You Are The Warmest Color

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walking into her room Emerson made sure that no words were exchanged with her parents. Hearing the vibration of her phone caused a huge smile to break out on her face as she quickly replied. "No, but please stop calling him that, it was one date." And I spent the whole time thinking about you so had it really mattered. She wanted to type that but decided against that as she sent off the text and ripped her hair out of her bun with a sigh. Taking her shirt off slowly she looked at herself in the mirror and finished undressing then hopped into the shower. Why was she even obsessing, like she would have wanted her in the first place, standing next to that girl she looked like Quazimoto, beautiful on the outside but not on the inside.

After a shower Emerson got out wrapping a towel around her body and combed her hair out as she walked around her room trying to find a new space. Her white walls were covered in quotes from different authors and little tidbits from her. Once she found a little spot she picked up her sharpie and wrote in the wall in big letters so that she reminded herself. 'FORGET FAYDE' no one would ask cause they would think it was a quote from a book but she knew, in the pit of her stomach she knew in her mind she knew, but the place that was lacking the knowledge was her heart. No one would allow of this, so she had to let it go and it was that simple.

Fayde looked at her phone as she pulled up to the place she was going to be cleaning today. It was a quaint little place, a bar and grill, actually. It had been in the news a few weeks back, someone had broken in and committed suicide there. Once the police were done with the place, and it was ruled to be a suicide, that was where Fayde came in. She got to clean up all the little bits of bone and gore that other might have missed.

Looking at the text made her chuckle, she made to reply but stopped herself. What was it, honestly that Fayde had felt? A crush? It couldn't have possibly been love at first sight - that was only in movies and cheesy stories where the author didn't know how to begin. Naw, it couldn't have been anything more then a crush, and those only ever lasted until they were both asleep. Fayde shoved her phone back in her pocket and pulled her headphones on, blaring her music as she pulled out her equipment and got to work. From what she was told, the place was pretty rough, and week old gunk took forever to come out.

Again, she was like the girl that had finally gotten her crushes number and checked her phone every twenty minutes to see if she had gotten a response from him, well on her case...her. It irritated her greatly, yeah she knew the woman had a life and probably wouldn't want to spend time in her life to text a teenage girl...but it was like this. Emerson knew that she shouldn't have been doing this, there are a bunch of guys to choose from and Derek...he actually likes you. Then she thought about Derek and how she easily replaced him with Fayde during their kiss, blushing slightly she stood up and looked in her laundry hamper and pulled out all her clothes so that she could wash them.

If she wanted to be with someone, she would have to learn to keep her laundry maintained, whether that someone was Derek or Fayde. No come on be realistic Emerson....she wouldn't want you anyways, have you looked at yourself.

Sighing at the thought she went back upstairs still wrapped around in a towel as she looked in her closet pulling out a pair of her running shorts then slipped on a tank top. Maybe she should call her, but what if she was interrupting something...but what if she wasn't. Picking up her phone she looked down at her picture less contact and instantly set out on a mission, this girl needed a picture for her contact. Smiling, she knew that she couldn't shake this girl as easily as she was making it seem. Clicking on the little phone next to her number she put the phone next to her ear and listened to it ring.

Oh god great, her anxiety began to cick in as she waited for the girl to pick up, what if she thought she was to clingy for calling her instead of waiting for her text. Isn't there some rule about this?! Okay okay Emerson calm down and just hang up, but she found herself freezing as she just stood there. Now wasn't this a huge mistake.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fayde froze when the music was cut off by the incoming call. She dropped the rag in her hand, jumped off of the floor and tore her gloves off the fastest she had ever done so. Pulling her phone from her pocket, it was who she thought it was. Now Fayde stood there, panting from the adrenaline and shaking as she swiped to accept the call. Once they were connected, the silence was aching. Fayde cleared her throat and grinned as she spoke, "Took you long enough."

Fayde had been literally going crazy waiting for this moment. She wanted to see if the girl really wanted her as much as she thought. Fayde looked at the half cleaned mess and ached to walk out right now, but she had to finish what she was paid to do. As Fayde waited for a response, she made quick work of the last of the mopping, and began to work on the walls.

