LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Often evenings between 5 to 11AM CET (central european time).
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Sci-fi, fantasy, magic, slice of life, supernatural, steampunk
Hello! I'm just some random person trying to learn the Japanese language but don't have any to talk to who really can the language. And I want to learn more since I'm only a beginner. (´ー`)
あまり日本語ができますか。
I can only small talk but only like hey, how're you and similar stuff like that. But if someone could be my 先生 of some sort and help me improve my Japanese, I'd be so glad! ヾ(*´∀`*)ノ

I can't improve if I only do it by myself and I don't have anyone around to teach me so I'm looking around the internet. (¯―¯٥)

(*´Д`人) お願いします!

Rosetta Stone desu!

よろしくお願いします. 日本語は少しできます. 上手になるために頑張ってみましょう, ね!

I think there are others who have probably kept up their practice more consistently than I have.

Self-Esteem Team, reveal yourselves!

*Ocelot call*

Me too. I'v been a bad student but having someone to converse with would be super nice and helpful >..> Last I had it, Kanji was giving me a run for my money and I'm learning on my own.

I procrastinated learning kanji too, but it really is better if you just embrace them and don't worry about learning them all first. Lately, I personally get good mileage out of finding full words I'm likely to encounter often, learning the component kanji for them, and then making learning other stuff like the multiple possible pronunciations for each a secondary priority.

If you've got money to spend, I've recently started using one of these apps. I'll probably get the LS one eventually. Right now, the basic 2,000 is quite enough for me.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ikanji-touch-japanese-kanji/id311920885?mt=8

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/kanji-ls-touch-writing-learning/id304848819?mt=8

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
はじめまして、皆さん!元気?

So nice to see others as well who wants to learn the Japanese language and as for @Kooriryu I understand your pain with the on'yomi and kun'yomi (¯―¯٥)

But right now, I'm still learning the rest of the katakana since I still can't some of the letters. And as for the kanji.. eehh... I'm relaxing a little with that one for the moment, or well.... I'm just lazy at the moment to tell the truth.

But about the on'yomi and kun'yomi part, I still don't get it when to use what.

For example... the kanji 悪, when do I know in what sentences to use the on'yomi or kun'yomi?! I'm so confused about that...

I just wonder....

If someone asks me in japanese, what my favorite hobby is or what I like to do. Can I just simply say for example; ''watashi wa kaku no ga sukidesu.''?
Or will that turn out weird? I tried to say that I love/like to draw.

Reactions: Kurojaki
I just wonder....

If someone asks me in japanese, what my favorite hobby is or what I like to do. Can I just simply say for example; ''watashi wa kaku no ga sukidesu.''?
Or will that turn out weird? I tried to say that I love/like to draw.

Yep! That's pretty basic stuff!
Though there are other ways to say it, your way is probably the most polite / popular.

• Thank You
Reactions: Nathchi
Okay thank you @Kurojaki ! (*^ω^*) Well not so weird since my japanese book said that it'll only write in a more politely manner .-.

If you're still looking for people to converse with in Japanese lingq.com is a good place to check out. how-to-learn-any-language.com/forum/ is resourceful too. You should be looking for natives to practice your conversational skills with.

As for tips on language learning in general - in my experience with learning Italian for a little over a year now - looking up Steve Kaufmann and laoshu505000 on their youtube channels is a good way to go. They have massive experience. Kaufmann speaks Japanese very well, has several videos dedicated to learning Japanese, he lived in the country for almost a decade. I highly recommend checking them out.

Also, if anyone is looking for authentic audio material - download the itunes media player - scroll down and click on the button in the lower right corner which should look like a round-shaped flag of whatever language you use. Then you can change it to whatever language you're learning and find good podcasts.

• Thank You
Reactions: Nathchi
Status
Not open for further replies.