You can't fix me

• Thread starter catastrophicDaydreamer
  • Start date
Terra turned the bottle over in her hands. "I've thought about throwing them out. They don't work like they used to."

"Yet you're still taking them?" Setsuna questioned as she stopped to look at her drawing, and put her pencil down when she was sure she was satisfied with it.

Terra nodded. "They stop the urges...and they make my head stop hurting. Besides, I like the rush they give me."

"Hm.... I never take the medication i'm given. They never help, and the voices I hear aren't what you really think they are," Setsuna spoke as she looked at Terra. "Do you hate the voices that you hear?" She asked curiously as she tilted her head to the side questioningly.

Terra held her arm. "Sometimes...but not always."

Max stood on the roof of the asylum, watching birds and the like pass by. He sighed, and looked over his hands. Dirty, as per the usual. He sat, and rested his chin on his knees. It was a nice day out, to him atleast. Someone would notice him eventually, and tell him to get down. Max would most likely ignore them, and probably make some sort of rude gesture. This was the kind of person Max was, at least when he was half-sane.

"Hm, I see," Setsuna said absentmindedly as she began to mess with her plush bunny's ear. "Would you like to join me in taking a walk?" She asked, directing the question to Terra as she closed her sketchbook and stood up. Her curiosity of looking around in her new 'home', to find things or a place that she might prefer to stay. As she thought about it, her mind began to wander back to when she was still in her old 'home'. She remembered when she happened to find a passage that lead her to the attic that no one went to, and found tranquility in the cold and dim, barely lit attic that gave her solitude. From the small window that was jammed shut, she was able to see everyone that ran around chaotically. It was though, a bit disappointing when that side of the building where the attic was located, burnt down. As she took a moment to think back, she buried her past memories back as she brought her attention back to Terra, waiting for an answer. Although she didn't expect much, she didn't really mind company as long as their voices didn't overpower and compete with the one's that never go away.

Looking down at the blood on her hands, holding the two knives, Z felt her heart start to race. What happened to me? She thought, looking around in a confused daze. Suddenly, there were hands on her arms, pulling them behind her back. She was jerked around and face to face with men in white suits. Out of the corner of her eye, Z saw her parents looking at her with disgusted terror. Her mom was weeping bitter tears and Z could hear the words her mother was shouting even though her ears were buzzing. "You're a monster! A killer! My own child, a demon!" Her mother's throat was cracking, and Z felt tears well up in her eyes. What did I do? She tried standing to go to her mother, but rough hands tugged her down forcefully. Suddenly, she was picked up and thrown recklessly into the back of a van. Z winced as pain blossomed throughout her side and arm, where she landed. The dried blood on her hands were beginning to flake off, a brownish-red color. The smell was overwhelming as she stood to look out of the van window. "Mom! Wait! What did I do? Don't leave me! Mom!" Z called out, her voice rising the farther they drove away. Instead of stopping the van, her mother and father glared at her before turning their back and walking away, not giving her a second glance. Tears fell down Z's face as she started sitting in the van's floor. Suddenly, Z felt a hand on her shoulder and looked up in surprise. Through her tears, Z saw Elliot looking at her with a pained expression; guilt. "Z, I'm so sorry. If I hadn't started talking to you, you would never be here." He whispered, rubbing Z's arm gently. "It's okay...I'm glad you're here. Just promise me something." Z said, looking up into Z's golden eyes. Elliot nodded and looked at her, determined. "Don't leave me. You're the only person I can trust and I don't know what I would do if you left me too." Z tried not to cry before she finished the sentence, but her throat tightened and tears started falling. Elliot's eyes widened and he set his jaw, nodding. "Of course, I would never leave you. Ever. I'll always be by your side." He promised, wrapping Z in a tight hug, not letting go as they got closer and closer to the mental hospital.

Reactions: Kuroshi
Max watched the van come in, frowning. As it came to a stop, he came as close to the edge as he could. He waved to the van, back to grinning like a madman. Footsteps behind him caught his attention, and he spun on his heel. A man dressed in white stood there, one of the asylums guards and caretakers.
"You're here to take me away, aren't you. Back down to the ground, aren't you."
"Afraid so, pal. Come on now, nice and easy away from that ledge."
"I can fly, you know. There's no need for you to worry."
"Of course you can! I don't want you to work too hard, though, so come on over here."
"No, thank you. I'll pass."

The guard came closer, and Max met his eyes. "I am not coming down now. I want to stay up here." The white-dressed man stopped, and blinked a few times. He turned, and left. Max, now alone again, sat on the edge, legs dangling. He hummed to himself, switching from song to song, his eyes locked on nothing, watching the skies.

Terra smiled. I'd like that." She said. She got up and put her sketchbook back in her bag.