Biting her lip at the sound of her voice, Emerson know that little warning on the wall wasn't going to go anywhere. "Oh it took me long enough, well maybe I should hang up and try again tomorrow" she said smirking into the phone as she stood up heading down stairs knowing her parents were probably in the bed doing whatever, from watching tv to, trying to make her a little sibling. Emerson grabbed her bowl of grapes and grabbed some peanut butter. "I was kinda wondering if that walk was still up for the offering." She said her face turning slightly red as she headed back up to her room.

She wanted to go the first time, but she couldn't just leave Derek....they were on a date and that was just impolite. "I'm not interrupting anything am I...you aren't with a...friend are you" why couldn't she push the word girlfriend out, it almost made her offended to think that she had a girlfriend. "C-cause if I am, I'll just...call back" please, God please don't be busy...just say that you'll love to. Emerson put her grape in peanut butter then popped it into her mouth as she waited, anxiously she might add, for the answer.

Fayde began to laugh as she asked if she was in the middle of anything. She laughed loud and had to stop working when the shaking became too much. When she was through, she coughed into her elbow and went back to scrubbing, "No, I am not with anyone. And if you text me your address and give me a half hour, I can come meet you for our walk." Fayde was sure that the sounds of cleaning could be heard over the mic that was built into her head phones. It would confirm that she wasn't with anyone. In fact, the empty place around her felt rather large and lonely now. Usually, she was at home in dark places, but now she wasn't.

The woman kept working as she waited for a reply, making quick work of the wall, she moved to another, and began to work on that. She had to keep moving, but her ears were ever waiting to hear her voice again.

Emerson felt her face go red with embarrassment as she heard the girls laughter on the other line. But she couldn't lie to herself, hearing that she wasn't with anyone was like music to her reddish ears. "Alright well I think I may have to give my address to complete stranger, even though I'm pretty sure she could get it on her own since she's accomplished getting my number" she teased as she went back downstairs to throw something for her to wear into the dryer holding the phone between her ear and her shoulder. Why was she so happy, it was a simple walk with a girl you clearly told yourself to forget about...but there was just something different, and what could she say she lived for different. Biting her lower lip she was once again in her own room listening to just the sound of her cleaning, which was a weird thing to be doing at this time.

"Okay well I'll let you get back to your cleaning, and I'll see you in thirty minutes" it was like a conformation for her heart to calm down before it exploded, even though her head was clearly shaking its head in disappointment and disapproval.

'Yeah well no one listens to you anyways' she said silently in her own mind. She began typing in her address to send to her but made sure not to send it until they got off the phone and at least ten minutes had past, make her seem like she was at least trying to play hard to get. N-not that she was trying to be gotten, or was it got? Facepalming at her thoughts she bit her lip twisting the ends of her hair as she waited for the soothing voice on the other like to reply.

Fayde stopped working and stood up, thinking that this took more priority. "I will see you then, Pole-girl," she said and then disconnected the call. The music blasting in her ears made her wince for a moment, but that she used the fast beats to move to, dancing around the room as she worked. Finishing with just enough time to run back home, change her shirt, as she had slipped bleach all over it, and grab the keys for her car. Now that she was dressed in a dark orange tank top with a cream colored button down that she had left open, and had traded her worn work sneakers for a pair of comfy boots, she hopped in the car and glanced at the address. She knew this town, and the ones circling it, like the back of her hand. So she tossed her phone in the middle console and pulled out of her drive.

In a matter of minutes, she was at the girls house. It was a family home, so a little larger than the townhouse that Fayde owned, and it looked very homey. Honking her horn twice as she parked on the opposite side of the street from Emerson's home, she climbed out of the car and leaned on the hood. She waited easily for the younger woman. Though she smelled like old blood and bleach, she was happy that the younger had called her. She was almost beaming in her delight and pleasure when she saw the girl. Seeing her again took her breath away. There was some kind of pull between them, and Fayde made a silent vow to never let that pull be pushed apart.

Okay Em, you don't want to look like you're trying to hard but you want to look nice. Meaning light makeup....no, no makeup...okay maybe a little bit of mascara and a light lipstick, or maybe a lip gloss. Sighing softly Emerson pulled her outfit at the dryer and looked at it in the mirror. She hadn't looked like she was trying to hard, had she. Okay just make your hair look like crap so it doesn't look like you put all your thought process into this, even though you had. Rolling her eyes are self she took off her shorts and slipped into a pair of light denim skinny jeans with a dark red cropped sweater and her favorite pair of converse. Once she was done, the time for critiquing came...was she showing too much stomach, no...well the belly piercing that she had gotten was sellout in the open but, she hasn't looked like a slut, had she.

