You are invited to... The Mardi Gras Masquerade!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diana

LOOK HOW CALM SHE IS
Original poster
ADMINISTRATOR
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Thriller, Space Exploration, Slice of Life
mardigrasmask_zpsb5412347.jpg

MARDI GRAS, the popular carnival season hosted in New Orleans, has been an event of gratuitous celebration and tradition for years! Colorful masks, shiny beads, rich foods, and endless partying.

This year Evangeline Johnson is holding the biggest, the best, the most awesome Mardi Gras party that New Orleans has ever seen. Recently receiving the finalized paperwork for her divorce from the Mayor's son, Evangeline's invited all of the most famous, respected, and well known people in town as a great big FUCK YOU to her ex-husband. Hosted in her fabulous manner home, no expense has been spared to make this party an elegant and stupendous night. After all, her ex-husband is fitting the bill. ;D

YOU are one of the locals, invited or crashing this grand gala!

Welcome to the Masque!

WHO: Everyone in Iwaku! Your hosts for this evening will be Diana and Ozzie and Mysterious Guest Hosts!
WHAT: A Mardi Gras Party at Evangeline's awesome Mansion!
WHERE: Roleplay Main Lobby
WHEN: Friday, February 15th. 12 Noon to 12 Midnight.
BRING: Your character in their most fabulous Mardi Gras Costume!

RULES OF THE MASQUE

1.) You are guest or a party crasher to Evangeline's Mardi Gras Party.

2.) This is a Masquerade! For those of you who haven't attended previous Masked Chat Balls, this means that you should not tell anyone which character you are playing until the event is over. In this event, characters CAN wear masks and disguises. The theme is MARDI GRAS.

3.) This is a MODERN setting and we are allowing secret supernatural! That means magic and supernatural can exist, but this is real life, that is silly and no one believes it.

4.) Keep it fun, and don't harass other players. A little action is fine, but if you take it too far you'll get your butt booted out!

Yes! I can't wait, these things are the best =D

This sounds like fun~ I may have to join in even if I'd normally be intimidated. Fun is good o3o What is the time zone for the time listed?

the time zone is Central Time!

Can't make it either. Company will be arriving that day :/

I should be able to make it for a lot of this! I believe I have work that day, but I shall be there as much as I can.

I will be definitely there, as usual, but hopefully, I will be playing a character whom the lot of you will not instantly recognise. It is no fun if everybody knows who you are at the very start of the masquerade.

lol storm, you should have someone who isn't going make you a character. That way no one will know! =3

Your hostess, Evangeline Johnson, here! >:]

blake-lively-yellow-dress-michael-kors-dress-flowy-dress-seventh-on-sale-dinner-gala-2007-0.jpg

Awesome party, guys!

Seeing Eye Werewolf Ren Allen and the random old lady! *raises hand*
I got a new master <3!

I was Adam LeCroix. >:]

THAT'S RIGHT. DIANA PLAYED A MAN. BOOYAH BITCHES.

I kind of drooled over Diana's character a little. Jussayin.

Also, I was Erik, the centuries old hybrid searching for his idiot, irresponsible younger brother and ending up falling for a Cinderella and gaining possession of a certain seeing-eye werewolf.

"What an evening! This is precisely why I never willingly attend these kinds of parties, love."

Seline Laroux, the slightly absent-minded but cheerful dreamer with armfuls of ambition and a crush on the guy that traveled the world.

Reina Mendez, the lovely chica who found love at first dance, and took Eva for a wild ride after reappearing at the scene. And managed to find her love.. but.. ended up have a strange twist happen to her?

(still not sure quite what happened at the end there XD)
Ozzie... That was FUN! XD and perfect! I'm glad you went with it on the dancing thing!

Diana did a really good job of imitating my style and my character type. It was kind of scary.

I was awkward, shy and overly negative Daniel.

I was the bumbling wannabe voodoo priestess Josephine Laveau!

I was the clumsy, obsessed with designs and unnecessarily helpful, Amnesia. ^^'

Status
Not open for further replies.