Kiyo Hiyo stayed in her locked room, and watched as the clock ticked. She didn't know what to think, what to do. Her mind was in a state of melancholy, and she couldn't get out of it.
"Kami-sama," she whispered, thinking about God in Japanese. "Where am I?" She frowned, because there was no such thing as God. Kiyo Hiyo tried to think of the reason she was in an insane person place.

"Alright," Setsuna smiled as she turned her heels to walk wherever her intuition led her... Or where the voices she heard led her. Although she was well aware of wandering around places that they couldn't trespass, she overlooked that thought, not caring as to whether she would be punished or not. "Are you familiar with most of the locations of this place?" Setsuna asked, her question not directed to anyone in particular as she fixed the headphone on top of her head.

Terra shook her head. I only know of the break room, my room and the lobby...and maybe the code room, but I don't quite know what's in there. Apparently that's where people go as a punishment. I saw a girl go in there earlier today."

"Ah, I see. So that's what the commotion from earlier was all about," Setsuna spoke as a mischievous smile spread across her face. "Want to go take a look? I want to see what the code room is like," she said curiously as she grinned, wanting to find out how different the punishment room was compared to the one in her past. "So that's where she died...." Setsuna mumbled to herself with a smile as her eyes had a vacant look in them. "Do you mind if you show me where it is?" Setsuna asked, to confirm the girl's agreement. If not, she would just go and search for it herself, or ask the one's who 'used' to live there.

Z snapped her eyes open in shock as she felt iron clamp around her wrists. Looking around, she noticed Elliot was nowhere to be seen. The back of the van opened and Z was shoved out the back, landing forcefully on the gravel. Groaning, Z felt two people grip her and drag her into a standing position. Z's curiosity got the best of her and she looked around, her eyes catching on a boy sitting on the roof. She saw him wave down to the van and raised an eyebrow. Her thoughts were disturbed when a man hit the back of her head. "Get movin'" He said, almost mechanically. Z sighed and lifted her head high. She knew she had lost her sanity already, since Elliot was just a figment of her imagination and she was just downright insane, so the stay might not be that bad. A smile spread onto Z's face for no apparent reason before she started walking into the mad house. The hallways were winding, but they finally came to her room. It looked like a cell, but it didn't bother her too much. It was better than the mental hospitals she had seen in movies. Z felt as the guards took the iron clamps from around her wrists and shoved her into the room. "In a few hours, you can roam around as you please. For now, you're in confinement." One of the guards said before turning on his heel. "Wait!" She called out, the guards stopping. "Do any of you, by any chance, have a book?" She asked, a wide smile appearing on her face. A guard turned around and threw a book to her. Z caught it and looked at the cover. Pride and Prejudice. "Read it. It'll be good for kids your age to read." He scoffed humorlessly. Then the guards left, leaving Z by herself. Humming a small tune, Z crossed to the bed and sat on it. In a matter of minutes, she had started to read; anything to make the hours go by faster until she wasn't in confinement.

Terra shrugged. "Sure." She led Setsuna towards the door marked "Code Room" "This is it." She said.

The hours passed by, and Z threw the book onto the bed, already finished. With a click, Z noticed the lock on her door had unlatched, meaning she could walk around freely. Standing, a smile spread onto Z's face and she was excited. Hearing somebody clear their throat, Z turned and saw Elliot walking towards her. "There you are! Where have you been? You missed out, I was reading Pride and Prejudice." Z announced, a smirk playing on her lips. "Yeah, I saw that. You looked interested in it, so I didn't want to interrupt. As for where I was, I was checking out the place. It's cool, I think there might be secret tunnels somewhere!" He said, looking as excited as Z was. Z shrieked in joy and clapped her hands, running to her cell door and yanking it open. Elliot ran after her while she ran quickly down the halls. "Where to first, Elliot?" She called behind her, wild excitement clear in her voice. "Let's go to the kitchens first!" She heard him say, and she agreed. Z searched for a few minutes before entering the kitchens. Her stomach growled loudly and she looked around. "Food..." She said, walking over to a fridge. When she opened it, she saw a food paradise. "Yes! I'm starving!" Z grabbed two pieces of bread and started eating it. She hadn't eaten since she had breakfast that morning. Getting tired of the kitchen, Z decided to explore the mental hospital. She was walking for a while before she came to a door leading outside. She scrunched her nose, wondering if it was alright for her to go out. Shrugging, Z pushed open the door that led into a wide area, surrounded by a fence. She kept walking until she came to a big tree, starting to climb it. When she reached a big sturdy branch, Z sat and leaned her back against the trunk, looking at the horizon. Z's eyes widened at the beauty of the vast greenery surrounding the hospital. Then, she pulled out her notebook from her back pocket and started writing down ideas for stories. After a while of writing, Z put the notebook away and stared at the image ahead of her. Bright blue skies, birds flying, hills and small houses, every once in a while some animals; it was amazing.

Terra touched the door of the code room, feeling the wood on her fingers. She then made a fist with her hand and lightly knocked, so it wouldn't alert any of the workers.