No! No Em you do not look like a slut, she told herself that as she brushed out her hair and moved it up into its natural habitat, her messy bun. Okay now her outfit was don't but what about her face, and before she had known it a loud car horn was blaring to her attention and she knew that she hadn't had anytime. So the only thing she had done...was put on her peaches and cream lip blam and walk down the stairs grabbing her key before she made her way out the house. Hopefully her parents were to busy to care about what she was doing, because explaining to them that she was out late with some girl she just met probably wasn't going to go over well.

Breathing in deeply through her nose she felt the sam feeling of butterflies in her stomach as she tried to make words to say to her. God that was a sexy lean, what!? How the hell did she make a lean look so...wait what was she even saying last time she checked she was straighter than the pole she almost cracked her face open on. Smiling softly as she walked up to her Emerson bit her lower lip and moved a strand of hair behind her ear. "Wow that's a nice..." Face, lean, eye color. "...car" she mumbled the last part knowing that the car was the least of her worries.

Fayde watched her walk up, and had to slurp and swallow to keep from drooling. Was it really not okay to ravage someone on the first date? No, it wasn't okay? Okay, well, damn... Fayde pushed off of the car and grinned. "Yea, this is my baby, won her in a bet a months ago," Fayde rubbed the car lovingly and then looked around the neighborhood. "So, since you like the car, wanna hop in and go get something to eat?" Fayde was starving. She always was after work, and running around to rush the job made that worse. She wanted to take Emerson out and show her a better time than lunch at a cafe she always went to, or what ever. Dinner, then a walk along the river in the park, yea, that was perfect.

Fayde then thought of something else. She moved to open the door, which opened upward, and then turned, "Maybe you should introduce yourself? Seeing as how I might know your name, but you didn't actually tell me." Fayde stuck out her hand toward Emerson and gave her a sweet smile. Fayde was trying to make the best impression she could at this point.

Okay, so yeah she tuned out when she started talking about the car but she got the jist of it. The car was won not bought, Emerson understands. "So since you like the car so much, wanna hop in and get something to eat" was she being serious or sarcastic, it couldn't have been that obvious that she could care less about the car. Hell they could have been riding on a bike and she wouldn't have cared. Ooh a bike, they would be forced to be close to each other...awe that would be so romantic. Once she noticed that she was zoning out Emerson quickly brought herself back to reality and quickly nodded seeing as to how she was just eating peanut and grapes, two things that sound disgusting together but taste so good.

Just as Fayde had opened up the door she quickly turned around and brought up the fact that they really still hadn't introduced themselves, but of course Fayde may or may not have seemed to already know hers. Shaking her head as she chuckled softly Emerson took her hand and looked up at her then went blank. Her eyes, her eyes were so light and so...rare, she had never really seen eyes so light growing up where she had but now she was seeing the whole spectrum. "Your eyes...I've never really looked at them...they're so...pretty" she said the last part breathless then realized that wasn't the question, or the topic. "I mean...my name, um my name...is Emerson..." she felt a small ting of electricity as she held onto her hand still shaking it realizing that this was probably going to be the only contact she got all night...and for some reason the thought made her a bit depressed.

Fayde was good at reading emotions. People tended to leave them on their faces, and in their eyes, so it was easy to spot them. Fayde let her cheeks color at the compliment and then pulled Emerson in close to herself holding the smaller woman tight to her b-cup chest. Fayde ran a hand over the girls hair and wirggled it out of its heap on the back of her head. "I like it when it's down," she said softly, and then ran her hand through it one more time before her stomach growled. Though, it was hard to say if it was demanding food, or if her brain, which was vacationing in the gutter, had just phoned it, making a request for a gurgle.

