You know what I wish.

• Thread starter SugarlizedWonderland
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SugarlizedWonderland

Original poster
I wish that I would be able to start everything that I've ever done with roleplaying, I wish I never dropped so many partners on an old site I was on, or acted like a bitch when someone was only trying to help me out with my problems. or acted like a baby when I didn't get enough rps. I'm not being negative but I hope I could get some advice on how to deal with this matter

Live and learn.

We all wish we could start over. But there isn't a reset button to Life. Lord knows if there was one, I'd be pressing the damn thing all the time.

Sometimes, the most you can do is cut your losses and move forward with your newfound wisdom while trying not to forget lessons of the past.

I wish I knew an easy way to make things feel better, but sometimes you just have to find your own way to deal with the pain/regret/guilt. My way has always been that I am better than I was yesterday, and I'll be even better tomorrow.

Learn from your mistakes, accept them as mistakes and move on with the new knowledge that will allow you to not repeat it.
Everyone makes mistakes in life, it's how we learn.
You just need to be able to recognize them and turn it into a lesson, something useful.

Reactions: Esmeray
You've recognized some actions and behaviors in your past that you dislike. Your next step should be to examine those things and try to understand why you did them. Do you have a selfish streak? Arrogance perhaps? Do some honest introspection and try to figure yourself out.

After that it becomes a matter of working to recognize those negative or unwanted behaviors so you can do what you can to avoid or alter them. Bettering yourself is a very long process, but eventually you might get to the point where you no longer have those unwanted thoughts or behaviors without needing to consciously manage them. If you do, congrats, issue successfully resolved. If not, it could be something you struggle with for the rest of your life.

That may sound like a huge pain in the ass, and it really is, but consider what you dislike about those things you've mentioned. Consider what kind of person you want to be, and how you want others to perceive you. Getting what you want often takes hard work, and that goes for personality things just as well as it does for material desires. All you can do is set out to be the best person you can be and try your hardest to stick to it. There will be bumps on the road, hard times that will make you revert to those unwanted actions, but that's fine, nobody is perfect. Just kick your own ass back onto to your desired path of self improvement when you can and all will be well.

Reactions: Esmeray
Status
Not open for further replies.