You can't fix me

• Thread starter catastrophicDaydreamer
  • Start date
Setsuna heard a voice unlike the ones that are usually filled with anger and malice, and looked up to where it come from to see a girl standing above her. She tilted her head questioningly at the girl and pulled her headphone down to hang over her neck as she smiled back at the girl, to show that she was listening. "Hey," She greeted back as she looked at the girl, noticing that she was the girl she saw previously who also had a sketchbook.

"I noticed you like to draw." She said. I have a bit of a passion for it myself. She pulled another sketchbook out of her bag, one filled with her own drawings. Some where twisted, disturbing and angry. Others were quite the opposite. She handed it to the girl. "You can look if you want...but if you don't that's ok, too."

Setsuna nodded eagerly at the girl and curiously took a look at her sketchbook. She then handed the girl her own sketchbook and smiled. "It wouldn't be right if I only got to take a look at yours," Setsuna spoke as she patted down at the ground next to her to offer the girl a seat beside her.

Terra smiled and sat down. This is going better than I thought it would.

Although Setsuna gave off a friendly vibe with her smile, she didn't really know what to think of the girl approaching her. Though it was fine, since all she knew was to act like a civil person. She didn't know what the reason for smiling is exactly, so she just smiled because that's what she saw people do when they were happy. As she continued to look through the girl's sketchbook, she saw many drawings that depicted the feelings of anger. Setsuna's drawings, was quite similar in a way, always leaving several feelings of anger, resentment, revenge, and guilt. They were of course, the leftover feelings of the people that died. Most people that see it, would think that she just drew pictures of dead people. Though in truth, they were drawings of real people that had died unjustly. Their case, never to be solved and always left to be forgotten and buried in dirt. The whole reason why, the spirits of the dead that surrounded her had lingered feelings and could never move on from their death.

From the beginning, Setsuna never thought of whether she liked to draw or not. She just did. It was a natural thing that came to her when the dead had shared their death experience with her. She found it amusing. The way their death had occurred and how everyone's death differed from another. It was like a different form of art that just involved killing people. "What is your reason to draw?" Setsuna asked the girl suddenly as she flipped through the pages of the girl's sketchbook.

Terra looked at her with the eyes of a child. She didn't know why, but she felt she could trust this girl. She leaned in a little bit so no one else would hear her. "I get urges." She said. "I hear these voices, and they tell me to do these awful things. I could never do them, so instead i draw them. It seems to please the voices, so they never ask me to do it again. You might have noticed how my pictures go from being happy to being...disturbing. The first disturbing one I drew was because I didn't want to physically do that to someone. That's why I was shipped off to the asylum...my dad thought the voices would make me hurt someone one day. He didn't trust me."

"Hm~ So you hear voices to," Yuzuki said, though it was a little more to herself. She somehow felt the girl was similar in a way which gave her a strange feeling she wasn't to sure of. "How long have you been here?" She asked the girl curiously as she finished looking through her sketchbook and handed it back to her, while also waiting for the girl to finish looking through hers.

"I just got here today...I was transferred here from an asylum my dad works at." She finished looking at the girl's sketchbook and handed it back to her. "But, if you're asking how long I've been incarcerated for, basically ever since I-" she cut herself off. "Don't tell her!" One of the voices said. "You can't trust anyone, remember? We're all you have..." The voice quietly trailed off. "Five years...I've been in an asylum for five years."

rAFsLEvtQW.png

Kiyo Hiyo remembered last night -- where she hallucinated to the point where the clock looked like a bright lollipop. She opened her mouth, and breathed in the smell of her bathroom, a room filled with obvious traces of vanity, the large makeup collection, the mirror. All of a sudden, her little bottles of shampoo turned into ants. Kiyo Hiyo sighed, and passed out.

"What time is it?" She asked the air. When she woke up, she was lying on a bed. "Did I fall asleep in a bed?" She questioned. She felt her blanket, it was always filled with her body heat.
She screamed, "Where the hell am I?" It wasn't her room. Kiyo Hiyo looked for a mirror, to observe what she looked like. Looks were her life. If she lost them, she'd be dead.

She sat there for what seemed to be forever, before she got the courage to open the door, but she realized it was closed.
This time, she shrieked and she screamed and she let her temper spill.
"Help!"