Fayde slowly let the woman go and stepped out of the way so she could help her get into the car. You either had to just plop in, or you had to settle in carefully, there was no in between. Once she was all set, Fayde closed the door and then hopped in on her side. Fayde looked at Em with an devilish grin and revved her engine. Putting it in gear, the car lept from the parking spot and blazed out of the neighborhood. They got on the highway and headed into the main part of the city. Fayde was already planning out where she was gonna take Em, and it had her almost bouncing with excitement. "Are you allergic to any foods?" Fayde's question was casual, but the answer would change the restaurant they went to.

This girl, God she was going to be the death of her. The strong smell of bleach hadn't even bothered her as she felt her messy bun fall like waves back down to her shoulders. "I like it when it's down" she hadn't meant it, anything this girl said was a lie at this point because if it wasn't...her heart would explode from how fast it was beating at this moment. Then she pulled away and the warmth that was there, pressed against her chest and in her stomach making its way through her skin...was gone. Was this possible? How could someone you just met make you feel this way, it was like she had known her for years upon years upon years. Once she calmed herself down she slipped into the car as slowly as she could since she, being the klutz she was, could find a way to screw that simple movement up.

"Uh, no...I just have an allergy of the normal thing, pollen" she said somehow finding the courage to actually look her in the eye then before she got lost in her light green eyes her phone made sure to pull herself out of it. Picking up the ringing thing she held up a finger and answered it smiling at the voice on the other side. "Okay tell me everything! Right now, how was it" what the meeting Fayde part of the day part. "I'm a little busy right now Christie..." She gasped and her voice seemed to get more serious. "Are you two doing it?" Her face went red and she looked over at Fayde who could have clearly heard the sound of the loud voice on the other side. "No...a...um....a f--friend...picked me up and we're going to get something to eat so I'll see you tomorrow" she hung up before she could say anything else then put her phone on complete silence cause knowing Christie, she would call and call and call. "Where were we?"

Fayde gripped the steering wheel as she silently laughed. When the phone was hung up, that laughter filled the whole car. "Oh! To be young again.." she said as she wiped a tear away from her eye. They were not pulling up to a stop light on a busy street in the down town area. Fayde looked over to make sure that no one was oncoming and then flipped on her turned signal and floored it. She was no getting stuck at a busy traffic light. Fayde ended up parking behind a restaurant that a friend of hers owned. The place was oriental, a good mix of all flavors and styles from the far east. Fayde pulled out the key and pressed a button, releasing both doors with a hiss of hydraulics. Fayde pulled herself up and out after shoving her phone in her bra. She had no pockets otherwise.

The taller woman walked around and took Em's hand. Not wanting her to get lost, as she might in a place like this, Fayde gripped tightly, but not too hard. Fayde pulled her over to a side door and knocked on it three times, waited a moment, and knocked once more. The door opened a moment later into the kitchen, where the cooks were busily swarming from here to there. Fayde walked in and smiled at the chef that had let them in. She tuned to Em and smiled as she guided her through, "My friend Morty owns this place, he inherited it from his parents when they retired." She wouldn't put in that he was also the computer whiz that had sniffed up her number when Fayde asked for it.

Fayde walked them out to the dining room found a table in a secluded corner and pulled out a chair for Emerson. Once sat down, a waitress came over and Fayde ordered a wine. And a glass of water for each of them. As well as an appetizer of calamari. When the waitress was gone, Fayde leaned back in her chair. Compared to the rest of the room, they were under dressed. But, Fayde had practically lived in this restaurant as a teen, so she didn't care if she wasn't dressed to the nines. And Emerson looked far too good to be true in the garb she was dolled up in. "Sorry if that was overwhelming, it's just easier to get in from the back, that way we're not waiting in line, and we get the table I want." Fayde gave a happy laugh and lifted a hand to run the back of her head.

The bright laughter that filled the car caused her own little chuckle as she looked over at her a small smile playin in her lips. If it were up to her, she would have never seen this girl ever again cause her car would have been disregarded. Thank god that it wasn't up to her, just thank the heavens that this person found some random way to get her number. After the fits of laughter had calmed a silence took over the car, but it wasn't awkward. Honestly being the person that she was Emerson would have made it awkward just as fast as the car and became quiet. But with her she felt different, like she could be way more open. They had sat at a traffic light for a nearly three seconds before Fayde had turned on her signal and sped up as if she was really trying to get to their destination.

