Your favorite films?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything on your list, except for Zootopia, The Martian, an Deadpool (Because I haven't seen any of them.) I think I've watched The Lego Movie at least a hundred times, and I still can't get bored with it.
Mate, you need to go see those movies, like, ASAP. I'd recommend that you at least read The Martian book by Andy Weir, if you haven't already; it's far better than the movie anyways, and that's saying a lot since the movie was Awesome.

Mate, you need to go see those movies, like, ASAP. I'd recommend that you at least read The Martian book by Andy Weir, if you haven't already; it's far better than the movie anyways, and that's saying a lot since the movie was Awesome.
I honestly wasn't expecting The Martian to be as good as it was. But it was very good.

Reactions: Hatsune Candy
If y'all like the Martian book. Seveneves is a book worthy to consider. It a pretty hard-science ficition about humanity building a spacestation to survive the end of the world. I am halfway trough the book, and while technical, it is never to much so. Atleast not to me. Halfway in, it jumps in time and become theoretical hard-scifi.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of my favourite movies would be;

Requiem for a dream
Mad Max: Fury Road
The Lion King
Children of Men
The Naked Gun
Inception
The Dark Knight trilogy
12 Monkeys
Love Exposure
Redline
John Wick
He Never Died

Reactions: OnI6470
Thought I'd just throw my top 5 faves here too!

Alien - One of my all time favourite Horrors. has one of the best taglines too; "In space, nobody can hear you scream..." Hands down possibly one of my all time faves.

Godzilla (2014) - I love this movie, sure the human parts post Brian Cranston aren't all that great? but god damn this movie is a fantastic homage to the first Godzilla movie. I love this American Adaptation and can't wait for the next one, which will have my all time favourite Kaiju; KING FUCKIN GHIDORAH!

Oldboy - What a thriller, arguably the best Foreign movie I've ever seen and easily one of the best movies in general. the story, the mood, and that fuckin corridor scene are just top notch.

The Fifth Element - Not the greatest movie ever, but I love the cast and premise so much considering its a "SAVE DA UUURRRRF" Sci-Fi romp. A movie I can watch over and over again.

The Raid 1 and 2 - Possibly my all time favourite gritty Action/Martial Arts movie. Stand aside Expendables, The Raid is schooling you on how to do gritty action. These two movies are fantastic and deserve at least a gander.

• Love
Thought I'd just throw my top 5 faves here too!

Alien - One of my all time favourite Horrors. has one of the best taglines too; "In space, nobody can hear you scream..." Hands down possibly one of my all time faves.

Godzilla (2014) - I love this movie, sure the human parts post Brian Cranston aren't all that great? but god damn this movie is a fantastic homage to the first Godzilla movie. I love this American Adaptation and can't wait for the next one, which will have my all time favourite Kaiju; KING FUCKIN GHIDORAH!

Oldboy - What a thriller, arguably the best Foreign movie I've ever seen and easily one of the best movies in general. the story, the mood, and that fuckin corridor scene are just top notch.

The Fifth Element - Not the greatest movie ever, but I love the cast and premise so much considering its a "SAVE DA UUURRRRF" Sci-Fi romp. A movie I can watch over and over again.

The Raid 1 and 2 - Possibly my all time favourite gritty Action/Martial Arts movie. Stand aside Expendables, The Raid is schooling you on how to do gritty action. These two movies are fantastic and deserve at least a gander.
My man. ALl those are fucking exellent

The Help- I will say, because I'm a snob, I preferred the book. HOWEVER, that doesn't mean that this isn't one of the greatest films in the entire damn world. The cast was absolutely fantastic, and seeing my favorite book brought to life was absolutely awesome. They did a fantastic job of depicting the struggles of the African American community at the time, as well as the uptight social structure of southern belles. I cried and laughed and cried and laughed through the entire movie.

Die Hard- Do I really need to explain why this is a fantastic fucking movie? I mean, for one, the characters are all BRILLIANT and the villain is one of the most beautifully crafted antagonists in all of fiction. Paired with an intensely suspenseful and action-packed plotline, (not to mention iconic lines and a Christmas theme) it's utter perfection.

Amelie- Oh my lord, this film is SO damn French. It's a romantic comedy of sorts, but the romance doesn't really happen until the end. It's rather abstract and avant-garde, but with an absolutely fascinating narration and plot arc style. It can be a little off-putting for those new to foreign films (can I sound any more like a douchebag?) at first, but definitely one of the greatest, weirdest, funniest movies ever. Additionally, it has one of the most beautiful instrumental soundtracks in all of cinematic history, in my opinion. Definitely worth a watch, but not one for the kiddies. It's not about sex, but the French don't really like be censored.

