Yokai Academy - Rebooted OoC

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Person-who-keeps-changing-his-name: Could you please explain what you mean by "Fire, water and air magics"? Other than that, I don't really see any problems.
Her name thank you =P its Xypher Doragon lol meany! And she can do minor fire, water, and air magical attacks or defensive moves. Such as she can shoot a small flame out of her mouth for a few seconds, or use her wings to make an air attack, like condensed lines of air that she can shoot out and can cut her opponent. Though in her small form they would be pretty small lines.

Tenma can help out with that.

I actually planned to have him accidently destroy Soteria's student records before they were put into the system (Ergo, even Administration won't be able to find what she really is via the system)...

EDIT: I'd say human is fine. Soteria is taking everything too well!

EDITEDIT: Humans on campus are bad. In the manga, it was school policy that humans found on campus would be executed. Can't very well have the secret that monsters are real getting out can we? ;3
Ay she is not! She had a almost mental breakdown which nearly led to her death via cliff edge! I think thats a pretty good reaction =P

Character Sheet Start

Monster Type: Alien (I am also going to put this first for quicker clarification)
Name: Mary Sue Smith (True name:
NameinAlien_zpse644a64e.jpg
)
Apparent Age: 16
Actual Age: 72 Earth years
Appearance:
Mary has light brown hair, brown eyes, a thin waist with small bust, and a healthy skin color of light pink. She stands at about 5'2". Outside of class, she is commonly seen in skinny jeans and a baggy sweatshirt. In class, she wears the uniform with the skirt just above her knee caps.

HumanForm_zps0413ace2.jpg

*Note: Her human appearance is thanks to a symbiotic suit-like creature that has the ability to adapt to its surroundings. The creature cannot function on its own, so it uses Mary's race as hosts. The creature can change its appearance and filter air, giving Mary the ability to survive on Earth. In other words, her actual form isn't different, it just appears different thanks to her symbiotic friend. Even the clothes she "wears" are merely an illusion the suit has created (which is why she is seen in sweatshirts despite hating the heat). The creature can change its shape to fit its host's needs. (Ex: It could change its shape to only form around its host's head, forming a makeshift helmet, or it can grow larger to take the form of a makeshift space pod)

Personality:
Mary will try anything. She wants to experience everything Earth has to offer so she can properly report back to her homeworld. She is far from mastering Earth language, and her grammar is sometimes abysmal. She also has a tendency to use incorrect words. Despite her lack of Earth knowledge, Mary's cheerful, hyperactive nature and determination to learn has helped her gain a few friends at school. However, her curious nature has sometimes landed her into trouble with students and teachers alike. Mary has been known to get extremely irritable when heat is involved.

History:
On the world known as Pluto to the humans, there lives an alien race known as the
RaceinAlien_zpsfa05a2fa.jpg
. These
aliens are considered prey on their world, and are hunted by a brutal race. Though the
had developed a nature-based technology that far surpassed that of the other race, they were still considered food. Fearing that their race would soon cease to exist, the
sent out scouts to the different worlds in hopes that they could co-exist somewhere else. And so
set out to her designated world. She came upon Earth, a world inhabited mostly by a curious race known as humans.
landed in the arctic so she could learn of the humans through their technology before entering their society. Using her alien technology, she worked on learning different human languages, as well as learning their customs, beliefs, etc.

During her search,
came across the name of an interesting academy, the Yokai Academy. Using her hacking skills, she was able to learn more about this school, and knew it would be perfect to help her learn more about Earth. If the school would take in monsters, surely it would take in aliens. Before she left,
realized that her alien name was nearly impossible for Earth beings to pronounce, so she quickly searched human databases for a replacement name. For some reason, the name Mary Sue popped up quite a lot during her search on human entertainment. She chose Smith because it was deemed one of the most popular last names of humans in America. So with her new name picked out, Mary Sue Smith traveled to Yokai Academy to begin her immersive research.

Monster Rank: D

Abilities:
Strengths

-Mary has nature-based technology. This can help her in using Earth technology and helps her live on the planet. It is also her means of offense and defense. Usually her suit fights for her, but if she fears that her suit isn't strong enough, she will use actual weapons.

-Coming from Pluto, Mary is really good in the cold. In fact, she could survive an ice age.

-Mary has an ability to telepathically communicate with her suit and other members of her race.

-Because of the way her ears are formed, Mary can hear things really well when they are in front of her.

-Due to the antenna on her eyes, Mary can analyze things in more detail (specific temperature, wind speed, etc)​

Weaknesses

-Mary hates heat. She loathes it. If it gets too hot, she gets physically sick. Her suit tries to filter it out, but it has its limits.

-Due to the odd shape of her ears, Mary is almost deaf to any noise coming from behind her.

-If Mary's suit dies, she will die too.

