Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Apocalypse Now

Ghostbusters (1984)

From Russia With Love

Casablanca

Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade

The Terminator

The Wizard Of Oz

Kill Bill (I consider the saga as one film - Tarantino intended it to be viewed this way)

Reactions: OnI6470
Kingsmen: The Secret Service (2015): I was not expecting this to be so great and amazing as it is, I knew february was a bad movie junk yard, but Kingsmen looked cool and i liked spy movies. I loved every minute and i laughed my ass off. One of my favorite movies of 2015 and i can never get bored of it.

Captain America: Winter Soldier (2014): My all time favorite marvel film, i found captain america dull before this movie and now he's one of my favorite, also found black widow really awesome and more likable. Great storyline, great villain and it set up one of my most anticipated sequels, civil war!

Guardians of the Galaxy (2014): My close second favorite marvel film, i was a bit worried about this movie, a talking tree and a talking raccoon, with no developed already marvel characters, so this was a risk. But it ended up being really great, with great humor from all the cast. And rocket became one of my favorite characters in the mcu.

Princess Bride (1987): This movie is a classic, it's witty humor and great characters complete this movie. Whenever i'm bored i watch this.

Reactions: grey987 and OnI6470
Guardians of the Galaxy (2014): My close second favorite marvel film, i was a bit worried about this movie, a talking tree and a talking raccoon, with no developed already marvel characters, so this was a risk. But it ended up being really great, with great humor from all the cast. And rocket became one of my favorite characters in the mcu.
To be honest, when I first watched Guardians of the Galaxy, I was kind of disappointed and surprised at how much people liked it.

The ending/plot/overall scenes were... Just, I dunno, cliche to me? Sob story at the beginning, some romance whiz in the middle, "hold my hand!" kinda type thing at the end, just... I dunno.

I gotta agree with you on CA:WS (I didn't watch the first movie though).

Some of my favourites, in no specific order, randomly picked among the movies I've given the highest score on a movie site.

This is England (2006)
Lost Highway (1997)
Citizen Kane (1941)
Cinema Paradiso (1988)
Love's A Bitch (2001)
Synecdoche, New York (2008)
Die Hard (1988)
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective (1994)
The Diving Bell and the Butterfly (2007)
Inland Empire (2006)
Open Your Eyes (1997)
12 Angry Men (1957)
The Chaser (2008)
Sátántangó (1994)
In the Woods (1951)
The 400 Blows (1959)
Life of Brian (1979)
Elite Squad 2 (2010)
Memories of Murder (2003)
4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days (2007)

V for Vendetta
Tombstone
The Princess Bride
Rocky Horror Picture Show
Chicago
Aladdin
The Salton Sea
SLC Punk
The Goonies

The movie top of the list is definitely my #1, but the others are somewhere in my top ten but not necessarily in the order written.

American History X
The Silence of the Lambs
American Beauty
Pulp Fiction
The Usual Suspects
Guardians of the Galaxy
Gangs of New York
The Truman Show
Dogma
Memento

Reactions: Astaroth
To be honest, when I first watched Guardians of the Galaxy, I was kind of disappointed and surprised at how much people liked it.

The ending/plot/overall scenes were... Just, I dunno, cliche to me? Sob story at the beginning, some romance whiz in the middle, "hold my hand!" kinda type thing at the end, just... I dunno.
[2]

I still think Guardians of the Galaxy is still a good movie, but it is also the most over-hyped movie I have ever seen (other than Star Wars Episode 7). o_o
And a lot of current Marvel movies are clearly better than it in my opinion.

The Host (2006) This is from Korea! not confound with the other (same name) from the writer of Twilight
Full Metal Jacket (1987)
I Saw the Devil (2010)
Kung Fu Hustle (2004)
Shaolin Soccer (2001)

-chokes and splutters-
I'm sorry, what?
If you're talking about the post above, it's mentioning a film with a similar name than that of a book that's by the same author. Not saying that they themselves like Twilight.

There's so many. Notable ones are:

The Crow
Guardians of the Galaxy
Deadpool
Zootopia
The Lion King
Any number of Miyazaki films
Death Trance (prays for sequel)
The Locker
Neighbor No. 13
Escape from NY/LA
Lake Placid
Cloverfield
Any Jackie Chan film(even the sad ones)
My Name is Trinity
The Rundown
Balto
Mulan
The Last Samurai
King Kong (1933) I watched the death out of it
The Man with the Golden Gun
Modern Times
Son of Paleface
All the Pokemon movies. They make me happy.
Killer Klowns For Outer Space
Freddy vs. Jason
Saving General Yang
Maximum Overdrive
Tremors
Legend

And so many other films that I don't remember currently.

If you're talking about the post above, it's mentioning a film with a similar name than that of a book that's by the same author. Not saying that they themselves like Twilight.
Oh, I see.

Besides that, I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but... that Twilight is on the kind of level that I have no idea how anyone sensible can like it. -shudders at the thought of it-

Status
Not open for further replies.