You can't take the sky from me (Firefly inspired Sci-Fi RP)

Shall we be Respectable Mercenaries or Mercenary-Criminals

• Respectable!

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Criminals!

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • There's a difference?

Votes: 11 57.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another story idea. We could all start BEFORE there is even a crew, or possibly a ship. Our journey can start as the pilot is trying to buy a ship or make the ship he inherits to work again. Maybe the pilot has a friend (the muscle?) who is trying to help him out. Maybe they try to steal a part and the police get into it all. The others can jump into the fray somehow. Just an idea.

Reactions: LVL1337N00B
Hmmm... So have it be a consecutive thing that spans over the course of a few weeks as a prologue?

Reactions: Kairia
I would prefer to start on the ship, but if the majority vote is for the other idea, I am sure I can work with it.

I'd also prefer to start on the ship unless someone pulls my character into the fight/onto the ship there wouldn't be much chance she'd get herself involved before offer of payment. :)

We could start a prologue chapter AFTER the first, maybe.

REMEMBER WHEN I FIRST GOT THE SHIP ...-Flashback Episode-

We could start a prologue chapter AFTER the first, maybe.

REMEMBER WHEN I FIRST GOT THE SHIP ...-Flashback Episode-
Also interesting idea, but I'd feel like we'd get carried away in the prologue too long and forget about the present.

Yeah, that's true.

Although~

If we wanted, we could do short prologue stories of how the captain/pilot/main man/woman on the ship met the crew and discovered the ship itself, all in PM's. Then, when we have all that done (maybe 2-3 paragraphs explaining the arc of "Hey we just met, now we're agreeing, and now you're part of the crew" like in the episode of Firefly "Out of Gas").

Just a thought if we really wanted to go ahead with prologues as an alternative and keep the primary story inside of the IC.

Now then, here's another question: Reavers and the Alliance. Or better yet, Reaver/Aliiance-like groups in our galaxy? Did we want to include those, because I had an idea for a war-like race who's motives are similar to that of the Klingons/The Daleks and a government group who is actually more corrupt then it looks (my character actually used to work for them as a pilot before he found out they had been committing horrific acts in terms of scientific discovery/genetic intervention)

I love the idea and why not have several different 'bad guy' factions. While a roleplay can't survive on action alone it would give incentive and motivation for them to keep moving, to keep sticking together even when things are tense and to keep doing what they do basically.

I'm completely in favor of various factions, as opposed to a single enemy. Instead of just just two sets to oppose eachother though, it'd be neat to have multiple factions with their own alliances. However you go with it, there should totally be a completely chaotic faction that helps sometimes, but wrecks your biz other times.

That could be interesting. Would we then post those as part of our intros, or would they come into the story later on? Or perhaps keep them in OOC, like adding them to our profiles?

As for the factions- yes, absolutely. They are a mechanism that is needed in any good world and story. I also agree with there being more than two, as that would also give us more choices of where to go for work and for those who try to stop us/cause trouble.

Alright, factions are in xD

As for the intros, they'd be more oriented towards the role on the ship. Like, for example, if the captain lands the ship in hopes that the crew can gather a few passengers/new crew members, then we could go about the system of introductions however we wanted.

What I was thinking for the flash-back part was something we would put in either the opening post of the IC (as a pre-post to my starting post) or our character sheets in a section labeled: "How did you get aboard this ship?".

Anything else you guys want to pitch/talk about? How about the intensity of the character sheet? Full of details, or vague enough to give an explanation while allowing for creative freedom in the IC?

For the CS I usually love to go quite in depth with mine however it does ruin some of the mystery/fun. So a happy medium between the basic's and detailed works best for me. Enough so we can have a bit of an idea how we might have worked together over a short period in time but not enough that all the mystery is ruined and there's little to discover/explore IC.

I'd prefer to have a reputation section, rather than a full biography. What they're known for and who would know them, instead of their whole life story. A short personal record, maybe.

• Love
Reactions: 2 people
I have a really hard time coming up with a full character sheet right off the bat. I like to "discover" my character and not have all my secrets out in the open. I agree with |337m45t3r5 opinion.

As for the factions: how about a Robin Hood type one? Steals from the wealthy (or whoever) and gives to a certain community/planet that is in poverty (or maybe not in poverty anymore, from all the stealing). Maybe another faction all about that slave trade.

Oh. Another idea-esque thing. Could I be someone's sibling or close-friend? I would play a horrible medic. I don't know two cents about doctoring but I think being someone's sister or comrade would make for great story-making and maybe I could become a medic or find a talent somewhere in there? Just throwing ideas around here.

So one more question. Is there magic or just science, or both? Because if there's magic, obviously we've got to come up with some rules with how it all works and what not.

I like the relations.

That could be misconstrued. Easily.

I would be fine with her being close friends for Elijah, my mechanic, just so long as she can deal with his weird sense of humor and childish nature. Also, if you want any help with medical info, I am fairly knowledgeable when it comes to such things, as I have a obsession interest in the macabre.

As for character sheets, I prefer something more vague. Like Kairia, I prefer to let my characters show themselves bit by bit through the story.

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Thank you for the offer @KageKaioh. I'm sure we can figure out our own backstory and what not. It'll be easier to once we've built upon our universe here unless you've already got some ideas. And I am always down to learn something new, especially macabre.

Status
Not open for further replies.