-Mary's lack of Earth knowledge also means she lacks knowledge about monsters as well. She knows next to nothing about monsters and their true abilities. All the information she knows about monsters comes from human myths, legends, etc. (which means some of her information is inaccurate)

-Because she doesn't have any pupils, Mary has a hard time dealing with light. Like with heat, her suit tries to filter it, but there are limits.​

Monster Appearance:
Her body is near identical to humans. Her skin is pale blue and her eyes are pale green without pupils. The antenna on the corner of her eyes are used to analyze things in more detail (specific temperature, wind speeds, etc) Her ears are great at hearing anything in front of her. However, she has a hard time hearing anything behind her.

AlienForm_zps946daaed.jpg

Character Sheet End

Character Sheet Start

Monster Type: Incubus (a male succubus)
Name: Hiroki Kaname
Apparent Age: 12
Actual Age: 66
Appearance:
Hiroki has big yellow eyes and bushy, bright red hair. He wears robes similar to what a little priest boy would wear, except he dyed them his favorite color, red. He only stands at 4'8".
Hirokiyelloweyes_zps6a767325.jpg

Personality:
Normal - Hiroki appears sweet and innocent, and acts that way too. However, deep within his soul rests a scheming pervert. He uses his child-like appearance to get what he wants and get away with almost anything. Very few can see through his manipulative ways. Hiroki's emotions are always based on the situation and the person he is interacting with. If the person seems like the protector type, Hiroki will usually be a clingy, blubbering crybaby. If the person likes bubbly people, Hiroki will be an energetic, playful boy. This doesn't mean Hiroki can read people well. He usually has to interact with them first before he can pinpoint what kind of person he is dealing with, along with their likes and dislikes.

Monster - When Hiroki takes his monster form, it means his child-like act wasn't effective. Now he is a calm, mysterious man who no longer holds back. He is more open with his advances and it is obvious he is attempting to seduce a person. However, unlike others of his kind, he prefers to use words and innuendos instead of physical contact. He finds pleasure in knowing that a person yearns for him and loves when said person is so enamored that they try to seduce him instead.

History:
It is said that an incubus is born when a woman has an inappropriate dream. The incubus takes a similar human form to the dreamer's desires and will always keep that human form no matter what their age is. Hiroki came into being when a school teacher had such a dream. Shortly after his manifestation, he was whisked away to the society where incubi and succubae live together. Hiroki was taught what it meant to be an incubus and was schooled in the proper techniques. However, Hiroki found himself having a hard time successfully seducing humans, at least in his human form. The schooling given to him was meant for adults. A child spouting sexual words and making physical contact rarely got him good results. In fact, most found him extremely creepy.

So Hiroki needed to find a new way to seduce humans, a way that would work for a child. He was born with this form, so it had to mean someone out there desired it. First he needed to study humans to better understand them, so he joined the Yokai Academy. Having been there for two years now, Hiroki has a much better understanding of humans and has created a seductive style all his own. All that's left is to finish his schooling so he can be released onto the world.

Monster Rank: A
Abilities:
Strengths
-Hiroki, while in monster form, has wings. However, because of their positioning on his body, they can only let him float and are used to slightly quicken his movements.

-His hands and tail are like solid shadows. Because of this, he can shape them however he wants, but they cannot exceed their total proportions. (Ex: He could change his hand into a blade, but the blade cannot be bigger than the size his hand originally was. It can be longer, but it must be thinner to compensate)

-Even though his tail and hands are shadowesque, Hiroki can still grab solid things with them. He also has the ability to grab the shadows of things and manipulate them that way, but this strains him more.

-Hiroki can melt into shadows for a short amount of time.

-Hiroki has impressive seduction skills, and therefore, persuasive skills. This doesn't mean he can instantly convince anyone he meets to do anything he asks, but he does hold a charm that most can't ignore.​

Weaknesses
-Hiroki is a pervert, and is therefore distracted very easily by the human body. Not just female bodies either. Hiroki finds both males and females beautiful and worth gazing at.

-Hiroki is a very self-centered person and his fighting style shows it. He isn't the kind to support comrades in battle. His focus is on self-preservation and not much else. Don't expect him to be looking out for others while fighting in a group.

-Speaking of groups, Hiroki is horrible at fighting multiple enemies. His tactics leave him wide open to attacks by any enemy besides the single opponent he is focused on.

-Hiroki has an obsession with foods that one eats by licking. His all-time favorite out of this category is the popsicle. He will do almost anything for a popsicle, making him very easy to manipulate. He would probably even defect to the enemy's side if they promised he'd be well compensated in popsicles.​

Monster Appearance:
Hiroki's monster form is a very common look for incubi. He grows into a full man, appearing to be in his mid-twenties. His pointed ears and small horns give him a more demon-like appearance. His bat-like wings rest on his lower back and are used more for looks that for actual flight. He has a tail that is like a shadow. Its shape wavers, sometimes bending in a peculiar manner. His hands also have a shadow quality to them, letting him shape them at will. His hair darkens a bit, to emphasis his darker nature. His eyes are an even brighter yellow, bordering on white.

