You are invited to... A Winter Tribal Summit!

Astaroth

[*screaming into the void intensifies*]
Original poster
STAFF MEMBER
DONATING MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
It varies a lot depending on my schedule, unfortunately.
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Psychological horror
Body horror
Supernatural
Giallo
Splatterpunk
Dark fantasy
Historical
Low fantasy
Magipunk
Weird West
Noir
Thriller
Gothic horror
Southern Gothic
Gaslamp fantasy
Cyberpunk
Space saga
Clockpunk
Space Western
Space opera
Paranormal
Modern fantasy
Dieselpunk
Post-Apocalyptic
Crime drama
Medieval fantasy
wintertribalsummit_zps9df73afd.jpg

The Crossroads of Virdelin are an important landmark for the many tribes of the surrounding mountains and valleys.

Each year, at the event of the first frost, the leaders of each tribe have a summit at the Crossroads. At this time they discuss everything from trade agreements and arranged marriages to territorial disputes and renegotiation of peace treaties. The summit lasts three days and three nights. Any member of the tribes who wishes to attend the summit is welcome, and many take the opportunity to travel and be part of the proceedings. A temporary town of tents and pavilions sprouts at the Crossroads, bonfires and torches aplenty to keep the elements at bay; merchants hawk their wares and performers entertain the crowds for a penny; revelers dance and sing and drink at all hours; guards from every tribe patrol from dawn 'til dusk to prevent any funny business (such as the inevitable fist fights, theft and gambling, or the odd assassination attempt).

Without fail, the Winter Summit is the event of the year. It combines all the merriment of a holiday with all the intrigue and tension of a political hotbed.

Tonight is the second night of the summit, and tempers are running high. Will peace prevail, or will the proceedings turn into a bloodbath in the snow?

Welcome to the Masque!

WHO: Everyone in Iwaku! Your hosts for this evening will be [OZZIE]Ozzie[/OZZIE] and [DIANA]Diana[/DIANA] along with some Mysterious Guest Hosts!
WHAT: A fantasy land winter festival with political intrigue!
WHERE: Roleplay Main Lobby
WHEN: Sunday, December 15th from 12:00 PM to Midnight (U.S. Central Time).
BRING: Your character and something warm to wear!

RULES OF THE MASQUE

1.) You may be a member of any tribe in Virdelin. There are a ton of tribes in the area, so make one up OR wait until the game has started to improvise! The summit is a meeting of tribal leaders, but all members of the tribe are welcome. Plenty of regular people go just for the partying, and merchants and street performers aren't about to miss the opportunity to make a little profit. You can even be a guard patrolling the Crossroads!

2.) This is a Masquerade! For those of you who haven't attended previous Masked Chat Balls, this means that you should not tell anyone which character you are playing until the event is over. Your character is NOT literally wearing a mask!

3.) This is a FANTASY setting. Magic and magical creatures are allowed!

4.) Please do not hijack the event. Keep it fun, and don't harass other players. A little action is fine, but if you take it too far you'll get your butt booted out! Chaperones are watching all day, so if someone asks you to tone something down, listen!

This Masquerade was suggested by @Spammy! If you like this idea, be sure to give him kudos.

I will likely be able to make this one so count me in!

Reactions: Astaroth
I'll probably only be able to make the first half. :P Stupid work in the morning...

All will have to forgive me for leaving early tonight, I feel like sharks. 8D But I was.... Bronwyn Torhild.

I was the lovely Rhiannon ferch Howell of the Halderlands!

Alvar, you adorable lug. <3

The grumpy, good-mood-ruining Tarquin Bedlam, masquerading as a lowly guard in order to flush out his father's murderer and take his revenge! Sorry if I ruined your good mood with my men dying and sour attitude >:D

Prologue:

Praise be the prowess of kings, of warriors,
With their conquests in acts of war.
Their axes and spears, blades and bows
Take down their foes,
Wielded with a fury filled with candor.
But what of the men who telleth their tales?
A hero is nothing without a bard,
No glory achieved in men's eyes
Without one to sing of the victory;
Enlighten them,
They who doubt, they who did not see.
A hero is nothing without a bard.
And a bard hath nothing with naught
His brave hero.
No fame nor fortune from songs sung,
For there are no songs to sing, none to tell.
This one though, is about a bard, singer,
Who himself is a hero, a fighter!

Low-born his name, for earnéd was his rank.
No noble lord his da, a smith;
He fought, he worked, he lived, he died,
Argylle of Syde.
He taught his blood all he knew about life,
The art of steel in smithing and in war.
But saw the bard no glory from the ore;
Fate had gi'en him a diff'rent role.
Left he his home by a journeyman's ride,
And turned he one.
Left all his old but his name: Oerl of Syde,
And saw the bard more glory in the song.
Went he through many halls, singing.
His voice of larks
Soon caught the ear of one greater:
The elder King, who took him as his prince.
Learned he his skill and his dear cleverness,
The tools for how he got his dear greatness!

[Aaaaaand I didn't bother continuing it, so that's pretty much all of it]

I was Rodhid, the clumsy, shapeshifting troll masquerading as an elf before being assassinated. I wanted to get him a little more noticed and explain him out a little more before he died, but i was literally falling asleep while I typed.

Alvar Kron from the Grayforge Tribe, who in order 1.) Had the heiress of the Howell Tribe change her clothes in his presence 2.) Gave the heiress of the Howell Tribe 'proper' clothes 3.) Armwrestled 4.) Caused a bar brawl that escalated into pure chaos.

This was a fun masquerade.

Stormy, I think that was your most successful character yet! You got the girl ;)

I did NOT place Lstorm this time. Good job, L! :D

Ozzie did locate me so it does not count!