Your First Time

Eight years ago was when I first roleplayed. I did this on Neopets.com, haha. At first I did the dweeby kind where I roleplayed my Neopets as they were, in wolf packs or whatever. Then someone introduced me to "anthro", and that's what I took a liking too. Not too long after that, I discovered I was weirded out by furries and drew my pets as human beings instead, sometimes with animal features like ears, tails, etc. xP I'm not proud of that, but that's how it all began for me...

I later on was banned for smut RP-ing (yep, I wrote dirty stuff even then, bwahaha.) and went on to REAL roleplays with fewer restrictions. I've gone through 3 forums, including this one. However, Iwaku's the only one that's survived. Good times...

I don't write quite as much as I used to because real life dominates my creative mind, but I stick around to chat where I can and contribute when I'm able. :]

I started roleplaying back in high school, when the first edition of Dungeons and Dragons came out. Some of my relatives also started playing then (including my mother). When I got into college, I joined the local role-playing club, and spread out to Champions (super-hero) and science fiction games (including Traveller).
Actually, looking back on my childhood, a lot of the games my siblings and I played were basically roleplaying; we had established characters with (mostly) defined abilities and personalities that went on adventures of various sorts. We even (briefly) tried to draw a comic strip of our characters.

Hello, everyone. I, too, am a roleplaying addict...

For me, it's hard to draw the line of when I "started". I began trying to write novels when I was in middle school, and one of my close friends and I had a notebook that we traded back and forth with stories. So that for me was a way to develop characters, work out plots, and interact with my "partner". Ee didn't actually call it roleplaying, even though we each had a separate character in the story that only we wrote as! God, if you do count that, I suppose I've technically been roleplaying for...7 years!

Then my brother and I started messing around with our own amateur version of D&D. We by no means followed the rules, but we came up with complex stories about goblin kings, mage universities, and all sorts of fun stuff. Me being the person that I am, our campaigns often took many sessions and they were all very character-driven.

Then I moved on to video games and eventually forum play by post. I never consistently fleshed out a single character and stuck with her until I joined an absolutely excellent Harry Potter rp site (whose server is currently down...perhaps why I sought out more open rp opportunities!)

So when people ask how much experience I have, I usually just guesstimate a year or two, because I'm still fairly new to the online rp community and all of its customs, although I've been doing it on my own for quite some time! :)