Young Justice - In The Shadow Of The Light

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kid Flash shook his head just a little to himself over the thoughts he was just having about taking this job, things didn't seem too shabby the more he thought about it. Wasn't like his dad was going anywhere... super fast. As they were directed towards the zeta tubes Kid Flash almost turned into a little boy at the toy store on Christmas. His dad always told him about the things but seeing them up close, more importantly getting to actually USE it. That was something Wally's been aching to do for years. He approached only for some of the others to get to it first. He waited, rather impatiently, as Artemis got scanned. Though even from behind she looked really nervous about it. Must not be that use to the idea.

Kid Flash walked with swagger up to the machine as it scanned him. Giving a 'Authorization granted: Kid Flash, Code: B04'. "Yeah B04 up in the house!" Kid Flash said aloud without even thinking about it. Stepping through the teleporting machine he found himself with the others and the guy named Mr. Terrific. On top of having some really interesting looking balls floating around him. It was that tattoo looking thing on his face that caught Kid Flash's attention. Is that paint or...? Still when the other heroes got called away both Wally and Barry visibly frowned to one another before Barry gave Wally an encouraging smile and nod. Neither saying anything but Wally clearly getting his dad's encouragement and embracing it. "Man that is totally going to be us soon." Kid Flash pointed out as he gestured to the older heroes leaving. "Just totally being awesome and going to handle things in an awesome fashion. Just plain awesome..."

Taking a deep breath the female amazon stepped up to the transport. As she did so her mind wandered back to the moments just before. Diana had stood there looking proud at Donna. Then the call came in and in that instant Diana was off. Not physically, not then. But mentally. She was already plotting and planning and visualizing, basically being a good daughter of Themyscira. For Diana was truly a princess and an excellent warrior. A measuring stick for all whom came after.

Authorization Granted:
Wonder Girl, Code B10

And the Hall of Justice was left behind. And most importantly her last link to anything familiar. She was alone, even surrounded by people. It was acute, more acute than previously. But she didn't let it effect her. Not anymore, she shoved it to the side and ignored it. Instead she concentrated on the man who was waiting for them. Mr Terrific if she remembered correctly from Batman's brief.

Of course the next few words apart from the welcome came from Kid Flash. A mile a minute. A phrase she had never heard before she came to this world, and one that she decided was quite apt for the kid. She looked around the new room, weighing and measuring.

Garth looked around, slightly disheartened at the news of Ocean Master's attack. Sure he was annoyed that that treacherous miscreant was once again causing trouble, all most likely in the hopes of ruling Atlantis once more, but what really hurt Garth the most was that it wasn't him running to the rescue. Garth knew the thought was stupid, but he couldn't help being jealous! The villain was partly the reason why he hadn't been welcome in Atlantis until Arthur had come along!

A look from Aquaman himself ceased all ill thoughts however. The mighty king gave him a reassuring smile, the look in his eyes understanding what Garth was feeling. Instantly the teen felt more at ease, smiling himself as his mentor passed him on his way out of the room, the orange clad hero giving him a pat on the shoulder as he did so.

Feeling more comfortable with the situation, Garth followed quickly behind his new team, his eyes scanning the group. They did seem like a reasonably friendly bunch. Sure Kid Flash would have to be taught that murdering and consuming fish is wrong but other than that Garth saw no problems. He knew several of them, few personally, but many simply from stories from Aquaman or from the news broadcasts that had been intercepted down in Atlantis. His eyes moved from Kid Flash to Robin. From what he had heard, Garth assumed that he would make a good leader in the field; a role Kal'dur held back home. He then noticed Wonder Woman's sidekick. Was it Wonder Girl? Regardless of her name, she seemed powerful. Garth even slightly blushed as he took in her womanly figure. Shaking his head of such thoughts, he spied another member of the team. This one wore the sigil of Superman. Oh Garth sure knew about Superman. No doubt this guy was tough! The Atlantean teen smiled. These guys seemed… nice?

Reaching the Zeta chamber, Aqualad continued forward. Even though he had travelled with these devices many times, Garth still jumped slightly as it spoke.

Authorization Granted:
Aqualad, Code B03

With a flash of light, his surroundings vanished, only for what appeared to be a cave, appear around him. Stepping forward, he walked towards the centre of the brightly lit room to where the rest of the team had gathered with Superman, just in time to hear him say how they weren't sidekicks. They were recruits. The thought gave Garth's heart a leap, although he remained silently, standing near the Amazonian girl. Garth stopped himself from ogling at the girl by looking ahead at Mister Terrific, who as Batman had said previously would be their "den master" of sorts. Garth knew little of the hero, although those flying doodads of his fascinated him. "Neptune's beard…" he said quietly, as he reached up to touch one of the floating orbs, his eyes filled with awe.

