You know you're a roleplayer when...

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you spend hours on a Wikia for a book series that you haven't read in years because you want to refresh your memory well enough to incorporate it into the RP but you don't have time to re-read the series proper. [/Fandomstuck problems]

You know ow you're a roleplayer when you blame admins for everything......

You know you're a roleplayerr when staying home from school/work because you're really sick isn't so bad, because that means more time for posts.

Reactions: Nemopedia and Hana
When you could gush with your partner for hours about how amazing your roleplay is.

Reactions: Nemopedia
You procrastinate doing RP posts by writing character profiles, and you procrastinate writing character profiles by doing RP posts. 8D

When you pass up plans with friends because you've spent time away from your online friends and the wonderful community that is Iwaku. :D

When you spend more than an hour researching information for one unimportant paragraph in a post that will probably never matter again for girls rest of the roleplay... and then don't consider that as time wasted.

When your prime worldbuilding development hour is 5 AM.

when you spend hours pouring over your music library to make playlists for each of your characters :')

... you sit at the dinner table heartbroken because your partner most probably killed his character, and you have to give some complete lie of an excuse when people ask what's up.

Reactions: Nemopedia and Nav
When you have a Polyvore only for character outfits.

When you're up late at night NOT because you're concerned because your right breast is swollen and sore and lumpy, but instead because...

You're internally giggling over a non-verbal line from a roleplay.

A lot of people here are artists so they can just draw their own characters. But not only am I no good at drawing living things but I demand realism or photorealism in fantasy art without actually being photos and real life images (though I'm fine with them on occasion). So my Pinterest is filled with half a dozen private boards filled with images that I could use for future characters or images that I could base scenes on or images that-

You get the idea, images that could be relevant to RPing in any way, shape or form!

Also, you know you're an RPer when some of the hobbies you intend to pursue later in life (like Cartography in my case) or do pursue are most only because you're excited about how useful they could be in your RPs.

...when you see a person doing something and think "hey, [insert OC here] would do that too"

Or

when you're having a conversation with a friend about something random and you tell them "hey, [insert OC here] and your character would totally [insert thing here]

Cuz yeah, these have happened before.

When you meet someone who shares a name with one of your characters and you're immediately disappointed when they don't share a personality.

Reactions: Nemopedia
Shoot, I can relate a little too well here.

When you try to shut up the voices in your head because your characters are taking over.

When random memories and a coincidental combination of words turn into whole plots, or characters.

Reactions: Kagayours
When you look out a person and use some of their traits for another character appearance.

When you feel bad that you are neglecting other roleplays while responding here.

When you run the same city on two different roleplaying sites and each is set up differently.

When you would rather roleplay, then sleep or do anything productive for a day or two.

When people see your pinterest and ask if you're writing a novel and you just giggle awkwardly.

Status
Not open for further replies.