You Evil Overlord Theme?

Delnoir

A Relic of a Bygone Era
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
We're RPers. We know the drill. The heroes have fought your way through your forces and have barged into your throne room/reached the top of the tower as rain and lightning cracks around them. Maybe its halfway through the RP and you're going to get to outright crush them and prove what they thought to be their Infinity Plus One Sword to be little more than a toy. Either way, you get to start working the evil mojo. Be it speech or the insanely fast first strike that sends the hero or his love interest sprawled on the ground coughing up blood.

What's your theme while the entire ordeal unfolds? Here's mine.

<object width="480" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OGTIJQSjaAo?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OGTIJQSjaAo?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

You can't go wrong with an overwhelming organ piece.

Amateur.

With such a theme, you are nothing more than the Quirky Miniboss Squad.

Allow me to show you how its done.

Three parts, and three chances for those puny heroes to try (and fail) at stopping me!

Also this. "Secure air superiority."

Awww, come on. Kefka? Really? I mean not that there's anything wrong with it, but of all the themes to yank we're already going there?

What's next, someone pulls Sephiroth's theme out of the mud?

*Executes Sephiroth for being a dickbird*

Theme of the evil overlord! I might actually use the first three minutes of this song for an Rp someday....

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oP6xn7uLBGw" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

Evil monologue with words that entrance despite the logic of attacking during te monologue, followed by intense action that will make them have to truly become a hero if they want to win.

You can't fight back against that, brave hero.

Not until the song ENDS.

Only then do you stand a chance.

The Final Ascent: Immediate Music: Darkness on the Edge of Power

The Speech: Immediate Music: Emergence of Empire

The First Strike: Immediate Music: An Epic Age

Advantage, Evil: Immediate Musc: Empyrean Mercenaries

This is the Last Battle Final Form: Immediate Music: Glory Seeker

Sometimes I think I come a bit too prepared.

you forgot two steps' from hell's Flameheart!

@chaos:yes, i did go there =D. and sephy's a pussy; he didn't blow up the world like kefka did =)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1_ad9TqnVEo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

dunno why.

Well i got a three part one as well haha. Althought i dont remember how to turn the links into the vids ill post the links and experiment til i get it right XD

Haa finally got that bitch to work

Excellent theme for the climatic evil overlord/hero battle in the throne room, particularly if they have a history together or were old friends, each trying to turn the other to their side but realizing both are set in their ways, with death being the only thing to change that (Tactics Ogre Let Us Cling Together PSP-"Theme of Black Knight"):

Of course, if we're going more oriental--and want the Evil Overlord to also be your classic eldritch abomination--one can also call upon the theme used by Okami's biggest bad, Yami ("The Emperor of Darkness"):

And this last one--one I was listening to when I was part of the following scene--fits for that moment the overlord finally deigns to get off his throne and start showing you just how he became the Evil Overlord in the first place (ES Posthumus-Ebla):

With the overlord beaten, the heroes gather around his bloodied carcass, breathing a sigh of relief that the tyrant's dead...before the castle they are in starts to quake all around them a la Zelda 64. With multiple monsters, demons and the architecture itself trying to block their escape, the injured and bloodied heroes dash back to the bottom of the castle as fast as they can before it collapses, every second counting in this race against time. It's a remix of the Super Mario World castle theme ("Bowser's Castle Metal Mix"), and hearing it had that scene pop into my head:

And since that song's bringing back memories, another remix of the SMW castle theme for the enterprising Evil Overlord: