You Don't Know Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
He read her mind saying that he wouldn't mind hearing the trivial bits of information on her. She looked at him strangely for a moment. Is that part of his ability to know about the secrets in hearts. Could he really people that well?
He wanted her to trust him, but was she even capable of trusting another person like that anymore? Even if she wanted to?

When they reached his house, she half expected him to tell her she had to remove her sneakers. The mansion was beautiful and pristine, but lonely. She walked in behind him, wary and nervous. Should she even be here? Did it matter?
Serena sat on the cpuch, which was admittedly very comfortable. He brought snacks and she picked up little carrots to munch on. Jonathan poured tea into cat cups and she realized that he really wasn't the tough guy everyone thought he was. He's fragile and just trying to get past his fears and memories. Like her.

"Why?" She asked, turning the conversation back to him. She was honestly curious. Why now? Why help her?

Jonathan wasn't a genius, but spending so long in seeing how other people felt things when he didn't had adapted him to understanding others by the looks in their eyes or their body language. He just sensed these odd things about people all of the time.
He knew that it was a long shot to try and get her to trust him, but he would do anything to make it happen, anything to make her smile.

There wasn't a rule about removing shoes in the house, seeing as it had just always been like that. It was a big house and Jonathan had never really liked it. It felt too big for him alone to live in. He smiled slightly to make her less nervous and allowed her to come in with him.
When she had sat on the couch, he had taken a bit of time to get the snacks. He himself didn't enjoy sweets that much, but he'd heard girls should have a thing for eating sweets, thus he included the biscuits. He took some grapes himself and ate them after pouring the tea. He had never wanted to be a tough guy, but it was his only way of surviving his depressions, making everyone see him as tough and emotionless.

"Hmm... why indeed..." He said softly, smiling awkwardly. "I guess I just really want to see a smile on your face..." He admitted with a little blush on his cheeks.

They'd been in school, in some of the same classes for awhile now, so why would he pay any attention to someone as insignificant and worthless as she was now? He didn't want to see a smile before? What motive did he have to lie though?

Serena stared at him for a second, then flashed him a curt smile that disappeared as soon as it had come and didn't reach her eyes. "Why would you want me to trust you now? Didn't you get what you wanted?"

Jonathan had always been looking at her when she didn't notice it. He did remember her. But how could he say anything to her? He was just the freak that had shut in around the time that she had been hurt as well. How could he tell her about that.

Jonathan looked down in defeat as he sighed. "I didn't get what I want. For a long time now, I've been wanting your trust. But I didn't know how to approach you. I was always looking at you, wondering how I could turn your frown into a smile and never succeeding."

Serena shook her head and looked down at her lap. She didn't respond well to so much attention, especially from this tortured soul who so desperately needed a friend. Soo..why not? She should take a risk once in her life right? He sure seemed trustworthy. All he had to do was have faith in someone else,,,for the first time in a very long time. It might be easier than she first thought...

"Well maybe...that's because you don't know what makes me smile. You don't know me. So..I guess we should get to know each other...if you really want to be my friend after all. I might not be rise to your expectations. Just warning you." She mumbled, a little self-conscious about it all.

Jonathan knew exactly what we felt like. In the end, who wouldn't? Anyone would know of this abyss when you'd sink and sink, fall and reach your hand up towards the light as it got smaller. The only difference was that some people got out of this abyss eventually, while the light was still there, just faintly, and others, such as Serena and himself, stayed in the blackness falling by until the little dot of light disappeared, eaten by the darkness.

Shaking his head at this, Jonathan looked at her. "I know... I know that. I'm going to try and get to know you, Serena. That's the reason I even started talking to you... and I also want you to feel better... I know exactly how it feels to fall into darkness, and thinking it's too late to get up again with darkness here, there and everywhere... but... I think that, with you, I'll be able to see the light somewhere again... I'll be able to find my light again, and maybe that'll help me with assisting you in finding your light."

