Your favorite quotes from TV/video games/etc.

W

WAHlelujah

Original poster
We all have favorite quotes from our favorite shows, favorite video games, favorite whatever that you've heard or read what fictional characters have said. Did they say something asinine that got you laughing, say something that got you to nod, etc.?

What are your favorites? I will respond back with my favorite quotes too.

" Ain't about the price, suit." -Stand for, Emojiand
" We live in the future,we live in the past, instead of in moments as long as they last." -Anyway, Emojland
"And if you've known evil, don't mean to contrive, but spelling it backwards just proves you're alive." -Anyway, Emojiland

That's jus the latest on my favorite quotes.

Reactions: WAHlelujah
Those are nice quotes. I hadn't thought about evil just being live backwards either haha.

Some favorite quotes including funny in my opinion of mine:

"A business is like a puppy. Take your eyes off it, and soon there's shit all over your floor." -Varric Tethras from Dragon Age: II

"I live in the real world, where men sell propane and propane accessories. What do YOU do?" -Hank Hill from King of the Hill

"Hey Bob-Omb, did anyone ever tell you you were UUUUUGLY? I've seen better looking bombs after they exploded. I bet you have to sneak up on a match just to get a light." -Toad from The Super Mario Bros. Super Show.

"I dreamed of a unified Japan. Of a country strong and independent and modern... Now we have railroads and cannon and Western clothing. But we cannot forget who we are. Or where we come from."--Emperor Meiji The Last Samurai.

"If it means getting my tunnels, I'll build an island too."--Eizen Tales of Berseria.

"Nailed it, I know, thank you, moving on."--Cloud Strife FF7 Remake.

"If we lose credibility just by admitting fault, we didn't have any in the first place!" - Admiral Fujitora

Jeffrey, when I was born, I got my umbilical cord wrapped around my neck, both arms, and one of my ankles. Mom said there came a point when the doctor stopped delivering me and just started laughing. I mean, if I ever let being bad at something stop me, I wouldn't be here. That thing some men call 'failure,' I call 'living.' 'Breakfast.' And I'm not leaving until I've cleaned out the buffet. Now, how about a shove?

- Pierce Hawthorne - Community: Season 1 - Episode 19: Beginner Pottery.

The hardest battles are fought in the mind.

- Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice

A... creature plunged out of the gloom. There is a phrase 'neither flesh nor fowl nor good red herring'. This thing was all of them, plus some other bits of beasts unknown to science or nightmare or even kebab.

- Unseen Academicals - Terry Pratchett

William Parrish (Meet Joe Black) : I thought I was going to sneak away tonight. What a glorious night. Every face I see is a memory. It may not be a perfectly perfect memory. Sometimes we had our ups and downs. But we're all together, and you're mine for a night. And I'm going to break precedent and tell you my one candle wish: that you would have a life as lucky as mine, where you can wake up one morning and say, "I don't want anything more." Sixty-five years. Don't they go by in a blink?

"Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you."
- Tyrion Lannister, Game of Thrones

"I can do this all day" - Steve Rogers, Captain America: The First Avenger

"Shakespeare in the park? Doth mother know, you weareth her drapes?" - Tony Stark, The Avengers

"But you have heard of me" - Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean

"Hello, brother" - Damon Salvatore, The Vampire Diaries

"Girl, you oughta bash Mister's head open and think about heaven later!"

- Sofia to Celie, The Color Purple

Context: Celie - a demure young woman married to the abusive Mister - discourages Sofia from fighting against her own husband Harpo who attempted to beat her (with disastrous results). Celie tries to rationalize complacency with abuse by saying, "This life be ova soon. Heaven last always." Sofia spits out the aforementioned line and stomps away like the boss she is.

Last edited:
Reactions: MWMASkairipa
tumblr_o2ftgmrily1v603u7o1_500.png
Jessica Jones 🤪

Also very inspiring:
"You are not special. You're not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else. We're all part of the same compost heap. We're all singing, all dancing crap of the world."
From Fight Club.

"Your friends, your family, your beloved ones, are the ones who hurt you the most. You'll have to deal with that" - death grips short film