwing something like this in here.