You and I {lxngdon & Marygold}

Status
Not open for further replies.
A U T U M N
Autumn breathed in a short breath and looked to the floor, considering his words carefully. As much she wanted to push him away because it would be easier. And she was good at while being horrible at letting people close to her. But if she had wanted to do that, she wouldn't have agreed coming over to dinner. She knew that.

"I'm not like the people you hang around,"
Naturall, she was no stranger to that piece of information. It was old news and she was only reminded when he mention his model ex. "I'm the type of person who would prefer spending their time reading sappy and often cliche books and comic, studying about plants, watching and rating films and playing video games."

While the people he was around were everything she wasn't. Social, pretty and strangely liked by most despite being total assholes. Something she would never understand.

Her eyes teared up.

"But if you want to be my friend again then that's fine by me." It was more than she could ever hope for.

s p e n c e r
As soon as her eyes teared up, Spencer reached for a tissue and pressed it into her hand. He listened, and he frowned. Of course she wasn't like the people he hung out with -- she wasn't them, she was Autumn, and she was his best friend. "It doesn't matter that you're different. You've always been my best friend."

Spencer pushed a hand through his hair and frowned at the ceiling. "I ... most of the people I hang out with aren't even my friends. I know that probably makes me fake, but I do like Charlotte and Charlotte likes them. You know, it's a bit of a domino effect."

Not that he cared. He was fine with his small group of immediate friends.

Spencer reached out to brush some hair out of Autumn's face. "I do want to be your friend. That's all I want. You're my best friend."

A U T U M N
Autumn pressed the tissue to her eyes, soaking up the unshed tears and then used it to wipe her nose. Unfortunately she was cursed to have a runny nose whenever she cried. It was only one of the many reasons she despised crying. In her her eyes, it made her weak. And she was so tired of crying.

"I don't think we are." She mumbled. At least, that was what it seemed like. She felt as if she wasn't sure of herself, yet alone him anymore as in what were his likes and interest. But that didn't mean she wasn't willing to learn.

She put her feet down onto the floor and clenched her knees, "We can change that, though."

s p e n c e r
Spencer smiled softly. She was willing to try to be friends again. That was all he had ever wanted, that was all he needed. He needed his Autumn. He had missed her like crazy while she had been gone, he had craved her presence and her touch and her laughter. Not in a sexual way, though, just in the way that he needed his best friend.

He leaned in and kissed her on the forehead, as he had always done when they were kids and he had been taller than her. Well, he was taller than everyone. He was six-foot-seven.

"I'd like that very much," he breathed, before pulling away and stretching his arms. "Let's do something fun."

A U T U M N
"Something fun?" Autumn repeated thoughtfully.

Something the could do and enjoy thoroughly before heading because of her curfew. The stupid curfew her parents had set for her and only her. However, she would imagine they'd let her stay out longer since she was with Spencer and at his house. That was how it was before and she was sure it'd be like that now.

She sighed, rubbing her forehead gently with the tips of her fingers. She was over thinking and it was giving her a minor headache. And she did not need that.

"If you want, I can kick your ass in Mario Kart eight. Though that may only be fun for me."She chuckled softly, it wasn't bragging if it was true. As much as she loved games, she was just good at them.

"What movies do you have? I also have to be home by ten. So, yeah ..
"

s p e n c e r

"I have exclusively horror movies and if you have to be home by ten then we won't have time to watch them." Spencer shrugged and turned on the PlayStation so they could play Mario Kart as she had requested.

He'd let her kick his ass if she wanted to, simply because he knew the victory would make her feel better. Spencer handed her a controller and sat down on the couch to play the game with her. He had always loved playing Mario Kart with her, so he wasn't complaining about this.

"I warn you, I've gotten better since last time we've played," he said menacingly, poking her in the ribs before selecting Tanooki Mario and building his favourite cart.

A U T U M N
"Sure. Whatever floats your boat." Autumn smiled softly and folded her legs underneath her. She selected her signature character, being Baby Luigi, and built her cart, balancing all elements to her liking. It was definitely not of style, but neither was she, so she liked to think it was like her in away because it still operated perfectly and she was completely confident she'd win. Like old times.

"I'll let you choose the map because I'm nice like that, I won't go easy on you though."
It had been a while since she had played the game with anyone. It had been a while since she had truly hung out with anyone period. The only person she had actually enjoyed playing around with was Spencer. So, she tried to transition herself back into her comfortable self because it was him.

Once he had chose the the map and they were playing, Autumn was happy to know she wasn't too rusty, but still rusty enough to lose to com. Still, she had enjoyed herself thoroughly, throwing turtle shells and plenty other hurdles Spencer's way. She was able to laugh her bright and blissful laugh.

s p e n c e r

Spencer found that she was just as good as she had always been but he was better than he had been in the past, meaning that he wasn't as completely fucked as he usually was by her stellar Mario Kart skills. He managed to dodge a lot of her attacks and then return some of his own. He definitely wasn't doing badly.

