Yokai Academy - Rebooted OoC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gaz was interested in joining I believe. We can wait for him (her?) to post a character.

If Xylime wants to wait for a suitable candidate, she has every right to do so.
Didnt say she didnt <_< dont make me have Soteria glomp Murasame again Relish! Lol

Note to everyone: I made some updates to the OP. The Dorm layout will be updated if/when Gaz makes his/her character.

Yeah, gonna work on it when I get home today. Sorry for making everyone wait :)

First, some background information. Scroll down to see the actual plot, rules and such.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Like I said I would, here's a new OoC. A new IC will soon follow, probably tomorrow.

The events up until now:
Previous OoC: https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/yokai-academy-new-term.39641/
Precious IC: https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/yokai-academy-new-term.39786/

NEW IC! https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/yokai-academy-rebooted.44091/

Some notes, both for old and new players:

1. Although this is technically a fandom RP, you don’t need to know a whole lot about the original material to join. In fact, using canon characters in any way, shape or form is not allowed. All that this RP has in common with the original is that the setting is the same.

2. (Relish's words:) "Everything happens the same up to the point where they reach the dorms. When they get to the dorms they only have enough time to drop off their things and then they go on a campus tour with generic unnamed NPC or Tenma. And the RP starts after the tour at around 3-4 PM. Essentially, most everything that has happened thus far in the dorms is retconned."
((In the case of Mary/Lest specifically; the latter made it his new life goal to stay as far away as demonically possible from the former.))

3. Although human characters are/were technically accepted, the Academy itself isn't very acceptant of them. In fact, the Academý's MO is essentially "If humans are found, kill them in form of public execution." Of course, nobody would be stupid enough to declare themselves human in a monster school, but eh.

[
0WFyurN.jpg

Rules:

0. The GM (Relish and I) have the final word. If you have any problems, questions or whatever, feel free to put them up with us. We’ll try to solve it as fast as possible. Of course, we won't be jerks about it; this rule is merely here to prevent endless bickering about things that really shouldn't matter.

1. No Godmodding or anything like that. It might be obvious, but I’m still putting it out there just because.

2. Don’t be a jerk. Treat other players with respect, both IC, OoC and through outside channels. UPDATE: This includes making ridiculously OP characters with a violent streak which anyone can see will end up trying to kill everyone, and will most likely succeed at that goal due to aforementioned OPness.

3. All characters must be original creations. In other words, you are not allowed to use Canon characters (this includes nameswaps, genderswaps and other obvious clones; Relish will be the judge of that). In addition, your character may also not be related to canon characters in any way, be it family, friends or whatever. This is both for the sake of avoiding plagiarism and to provide some originality in the RP.

CS:

Name: (Gee, I wonder what you’re supposed to put in here.)
Apparent Age: (How old do they look in their human form?)
Actual Age: (How old they actually are. This can be pretty much anything, from 16-20 to several centuries old, or even indefinite if your character is a nature spirit, so old that they stopped counting or something like that.)
Gender: (Male or Female in terms of how they look in their human form, whatever is relevant for their monster form.)
Appearance: (Pics are nice, descriptions are fine as well)

Personality: (At least a paragraph should go into this, which, in all honesty, shouldn’t be that hard. What does your character like? What does he/she hate? Interests, behavior under stress, how does s/he act in private/public etc. (Note that the previous is not a checklist; it’s merely a few pointers for anyone who needs some inspiration.))

History (At least two well sized paragraphs are needed here. What happened to your character in the past? Why did s/he go to Yokai Academy? Does your character have any family, alive or not? Those kind of things. (Again, this is not merely a checklist))

Monster Type: (What kind of monster are they? Anything is acceptable, ranging from a simple fairy to a dragon. If you make up your own monster, however, you must explain what said monster is. Don't expect people to instantly know what you mean by a Smeerp.)
Monster Rank: (F-S. F is practically powerless, about the level of the average human, while S is insanely powerful. Note that this is NOT supposed to be a combat RP. If your character is deemed to be too powerful and prone to attacking others, I'll likely ask you to tone it down a bit.)
Abilities: (What can they do? Also, see the above note.)
Monster Appearance: (If applicable)

List of the current accepted characters: (I'll add in links as you guys post your CS's)

Relish: Murasame, Sherin and Tenma
Person-who-keeps-changing-his-name: Sapphire, Soteria and Omorose
Neo (AKA me): Sarah and Homura
Xylime: Hiroki and Mary
Liam: Tess
To everyone who was in the previous RP: Could you please post your CS again here for convenience sake?