Unlike his brethren, Hiroki's clothes are more dignified and cover his entire body. However, his clothes are form-fitting and it is obvious that he is lean but toned. He likes to leave things to the imagination, but still give people a hint of what lies underneath.
HirokiDemonForm_zps4b045177.jpg

Character Sheet End

Quick character notes

Mary:
-Due to an event on the bus, Mary now thinks touching people's faces is a bonding exercise.
- If possible, I would like a serious person to room with her (preferably male) to add to the humor.​

Hiroki:
- So far, Hiroki has played the sweet innocent boy in front of everyone except Murasame. Therefore, the only one that knows Hiroki's true nature is Murasame. Others can be suspicious, but please don't know that he is an incubus right away.​
Yay Mary's back! Hehe I wonder how her and Omorose will get along...

@Kid Jesus

I'm sorry, but your character is being denied. For one... I'm sorry to say it like this, but your English is really bad. I'm generally not a jerk about this, but I do have my minimum requirements; said requirements being acceptable and comprehensible grammar. With all due respect, but it almost feels like you used a machine translator.
Second, your character is insanely powerful. Again, I normally wouldn't have that much of a problem with it, but you also specified that he's practically a killing machine with a short fuse. This RP is meant to be fun, and as such I cannot and will not accept characters like that. In other words, I'm rejecting your character forthe protection of everyone else's.

@xypher: Sorry about that. I'll make the rest of the edits tomorrow.

Last edited:
Well let me work on it, I'll be honest i did not read it. i was type that thing all day, Busy day.

@neobullseye Better? and if not acceptable at less admit he's a pretty cool character.

I'm going to have to decline.

I'm sorry! It's just as Neo said, the grammar is rather hard to understand. I'm not declining because of the character itself, but the english skills being used the way they are will just lead to -a lot- of unnecessary confusion. I think I can speak for most everyone here when I say it's poor taste to harp on grammar skills, but when I have difficult understanding what is being written then there is a problem. I really don't want to be a hard ass, but I can't accept it as is :/

Darn, I really suck! Please point out one of my grammar errors.

Last edited:
First Tenma post is up, I'll write Sherin and Mura later.

Bird puns!

@Kid Jesus

Here, since you asked I'll point out a couple...

"He is a kind person who believe(s) the weak should be protected until they are strong enough to defend there(them) selves. He thanks(no idea what his word is supposed to be) depending on others all the time is foolish since no one can really be trusted, He can't really trust his own guardians, Teachers or friends."

"He dose(does) not share the weaknesses of most vampires"

"It draining(drains) his power greatly. The effect of human blood last(s) 24 hours,. At(During) that time he is as strong as a(n) F class monster. He may even be weaker then that. His fear is that he will become the monster like(that) he was design(ed) to be."

Just to point out a few.

"thanks" is supposed to be "thinks".

He thinks depending on others all the time is foolish etc etc etc.

OH! That makes sense.

Anyways, it is to be assumed that everybody already knows their room mates and has their keys (or doesn't in Mura's case).

I forgot to have tenma explain to Mary that Lest never wants to see her again and changed rooms. Give me a moment and I'll edit that in.

If you want to make it easier on yourself, you can just have Tenma have a note from Lest and I can write out what it says.

If you want to make it easier on yourself, you can just have Tenma have a note from Lest and I can write out what it says.

That works too!

Also opinion time: Should I ease up on Tenma's bird puns in the future? I feel like I went a little overboard in hindsight...

@neobullseye your fine =) Lol I was just teasing. Yay the gang is here! Ill be posting for Sapphire/Soteria/Omorose soon =D

Can Omorose be Mary's roommate? I think it would be interesting and funny lol, that is if its okay with you @Xylime

Can Omorose be Mary's roommate? I think it would be interesting and funny lol, that is if its okay with you @Xylime

Hmmmmmmmm....maybe not have Omorose declared a room yet until we see what other people we have? Though the two could have some interesting interactions, I don't think they would be nearly as good as if Mary was paired with a serious person (especially a male serious person).

Hmmmmmmmm....maybe not have Omorose declared a room yet until we see what other people we have? Though the two could have some interesting interactions, I don't think they would be nearly as good as if Mary was paired with a serious person (especially a male serious person).
LOL true...Okay maybe they could just be good friends? I can see Omorose looking up to Mary in a funny way

Gaz was interested in joining I believe. We can wait for him (her?) to post a character.

If Xylime wants to wait for a suitable candidate, she has every right to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.