"Don't scream like that you'll make them punish you!" Mikan whispered from the room beside her, she was standing at the door of the code room and looking out before she heard her screams, "You'll be fine as long as Luke doesn't hear you so Pipe down and do something else unless you want to be coded too!" She clenched her teeth before sighing in relief as there was silence, Luke must be allowing her a few chances! "Listen, Your at Grantsworth, the key to getting out is following the rules and acting as sane as you can, trust me they'll let you out as soon as they can but the difference is, you yelling like that will only buy you extra time! Once you're in the code room they know you're insane so that means you basically never get out! So if you want to ever get out of this Asylum you'll follow the god damn rules!" Mikan hated to be rude to the poor girl but wanted to make sure she listened- she didn't want anyone to be coded that was new knowing that would buy them even longer, she was desperate to help them.

Was this feeling paranoia?
Kiyo Hiyo squeezed her cheeks, but she still couldn't calm down. All of a sudden, she heard a voice behind her.
Am I hallucinating again?
She listened to the voice explain to her where she was, a place called Grantsworth?
Suddenly, her teeth clashed against each other.
How dare those humans!
"Why am I here? Why am I here? Why am I here?" Kiyo Hiyo repeated the words over and over again.

"Shut it loud mouth!" She sighed and wished she could just see the poor thing face to face but lunch time wasn't for another 2 hours, "You're here because they suspect your insane, Grantsworth is the home for the critically insane, now just calm down and hush up! If you can stay quiet for 2 more hours I promise you I'll explain everything, My name's Mikan and I've been here for 6 almost 7 years, so If anyone this place, It's me! Now shut up and do as I told you!" She leaned her head against the door before hearing footsteps walking towards them, "Silence! You're in code for a reason so shut it!" Logan put his face to the door to make eye contact with Mikan who smirked, "I got plenty of spit, you want some?" she began to laugh before walking back towards the bed where KiKi sat and remained silent. C'mon new kid, you have to stay silent right now! She mentally begged.

"I'm not insane," she mumbled. "I swear I'm not. Please don't think badly of me," Kiyo Hiyo almost got the nerve to get down on her knees and beg. "Please!"

This situation reminded her of a song she had written before, when she was a famous idol. She never let others know of the song's existence, but she sang it with her delicate voice, as if she were a flower that were slowly dying.

I'm going.
The end the end the end the end.
Where am I going?
That's not my decision, the people choose it for me.
I am in control of nothing.

"I just got here today...I was transferred here from an asylum my dad works at." She finished looking at the girl's sketchbook and handed it back to her. "But, if you're asking how long I've been incarcerated for, basically ever since I-" she cut herself off. "Don't tell her!" One of the voices said. "You can't trust anyone, remember? We're all you have..." The voice quietly trailed off. "Five years...I've been in an asylum for five years."
Setsuna looked at the girl who had paused, questioningly and wondered what made her hesitant to continue, but said nothing about it. "I was sent here because my previous 'home' shut down. It was quite different from this one I have to say," She spoke as she began to mess with her headphone's wire. After growing up in an asylum, she had grown to call it her home. It was strange for her to call it that, but it was something she was long accustomed to, not having anywhere else to be to call home and no one to call family besides the voices that surrounded her. Though they weren't technically family, some were very hateful voices while others were sullen and she didn't find them to be very pleasant. Especially when they threatened her.

When the girl had handed back her sketchbook, she nodded in thanks and took it back, holding it carefully as if it were very fragile. Like the amount of deaths she had drawn were to be forgotten forever, not to be remembered if it went missing. "Setsuna," She said all of a sudden as she then looked at the girl. "You?" She asked, indicating that she wanted to know her name.

Terra half smiled. "Terra." She said. "It's nice to meet you."

"Likewise," Setsuna said as she continued to sketch what she had started. Though she paused as she put her headphone over her ears and showed Terra the unplugged wire to show that she could still hear if Terra decided to continue speaking. After showing the unpluged wire, Setsuna went back to drawing; also quietly speaking in an inaudible voice, as if she were carrying a conversation with someone in the process. When looking carefully, she seemed to be directing it towards her plush bunny and into thin air as if someone else was there.

Terra watched Setsuna draw. She felt her head begin to hurt. She reached into her bag for the pills she had been prescribed for her urges.

Setsuna listened to the voices murmuring about something and turned to look at Terra, to see her reach into her bag. "Something wrong?" Setsuna asked, as the smooth motions of her hand, paused on her sketchbook to look at Terra questioningly.

Terra looked up. "No, I just need my medication." She said. She pulled out the little bottle of blue pills, took two out, and took them.

Ssetsuna nodded in response and watched as Terra swalled the blue pills. "I never take my medication... They don't help, but I also don't mind hearing them... Sometimes," Setsuna spoke as she resumed her sketch, partially almost finished as she added in details and shading to make the tone and mood of it darker.