Well, I think that's that for now. Knowing me, however, I'm bound to think of something else after this is posted. Meh, at least I can actually edit this thing now. (Turns out I did.)
*twitch twitch* Person-who-keeps-changing-his-name......

Name: Shin Kurosawa
Apparent Age: 17
Actual Age: 17
Appearance:

Shin is a tall, Japanese boy, standing at over 6 foot in height, with a strong and athletic build. His hair is short and blue, and he keeps it neat and tidy as often as he can. Shin is near sighted, and is very rarely seen without glasses. With a near obsession for neatness and presentation, he dresses himself as tidily and formally as he possibly can. On his right hand and lower arm is a very ornate, ancient looking gauntlet that he never takes off - in fact it is literally grafted to his hand by some unseen force and he cannot remove it until the day he dies. Makes bathing and certain other activities a bit of a nuisance.

Personality: Shin is a very serious young man, and although not entirely humourless has little tolerance for jokes and pranks. He takes rules and regulations very seriously, and doesn't have much patience when it comes to troublemakers and tardiness. He likes studying, training, and peace and quiet. Swimming is one of his favourite hobbies, as is an early morning jog. Oh, and he loves apples. Apples must never be eaten without slicing them first, however...that'd be just barbaric.

History: For almost two thousand years, since before the time of the legendary Queen Himiko, there has existed a secret order of guardians in Japan. The Azure Defenders...a line of defense for humanity against Oni and Youkai. Said to have been founded by Susano-o himself, the Defenders have protected Japan from magical and demonic threats many times in the past. They learn ancient martial arts techniques, study the history of Oni and Youkai, and ensure that humanity is kept safe from supernatural threats. In recent centuries, they have allied with similar societies from Asia, Europe and the Americas. Of course, peace between humans and the supernatural has been maintained for a long time, and the average person is oblivious to the existence of magic and monsters. Vigilance, however, must still be kept up...

Shin was born knowing he'd one day lead the Azure Guardians, and has been training most of his life to inherit the clan's leadership from his grandfather. His own father was never interested in the old ways and started a very lucrative business selling cleaning products. Shin, however, is obsessed with the past, with the traditions of the Guardians and samurai, of the old stories and legends. As heir to the clan, he has inherited many ancient artifacts designed to defeat demons and monsters. The Ogre's Fist Gauntlet...the Kusanagi sword, the Yata-no-kagami mirror... He is determined to do anything at all to ensure the peace between humans and the supernatural is maintained at all costs.

It is for this reason that he volunteered to be enrolled at the Yokai academy. Not as a spy, but to learn the ways of the monsters of the world, and see for himself how they integrate into society. To gauge potential allies...or threats.

Monster Type: Human, with supposed divine heritage.
Monster Rank: F, ordinary human with training. The power of his Ogre's Fist Gauntlet, however, can be considered S. If he was fully equipped, he'd be considered Rank B/A, but the school requested he leave his weapons, armour and other equipment safely at home.
Abilities:
Lion_Armor_Claw_Gauntlets_by_Azmal.jpg
The Ogre's Fist is an artifact perhaps older than the mortal plane of existence itself. It's origins are lost to time, but it's generally agreed that it was once worn by an ancient demon king. Once worn, it cannot be removed until the wearer dies. It is made from a scientifically unknown metallic alloy. Any magical spell or otherworldly effect that makes contact with the gauntlet fails. Thus, it can be used to block spells, break curses, etc. Furthermore, by sacrificing a portion of his own life energy, Shin can create an anti-magic field around himself for a short duration. This field causes all existing magic to fail, renders supernatural powers impotent, and makes otherworldly abilities impossible to use until the field fades. However, by using this, Shin's own lifespan is slightly cut. The radius is typically small and lasts only for about a minute, however both the size of the field and it's duration can be extended by using up more life energy. Every time Shin uses the gauntlet to create an anti-magic field guarantees he'll die somewhat younger. It is only something he would ever use as a last resort.
Monster Appearance: N/A

Done. Please let me know if you have any issues. Note, his gauntlet is pretty OP, but he's only ever gonna use it if...like, you know, someone actually tries to kill him. He's not gonna walk around campus trolling people with it.

