You can't take the sky from me (Firefly inspired Sci-Fi RP)

Shall we be Respectable Mercenaries or Mercenary-Criminals

• Respectable!

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Criminals!

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • There's a difference?

Votes: 11 57.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, quick question. What is the Infiltrator job supposed to be? And what is the ambassador's job if it's not Firefly's version of whoring. Also #8 is blank, any idea of what to fill that with?
Also the chaotic banter of who's picking what job is a bit confusing, but I'm okay with being the cook or medic.

Also @Sora1297, did you take Luke Skywalker's entire character? I don't mind inspiration taken from other fictional characters but this seems like a blatant copy. I would also like to point out that your character is 19 and already piloting his own ship. His father was a farmer and Maarcuu only had a job among other pilots for two years. Where did the money for the ship come from and how does Maarcuu gain followers at such a young age? How does he gain the respect of King Ridley-Scott II when he is an unknown farmer boy? It just doesn't make any sense to me at all.

Also Ridley Scott is a real life person. If we're gonna make someone king, can we make Robert Downey Jr. the king? He's very kingly, in my opinion.

Also you are the captain. Your character is not captain material.
"He doesn't like to do things by himself and would rather have someone give him orders to follow."

If you had any ambitious crew members on your ship, there would be a rebellion before Maarcuu even knew what was happening.

"Since he is not human, he doesn't fully understand a lot of what people do or reasons behind human behaviour."
Maarcuu's bio states that he grew up on a human populated planet and lived among them as farmers for most of his life before leaving to go to the academy but yet your character still doesn't understand humans. Maarcuu grew up with them. Why can't he understand them suddenly?

Please take this as constructive criticism.

Last edited:
Reactions: LVL1337N00B
I got to ask. Is this even going to be Western themed?

I'd suggest checking out the OOC to see the answer to that question. There's a link for it nearby somewhere a page back I think.
Right. I'm not going to lie. I only read the OP.

So I checked it out. Definitely sounds interesting. Gives off the Firefly vibe strongly. Is there a list of crew available crew positions? I swear I saw one the first time I read it but on the second time through I couldn't find it.

So I checked it out. Definitely sounds interesting. Gives off the Firefly vibe strongly. Is there a list of crew available crew positions? I swear I saw one the first time I read it but on the second time through I couldn't find it.
There is, but apparently its full and the OP hasn't updated any of it so no one really knows..

Ah. This might make choosing a crew position hard. Any suggestions?

I've honestly no idea what's open or left. The OP hasn't been the most responsive, but I guess that's a normal issue with group RPs. Why I tend to avoid them unless its really active. But that's just me.

There is a blank spot for number 8 and I don't think everyone in the actual thread has claimed their spot from this interest thread though. You'll have to post there and find out.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
I have no idea what's going on with the jobs. It's really confusing.

I know that somebody is making a cook sheet and a pilot sheet. The Infiltrator and captain have already been made, but unless the people from the interest thread claim the other roles, they're open to the public.

Reactions: Thuro 116 Pendragon
Status
Not open for further replies.