Tim smiled as he observed the reactions of the Team. While he himself had only been to the Mountain once, the instant Bruce had mentioned that it would be Young Justice's base Tim had instantly hacked into the Justice League computers to learn the layout. Bruce had probably know he would have done so just by the mention...so he figured he had approval.

"Kid Flash is reacting as expected. Hyper and all over the place. He seems a little more insecure than I expected. Odd. That might be a good thing though if it can shift from insecurity to just simple humility. Aqualad seems to have a similar reaction to my thoughts...though Neptune's Beard? Hmm, perhaps I should ask him more about Atlantean culture at a later date. Wonder Girl seems very uncomfortable, if she was closer I would engage her in conversation but she seems to have focused herself now. Artemis seems appreciative. Her stance indicates a sarcastic remark. It's...cute."

Tim turned to the arrowette with a smile and offered his gloved hand to the girl,

"We already know each other's names, but I'm Robin. "

Artemis observed the others as they came through. She grinned at Aqualad's outburst, finding his words funny and interesting. An extravagant outburst.

Artemis almost flinched when Robin started talking to her, but masked it with a laugh. Taking is gloved hand she shook it, not to firm but not to hard, "Artemis."

Artemis observed him, trying to get a good reading in him. Defensive mechanism. But from what she knew about Robin was he worked directly under Batman, who had helped her come up with a cover story and get her this far. Batman was a decent guy therefore Robin must be, but she couldn't judge somebody by there parent or guardian, after all she hadn't ended up like her father.

So from the outer exterior observation she gathered that he wasn't a threat and that's all she could go off of for now, "It's a pleasure to meet you, how was your tour of the Hall of Justice earlier?" Her right cheek twitched and a small lopsided grin showed on her face. She wanted to strike a conversation and be likeable in Robin's eyes, and wasn't sure what kind of approach to take. This was the first member of the new team she was conversing with, and she found him slightly attractive. But that was irrelevant, for now.

Robin dropped her hand and raised a quirked brow at the girl's words. The Boy Wonder observed the girl for a brief moment as numerous thoughts and calculations ran across his mind due to her words. She had noticed him. That was either a poor attempt on his part (6% chance on his part in a normal situation; 15% chance on his part due to the heightened emotions of the day), or this girl was very very observant. The moment passed and Robin quickly decided that it was the latter thanks to the girls archery skills a good eye was required for such.

"Good eye," He chuckled, "I don't think any of the others noticed me. I've evaded Batman once or twice on the rare occasion that he has an off day. I assume it takes a good eye to use that bow and that carries over into the other facets of life. Did Green Arrow teach you to shoot?"

The Boy Wonder observed her facial expressions carefully, taking note of the grin and returned it with his own. She seemed friendly; which was a positive in his book. He was still extremely curious about her origins though. Perhaps in time she would be willing to share more, but for now he would just pick up the little hints.

Robin glanced over at the others to see how they were interacting and then back to the blonde in front of him as he awaited her response.

The Leaguers talked amongst themselves, Superman and Mr.Terrific were discussing official league business. Conner leaned against the back wall, trying to shy away from the others, while the young man didn't want to eavesdrop, he couldn't help but to. He still didn't know how to turn off his super hearing, after all.

Kid Flash made quite a stir, talking a lot, while Superboy had been quiet ever since the other Leaguers had left, he now piped up. "Let's hope so, Sparky." He said in regards to them one day becoming as great as the Justice League. He then turned to the others, he hadn't greeted anyone yet, and figured he might as well try. Even if his social experience, besides that of Superman and the Kents, was limited at best.

Superboy towards Wonder Girl, and stretched out his hand, he figured she would be almost as foreign to the world as him. "Hello, I'm Superboy." His tone was eerie, showing his rather obvious discomfort.

Last edited:
Artemis listened carefully to Robin, finding his use of words rather interesting, longer and more thought out then most people her age. 'That carries over the other facets of life', was the phrase she was mostly thinking of.