But by the end of the night, she had won one more race than him and he grunted in irritation as he was announced at the loser. "I hate you," he joked, turning off the PlayStation and turning to her with a smile.

"I'm kidding. I had fun." And he did. He had missed this, just sitting and relaxing with her, his best friend, and things were looking up for them.

He walked her to the door. "I'll see you tomorrow."

A U T U M N
Autumn had genuinely enjoyed herself the night before despite hating having to tell Spencer of her illness. It was far from ideal, but it had ended well so she tried to brush it off as whatever. And if she was to be honest, she was still a little surprised that he actually sat with her the next day. Not that she thought of him as a liar, she knew he wasn't, it was simply strange being next to him again.

Though it would become familiar again. Slowly but surely. And she wanted that more than anything.

It was during break period for lunch, though, that she came to start think that maybe rekindling their whatever relationship wouldn't go as smoothly not only because of her. It was stupid of her to forget other people when she was so damn conscious of them around her that she could hardly operate around them. But she was quickly reminded of their very obvious existent.

"Hey, Autumn,"

Autumn instantly recognized the owner's voice as she did the owner when she looked away from her lunch. She had lost all of her appetite in that one moment. Immediately looked behind the blonde girl to make sure her friend and partner in one wasn't with her because they were the two people she hadn't missed in her time away.

Brittany and Carter.

"Hi."
She mumbled and watched in horror and fear as Brittany sat down at the table with her lunch. Of course, she made sure her face was unreadable. Though knowing that this girl was sitting directly a crossed from her scared her shitless, she was even more terrified her friends were only close to follow her. And she was still trying to figure out why the blonde was even sitting with her.

Last edited:
s p e n c e r

Of course, Spencer sat with Autumn the next day. This earned some confusion and disapproval from his 'friends', who were glaring at him from the popular table, but the only person he actually cared about was Charlotte and she was fine with it so he didn't have any regrets.

When Brittany and Carter sat down he didn't really think anything of it. He just smiled at he both of them and turned back to his pasta, which he scooped into his mouth because he was hungry. He turned to Autumn and was surprised and confused to see that she looked terrified by the presence of the popular kids.

"You okay?" he asked her in a hushed whisper.

A U T U M N
Autumn blinked her eyes and glanced at Spencer. She had almost forgotten his presence in the moment the other two joined them at the table. Of course, his voice quickly reminded her she wasn't alone with them. Or at least it seemed that way on the outside, to others, to them.

She nodded her head in reply to his question, her red curls bobbing slightly along with her head. Her hands felt sweaty, so, she pulled them down from table away from her tray and rubbed them off on her skirt. Her eyes wandered away from the other two to the exit door. She wondered would it be a worse to dash out through there and pay for it later than to sit and have lunch with them.

"So, it's been quite some time since anyone have seen you around."

Brittany frowned slightly, a clear look of concern. Fake. "Where have you been?"

Carter stayed silent, but raised an eyebrow, just as curious.

Autumn lifted a hand from underneath the table to run it through her hair nervously. "Um ... I don't ... " She felt nauseous.

s p e n c e r

Spencer didn't know what was going on but he knew Autumn wasn't comfortable with Brittany and Carter. He wasn't sure why but it didn't take a genius to notice that she had a problem with something involved.

He squeezed her hand under the table and gave her a reassuring look. "It's fine," he murmured. He'd cover for her if needed.

"She went away for a while," he said to Brittany, with a slightly dismissive tone as he hoped she could pick up that this was a sore topic of conversation. "What matters is that she's back now."

A U T U M N
Autumn glanced at Spencer for a moment, grateful for his save. At the moment words were failing her incredibly and even if she had came up with some excuse they'd probably push anyway. She hadn't wanted to tell Spencer originally, so, she sure as hell wasn't going to confess to anyone else anytime soon. All she wanted was sort of peace, the one thing she wasn't able to have.

The feel of Spencer's hand in her own was slightly unfamiliar, but a great comfort despite her dislike if intimacy. She usually wasn't very good with it. She also wasn't good with people.

"I see. We're glad to have you back." Brittany smiled. Autumn tried not to flinch.

"What are you doing after school?" Carter inquired conversationally, eating from his plate of fries. "We should hang out."

She would literally rather do anything else was what almost slipped from her mouth. Instead, she went down the polite route. "I have after school activities."

"How about when you don't have those activities?" Brittany raised an eyebrow.

"I have an art project to work on with Spencer."

"Oh, yeah. So do we, why don't we all just work on it at my house or something. That way we can still hang out."

Again, she'd literally rather do anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.