Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
  4. Agender
  5. Primarily Prefer Male
  6. No Preferences
Genres
Adventure. Angels and demons. Apocalyptic. Arthurian. Comedy. Dystopian. Fantasy. Historical. Horror. Post-apocalyptic. Romance. Science fiction. Supernatural.
Despite having roleplayed online since I was in my early teens, it's only recently that I've actually been in a roleplay where one of the active characters shares my name. However, I am primarily addressed by my middle name irl, and I've also found myself in my first roleplay where a character has that name. I've seen my name around a lot, though. One time I even found a 1x1 where a character with my first name was in a ship with a character using my middle name. And another time I was checking out a roleplay that I was not in (but my friend was) and there was a character sharing my name who spent the entire first paragraph hating on it.

How about you? Is your name common in the world of RPing? What was it like the first time you encountered it? Do you even blink at it anymore? How do you feel about RPing with your namesake? Have you had any interesting experiences with it?

Surprisingly, I don't see my names anywhere. Not my middle name, not my first name, not even my common nickname my friends and teachers call me (that being Fen).

When I do see it, it's more like a 'huh, interesting' moment. Cool to see my name somewhere, confuse someone for talking about me for a second, and then move on with my day.

I have actually a pretty common name where there were two other students just in my grade in school that also shared the same name!
Though, it seems in the world of RPing, it's a much less common name and I haven't come across it yet

Since my actual name exists out of several parts I have seen parts around. They are popular parts, but never as a whole. Surprisingly I haven't seen anyone us my English name, however, even if I shared classes with six others with that name.

When I see parts of my name being used I generally don't blink or react to it. Though, I did come across someone who was completely butchering the whole language and meaning behind the origin and character of a part of my name, which is common when people choose names from a language they carry no understanding of, but it was rare to see it happen to a character that is actually part of my name. My reaction to that was just to click away and ignore it.

Reactions: ImaginationGoneWild
I've 1x1 RP'd with someone who used my birth name (or I guess more appropriately now it's my 'deadname') and I found it hilarious at the time. I told them "aayy cool that's my name too" and they got nervous, asked if I wanted them to change it, but I assured them it was no biggie. I'm not the almighty president of my first name, everyone is welcome to it.

Outside of that, I have seen the same name come up in several RPs over the years. I don't think much of it beyond 'Yeah, it's a name a lot of people seem to like for some reason' and I move on. xD I will sometimes wonder though how the characters pronounce their name, because this particular name has more than a couplefew ways you can pronounce it. Depends on where you hail from.

Last edited:
Someone made a character that shared my name in a group RP that I was GMing, and since a lot of my friends know my real name, that led to a lot of confusion in OOC chat, lmao. That was the only time I've seen my name used, which is rather strange given it's a pretty common name.

I haven't seen my name anywhere in rping to be honest. Maybe it's because I solely do mxms rps and rarely there's a female character so my name doesn't crop up. But even when checking other rps I can't remember seeing my name. Personally I don't like using my name or other names of people I know irl in rps it takes me out of the rp and can ruin the whole vibe for me.

I make sure to ask people any names they wish me to avoid using and I provide them with the ones I prefer to avoid, which is only like 4 names.

my username is my irl nickname 😎

//havent encountered my name in rp i'm <in> yet, but saw it in several published novels!

I've seen my first name and middle name a couple times since they aren't very unique, but I've never roleplayed with someone using them. I don't think I could, just the thought makes me feel kinda weird LOL

The funniest thing I've ever seen though was someone naming their oc for a fanfic with my exact name. Like first AND last EXACTLY. You find the silliest stuff when you google your full name LMAO

For my first name being incredibly common, I have not actually ever seen it rp'd before. Maybe thats a good thing cause its bleh