But his question on Green Arrow kind of scared her, she tried not to show it. She knew she had to lie, pretend she's studied with him for years, even though her technique is much different then Green Arrow's. But her fingers had failed her, for when he asked about Green Arrow her index fingers a twitched, "Avoiding Batman? Now that's quite the accomplishment," She tried to remain grinning, "Yes, I learned from Green Arrow. I was taught by the best!"

Artemis looked at the other team mates, some had starred to interact now, "So. This team, huh? We are all from very colorful backgrounds."

Donna tried to relax. She was part of this team after all, but old habits were heard to break. It wasn't until Aqualad, fascinated by the floating orbs next to Mr. Fantastic swore an oath under his breath. Donna then couldn't help the smile that crept onto her lips. Neptune? She far preferred Poseidon, the Greek name for the same God. She was going to tell the boy so when she noticed Superboy looking at her. She opened her mouth as if to say something when he held out his hand in greeting. For a brief moment the teenager couldn't remember how people around here reciprocated the gesture. But she clasped his arm, in her normal way, since it would be rude to leave him standing there with his arm extended.

"Don-" Donna flushed and hastily corrected herself. "Wonder Girl." She really needed to get better at calling herself that. Not that Diana ever cared except when someone else could hear? Or was it okay to use her name here? She wasn't sure and Diana wasn't around to ask. No, she had the easy job of fighting Ocean Master. All things considered, she'd rather be fighting Ocean Master alone. Her eyes flickered briefly over to where Mr. Wonderful and Superman stood. They were talking in hushed tones and not even she could hear them, though she could lip read a little if their faces were tilted in her direction, which they weren't. With that observation she turned her attention back to Superboy.

Robin observed the girl carefully as she answered, and based on his knowledge of psychology and interrogation it appeared that she was lying in regards to being trained by Oliver Queen. He had figured as such, but now was not the time to press her on the issues. With a smile Robin looked out over the others who were interacting. He noticed Superboy and Wondergirl talking, and decided it might be a good idea to get more of the team involved in group conversation.

"Colorful is one way to put it," He chuckled, "Let's go talk to some of them."

So saying, the Boy Wonder walked forward towards Superboy and Wonder Girl...his ankle length black cape billowing behind him. He walked slowly enough for Artemis to catch up and then spoke to the two meta-beings.

"Hey, Wonder Girl. How has it been since we last talked?" Robin looked over at Superboy and offered the guy his hand, "I'm Robin. You're Superboy right? I've see you some on the news. You do good work."

Superboy nodded at Wonder Girl, the wonder boy not really having much to say to the Amazon, not right now, at least. At the same time, Superboy felt some kind of relief in knowing there was someone on the team whom, according to all the stats he had gained on Amazonian martial arts and physiology, could match him. He smiled at The Amazon, his smile sheepish as Robin came to the two.

The Robin stretched out his hand to Superboy, and Superboy shook it, just like he did with Pa' Kent. ' Squeeze it as tightly as a balloon. As tightly as a balloon.. Superboy thought to himself, making sure not to hurt the human before him. Conner's curiosity however, got the best of him, as he used his X-ray to try and peak behind the mask of the Robin, only to find it lined with lead to prevent him from doing just that. However, Conner using his photographic memory recalled the scene in the lobby, with the kid with the coffee, his hair, posture, height and build all matched that of Robin, he recalled news articles about the billionaire Bruce Wayne, and his surrogate son, Timothy.

"I try, I've still got much to learn. I saw an article about you, your views of modern medicine was most interesting. Impressive writing for someone so young." Conner said, completely oblivious to the fact that the Robin, like most other in the room, lead a very real double-life, unlike Conner, who's double life was little more than a shield.

Mr.Terrific turned towards the group "So, Big Blue and the others are gonna go back to the Hall Of Justice, leaving me with your crazy kids. The name is, like Superman told you, Mr.Terrific. I'm a decently clever man, I know my way around a few things and I've been in the superhero gig for almost a decade. I will be the primary teacher to all of you from now on, I will teach you how to fight, I will teach you how to strategize, and I will teach you how to work as a team. Because everyone's got gifts and talents, we just need to figure out how to use them together to it's fullest potential." His speech ending with him looking over each of the young heroes.

"So, who's ready for the tour?"

