You, no memories, in fictional science fantasy land.(OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, haven't checked the links yet, buuuut... given the "naked" as well as the possibility for "adult" material (Deen is not one for shame), wouldn't it be a good idea to play this in the "Libertine" section? Also would be good to know what the limits are on natural "talents"... Deen has a number of "Gifts"... though he won't know that (for all but one of them) under these conditions. I have some fun ideas for what "discoveries" he can make. So many ways to torture the poor guy... heh.

Oh, and one other note: Given I work, and given I'm on a limited public comp, my best days for posting will be Wed. - Thurs. - Fri. Hope this won't be an issue.
Isn't libertine a place for descriptive mushy stuff? I do not intend for the roleplay to be one with descriptive sex scenes. If they were going to do that, we shall move that part of the story into another thread or perhaps pm, and continue on after they finish in the IC.

Don't you have a phone?
No... he's a character I created years ago. Alien. Member of a species created by another species when that other species saw its own extinction. His bones are unbreakable, that "badge" in the middle of his forehead is a sensor, allowing him to perceive energy and flow. Ley power, biosignatures, chakra. He has levitational abilities... flight without the need of wings. He can lift a thousand pounds as easily as a human can lift a hundred. He's also very fast... excellent reflexes and running speed. Very, very good eyesight, hearing and sense of smell. Not to mention regeneration (though he suffers pain just like any other living being, soo....). All natural parts of his biology. However, given he's had his memories blanked/wiped, and given a number of his "powers" have a conscious element, a need for "act of will," he won't know his own abilities (other than sensory), and even when/if he discovers what he can do, he won't remember any of his training, so, for all intents and purposes, he will be just like an infant Nism.

Heh... ripe for awkwardness. Which doesn't even consider that his species is very, um, "Free Spirited"... you have been warned!

I think your character would be a problem, @Roose Hurro. I would prefer you create a new original character because this will be a character development roleplay. The part of the fun is supposed to be the wonders of how your character will turn out to be. The powers they have will depends on their experiences in the roleplay.

As for sensing people according to their chakra or energy flow, I think I won't allow that skill because it would banish the ability of stealth completely. I want people to be able to hide and sneak in this roleplay.

Simply saying, please make a character will no abilities whatsoever. You will gain powers further in the roleplay's story.

Just so you understand, if a monster attacks you, you do not simply successfully dodge the attack. You will write how your character would react, and I will write whether he or she was successful or not. Same goes for you attacking the monster. Your character has a chance of dying in this roleplay, thank you.

Reactions: Windsong
Not my discretion but the GM did say humanoids, and that's basically a gryphon with some things changed and given some over the top natural strengths.

To retain anything from any other RP regarding memories is kind of moot since no ones character has memories. Basic knowledge of needing to eat and not to piss all over themselves surely. But not knowing to date? Sayings a human concept either way.

The entire RP premise I think is based on unexpected events. So "Opportunities to be unexpected" seems really redundant.
True, but I will accept griffons or griffins or garudas or chickens as long as they are sentient creatures. I will have the NPC react to their appearance though. If you create a chicken, the NPCs are going to bake you into a pie.

Your character past is a mystery. I will give him a history later, if you decide to pursue his past. If not, it will remain a mystery.

• Thank You
While you're on and replying, @Shade_XY , I had a few little questions.

Will any disabilities be gone as well? A missing limb perhaps?

I see steampunk, airship, and science fiction tags mixed with swords, guns, and grenades. Which genre is this really going to fit into?

Like mentioned above will the characters have basic understanding of the world? Cause and effect, knowing to eat, sharp things hurt, fire is hot, storms are scary, etc sorta things? Totally blank but still understanding who they are? I'm wondering if names are going to be completely useless.

Seeing as my character isn't purely human and likely runs on plenty of instincts will those be viable as sort of 'built-in' to their less than human mind?

So everything down to who gets hurt in a fight and how our characters actually deal with a threat is under your power? In DnD I would call that railroading, but I'm wondering how much freedom we'll really have with regards to the world.

While you're on and replying, @Shade_XY , I had a few little questions.

Will any disabilities be gone as well? A missing limb perhaps?

I see steampunk, airship, and science fiction tags mixed with swords, guns, and grenades. Which genre is this really going to fit into?

Like mentioned above will the characters have basic understanding of the world? Cause and effect, knowing to eat, sharp things hurt, fire is hot, storms are scary, etc sorta things? Totally blank but still understanding who they are? I'm wondering if names are going to be completely useless.

Seeing as my character isn't purely human and likely runs on plenty of instincts will those be viable as sort of 'built-in' to their less than human mind?

So everything down to who gets hurt in a fight and how our characters actually deal with a threat is under your power? In DnD I would call that railroading, but I'm wondering how much freedom we'll really have with regards to the world.
The tags are something to expect in the roleplay. The characters will have no basic understanding of the world. You as the players have no direct control over the world. You can effect it with your character's actions, but not by simply writing things in. At the start, your character will have complete limbs, no matter what his or her race is. They won't know what kind of creature they are but they can control their body well.

Whatever you need to know about the world, you have to go through it in character. Either find and NPC and ask questions or just stroll and you'll figure things out yourself through the environment that I will post.

As for the outcomes of actions, I will decide it by the logic of your character's actions. If you are going to steal, pay attention to what the person you are stealing from is doing. If he was looking at you while you are in attempt to steal, of course you are going to get caught. Here is where strategy takes place.

And instincts is in your character. No creature can live without instincts. Everyone have instincts implanted in their cells.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Roose Hurro , I will accept your character as a different individual from the other universe Deen of Ahvviyinn, okay? I would prefer if his name is not Deen of Ahvviyinn.

