Your Mind Is The Scene Of The Plot

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Theta Vanish

Original poster
For a while now, I've been wanting to do a story that surrounds the use of dream sharing and the PASIV device and the dream sharing concept as seen in the 2010 Nolan film, "INCEPTION." The plot doesn't necessarily have to follow any similar pattern that the film does, but hear me out here.

inception-bend1.jpg

In the story, an extractor (a thief who specializes in the use of dream sharing technology for the purposes of corporate espionage) encounters a woman in his travels who he becomes infatuated with and wishes to initiate a romantic relationship with her. To get to know her covertly, he privately pulls her into shared dreams and the two become attached. However, there's issues with this: (1) as a criminal, he lives life on the run; (2) she might be the object of a target's affections and continuing this in secret could spell disaster; (3) excessive use of dream sharing could result in one or both of them suffering from derealization and choosing to abandon reality for the sake of enjoying fantasy.

There's a lot of directions that I think this concept could honestly go, and hell. The plot structure could be entirely different from what I'm posting right now. But if this is something that could interest someone, feel free to shoot me a PM and we could talk about nailing down plot ideas and putting together an awesome story!

NOTE: Also, given that I am known for putting out ads for roleplays with furry characters, this is not one to be exclusively furry at all. I can do human, furry, or both depending on your preferences.

Status
Not open for further replies.