Emerson found herself looking over at the girl and then shook her head smiling soft as she looked out the window. It hadn't taken them that long to get to their destination and once they were there Fayde had shown the best manners. She opened the door for both of them with whatever contraptions were on this car then came over to her side grabbing into her hand. Then it was there again, that shot of electricity that made her knees her go weak for some reason, Emerson looked away trying to make sure that no blush crept its way into her face as they passed through the hoards of chefs moving around their kitchen. Of course Fayde explained the reason that they could do this so that she hadn't felt like she was invading ther privacy.

Once they found a table and were seated Emerson felt herself zone out as the waitress stared at Fayde like she was sex goddess and as Fayde ordered their food. People here were dressed in their best wear, women in beautiful dresses and men in nice suits or dressy pants. They were definitely underdressed and that was an understatement. "N-no it wasn't overwhelming...just a new experience and you can hate having those...that waitress was checking you out though, ooh someone has a secret admirer" and it isn't just me. Bringing it up made her realize that this was just a dream, a crush, a new experience. "She is pretty..." Something you clearly aren't, maybe you should just give this dream up. And deep down she hated when her thoughts wee right.

Fayde blinked a few times. "She was?" she hadn't even noticed. Of course, there was little else that Fayde could notice with Emerson around. Fayde reached over and grabbed one of her hands and rubbed it between both of hers. "Emerson, what's your full name?" It was question one on a lone list of them to come. But all in due time, all over dinner, and all with wine. Fayde loved wine. She didn't use old bottles as a decoration around he r house like stingy old milfs or anything, but she had an appreciation for the beverage. Fayde looked into Emerson's eyes and felt an ache to hold her, but that ache was matched by the hunger in her belly. The menu's were resting at Em's elbow, ready to be picked up at any time. Fayde knew what she was getting, but was excited to know what Em would choose.

"Ha yeah like you hadn't noticed the eyes that were longing as she stood there for an extra minute after you were done ordering" Emerso nhad thought she was joking when she asked until she looked over to see that she really hadn't noticed. How could she not? The woman was making it so obvious that it almost made her a bit jealous. Looking slightly down at the menu that was placed beside her, Emerson instantly felt her attention whisked away as she felt a warmth holding onto her hand. Looking over at Fayde she heard her question and was curious as to why that mattered. I mean I guess it was good to know someone's name and not just their first. "Oh my f-full name...its Emerson Adèle McPrince, my middle name if French since my mom is French and I was raised in France the first nine years of my life" she had looked back into her eyes then quickly looked down at her menu once she felt herself becoming hypnotized. "S-so what do you recommend?"

Fayde smiled and leaned back in her chair. "I love everything on the menu, but some of it has a wicked kick. I normally get what I like to call "bucket 'o noodles. It's a sampler of all kinds of noodles made in Asia." Fayde did lean over Emerson's menu as the waitress came back and gave her a sneaky kiss on the temple as she pointed out a dumpling dish that was good, and not spicy. The waitress deflated, and served the wine before scampering off to cry somewhere. The calamari would be out in another few moments. Fayde picked up her glass and brought it to her nose. She sniffed, loving the smells of good, old wine, and then sipped a small bit, letting the flavor seep into her mouth. Because she was driving, she only planned to have the single glass, but she'd take the rest home, because she was a frugal bastard. "France... mm, must have been a culture shock to come to America, huh?"

"The bucket 'o noodles" Emerson chuckled at the name and sucked in a mouth full of air as she felt Fayde invade her personal space to look at the menu. The waitress that had been checking her out seemed to become irritable with the action but her face fell as Emerson's face turned red with embarrassment. She had just kissed her, well she hadn't missed her but she kissed her. The woman had stayed silent and poured her glass of wine then disappeared back into the kitchen getting another order. Don't get excited okay, she was just using you to get the girl off her back...that's it nothing more. "Well I think I'll just try the dumpling dish since I've never heard of that before" Emedson said once her heart rate had calmed down then looked at her asking about her move. "Oh that's an understatement, I had never been bullied in France, in fact I hadn't even known what that was until I moved here...this girl had tried to speak to me and the only think I had known was French...she ended telling her friends that I was stupid and mentally retarted then every called me the the retarted French fry....worse years of my life" she chuckled thinking about them now but remembered how she would come home crying day after day cause of those children.

Status
Not open for further replies.