You can't take the sky from me (Firefly inspired Sci-Fi RP)

Shall we be Respectable Mercenaries or Mercenary-Criminals

• Respectable!

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Criminals!

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • There's a difference?

Votes: 11 57.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are welcome. *smiles* Really the only ideas I have so far is that Elijah comes from a small town on a moderately poor mining planet that had a lot of travelers come through it for fuel and repairs. He had a good life growing up and learned how to work with machines from both his parents. He left because the stories the travelers would tell enchanted him, and he wanted adventures of his own.

Well, if you have any questions when it comes to the medical world, just ask away.

Reactions: Kairia
I was playing around with the idea of my family being extremely poor and unkind to my character, and at the point of getting onto the ship, my character is escaping her family because they have conspired to sell her to a brothel. I was thinking Elijah could be her great friend who helps her get through it, possibly not quite knowing the full extent of what's going on.

Ideas, ideas.

Reactions: KageKaioh
I could definitely see him filling that kind of role. He fights to see the good side of things, and is a rather caring person overall, at least to those he considers friends. I would imagine his parents would have also helped, allowing her to stay with them from time to time and sharing what little they had with her.

Reactions: Kairia
Alright, sounds like the decision to keep the sheets simple but semi-detailed has been agreed upon.

I'll come up with some faction ideas today. Hopefully I'll have the OoC up by the end of the weekend, but don't quote me on that.

Out of curiosity, anybody got a title idea? I'm thinking "Across the Galaxy", or perhaps "You Can't Take The Sky From Me".

Anyone got a good one that I can use?

Gah, title are my worst subject. I like 'You can't take the sky from me' but how about something like Honor in a den of thieves? Ugh I dunno, you guys be creative with the title! ^_^;

Apologies if you already specified -- but what category would this fall under post-wise?

Because I'm potentially very, VERY interested. Oh, and do you have a pilot?

Really, I'd say minimum of two paragraphs per post, but there's no Max. Just don't write an entire book or God Mod, let everyone else write the story :)

If you were to join, what position would you be? I think we've got an Ambassador/Linguist (or whatever @The16thPun wanted to be), an Infiltrator, "The Muscle", a Medic, and a Pilot/Captain.

Somebody feel free to correct me if I'm wrong or if I missed somebody.

But I can drop the "Pilot" portion of my character if you wanted to be our primary. Maarcuu knows how to fly and he's pretty adept, but he's also required for missions as a captain, so I can let somebody else handle our ship!

Well, if you don't mind giving up that role - I'll gladly take the position of pilot.

He could double as a mechanic/pilot if needed -- but I believe someone else is making a mechanic, yes?

Sure, why not?

@PetticoatLane, just out of curiosity, what other roles were you thinking of? I'm most likely gonna make you the pilot (or co-pilot who operates the ship more often then the captain does), but I'm curious

Well there's always a cook, a mechanic/engineer, a diplomat/ambassador (not a Companion or Prostitute), you know?

An i good to be a companion?

Sure, if you want to be. Although I'll probably change the name so its more original to this story as opposed to blatantly stealing from Joss Whedon.

Reactions: LVL1337N00B
Again, I'll figure out the name and a few details about the organization.

Oh. Okay. That's cool then. Thought you wanted me to, my bad sorry for misunderstanding

Status
Not open for further replies.