You are instantly zapped back in time, to the first day of high school...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umm, there's a ton of ways to get rid of a body... Pigs is one example... *runs off to start thread even while needing sleep*

I'd get to skip some of the scarier moments of my life, and I'd be able to assert myself at a lot younger of an age. There is a lot that I'd do the same though. I don't want to set expectations for myself that I can't meet. If I suddenly started knowing all the answers to everything, seemingly without trying, people would start to think of me as more able than I actually have the capacity to be. So, lots of hearing the same classes, and even purposefully making mistakes so I don't get too good.

Also, if I could looking back, I'd want to go on a date now that I know what I'm doing. I feel like during highschool, I was a little clueless in that field. Plus, I'm not exactly anyone's ideal date, but I really just want that experience for myself. Even though I'm not clueless anymore, I haven't been on a date. I don't know what I want in a person, and I don't know what people want in me. I feel like if I had the experience, even if it was someone who I know wouldn't be a long-term success, I feel like I could learn a lot.

There are a lot of things, but that is what is top of mind.

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
I would find certain people sooner and not find others at all.

Tell a certain someone how I felt when it still mattered.

Be more assertive. Be more open. Be more honest. Be more social. Be less lazy. Stay more physically active. Work on my art more consistently. Start learning languages sooner.

And I would work much harder at my schoolwork.

Oh geez, there is too much to list in one go.

But I wouldn't mind doing it all the same as well, since I've had some pretty great memories.

I really don't know how things would pan out, 'cause I was just such a completely different person back then. Nothing would turn out the same, including most of the things that ended up making me who I am.

The one thing I'd definitely do is work harder at school, do more extracurriculars, get a summer job - just do more with my life. I've achieved very highly academically anyway, but if I'd just put more into it I really could have done crazy well. I wasted so much time being a lazy asshat just because I could - shit, I still do that - and I regret it like hell.

I'd also have way more confidence in myself just generally and that would change things a lot. People who slipped away because I was too afraid to do anything wouldn't.

-Don't be such a fucking creep
-Don't be so desperate to make friends that you get close to people who are just taking advantage of you
-Stop being such a derp in school and get your ass in gear
-Acknowledge the fact that that one guy had a really obvious crush on you -- cuz he was actually kind of cute and super nice
-Take some art classes in high school
-Don't suck at AP classes
-Discover Doctor Who sooner
-Enjoy the simple times while they last

A to-do list for my 14-year-old self.

I know it's probably been said countless times, but work harder in school. If I wouldn't have just slacked as hard as I did, I probably could have graduated with honors, and would have been at Utah U or Boston University.

I would have, when my depression first started settling in, told myself that things were going to be okay(not much better, but at least somewhat manageable), and there was no need to do those things that I did to myself.

Also I probably would have done a couple of my relationships better, and would have never gotten into long distance relationships with anyone.

Also, I probably would have made myself be much more frugal, and hoped that I wouldn't be where I am now, financially.

I guess there are a bunch of things, but yeah, those are the main ones, at least.

17 years ago.

I wouldn't remember who half of my "friends" were at that time.

I would seek help for my depression and anxiety issues, before they became crippling.
I would force myself to actually do my schoolwork.

I may, switch schools entirely, to have access to other language classes.

I would cry over the loss of broadband internet, youtube, easily downloaded tv shows, multicore computers, large memory MP3 players, etc.

I would totally get my fucking license at 16, and REVEL in the cheap as fuck gas! Less than .60 cents a liter! (1.20+ right now)

I might try and learn the guitar.

Relationships I have no idea how I would handle that. I mean....31 year old in a 14 year old body. Awkward to think about.

Edit: Something that I just realized that would fuck me over: I would lose a lot of the friends I have become quite close to. Which would suck horribly.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're in your 14 year old body. You retain your current memories and skills. You know the "future," as it were.

What do you do?!
... be upset. I'm being sent back to the time when my body begins to fall apart. When I start getting sick and can't do anything. Where I was at my weakest and most powerless feeling. Man that would fucking suck.

Granted, I would know why I'm sick. I would know why I feel the way I do. But I'd be more trapped than ever. I would be trapped and know I'm trapped.

Honestly, if I went back I'd probably end up killing myself. It'd be a huge risk at the very least. If I don't, it's a long uphill battle to get any semblance of safety or sanity. Because if I just get my memories but inherit the mindset, then I'm being dropped into schizophrenia. So I may not even believe that the future memories are real. I had voices in my head telling me things all the time at that age, and no real way of proving things to myself otherwise.

So, yeah. This would end very poorly for me.

Note that this is assuming that since I kept my memories I also kept all the lessons learned from it.
If by changing my actions I would lose those lessons? I wouldn't change a thing.

1. I'd stop being such a superior acting/judging prick assuming I knew better and was morally better than most people.
  2. I would get my drivers license at 16 to avoid the hassle of getting it right now.
  3. I'd stop throwing so much money at my 360 and gaming laptop and get myself a Gaming PC.
  4. I'd have gotten me and my friends into D&D years sooner.
  5. I'd have gotten into some of my favourite shows sooner (Firefly, Doctor Who, Clannad, IT Crowd, Game of Thrones etc.).
  6. I'd be inviting the friend I had in Grade 9 to hangout out of school, rather than waiting until Grade 10 to do that stuff.
  7. I'd stop saying shit like "Vaccines cause Autism" "Being Gay is a choice" "Climate Change isn't real" "Men are just assholes who think with their dicks" etc.
  8. I would have started following/watching people like Neil deGrasse Tyson, Christopher Hitchens, Warren Farrel and Richard Dawkins years sooner.
  9. I wouldn't of gotten into a relationship that only ended up bringing a lot of pain and suffering (on both ends) in the end.
  10. Not have spent hours upon hours in Christian chat rooms while questioning my own faith.
  11. Move to Iwaku much sooner, so by the time I great RP Guild migration happened this site would already be my complete and utter domain *evil laugh*.
  12. I wouldn't of invested so much time in effort in helping a friend deal with shitty parents who only later cut of contact with me and everyone else, twice.
  13. I would have gotten on top of stuff like Proactive when acne was (a bit) more controllable.
  14. I'd have stopped dragging my feet in Autism Therapy so I'd get out a few months sooner.
  15. I'd have not taken classes in computer programming, but rather more into stuff like philosophy, science, home ed etc.
  16. I would have been a bigger lookout for electives in others schools that would be fun or useful for life, and then take a Grade 13 year to have said classes.
  17. I would have taken Applied level classes instead of Academic level classes, since I just ended up going to college making academic kind of pointless.
  18. I'd ease off on all the pointless hair gel.
  19. I'd seriously lay off on the amount of Liberteen roleplays I was in.
  20. Give myself 7 years to think of a good 20th so this ends on an even number without me filling the last slot in with pointless stuff... yea.

Last edited:
I would ignore my mom even more, and spend my birthday/Christmas money buying myself clothes instead of the weird crap she bought me. Ditch my best friend who was a major whore and ended up ruining almost all of my relationships. I'd ask out the boy who sat next to me in English class and forget all about the jockhead I had a crush on.

I definitely would have focused more on my homework, and most importantly, I never would have started smoking!

Last edited:
I would focus on my school work and get better grades. Gotta love having to pay more for college because I was too lazy to do my darn homework in high school.

Honest opinion?

#1: Go visit a therapist immediately. This is around the time things started to get interesting.

#2: No alcohol. No violence. No alcohol induced violence.

#3: Break away from my mother before she can betray me.

#4: No more hatred for myself or others.

• Thank You
Reactions: Space Cowboy
I would lie, cheat, and steal more.

I would also fight more. Yes, more.

Reactions: Old Man Seiji
Am I the only on who had a thought or two of trying to sleep with one of their teachers? o.O I had a huge crush on my 11th grade English teacher. >_>

I also would have reported my programming teacher for sexual harassment for massaging all the girls' shoulders and putting his hands on their thighs, myself included.

• Love
Reactions: Space Cowboy
I didn't really think about sleeping with any of my professors in particular, but I have had a few man crushes on my teachers who were both incredibly handsome and amazing thinkers. One in high school, one in college: fabulous teachers the both of them.

And as for that sexual harassment...ugh. They're supposed to teach, not to touch. Reminds me of my dance teacher in high school...she was very...very hands-on.

And as for that sexual harassment...ugh. They're supposed to teach, not to touch. Reminds me of my dance teacher in high school...she was very...very hands-on.
Dance I could see, but this was a computer class. And to make matters worse, it was a technical school, and we were required to wear 'business' attire, which meant skirts/dresses for the girls....

I would go on every message board I can and spoil the endings and plot twists of every single anime and video game I can remember that wouldn't have been shown yet. Also ruin the psuedo Japan Time 2.0 that was the new smash.

My only wish would be to remember the date and numbers of a big lottery jackpot as well. Some money at that time would have helped.

Am I the only on who had a thought or two of trying to sleep with one of their teachers? o.O I had a huge crush on my 11th grade English teacher. >_>

I also would have reported my programming teacher for sexual harassment for massaging all the girls' shoulders and putting his hands on their thighs, myself included.
Not me. Most of the female teachers in my school were like, 60+
Two weren't, one was my English teacher, and my French teacher.

English teacher was good looking, but never lusted after her. Best friend did though. He wanted her badly.
French teacher...I don't even remember what she looked like, just remember thinking she was good looking. But otherwise? Most of my teachers were male, or 60+ years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.