Well, Relish and I did some talking behind the screens. Shin can be accepted, but there are a couple of conditions.

1. As stated in the OP, and more than once in this OoC thread, human characters are not generally accepted on the Academy. There's a way around that, however; Shin sort of made a deal with the Academy. He can join the academy, but if it was ever publicly found out that he was human instead of a monster -- never mind the fact that he's apparently a demon hunter --, he'd still be publicly executed just like any other human would be.
2. Like you said in your own post, weapons are not normally allowed on the academy. This includes the fist-thing, meaning Shin has to find a way to smuggle it onto the academy grounds somehow. Again, this will likely have repercussions of some kind if he's found out.

Of course, you can also just rewrite your character, if that's what you prefer.

Reactions: 2 people
Elaborating on what Neo said.

The reason we feel we need those stipulations is the fact that a character shouldn't be exempt from that many rules.

If your character was knowingly accepted into Yokai as per the context in your CS, he would be immune to the Human Policy and where's the fun in that? The same applies for his ogre fist. My character Murasame isn't allowed to wield his sword and the only reason he is allowed to carry it is because it is him. (If you haven't yet you should read up on mura's CS. He might help your character out... For a price.) Mura is currently unrestricted as it stands, but that will be rectified soon enough.

If you want to smuggle it in feel free, but it should probably be a thing he keeps secret.

If I may, I have possible suggestions on how to tweak Gaz's character to work. I'll put them in a spoiler so that way Gaz doesn't have to look at them if he wants to try and figure it out on his own. Relish and Neo, maybe you can look it over to see if this idea might work? (or something similar?)

Perhaps the school could have rejected the initial idea of having an Azure Guardian human join the school, but said if the group could come up with a representative that at least had a little bit of Youkai in them, then said representative would be accepted. Enter Shin. He can have a kinda fake resume that says that though it is kinda diluted now, he still has demon blood in him (even though he doesn't). His "proof" is his gauntlet, that he claims is his actual arm and that he can't turn the "power" off. (if you've ever played Devil May Cry 4, kinda like Nero) The resume can fake what his arm does (shoots fire or something?) so the school agrees as long as Shin gets his arm sealed (like Murasame). And maybe the seal makes it harder for Shin to use his arm now, but he can still use it when he really needs to?

Just an idea that came to me after reading the posts. It's fine if Gaz doesn't want to use it or if it doesn't actually fix the problem as much as Relish and Neo would like.

That might work as well. If he's found out to be a human, normal rules still apply though.

Also xylime, I wanted to ask you how you wanted the dorm scene with Hiroki to have gone. If you've no preferance we can just say that Hiroki took Mura's key and Tenma showed up shortly after.

Keep in mind that Hiroki would not be forced to go on Prof. Bird Brain's tour due to him not being a first year. That's not to say he could not have gone anyways to "help out tenma" or something similar.

Last edited by a moderator:
Uhm, guys? You know you can just post whenever you want to now, right?

Yeah, I know it's sort of an awkward transition, but if there's anything we can do to make it smoother let us know.

Ill post soon, havent been on today

I was hoping we could get our new member all straightened out first so we don't pair off without him, leaving him alone. (He sounded like a possible Mary roommate too, so I kinda didn't want to post for Mary just yet)

As for Hiroki, he went on Tenma's tour in order to scope out the fresh meat. Again, I wanted to wait, but maybe I'll see about typing something out tomorrow. (My internet came home late today)

There, two possible plot hooks for people to follow.

Cool lol, ill wait for others to post before posting again. Wonder who will catch Soteria~

@Gaz
You still in this mang? If not, let us know.

Anyways, if my internet comes back I'll write an IC for Sherin.

been pretty much comatose lately due to work overload and stress, give me a few hours

@Gaz
No worries, I don't want the RP to feel like a job. Fun is the whole reason for any of this right?
We'll wait for ya if we need to!

I'm really sorry guys, but the family chinchilla hates me and chewed through my computer charger cable, meaning my computer is dead until I get it replaced. I'm not sure when that will be, so go ahead without me and I will catch up as soon as I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.