Your greatest fear/phobia!

• Thread starter Yus of the Conquest
  • Start date

th

ph34r.

Reactions: ZombiePenguins
Slugs. Hate them. Can't enter a room if there is one in it. they are just ughhhhhhhhh.... horrible

I have a very hard time with needles. Idk if it's an actual phobia but I do know it's a fear. Probably the only reason I fear getting shots is because I have a low pain tolerance and I don't like the feeling of it sticking into my skin or the pain. I can't even watch other people get shots-even on the news. Coincidentally, it's the strangest feeling having the needle actually in your arm and feeling the stuff inside be pushed in.

Oblivion, or rather, life after death. Since I don't really believe in an afterlife (heaven or hell really) I don't know what happens after I die. Dying itself isn't too bad, but what happens after I die?

1. Hot Ovens (I have the hardest time baking anything. D: )

2. When the power's out and the surge protector/external battery packs stashed around my house start beeping. It's even worse when they all sync together then get out of sync and cycle like that. :( There's something terrifying about that to me. I usually go outside and sit until the power comes back. Or if it's not a nice day/night, I go around my house turning off all of them (after the various sensitive electronics are safely shut down).

And that Ladies and Gentlemen is what I'm afraid of.

I have quite a few fears. Here's a few to list:
  • Spiders. Probably my biggest fear. I absolutely cannot stand spiders!! I freak out at the sight of a spider, even the little ones. I really don't understand how some people manage to keep tarantula-sized spiders as pets.
  • Heights (Well, more like scared of falling). I don't particularly like looking down from extremely tall heights due to fear of falling from them.
  • The dark (or what could be in it). As a child, I used to be really scared of the dark. As an adult now, I'm not as scared. I still don't really like it, though. Mainly because of my silly imagination of what could be in the dark i.e. monsters and ghosts.
  • Small/tight spaces. I'm a little bit claustrophobic. I like to have a lot of room to move around in, not cramped in an enclosed space.

My chief fear is any harm coming to my friends. I'm a very protective person, and I kind of freak if someone gets hurt. Working on curbing that because I'll be more efficient as a medic if I'm calm.
I'm sociophobic, although that's more a constant anxiety and a fear of what could happen when I talk to someone rather than being afraid of talking in the first place.
Beyond that, I'm terrified at the prospect of losing digits. No particular reason; I think I just really value my fine control. This extends to scissors and any other object that looks like it could be used for that purpose; for all my knowledge and fanboying over bladed objects in fiction, I'm almost hoplophobic because all I can think of if I hold one is it slicing off a finger. Fuck cigar cutters.

Also, helicopters. Not flying or heights. Helicopters.

Fuck helicopters.

Haven't really encountered much that I am super scared of yet.
Probs what I find most scary is being alone in the dark, and it's completely silent

Being in complete darkness, alone, without a clue where I am, or how to escape.

And being alone in general.

Reactions: Brovo
My greatest fears? Spiders, cockroaches, isolation, and rejection. Sadly, I've already encountered the last in my past years.

As a child, I had a fear of falling. My dad promptly caught onto this and put me through multiple summers at a Ropes course. That and a couple helicopter rides fixed the issue.

Then there were bugs, not all bugs, just the big ones. I would even casually pick tic off of my neck after an adventure in the woods but would flip my shit if a dragonfly landed on me. This lasted for a while, but kinds just went away over the years to the point where I really don't care what wants to land on me.

The only fear I might still have is the fear of an afterlife. I see death as a final end, a great sleep where I can rest from the stress of life. I desire a sudden death, but I know I might have to deal with a slow and agonizing one. I have accepted this and moved on, but the thought that I might continue and linger on, with the experience of that loss of life, scares me. I don't care if I could go to heaven and forever be drinking partners with Jesus, I just want a well-deserved rest after my life.

• Pain of Death: A distinct fear from death itself. I don't place a lot of value on my life, but I can't handle pain. I'm a very, very weak person, emotionally and otherwise. Leftovers from when I was suicidal, I imagine... but well, more on below.
  • Hurting or Negative Impacting Others: I have a horrible time with guilt. The prospect of making someone upset on accident just terrifies me, and when I feel I've done it, I kind of shut down, freak out, panic, can't breathe, and I have to, have to, get confirmation from them that I didn't upset them. Even over completely trivial things. I can't cope with upsetting someone, and while I know why I'm like this, it hasn't helped in me not continuing this pattern of behaviour.
  • Misunderstanding Reality: There's a lot of my life that I can't remember. That's fine. But when I say what I do remember, I have this uncertainty with the events because I have this problem with lying when stressed. I know I'll lie, but the thing is I don't know how many things I've said are lies or not. I have to remind myself that I am actually physically sick, and that the doctors proved this, because sometimes I sit and think that I just made that up and don't believe it to be real until I talk myself back out of it... and that scares me.
  • And continuing the Pain of Death fear: I don't actually know if I was ever actually suicidal. I know the facts of it. That when I was 17 I took a knife in the woods by myself, was out there pacing for about 30 minutes with the knife, had a nose bleed, and then came back home, went to bed, woke up, and then the next morning at school turned myself in for being suicidal. But I don't know if I was telling the truth. I know that I freaked out and had to be handcuffed by the police so I would stop hurting myself, but I don't know if what I say is why I did that is actually why I did that. I don't know if I came back because I saw blood on the knife, or if I put blood on the knife myself. This not knowing is terrifying. Now stretch that out over a longer period of time (several years), with more times having to be hospitalized and more suicidal periods... that's a lot of my life that scares me.
  • Heights: But for oddly small distances. Standing on a chair? Fuck you, fuck off. Climbing a ladder? Depends on the ladder mostly. The balcony 15 floors up? I can lean against that and look down, no issue. Because including a more typical fear, I guess.
  • Moths: Fuck you, moths. I have a problem with most flying bugs, after horseflies attacked me that one time. But then when I went to Guatemala, I developed a particular aversion to moths after one the size of a shoe landed on my chest and flipped its shit almost as much as I flipped mine.

Last edited by a moderator: