3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
  2. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
modern, scifi, superpower, modern fantasy, slice of life
tumblr_njxfcithA51s4rm6oo8_1280.jpg

|Bloodswap|
This is not the Alternia you know. Under the smothering rule of Her Imperial Mediatrix, any threat to her people are swiftly and mercilessly wiped out by the Alternian Fleet. Only a few alien races surrendered to Her and were allowed to live peacefully (aka barely tolerated by the populace) in Her empire. The trolls, grownups and children alike, are all expected to behave in harmony under her rule, but the castes constantly clash when she is out of sight.

What is it like to live in this world where adults and aliens roam free, and not keeping the peace can get you culled just as soon as coddled? It's a fine line to tread, and these twelve kids will soon learn that growing up is hard. It's hard and no one understands.

Hiveswap-Alternia-landscape.jpg

Act 1- Just Another Night
It is the 4th Bilunar Perigee of the 5th Dark Season. The last 7 sweeps of your life have been the norm - fighting between the castes, hungry lusii to feed, and other young trolls to form grudging bonds with. The adults are either conscripted in far off space or stuck "playing nice" with the youths and other alien refugees on Alternia. You steer clear of them as much as possible since you are presumably at least a little smart and don't want to die.

You were enjoying a night of strifing or troll Netflix when suddenly all the power in town goes out! You can't pester your friends to find out what's happened, but it's best to group up before someone decides to stir up trouble. What will you do?

==>

Your name is Eridan and what the holy hell just happened. You were tending your garden on the roof when it all started, muttering about how your lusus chewed up your arrugala again. Some idiot must have let him into the inner ring because there's no way that blubber nugget could have gotten in there himself. Of course you were ready to bust some heads over this, had your trusty shovel retrieved from your strife deck and ev'rything, but then you saw it. Even in the height of the dark season when night lasted for after most trolls retired to their 'coons, there were always lamps and lights shining from city hives and businesses. But from your roof you could see the wave that swept through the town leaving everyone in an inky stillness after it passed.

It took a few moments, but a chatter slowly rose. You could see brief flashes of psionics behind far off windows and horned heads popping out to shout between hives. You try to listen in for some information, but it seems that no one has any. You can hear Clovot snarling from floors away. Wenzdi can't hold a charge with her psionics for long without her husktop shorting out again (she's not that good anyhow though so you're not sure that counts), and Ranada across the street can't even get their radio working. Fuck. If you want to get to the bottom of this you'll have to do something yourself. The moons are giving off more light here than you'll get in your respiteblock, so you hunker down by the soil and get to planning.

Be the other troll
==>

You are now Vriska Serket. Your piece of shit hive is out of power, so you are on your way to Karkat's place. Between the two of you, there's gotta be some sort of solution. If not, it'll still be a good move because Karkat's blood status will provide you some protection while the outage leaves everyone vulnerable. You've captchalogued some gear and supplies just in case, including:
  • one sun-protection hood
  • your husktop
  • a half-eaten grubloaf (as a peace offering)
  • one mildly rusty toolkit
And
  • a towel
You read this really great novel once and they said that anyone who's anyone has to have a towel on their person or they're basically an unprepared dumbfuck. It could have used more pirates but you basically agree otherwise.

Sticking to the shadows on your route is pretty easy since that's all there is around right now. You have to avoid some of the major streets and use your vision 8fold to see which paths will let you pass unseen by others; it takes a long time, but you make it to Karkat's unscathed. For all the trouble you just went through, he better be here. You bang on his door as loudly as you dare.

"Hey Karkat open up! If I get eaten or eviscerated out here I'm sticking around to haunt the shit out of you!"

@Cephalo

Last edited:
Your name is Kanaya Maryam and you're actually quite busy right now. There've been some news and you've really got to get right on this, so perhaps being the other troll would be more beneficial at the moment?

Be the other troll
==>

You're Karkat Vantas and your hive just went out of power, but that wasn't in today's schedule at all. This is messing with your color coded timetable in a way that makes you uncomfortable. Alright so you guess you'll have to move anything that has to do with power to an indefinite time later (or when you can get Vriska over here) and doesn't that just makes you more crabby than usual. Hives for - you'd hate to be politically incorrect but ease of titling trumps over kindness - high bloods aren't supposed to do something as plebeian like lose power, so this event is even odder than it already was. Really, you're going to get to the bottom of this as soon as you can. Maybe after reordering your schedule though.

You just get done moving any communications via non-handheld devices to a later date when someone bangs at your door. Of course, it's Vriska so there's no need to whip out any weapons but it does mean you can probably move those activities involving power to an earlier date with a psiionic here. You stroll through the house, resolutely ignoring Crabdad puttering around the place, and fix your suit and hair before swinging the front door open. Feeling very put upon, you grab her wrist to drag her in before any unwanted attention could come along.

"You're not getting eaten, Vriska. Evisceration, that I can understand because that's high on the list of possible shit things that can happen to us, but getting eaten? How the fuck is that even a possible outcome for you all the way out here?" You snark because your friend is a melodramatic bitch sometimes.

• Love
Reactions: Indabayou
You are now Tavros. You were rather shocked to find that the power in his hive had been completely clusterfucked and decided to disappear on you like that feeling you have at the beginning of a matespritship that eventually fades away but rears its ugly head every great now and then. Oh what ever the hellfucked blistered ass-shit. Candles, candles, and hella lot more candles soon filled your hive inside and out as you uncaptchalogued one after another after another using the word Luminescent as the adjective. His hive was about to be one giant, glorious, glowing.... thing. Oh Jegus you ran out of fancy G-words. Maybe you should make a pilgrimage to the famous Spot of Gs to collect the ancient knowledge on G-words. Or at least that's how one of your friends described it. You are not really for sure whether or not there were spots for other letters to... Oh ghrist on a two-wheeled pedal-mobile.

You sign onto Trollian via his cellular device and punch in a rather frustrated message to one of your friends.

AT: eRIDAN YOU PANSY-ASS (IT'S A PUN! GET IT? YOU LIKE?,,, pLEASE TELL ME YOU LIKE)
AT: i HAVE NO POWER AND THE INCREDULOUSNESS OF THIS SITUATION IS RATHER UNNERVING,,,
AT: bUT UH, aT LEAST MY HIVE NOW LOOKS A FLAMING BALL OF GLOWING AWESOME, cANDLES WOO!
AT: i WAS GONNA INQUIRE IF YOU WERE IN A SIMILAR SITUATION? mY POWER BACKS OFF OF YOUR AREA'S ENERGY SO i WAS GETTING A LITTLE WORRIED,,,
AT: mAYBE, pOSSIBLY, oUR FRIENDS ARE RATHER PLAGUED BY A SIMILAR ISSUE? IF YOU HAVE A OUTAGE TOO THAT IS,,,
AT: uHM, wHOOPS
AT: i RAMBLED,,,
AT: }:(

Bluh bluh blah bluh blih blah. What is wrong that you can't talk to one of your friends without going off on fifty bajillion tangents before they even get a chance to respond? Anxiety... yeah right, that's what plagues you every waking moment of your life.

• Nice Execution!
Your name is Nepeta and you're not quite sure what happened. You were in the middle of one of your delightful tea parties with Bobcatdad when everything suddenly became dark. Bob began to hiss and growl almost instantly. You stumble your way over to him and pet his head until he quiets. You are thinking everything over as you pet him, remaining as calm and serious as is expected of your blood color even though you're freaking out on the inside. You should probably try to pester someone to see what's going on. But it seems that you left your husktop and other devices elsewhere since Bobcatdad doesn't not allow them at tea time. Your friends have always hassled you to have at least six devices on your person at a time, but that seemed rather excessive even for an indigo blood. So you settled for three of them, the closet being one of your mobile devices in the light-tower. You take a big gulp at the thought of wandering through your house in the dark. It was the most spooky in these conditions! Fortunately you remember that you have a flashlight captchalouged at all times after this reason. You employ your fishing modus to retrieve it but can't see in the dark! You end up procuring a glow stick which isn't optimal but better than nothing. You stumble your way to the light tower and pause at the stairs. It's going to take awhile for you to climb those...

Of course you'd trip over that last stair, but your cat-like reflexes let your flip around without harm. You retrieve your mobile device and check who's online, preceding to pester.

Be the other troll==>

Unfortunately you cannt be the other troll at this time.

Be the other other troll==>

Would you quit it?!

Last edited:
Your name is Aradia Megido.

You are one of the few of your kind who can withstand the blistering Alternian sun, but sleep during it mist of the time so you could talk to your friends. Because of you being able to endure the sun, the landscape is what inspires you to create your eccentric clothes with its bright colors. Along with that, you also like to dig around for more things to inspire your brightly colored fashion. Also you have taken up a side hobby of Topiary and like to sculpt your nightmares into them, in case they come back into your dream world so you will remember. You like to do your Topiary with your favorite weapon, a jade handled sword, because the handle almost matches the leaves of the tree.

You write your nightmares down as well in a journal, which helps with your fashion and your love for grim and on a slight love of the cult. What you love to read the most is about Rainbow Drinkers, Shadow Droppers, and Forbidden Passion. Along with your strange love of grim and cult-like literature, you can also hear the voices of the dead. You have gotten used to these voices since the have been around ever since you we're just a small grub.

You are one of the few of your kind with Jade Green Blood and because of it, are only one of the few who we're chosen to be raised by a virgin mother grub, which is so rare it has never been properly documented. She will protect you from threats, even though her life will be shorter than the others lusus.

You decorate your hive with bright and lively colors, which also include dark colors such as black, dark reds, dark blues, and more in some places as well as beautiful flowers and other plants, some dead because you forgot to water them and just don't feel like taking them out. As well as inside your home, you have advanced technology as well as technology and artifacts more that are a bit.... out of date, by about a couple centuries or so. All of the old artifacts and even your hive were recovered from ruins not far.

You and your lusus live happily together in your hive.

Your trolltag is
apocalypseArisen and there is typically a pr0n0unced h0ll0wness t0 y0ur w0rds.

You are now Eridan again. Things were actually pretty boring up on the roof, all things considered. You had caught some more gossip wafting up from below, but it didn't sound like anything that would help you figure out what to do. By your calculations- expertly scratched into the dirt in front of you- even if the outage persisted for a week you would have enough crops to feed yourself. Of course, fending off other trolls who might want some and the possibility of having to share it with your friends lowered that number by quite a bit. You were still working out the ration schedule when your phone shot out of your sylladex and hit you in the head. Rude! You'd forgotten that you catchalogued it earlier when you were in one of your moods. It's pinging with numerous notifications, but you ignore them in favor of the most recent pesterlog that's popped up. Maybe it'll have some answers in it.

arrivaderciToro [AT] started trolling callousAgrarian [CA]

AT: eRIDAN YOU PANSY-ASS (IT'S A PUøWÒ%<I6—qÜ`úío-€ö潯ÃðQÏ€ž%·ŒG”ÿ
Ëú×âUÊ~ý迵OÁï,~&øZF=MRÛòb
N! GET IT? YOU LIKE?,,, pLEASE TELL ME YOU LIKE)02:30:27øWÒ%<I6—qÜ`úío-€ö潯ÃðQÏ€ž%·ŒG”ÿ
Ëú×âUÊ~ý迵OÁï,~&øZF=MRÛòb
AT: i HAVE NO POWER AND THE INCREDULOUSNESS OF THIS SITUATION IS RATHER UNNERVING,,,

AT: bUT UH, aT LEASTëYÕîØ$6v‘—v?AÐäð;× A FLAMING BALL OF GLOWING AWESOME, cANDLES WOOØó¯Øþ
¬|zûW„ü.tî+1vÛuª‘ž¢0yþ/AñíPh•‚Š( -¦ž1%¦œz‚sIJƒü_u‡'æ MØó¯Øþ!
AT: i WAS GONNA INQUIRE IF YOU WERE IN A SIMILAR SITUATION? fÀäž‚µü%áOFF OF YOUR
oÇzýž‡áÝ.êÇìqÿ‹þ"%¶»ãÛ SO i WAS GETTING A LITTLE WORRIED,,,
AT: mAYBE, pOSSIBLY, oUR FRIENDS ARE RATHER PLAGUED BY A SIMILAR ISSUE? IF YOU HAVE A OUTAGE TOO THAT IS,,,
AT: uHM, wHOOPS
AT: i RAMBLED,,,
AT: }:(

callousAgrarian [CA] started trolling arrivaderciToro [AT]

CA: wwhat the fuck tavv i can't make out a single wword you just typed
AT: uH,,,¥Á
AT: iS YOUR POWER OUT?,,,
CA: my cell must havve got jacked up somehoww all your text is... i don't evven knoww wwhat to call it
CA: and yeah, evveryones powwer is out. like the wwhole towwn
AT: oH SHIT MAN }:ÐÏࡱá
AT: sAME HERE, mY HOUSE IS CURRENTLY AŠ¬ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ
AT: iT MAKES ME ITCH TO FREEVERSE
CA: don't you dare
AT: i AM WITHHOLDING
AT: i UNDERSTAND HOW 56789:CDEFGHIJSTUVWXYZcdefghijstuvwxyz‚ƒ„…†‡ˆ‰Š’“”•–—˜™š¢£¤¥¦§¨©ª²³´µ¶¸¹ºÂÃÄÅÆÇÈÉÊÒÓÔÕÖ×ØÙÚâãäåæçèéêòóôõö÷øùúÿÚMY RAVING FANCY DICTION
AT: tHOUGH i MUST SAY IT'S,,, kINDA,,,

CA: you'd better. i can't handle you being little semi-glitchy troll shakespeare wwhile i listen to my neighbors run around like hysterical wwigglers
CA: and dont you ,,, at me nitram
AT: oH DEAR,,,ÿ‡ÆÉÿ dO YOU HAVE BACK UP POWER OR ¿¥Á? ŸeŒŸeŒŸeŒŸeŒYOUR PLANTS?
CA: nothing seems to be wworking. as for my garden, anyone tries to gank my plants? they die.
AT: wHAT SORT OF IMAGINATIVE DEATH DO YOU HAVE PLANNED FOR THEM$ %°Ð Fðp,i CAN WRITE A POEM ABOUT IT
AT: ÐÏࡱáaS THE LAST OF THE TROLLS BREATH LEFT HIS AIR BAGS, hE UTTERED THE- THAT'S MORE PROSE THAN FREEVERSE¹*º6“#'˜¼¯”a¥<r8_ökæÚ
å?D¾"Á_µ{ƒ,> ð-”x!/5Û†™óëåG´ûì×Ïž.ÿˆ|yñsŸø Ïît{HmÀú>Òÿ
çZÕ%äǃûāAVFŽ½ñïâ_‰äy5_ˆ%¾-÷„º´åïØý+¿ÖõT“{¨]^×í3ÿ

Rather fortunately for you, your mobile app decides to finally give up its farce and crash. What the heck was up with your phone anyway? Certainly the ejection couldn't have damaged it that much, but you don't know what else could cause this. You'll try to get the thing working again after you go over your log with Tavros. If you could just parse through the error code...

Be the blue blood==>

Hey! That's indigo blood! You are now Nepeta and it seems there's no one on to pester at the moment. And it seems that this device is very limited on battery. You decide to head back to Bobcat Dad. "I'm going to try and see if Equius is at his hive or something. Maybe he's been able to contact someone." You highly doubt that he has, but any excuse to get you out of this spooky house! You were already starting to get anxious. Bob made a sort of growl, insisting to carry you to the purple bloods house that was just a bit down the shore from your own hive. You agree and climb onto his back, giving his ears a light scratch. Riding your lusus would prove well tonight; his capability to see in the dark would be far better than stumbling around in the light of a glowstick. You make it without difficulty and after drawing yourself up, knocked politely on his door. You try very hard to ignore the rainbow colors that decorate the door, because as an indigo blood it would surely be inappropriate for you to take delight in such frivolities.

Be the purple blood==>
You are now Equius and you pause from what your doing after you hear a small knock on the door. You take a sip from the wicked elixir you had just opened when the lights turn out and walk toward where you door was. "Welcome, Nepeta." You knew it would be her. She the only one besides that sea dweller that stopped by to see you. Sure that might also be because both she lived the closest to you, but you try not to think that way. So far things seemed to be going rather pale between you two.

You shake the thought from your mind. Right now isn't the time to be thinking of something as complicated (and might I add embarrassing) as troll romance. You step back to allow her into your tent of a hive which flapped quietly in the breeze. You had managed to make it so that it wouldn't fly away, even adding a door so people wouldn't be tempted to just crawl in through the bottom. For a moment, nothing happened and you step back into the doorway to see that the indigo blood was, as usually, mesmerized by the rainbow of colors held on your door. It wasn't troll blood of course, at least not yet. For now it was simply colored chalk, something Nepeta (and even himself after being thoroughly coerced) had taken to liking drawing different depictions of their fellow trolls. You clear your throat causing her to jump like a guilty cat, and she quickly looked away and walked in with purpose. "Equius do you have any idea what's going on?"

"I'm afraid I do not at the moment. Before the black out I was...a bit busy."

Be the violet blood==>
Your name is Gamzee and right now you're furious that the filthy land dweller has bested you in your typical matches. Right now you lay somewhere on the floor of his hive, licking your wounds so to speak as the bastard went to answer the door. You assume it's Nepeta and when you hear her voice you decide to speak up, "Is that Nepeta I hear?" Her blood made her a land dweller which made you hate her a bit, but now that your usual fight with Equius was over you are feeling amiable. "Thank Jegus that I'm not left here to chill with this motherfucker all alone. Another moment and he probably would've began to try and convert me to his stupid motherfucking clown religion." You stand and make your way through the darkness toward the glowstick that the blue blood held, giving her a smile. "I would not be bad talking so highly if I just got my fins handed to me, highblood," Equius muttered the title in disdain, clearing mocking the violet blood. "If the motherfucking lights hadn't gone off in the second I was going to end you, you'd be dead motherfuck-!"

"Enough!" Nepeta interrupted. "I will not play the ashen to you two, so both of you quit it already! We need to see what's going one!" Nepeta took a deep breath and pulled out her mobile device. The battery had gone too low to pester anyone. "Equius can we use your husktop to pester someone and see if anytroll knows what happened."

"Certainly." You follow as the purple blood leads both of you two to his husktop and check if there's anyone to pester.

"You're not getting eaten, Vriska. Evisceration, that I can understand because that's high on the list of possible shit things that can happen to us, but getting eaten? How the fuck is that even a possible outcome for you all the way out here?"

You are Vriska again, and seriously, fuck this guy.

"Excuuuse me?" You hiss right back at him, "How should I know what you crazy highbloods get up to in your free time? Y'all have all those weird customs and weird lame words for things and everything. How do I know you're not secret troll cannibals, huh? Especially coming from a kid with nutritionblock utensils as their strife specibus of choice. Fixin' ta get a bite or two in before they abscond?" By this time you're just messing with him, and your devious smirk is threatening to crack up into a smile. But you hold in your snorts and giggles long enough to give him a wicked accusatory stink-eye, if you do say so yourself.

It's good to get some banter going before you both get cracking on this power thing. Even your husktop is fried, but you brought it along anyway just in case. Still snickering (both at Karkat's expense and your superb drama skills) you give your blue friend a bracing sock on the arm and plop down on his fibrous walking surface adornment - or as he would call it, a "carpet". What a dumb word, honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.