You What?

Just had this little gem of a moment with my mom's fiance.

Mom's fiance: (He's been working for a while on getting pipe stuff to work in our bathroom) "Hey, I can't get these pieces together."

Me: "Let me try" (Insert me going for about 15 minutes trying to get a nut on a pipe so I can fit both of them together) "Wait, did this come with instructions?"

Mom's fiance: "Oh yeah, there isn't very much, but if you wanna have a look..." (He gives me the bag which has instructions on the back)

So looking at the instructions, I notice that he had put a washer on that the instructions didn't call for. When I took the washer off, the nut fit PERFECTLY.

Me: "What made you think to put the washer on there?"

Mom's fiance: (Incredulously, as if he seriously still thought the washer was supposed to go there) "To... make it fit...?"

/end story

Also, I know absolutely NOTHING about plumbing or pipes or any of that shit. So I probably got details wrong. Either way, the point is that my mom's fiance put on an extra part, and despite all evidence pointing to not putting it there... He still believed that it went there. He might even STILL believe it goes there; I'm not too sure.