Robin Hood (Disney)- I grew up on this. Still a favorite to this day.

Deadpool- I'm putting this on because even though I think I'm still just hyped, I really did enjoy it. And I'm not someone who loves Marvel or DC movies all that much. (I know, I know, sue me.) I love the comics and I do consider myself a fan of the franchise, but the movies have all kinda been eh for me. Deadpool made me laugh though, and that's the difference. It suited my dry, vulgar sense of humor much more than any of the others, and besides, Deadpool has always been a favorite character of mine. It wasn't a cinematic masterpiece, but it was fun to watch.

Here are some of my favorites:

v1.bTsxMTE3MDAzOTtqOzE3MDI3OzIwNDg7ODAwOzEyMDA

all-6-fast-furious-movies.jpg

DVD-cover.jpg

latest

Atlantis_the_lost_empire_cover.png

Fatal-Attraction-Paramount-Pictures-1.jpg

01-Road-House-front.jpg

Big Trouble in Little China (1986)
Hellboy 1 & 2
House of Flying Daggers (2004)
Hero (2002)
Curse of the Golden Flower (2006)

Reactions: Astaroth
Starship Troopers: Another lifelong favorite of mine, it hasn't lost it's appeal with age. A quick moving plot that's a fun satire about fascism with Michael Fucking Ironside and Neil Goddamn Patrick Harris and the guys responsible for Jurassic Park's visual effects, it's a bloody and campy film that isn't afraid to have fun and throw some crazy spectacles at you. The arachnids are some of the best creature designs I've seen in a movie.
YAAAAAS!

It's campy to the extreme, but a little ham can be a lot of fun. Plus it's special effects still hold up today (so long as you don't think about how all the soldiers are shooting above the bugs instead of at them).

Reactions: Dervish
YAAAAAS!

It's campy to the extreme, but a little ham can be a lot of fun. Plus it's special effects still hold up today (so long as you don't think about how all the soldiers are shooting above the bugs instead of at them).
Doing boot camp nearly destroyed the movie for me. It takes a while to appreciate regular old action movies when you've been busting your ass off learning how to do things properly as a soldier.

I got better, though!

Reactions: Grothnor
I'm the Senior Medic for an infantry company, we have these two fucking Squad Leaders who make Starship Troopers references all the time.

One of them is a red-head, he makes his squad refer to themselves as "Redhead's Roughnecks!" I've heard him yell shit during attacks like, "c'mon you apes, you wanna live forever?!," and "the only good FIB is a dead FIB!"

(FIB, or Fucking Illinois Bastard, cause we were fighting a company from around Chicago.)

The other guy just gets really into stuff and once had me "aquire" some moulage and fake blood so his guys could run into battle with their entire bodies decorated in gore. The whole time he's screaming, "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!"

The other guy just gets really into stuff and once had me "aquire" some moulage and fake blood so his guys could run into battle with their entire bodies decorated in gore. The whole time he's screaming, "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!"
Send this dude and his squad into combat, give them MORE DAKKA and just watch the carnage from a safe place.

1. Coraline

2. The Fantastic Mr. Fox

3. Bridge to Terabithia

4. Pan's Labyrinth

5. Lilo and Stitch

Young Frankenstein (1974)
The Mask (1994)
Men in Black (1997)
Black Hawk Down (2001)

Blazing Saddles, A History of the World Part 1, Spaceballs, the Matrix trilogy, and the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

In no particular order:

Once Upon a Time in the West (1968)

Paprika (2006)

Unforgiven (1992)

Fearless (2006)

Heavy Traffic (1973)

I'm just... gonna list the first few movies that come to mind.

1. SECRET OF KELLS! Man, this movie was so mystic and the animation was so nice I think I cried tbh.
  2. Coraline! I remember absolutely loving this movie, I gotta rewatch it again.
  3. Pitch Black! I have watched the rest of the Riddick Chronicles, but Pitch Black is the absolute. Best.
  4. MAD MAX: FURY ROAD
  5. Alien! Don't know whether it's 1 or 2, but it definitely kept me hooked.
  6. SIGNS. Watched this when I was a wee lil bab, the atmosphere really got me.
  7. The first three movies of Star Wars.
  8. Howl's Moving Castle.
  9. The Martian.
  10. The Phantom of the Opera (but probably because I'm in a musical hype rn)
And many more that I can't remember...

Status
Not open for further replies.