You Might Want to See This

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by Kat Noelle, Feb 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Made ya look, didn't I? Alright, now that I have, you may go on your merry way. Thanks for playing...
    Oh, you're still here? Fine. Guess I'll tell you about myself, then.

The name's Katherine. Call me Kat. Or Kate. Or Katie. Really, it doesn't matter to me. I was born in 2004 on The Pendragon Adventure fan forum, which was once a beautiful land where a small, familial community resided. Tragically, the land was destroyed by its creator many years ago, and the community scattered. Last year, a quiet attempt was made to bring the community together once again, and while some still believe the feat to be possible, it seems as if that Eden will never exist as it was again.

After my homeland was destroyed, I spent many months wandering the interwebs in search of the remaining members of our community. There existed another land that many of my neighbors would visit whilst residing on TPA, but I myself never ventured into this land, and thus did not know how to find it. I searched high and low, but to no avail. Its location is still a mystery to me today. Perhaps the rest of my community has found a way there and lives as they once did in complete harmony. However, fate has proven to me that it is not a part of my journey to discover whether or not this is true.

Once I came to terms with the loss of my sacred lands, I began my journey to find a new community. I established membership on multiple different PbP websites, but never settled more than a few months. I did find some level of permanence on The Roleplayer Guild, but even there, I felt lost in a sea of faceless people. I'm simply not cut out for city life, I guess. I need a small, fostering community much like that which was ripped away from me. So, I left the Guild and continued on my journey.

Many times, it has led me here to Iwaku, but I have ignored the call time and time again. Finally, I chose to stop that foolishness. On the sixteenth day of February, as I entered into my tenth year of existence as a roleplayer, I made the decision to find a settlement in the lands of Iwaku. It wasn't until after I had spent many hours reading all of the community rules and informational threads that I realized that this place might be what I have been searching for since beginning my travels. Perhaps I will settle for a few months and realize that Fate has done nothing but taunt me by bringing me here with high hopes. Yet, I don't believe that this will be the case. I am coming into the belief that this place called Iwaku is where I will belong.

Will it be you who proves to me that my beliefs are true?

2. I came to this site because it was one of the few sites that aren't blocked on my school laptop and it's one of the best role-play sites I've been on thus far. I'm sure you'll fit right in :)

3. I hope Iwaku is just the place you have been searching for! If not, at least it will be another good experience, yes? Welcome to the community, Kat!

4. Welcome to Iwaku, Kat! I've lost a few rp havens over the years. The latest one about three weeks ago. Then I stumbled across this place!

5. Thank you all for the warm welcome. I am already enjoying the website. I can't wait to start a game!

6. Start one immediately, for you will surely find happy players whose faces will become familiar and perhaps even comfortable. I do hope that life here on Iwaku suits you just well, as it has for me over my time. Of all sites that I, myself, have wandered to, Iwaku is the one I chose to keep as my own home. It's even my home page for when I open my browser.

Enjoy your stay, Kat. I'm sure at some point, our paths will cross again. ^^

7. Welcome to Iwaku, a town where someone is always awake.
    At first you may think, as you were led to believe, that what you see during day, from chill sunrise to sundown. Is what should be cheerished and cared?
    This is the truth, as what emerge during darkest, nightfall is not, by any means meant for care and or boundaries.
    At real night we stir in the shadows of Iwaku, the cellars and tombs, the peaks and chests. From behind locks and shackles, spells and curses we reach out to spin our stories. Spin them in shadow and night, madness and might. Shape the gold town from soot and both ash.
    When the first light shines through, all that is left is the scents of our clues.
    You may seek us out, peddlers of powers, meddlers of hallows. We build our stories, newer to follow...

8. Thank you all for the kind words. Wind, you must be a poet. Beautiful words. Thank you and thank you again.

I already feel welcome in this mystical land, and I can see kindred spirits roaming in my midst. For this, I retain the optimism that I fostered upon arrival.

9. Welcome To Iwaku,I Wish you Luck for you to find your home again.
    I Look Forward in Roleplaying with you. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.