@Heyitsjiwon , I love your character. Simple and fabulous.

@Windsong , I love your naga as well. Real awesome. I wish the image you used to picture her was a bit realistic though. But never mind. It works anyway.

@Kaddoc , we are waiting for your character sheet. :) I'm excited to see him. Just realized that you already have a character sheet posted in the OOC. Just repost it in the sign up sheets and then you can post.

When all character sheets have been posted, we can start the roleplay.

And don't post out of character discussions in the sign up thread. That is soo untidy.

@Greenie, if you want to join, please post a character sheet. You can have it anyway you want.

NOW WE CAN OFFICIALLY START! Please post your actions in character :)

I thought the IC wasn't done yet?

Last edited:
Okeedokee :D I'll get to posting one in a little while.

I posted up my char sheet. I had a question, do our characters have names?

Oh that would be pretty cool :) I think i'll opt for an NPC to name her. I'll post probably tonight since got family over :3

Isn't libertine a place for descriptive mushy stuff? I do not intend for the roleplay to be one with descriptive sex scenes. If they were going to do that, we shall move that part of the story into another thread or perhaps pm, and continue on after they finish in the IC.

Don't you have a phone?

I think your character would be a problem, @Roose Hurro. I would prefer you create a new original character because this will be a character development roleplay. The part of the fun is supposed to be the wonders of how your character will turn out to be. The powers they have will depends on their experiences in the roleplay.

As for sensing people according to their chakra or energy flow, I think I won't allow that skill because it would banish the ability of stealth completely. I want people to be able to hide and sneak in this roleplay.

Simply saying, please make a character will no abilities whatsoever. You will gain powers further in the roleplay's story.

Just so you understand, if a monster attacks you, you do not simply successfully dodge the attack. You will write how your character would react, and I will write whether he or she was successful or not. Same goes for you attacking the monster. Your character has a chance of dying in this roleplay, thank you.
Yes, I have a phone... only talk and text. Not to mention, even if I did have data (could afford to have data), I wouldn't be using it for my writing, for a whole host of reasons. Chief among them being I don't take my phone out in public... it stays home. When I'm out, I'm either driving, working or doing something else (like being on this public comp) where I don't want to be disturbed. I'm over fifty, and Old-School.

As for the next bold? Yes, makes sense. I do have characters in my roster I haven't roleplayed, or haven't roleplayed enough to develop a history, and so wouldn't have any trouble using. Onin Bey would probably work well, given he has no "special" powers, yet still has the non-human physicality that would be fun to play with. That, and I've already put some of his material here, so I can link. Saves time, it does!

Onin Bey

Of course, you said no mates, so the only differences in Bey's appearance will be "mouse gray" hide and a bit less weight/muscle. Also, no "water powers," or tattoo, since those were additions for that particular "Challenge."

And then, I could use Chuka Orriss. He'd be fun. Add some... heh... "spark" to this RP.

Or Sev Ornil. His third eye allows him to see the spirit world, so, other than his "dragonoid" physique, no other "special talents."

If you want, I'll leave it up to you to pick.

@Roose Hurro , I will accept your character as a different individual from the other universe Deen of Ahvviyinn, okay? I would prefer if his name is not Deen of Ahvviyinn.

NOW WE CAN OFFICIALLY START! Please post your actions in character :)
Again, if you wish, I could play a modified Nism for this RP, perhaps even going so far as to throwing in a Nism Creator character. Not much different from a Nism, perhaps not surprisingly, with a shoulder-mane of quills like Chuka instead of shroudruff feathers. Yes, this would truly be an "original" character, still something I've been pondering for RP use, funny enough. Just an idea, no yet fully formed. This would be an excellent RP in which to develop this character idea... you approve? :bsmile:

Edit: If so, ignore the above material.

Oh, and the rest of your commentary here... thanks. Very valuable to know.

Edit edit: Question? Does that "slime" we're covered in have a smell/taste? Oh, and I've settled on a character in the sign-up, though I'd still like your input, Shade.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Any room for one more possibly? Don't feel obligated to say yes I don't want to intrude haha and you did say a 2 or 3 limit before so I would understand :)

Any room for one more possibly? Don't feel obligated to say yes I don't want to intrude haha and you did say a 2 or 3 limit before so I would understand :)

Why not. Lol ^^ go ahead.

@Roose Hurro , you are a total badass. Yes use your nism.

I'll add detail to the first IC post as soon as I get my hands on the computer.

Sorry for the delays I'm having a hectic weekend.

I'll start posting about midnight when things settle down.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person
I have edited the IC. I just added the smell and feel of the strange liquid, nothing more.

@Dramma , you may start posting :) Your character is good.

@Windsong and everyone , your characters are at the same spot, alright? Please interact with each other. You can even try to eat one another.

? If I wrote that, then that's a typo. Let me reread and edit it if I made a mistake.

Edit: I don't think I made a mistake. I wrote that he didn't know why he was there.

The half elf then looked at the stream beside him, and then he suddenly remembered how he was covered in some strange goo. Thus, he began to cup some water with his hands and wash off the goop that was on his body.
[BCOLOR=#0b0b0b]@Heyitsjiwon , I believe they meant this line.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#0b0b0b]Is your character naturally paranoid and fearful of new things as well or is he confused and flop-flopping around?? Having his guard up and keeping his distance only to try and initiate communication so quickly seems a little counter-intuitive.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#0b0b0b]Also, @Shade_XY , is there a posting order or simply respond as events allow?[/BCOLOR]

Status
Not open for further replies.