You in 10 Years

I have no idea and honestly? I kinda like that. I'd probably sabotage myself if I made a ten-year plan, anyway. Though I'll probably have seen a lot more of the world by then and done a lot of reckless things that will hopefully make great stories.

What would I like to be ten years from now?

Still alive.

Everything else is secondary.

You want me to gush?! All right, you asked for it!

In 10 years I will hold a bachelors degree in Journalism, and probably some certificates in creative writing and media communications. I will be paid to globe trot and share the important events that shape the world we live in, and my writing will contribute to a world of understanding and educated decisions.

Alternatively, I still have the degrees and whatnot and get paid to write for a living, but in mostly the same area so I can have also a stable home life with a couple of kids for whom I have sewed a plethora of clothes, Halloween costumes, and toys! Since we're talking ideals, Scotty's in this picture, too. With a successful job in computer security and should with room for all the DIY projects he could want <3

Ooh look, an opportunity for me to espouse my loving family values!

In ten years I would like...

-To be married.
-To own my own home.
-Maybe have had one or two children by then, depends on what my partner wants of course (I'd want at least three myself, I have too much love to give to my future children :D )
-To be a successful novelist, I'm already writing a full novel and would really love for that to take off.
-To not worry about being thirty.
-To still be a free and creative person.
-To look at the World and think "I want to bring my children into this."

Things I'd want to see....

-Virtual Reality! Heck yes!
-Space Programmes, real Space Programmes, investment in technology rather than war, and the beginning of a new era for mankind.
-My then 21-year-old sister having herself the successful theatre career she's working so hard for.

That about sums it up I guess. Oh, except one thing.
I still haven't decided on something.
If all the political/tech things haven't happened by then, do I go and make them happen?
I guess this quote sums it up - 'There is happiness for those who accept their fate, and glory for those who defy it.'
It's a question of accepting a happy, normal life, or attempting to change the world for the better of all.

But yeah, what I truly want is this:

8101_clannad.jpg

I manage a family, and I'll be as happy as I think I'll ever be.

Well, my best case scenario and wish fulfillment are kind of the same thing, as well as my dream scenario. In 10 years I see myself in a university within Tokyo, Japan, studying abroad for my master's degree in nursing, specifically for pediatric care. I plan to already have a nice apartment, probably for rent because I don't know for sure whether I want to live in Japan or not. I'd simply be staying unless I decide for a fact that I want to live in Tokyo, or some other place- maybe Kyoto. Hopefully, I'll also be a bit more slim than I am now, exercising a lot more habitually.

I see @Diana owning the IWAKU corporatiom building and everybody there working in cubicles as she laughs with all her owls.

@Razilin Will be the official Iwaku doctor and will invent Medigel.

@Brovo Will be the company pet. That damn ferret knocking everything down in my cubicle.

Me in ten years? Well.. I hope to have graduated college and veterinary medicine school with a degree to treat animals and married to my boyfriend. Planning our future together.

In 10 years i should have my Bachelor's degree in Mortuary Science and maybe running my own business. With some luck I should have a nice place to live and on my way to saving money so i can retire hassle free when the time comes. Wife and children optional. I might end married to my career, not that i would mind.

As unrealistic as it is I'm hoping for Virtual Reality and jetpacks to be feasible by then. Been waiting on the latter since I was like 6!

In 10 years, I'll be done with college and 5-6 years into single-handedly saving video games from the video game industry.

SINGLE. HANDEDLY.

If I haven't started doing so while in school; going back to school and doing comp sci has made me hyper creative again and I'll have several weeks between semesters where I'll have the time to make something fun in another game when I'm not working. And then summer will happen and even if I take summer school classes, that'll still be several weeks where I again have fuck all to do and a shit ton of pent-up creative energy to spend on it. Hell, I might even do some of the prep work for my winter project over Thanksgiving!

Or maybe I'll write something for NaNoWriMo. Damn you, college, for reawakening my long-dormant creative spirit!

For me, it's hard to picture the future. But, in 10 years I HOPE to see myself married and having a stable and good paying job. I also would like to still be in touch with my best friend.

Just for entertainment purposes, this is where I would picture other members/staff in 10 years.

@Diana- Probably still failing at emoticons I see her spending her days doing what ever it is owl princesses do.

@Dawn- I see Dawn still playing Minecraft, even if in 10 years no one may remember much of it.

@Fijoli - I think that, in 10 years, Fijo will have gone far with her art. She is already a talented young woman.

@Obsidian- I also see him going places with his art. Even though he hasn't posted his artwork on here for people to see. >,>

• Love
Reactions: Dawn
Reactions: Pulchritudinous
*puts on her dream goggles* Happily married, a kid, and doing photography for SHOXX in Japan.

*takes off the goggles* .___. A job would be nice. Also really hope I'm not STILL living at home. *weeps*

In ten years, I hope I'm still studying, gaining knowledge and all that kind of stuff. Most probably be in university, hopefully in another country and studying something that I like and will get me somewhere. After that I'll get a job that gives high salary and then I'll give money to my parents. Hopefully my brother will be married and has kids, and his wife isn't a bitch. On second thought, I hope I found someone even though I don't really think it's important but I don't wanna die alone. I have a friend that can do palm reading and she said that I'll be married around 20~25 years old, which is 5~10 years from now. Eh, it's not like I believe in those kind of things or anything. I also hope that I will get to travel around the world and maybe meet some of my online friends...

In 10 years time i see myself:
*Living with my best friend in America
*Hopefully meeting at least one of my favorite youtubers
*Making at least one small movie with friends just for fun
*Finally learning to play guitar
*Having quite a lot of videos that are just random things with my friends that i can look back on
*Having way better art skills then i do now
*Possibly selling little crochet plushies made by me for a bit more icome
*Having a job, be it in a office or shop or restaurant i don't mind

Not in an emotional and physical battle? Yeah, i'd like to just not be a mess. maybe have a new job and a serious relationship with someone who treats me the way i deserve.

yeah.... that sounds swell.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves here. People talking about stability and stuff.

Lets go with something more viable. Like being a millionare.

Reactions: Esthalia