Reactions: Ravenbelle
Serena let her hair hang down around her face in a defensive curtain as he spoke. The darkness and the light...she knew tjen what he had already realized. They understood each other so well with hardly any words. How had she not seen it before. Every word he spoke was true about them both and he had described it so perfectly that her eyes met his gaze at the end.

For a moment she didn't speak. Could it be that she wouldn't feel so lonely anymore? With Jonathan?
She didn't know what to say. It was one of the most touching things she'd ever heard spoken to her or anyone. So instead, she leaned toward him and wrapped her arms around him, squeezing so that her face nuzzled against his chest

Jonathan didn't truly know if she was going to accept it. Because, even if he was right, even if she knew that he was right, she could still just reject him without anything else, without any reason. So to find her meeting his gaze calmed down the black hole forming in his chest. It made him able to breathe to see that she would truly, honestly accept what he had to say. She would become his friend and let him help her.

When she didn't speak, he got a bit worried, but something in him wasn't really that worried about anything anymore.
He hadn't known the impact of his words, and he smiled when her arms wrapped around him. He wrapped his own arms around her back, petting her hair as he hummed into her ear gently. He didn't make any other moves, not wanting to scare her away so soon.

• Love
Serena liked the feel of his arms around her. His heartbeat was a sweet and rhythmic lullaby that calmed her as much as his hands on her hair. This embrace, the first form of physical contact she had instigated in what seemed like forever, was heavenly. She never thought it'd feel so warm to be held like this..so comforting. "Thank you Jonathan. Thank you." She whispered.

She supposed that she probably shouldn't have indulged in the hug for so long, but eventually she noticed that she didn't hear the rain.
Serena untangled herself from Jonathan's arms and looked out the window. "Oh...the storm must have passed over us." The sun would be setting soon. "I think I have to go. But I'll see you tomorrow. Okay? Do you want my phone number..you know...in case something happens?" She blushed a little. Maybe she shouldn't have asked. It might be weird

Jonathan was going to keep her safe, for all that it was worth in the world. If that couldn't happen, he was going to break himself down from the inside. He knew that his only resort now was to try and save Serena who had become so important to him in such a short amount of time. It embarrassed him but the happiness overpowered it. "You don't need to thank me... thank yourself for your strength." He whispered back as he looked at her.

He truly meant these words. He couldn't have done this without her. If she didn't want to be helped, then he wouldn't have been able to. He had wanted to help her, and she had accepted it. That had been a big step for her as she had been in such denial... and he was so proud of her for what had happened. He looked out when she mentioned the storm and smiled. "Well, the weather demon is trying to ruin the day, it seems." But then he patted her hair and nodded slightly, snatching her phone and typing in his number. "Send me a text and I'll save the number." When he was about to walk out, he turned to her and looked at her with a serious expression. "If anything happens, anything at all, no matter what time it is, I want you to call me and I'll be there."

• Love
She smiled at the whispered words in her ear. Jonathan really seemed to care. It was crazy what could happen in a day. He patted her hair and she marveled at how she had shut this out for so long all the way home. She also texted him an awkward 'hi' and was surprised to find how close she lived to Jonathan. Big empty houses are apparently close to each other on most occasions.

His serious and protective words kept echoing in her head and it made Serena feel safer to have someone to call. to have someone to confide in. What had she been doing all this time?!
If anything happens, anything at all, no matter what time it is, I want you to call me and I'll be there.
Beautiful words they were and she hoped he knew how big an influence they had on her up until...she fell asleep in another empty house

Jonathan had this... quirk about his personality that not many had seen. When he was determined, he would not step back for anything. Anything. He would go through water, ice, fire, lava, anything to get what he wanted. If he couldn't have that, he'd find something else. Search for other ways. He couldn't give up and it both helped and cursed him. Him and Serena lived surprisingly close to each other.

Probably, the houses that fit them were close to each other, that seemed pretty realistic. His phone buzzed and he texted her back a "hi" just as awkwardly as he allowed himself to blush. He wasn't all that used to texting, after all. When he was locked in his house again, it seemed that his world fell back onto him, and he forced himself up to his bed as he tried to fall asleep. But he couldn't. In this house, he seemed to see those ropes everywhere. Here, and there. Aside from that, he heard the sound of cars crashing no matter what he did to block it out. This house traumatized him, but he just couldn't let it go.

