You don't say (Disclaimer: May spoil your day)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hirohashi

Spirit of Fire
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Preferred Character Gender
Genres
My favorite topic would have to be fantasy but I'm more than willing to take part in just about any genre.
Okay, uhm... fucking what?

10987664_523538764453938_6041425271401438207_n.jpg

It turns out this man legitimately said this.

You, sir, need to get the fuck out.

Edit: I figure people having a pleasant day may not want to read this right now so I have put a disclaimer in the title.

Last edited:
... American politicians legitimately scare me. Like, it's terrifying to think that somewhere in the world - no matter how far from my beautiful little country in the heart of Europe - exist people like this and not only they have the right to vote, but they somehow got into Senate.

Um.... wat.... .-.

I... I can't even...

...wat?

Reactions: Hirohashi
o.o

Really? If rib is a lesser meat, then why do I pay so damn much for it at the grocery store?!?! $24 for a rack of ribs, $10 for a family pack of chicken legs.

Seriously, how do some of these people get into office? It scares the shit out of me to think that these idiots are voted for, and after they say stupid crap like this....People still vote for them! Like the guy with the legitimate rape thing.....

And this is why people think Christians are idiots.

I also just want to point out that Adam was basically formed from dirt. Soooo... you know, he'll just ignore that part of his (absolutely terrible) point.

We should ask Snopes.com if he said this! They'll know!

Seriously? he said that?
This is why I hate it when people take out of contest and/or spin their own meaning into bible passages.
Somebody need to put their nose back in the book and actually do some research >:(

I feel a rant coming on, so I'm going to let someone else sum it up . . .

"Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself."
- Mark Twain​

Sometimes I get a sliver of hope for humanity.

And then I realize that dumbasses like this get their way into government and that people vote for these guys.

I don't quite believe in religion but I am sure there is a special place in Hell for people like that.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
For a moment,

I thought he was talking about cannibalism

I think I'll go with that.

Reactions: Turtle of the Tired
I don't feel like doing the research to verify whether or not he really said this.

That said,

He probably did.

Fucking American politics.

I get patriotic for a few days, then shit like this comes up and my buzz is just killed.

I went and looked it up. There's no recording of it or anything, just anonymous sources repeating what he said during a private dinner Republican legislators were having to discuss domestic violence legislation, but apparently he has a huge reputation for saying stupid offensive crap.

The full context of the quote, from what I've read, was that he made some joke about women being best kept "at home baking cookies" or "barefoot and pregnant," then saying to Katrina Shealy (another South Carolina senator, and the only woman at the event, who was elected in 2012) that he saw it only took him two years to get her to wear shoes. Clearly he thinks he's a funny guy. She responded by asking where he got off making such remarks, and he replied with the cute quote in the image.

The other big stupid thing he said that made news, back in 2013, was at another meeting of the SC Republican senators, this one discussing a federal education bill. He gave an anecdote about how when he was in school some teacher talked about tribes in which the elders make younger men fellate them and consume their semen (which is true, a couple tribes in Papau New Guinea do this because they believe it contains some kind of masculine essence and eating it will make young men grow up big and strong and manly), and he used the term "gay man juice" during the explanation. Apparently learning about real facts of the world was offensive and inappropriate and solid proof as to why the federal government should stay out of education.

So yeah, dude's a grade A dipshit. Having lived in the United States all my life, I must sadly say that I am not at all surprised that he made it to the state Senate. There are even worst guys at the national level, after all, and George W. Bush said bonkers shit like this on a regular basis. I have become inured to politician stupidity, it seems.

• Thank You
Reactions: Space Cowboy
... I am not at all surprised that he made it to the state Senate. There are even worst guys at the national level, after all, and George W. Bush said bonkers shit like this on a regular basis. I have become inured to politician stupidity, it seems.

Making it in politics is not about being the best one for the job. It's all about money-money-money.

Every time I see politcs come up, I hope we come one step closer to all the states becoming their own countries.

Without the rest of the US to hold us back, Wisconsin is gonna go Roman on everyone's ass.

Hey, we 'Muricans voted for this guy.

You know, once, back in the 1970's.

It's the song that never ends, some-bo-dee, started singing it, not knowing what it was, and then Jesus came and skullfucked politicians for life~

Status
Not open for further replies.