Kid Flash was feeling alright about Superboy, until Superboy called him "Sparky". Making Kid Flash's cheeks burn for a moment. "No its... ugh forget it..." Kid Flash groaned to himself, he hated when people got his alias wrong. But someone like the prodigy of Superman isn't someone you can correct very easily without having to risk outrunning or getting hospitalized from. As the others all started socializing together Kid Flash just kicked back and sighed, chilling like a villain, like a metaphorical relaxing Captain Cold. It wasn't that he was not feeling hospitable, not at all, he just was aching for some action. It was something that came with the suit. He had it on, he wasn't Wally West, social butterfly. No he was Kid Flash, the world's fastest youngster! Plus he was like second fastest in the world, behind his dad of course. Actually is Superman faster? Also what about Superboy he should be... NO STOP THINKING.

Before Kid Flash could hop in, and let his overwhelming awesomeness speak for itself upon introducing his teammates to the greatest young hero ever. Mr. Terrific broke up the chit chatting to talk about how he was their teacher now, and that they needed to be a team. Sure all that made sense to Kid Flash. But he was still curious raising his hand. "Hey uh Mr. Terrific? First off wonderful name, fantastic even." Kid Flash started. "But quick question, pun totally not intended. But is that 'T' on your face a tattoo or...?"

After his quick examination of the floating orbs, Aqualad turned to return to the group, only to find them all talking among themselves. Garth stood in silence at the edge of the group, listening and watching the proceedings intently. He chuckled to himself quietly at the Sparky comment made by Superboy. He would have to remember to call Kid Flash that sometime! Although maybe it would be best not too. Superman's sidekick could have simply made some kind of mistake and Garth didn't wish to hurt the boy further! Or maybe it was part of some inside joke that Garth simply wasn't part of, nor welcome to join. That was the case with most inside jokes. The thought led to the Atlantean sighing as he turned to his other teammates.

Listening in on another conversation, Garth learnt that the other female of the group was named Artemis. The teenager decided it would probably be best not to tell the girl about how disrespectful it was to name themselves after a Goddess, instead noting the fact that she had been trained by the Green Arrow man. He was another superhero whom Garth had heard of prier. According to Aquaman, the man was an even better bowman than anyone down in Atlantis. This girl must be good if she had trained under him!

Garth was stood smiling with his hands in front of himself awkwardly when Mr Terrific began to speak. He more or less confirmed that he had manufactured the floating spheres which gained him praise in Garth's books. He was about to ask a question himself once the man had finished talking, but before he could Kid Flash or "Sparky" spoke, questioning the hero about the letter on the mans face. Who cared if it was a tattoo? All Garth really wish to know was whether this place had somewhere he could swim, or what those sphere were for!

Artemis followed close, but not to close, behind Robin as they walked to greet Superboy and Wonder Girl, but paused for a moment to look a bit more around the room. When she finally got close to the group she saw Robin had already introduced himself and Superboy talking to him. Her heart raced a big and blood pumped, she was sure Robin hadn't fully believed her earlier. Now she was terrified to talk to the others, she needed to think of better and more complex lies. She needed to hide whatever trace that had been possibly left behind.

Secretly she was very glad Mr. Terrific began to speak. Artemis got closer to the group of Robin, Wonder Girl, and Superboy and offered a warm smile. She didn't want to introduce herself with Mr. Terrific talking so she hoped the smile to the two was a warm enough welcome and greeting.

Pushing back one of her stray blonde strands of hair behind her ear, she wasn't sure if everyone was supposed to respond to Mr. Terrific but she didn't find a point after kid Speedster ran his mouth. She wasn't sure if she should laugh or roll her eyes, but a small chuckle decided to escape her lips.

Last edited by a moderator:
"No--I'm not going in that crap with them!" Hissed zachary. But by then John had already tossed him inside before walking in the zeta tube slowly, where there was a large brightness before making the two disappear.

Authorization Granted:
Zachary Zatara, Code B13

---

Zachary had caught up lastly with the group and quietly had his hands digger into the pockets of his blazer. They met another superior, Mr. Terrific and Zachary furrowed his eyebrows. How.. Peculiar... However all this was normal, heck working as a villain or superhero or along the lines, you should expect to see such peculiar things. Power, magic, costumes. It was like circus faction almost.

Sometimes at this point, Zachary wished that that annoying olde cousin of his, Zatanna, was here with him. He noted the others almost immediately clicked in his opinion and looked around. Zachary focused his attention to kid flash, and rolled his eyes."Seriously dude?" He spoke up."I highly doubt it's a tattoo, considering.. Well I don't know, mostly all heroes have a life outside their secret identities as well." Scoffed the teen magician looking at the new superior the group was introduced to.

Status
Not open for further replies.