You Have Been Found Wanting [NotAllThatCreative]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bryce didn't want to be right. The talk could have been wrong. Oh, he'd prayed it was wrong. It was a reality he'd rejected long ago but knew was coming nonetheless. "I'm sure he's not as bad as he seems..." His tone dropped off a little bit, but he kept from saying anything. "You'll be happy with him, I'm sure." He wanted her to be happy, he really did. If it was with someone who wasn't him, he could live with that. He would have to move on eventually, right?

"He's too serious." Cecilia grumbled and shook her head. Her hand grazed against another bench and she sat down, keeping her head so that it was facing the area right in front of her. "I don't like it but mother says I have to go through with it." She frowned deeply. It was quite evident that she didn't want to go through with this. She didn't even like the idea of being royalty so an arranged marriage made that idea seemed to make life worse. She had to remind herself that everything could be worse than it was.

Bryce sighed a little and ran a hand over the back of his neck. Maybe she'd learn to like this guy... He hated thinking about it like that, but he had to hope for her happiness in whatever arrangement she was put into. "He could always loosen up once the arrangement is over with... He could be just trying to impress your parents." If Cecilia didn't like the guy, the odds were strong that Bryce wouldn't like him either. Biting his lip, he took a seat onto the bench next to her. He couldn't tell her that he liked it just as little as she liked it. That would imply too much and that wasn't an option. "I'm sure your life won't be completely different. How long before whatever happens happens?" Bryce had missed a month already. How much more time did he have left?

(I shall reply again when I get up. Goodnight :))

Cecilia said nothing at first and lightly kicked her legs as she sat there. She wasn't sure if she'd grow to like this man or not. For the sake of her country, she hoped so. She let out a soft sigh. "Mother says a few more months, maybe six from what she had said. She wants me to complete my studies before the wedding." Her mother had other things in mind as well and Cecilia really didn't want to know what the woman wanted. The thought made her cringe. "I know my father is excited for it..."

((Good night!))

Bryce nodded a little, mostly to himself even though it didn't really matter. "Then it looks like I won't be going anywhere until then," he said. Odds were that once she was married that he would never see her again unless she came home to visit. And even then, that was counting on his being there during those occasions when she was to visit. He had to enjoy what time he had left with her, didn't he? "They've finally seen your growing up... They haven't gotten to see as much as I have. To them, this is everything they've been waiting for. And I get to watch you leave in six months. We're really not kids anymore." He wished they were. He wished he was a kid again with his parents and his siblings so he could get to do it all over again. It was worth it.

"Everything they've been waiting for. I never even knew it was going to happen." Cecilia frowned deeply and shook her head. She wanted to find some way to call off the marriage but only a few things could do that. Leaning back against the bench, she pouted lightly and sighed softly. "I hope that if I do go through with this marriage thing, you get to follow me to this new home. Mother should know by now that wherever I go, you tend to follow and vice-versa." The idea of leaving him behind was a painful one and she didn't like it. She just hoped that her mother would have enough sense to let him come with her.

Bryce smiled a little. She wanted him to go with her. He would be lying if he said that didn't give him that small spark of fatal hope. At this point in his life he didn't even know what he hoped for. Maybe he just hoped that she never tired of him. He loved her and would stay with her in any capacity that he could, even if it was just on the sidelines. "I'll be sure that I do," he said, resting his arm along the back of the bench. "Why fight in a future war when I can go move in with you and your future husband, live in the room next to yours. Start from the bottom of the command chain. It'll be fun." Frankly he would accept any consequences. Any stature he gained, he could regain. And anything he gave up in order to go with her could be recovered one day.

Cecilia grinned in amusement at his works and shook her head. "That means you would have to deal with children should any come about." She informed and turned her head in his direction. Every crown needed an heir, that's what her mother told her. "It sounds fun." She agreed and smiled brightly at the thought. Having him so close was a comfort to her, one that she hoped she would never lose. "I do hope you'll stay with me." She frowned lightly and bit her lip. "I don't want to leave home and not have you follow."

Bryce refused to let his smile falter at the thought of her having children with the stranger. It wasn't his place, and he definitely wouldn't mind staying in her life to babysit. "I make no promises as to how well they'll end up behaving." He might have to turn them into little monsters just to be an idiot. Make sure they listen to Uncle Bryce and nobody else. He'd be inadvertently running the kingdom. "I'll always follow you," he said with a voice that was much more quiet than it had been previously. "You can't get rid of me that easy."

Cecilia let out a soft sigh and laid her head down on his shoulder, closing her eyes. "And for that, I am glad. I don't know what I'd do without you in this situation." She'd probably attempt to run away from home or something stupid. If it got her out of an unwanted marriage, she'd do almost anything to get away. "I hope I can't get rid of you easily. I have heard I can be quite annoying." She grinned lightly in amusement.

Bryce smiled at her and shook his head. "You would get some other knight to bend backwards for you, but lucky for you I've got no other arrangements except to follow you around everywhere, so your future husband is going to have to get used to me. If he doesn't like me that could make the rest of our lives quite unpleasant." While he didn't actually care whether her betrothed enjoyed his company, he knew that the patriarchy would prevail if Cecelia liked having him around and the other man didn't. "Should I bring it up with your mother in the up coming days or should I leave that up to you?" He would be willing to mention it to the Queen, but if he did it might make it seem like he had ulterior motives. All he wanted was to stay close to her, and he couldn't do that in the predicament he would be faced with in months to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.