Her parents had left a note on the kitchen counter with money and a notice that they were on a business trip for awhile. 'Awhile'. They didn't even tell her when they'd be back. so she sighed, took a shower that did nothing to help clear her thoughts, then crawled into bed with sweat pants and a tank top on. It took her an hour to sleep and when she finally did, well she didn't dream. She had painful memories flash in her head, worse than they'd ever been because not only did she relive her own horrible past, but her subconscious also pictured what Jonathon's past could have. His child hood was not to be mentioned. So seeing it all, feeling it all in her sleep...well it was enough to make her go insane.

She jolted up into a sitting position screaming bloody murder, but the images didn't fade. They played behind her eyes like a terrifyingly broken record. Serena began to hyperventilate, holding her chest as it became increasingly harder to breathe. Why won't they go away?! What could she do?! She could only think of one thing.
Her phone lay by her bedside and she picked it up with trembling hands that took her 5 tries to call the right person. Jonathan. Tears started streaming down her face endlessly as the phone rang in her ear until he picked up and she whimpered loud at the pain in her chest. Whether it was the squeeze of her heart or the ache in her lungs, she couldn't tell anymore.
"Jona-than? I..I can't..It...hurts--" She gasped for air like a fish out of water and sobbed painfully. "Help!" She yelped, utterly terrified since she had no idea what to do.

In the end, Jonathan couldn't sleep at all and just lied awake in his bed, dreading over his sad memories. He hated being alone, he hated being scared, he hated being like this, shut into a world of his own, god damned thoughts. Because it'd always cause him pain, no doubt, no doubt at all. He was a person who would never be allowed to feel anything but pain, and he hated it so much. The fact that Serena was going through the same made tears well in his eyes, and silently he cried through some of the night, still not being allowed to fall asleep at all. His eyes widened when he was suddenly obstructed in his tracks by his phone chiming in his ear. He scrambled from the bed and picked it up, widening his eyes at the caller ID. Oh no.

When he listened to her, he got more and more worried, and he was out of the bed and down in the hall in the fraction of a second. "Stay right where you are! I'm coming to your house now, so just talk to me, talk to me, okay?!" He said franctically into the phone as he slipped on shoes and a jacket, running through the town, shielding for the wind with his collar. When he finally got to the house, he ripped open the front door and ran inside after slamming it behind him.
After a few seconds of searching he found her room. He ran inside when he saw how she was lying there on the bed, and his arms wrapped around her as he took the still half-sleeping girl into his arms. He looked into her eyes worriedly as he stroked a lock of hair from her face. He didn't know what to do, he only knew that he had to protect her at any cost. Any cost at all. He did not want to see her get hurt.
"Serena... please calm down... I'm here now... I'm right here.... where does it hurt...? Do you need me to take you somewhere...?" Jonathan asked in a soothing voice as he wiped her tears away, kissing her cheek comfortingly.

His voice answered her immediately, but she couldn't stop panicking for some reason. The images from that night wouldn't stop replaying as she lied, wide eyed on the bed, trembling and gasping desperately for air.
"They w-won't go away! And I-" Serenacut herself off with a whimper on the phone, staring off into nothing though she could hear the wind in Jonathan's phone. "It's hard to-to breathe..." she murmured, hardly audible until she heard a noise at the front door. Part of her wondered how he got in but most of her mind was full of terror and pain.
She might have blanked out of reality for a little bit and then she sense arms wrap around her and a lock of hair get pulled from her face. Her whole body quivered as he spoke yet she didn't really comprehend what he said. She ws trapped in a cage of agony and fear she could not break out of even as he wiped away her tears and pressed his lips to her cheek. the new sensations overwhelmed her somehow and the emotions swelled into a tidal wave--a flashback.

The stench of alcohol hit her nostrils and grubby hands touched her everywhere .
Serena screamed again and struggled out of his arms to curl up in a ball at the foot of the bed, covering her misty eyes with the heels of her palms. "Let go..let go..." she sobbed, hardly able to breathe. She felt dizzy then, and wavered at the edge of the bed, close to falling.

Jonathan immediately let go when she screamed, and worry filled him to the brim. He crawled over to her slowly, though not touching her directly. He just stayed there and stared at her with pain reflecting in his eyes. He knew what was happening.
Serena was having a flashback, and a horrible one at that. He'd have to soothe her somehow, something, anything. He thought frantically as he spoke to her, not knowing what else he could do. "Serena... there's no one here that can hurt you... no one here will hurt you, it's just me, Jonathan, remember? I'm the boy from back then... the boy that couldn't speak to you.."
He murmured the words in a gentle voice, hoping that this sort of thing worked to spark another memory instead of those horrible ones. "I was that little boy staring at you, remember him, try and remember him. He wanted to help you, that boy. But he was very scared, maybe if you talk to him he'd be able to help you." Jonathan whispered in a gentle voice, still not laying as much as a finger onto her body. Instead, he had sat by the bed with his hands on the edge of it. He didn't want to make her feel any worse than she already was.

"Because that boy is here now too. He still wants to talk to you, maybe make you feel better. He's worried."
Jonathan gently patted her head, but only for about a second before he removed his hand again. "He really wants you to talk to him, he can see that you're not feeling very well." He said as he waited for her to react. He wanted her to snap out of this memory, mostly because it was so horrible, such a horrible memory for her.

His gentle words were sporadically heard inside Serena's scattered cerebrum.
"I'm the boy from back then..... remember him, try...help you..He's worried....talk to him" They faded in and out of her focus like a radio out of range. His soft tone of voice helped her calm down, but he touched her again and she flinched, trying to keep her eyes shut to the terrible monsters in her heart. Somewhere in her messed up thought process, his words made sense, and she saw images of a miserable orphan, rumored to have lost his parents.. how she had wanted to befriend him anyway.
Though she was still in anxious tears, Serena slowly let her eyes flutter open and she saw him. Jonathan. She had called him and he had come to her rescue. Serena's eyes widened and she immediately reached for him, clutching his arm for dear life. "You--came." She sobbed. "I--so ..scared."

Jonathan smiled and patted her hand with his own as she grabbed his arm, unsure if he should hug her or not.
"Yes... of course I did. I told you that you could call me anytime, and if you'd need help, I would definitely dash right over." He murmured as he gently took her hand in his own, holding it comfortingly. "Don't be afraid to ask help. Please, you've got to get over this. If you continue down this road, you'll end up going crazy. And you don't want that... I know you don't. No one does." Jonathan said gently as he looked into her eyes with a serious expression. "I'm not asking you to forget, or "deal with it", but you have got to try to get it somewhere in your life where it doesn't cause this much pain."
Jonathan knew exactly what he was talking about, and he was working on it himself. He had to figure out what he should have done after his parents' deaths, but sitting and going crazy wasn't going to help him. So he'd stored it in a part of himself where it didn't do him any damage, where it could be without him having to go crazy over it.

Jonathan was dependable, honest. She had not met anyone like that in so long that she couldn't stop crying both in pain and happiness.How had she been so lucky to find him today? She felt she'd known him forever instead of less than 24 hours. They were both familiar with pain and he could help her. He already was.
Serena nodded, fragility obvious inmore than just her trembling body and teary eyes.

Jonathan smiled as he gently took her hand, leading her to the kitchen by her instruction. He seated her in a chair as he started brewing her a cup of tea. When that was done, he placed it on the table in front of her, smiling slightly. He wanted to make sure she knew how he felt. That he wanted to rescue her from her pain and suffering, so that they could survive together in the cruel world.
"Here you are, if you want anything else, I can make it for you." Jonathan said as he sat down, looking at her. "It's a herbal tea, I'm sure it'll serve to calm you down."

Status
Not open for further replies.