You can't take the sky from me (Firefly inspired Sci-Fi RP)

Shall we be Respectable Mercenaries or Mercenary-Criminals

• Respectable!

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Criminals!

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • There's a difference?

Votes: 11 57.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a good show, very funny with how the characters constantly make fun of each other.

The joke I was talking about is in the second episode of the series, its pretty easy to find.

I usually like to play simple roles. I'm thinking on playing the muscle, someone to do the heavy lifting, punch things that need to be punched, stand around and look imposing when collecting payments. Still looking around and thinking, but that's probably what I'll go with, if that works for you guys.

Reactions: Kairia
Alright, sounds good to me

When running a shady business, enforcers typically are needed, so I am all for the idea of your character.

Oi! Who said anything about "shady"?

We prefer the term "Space Cowboys" :3

Space banditos done shot up the space sheriff. That mysterious stranger from deep space gone have himself a duel with One Optic-Sensor Sam at high noon.. Or what we reckon to be high noon, considering it's a mite difficult to tell time in space.

On second thought, just go back to the Space Missionary thing. Space Cowboys can be their own thing.

*laughs* The poll right at the top says mercenaries- how are mercs not shady?

Stop adding logic into my science fiction! XD

Kidding, I appreciate it. Glad to know we've got a good group of RPers involved with this!

Pft, not my fault our capt'n doesn't have enough of his own. Someone has to throw it in there.

*smiles* I know that kind of joke when I see one, no worries. I just get confused sometimes.

A good merc is a gray one, I say. Gotta be willing to do some stuff you might not fully agree with if you wanna get paid, right?

True, very true. After all, we just do what we can to get by in the 'verse, don't we?

Reactions: LVL1337N00B
I'm thinking along the lines of an infiltrator type. Somewhere between a companion and a thief. Though I'll need to flesh the idea out a bit more.

I've been thinking and I haven't come up with a whole lot. Usually my characters are a bit on the quiet side but I'm trying to think of what my character will be useful for.

Medic, maybe? Mercs are bound to get shot up from time to time.

All of those ideas sound great.

I'll try to get the OoC up soon, but while I work lets continue discussing things.

No, you're good. Welcome aboard

Last edited:
So, the crew's background. Did you have any kind of shared history in mind? How long will our characters have been together?

Status
Not open for further replies.