Yo Diana

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Ozzie Chanter Makes a valid point, so let's drop that. (Thank you, by the way. It's always nice to have someone slap me up the head when I forget my manners.)

I'm not presently running any RP's that are recruiting. Kadaeux is currently running a Sci-Fi Nations RP here if that's your thing. If that ain't, though, take a spin through here and pick a couple candidates. We're swapping back to a more functional RP system next month, you can read about that here.

For everything else, use your own eyes. They're a better judge of your tastes than mine.

A forum done messed up, and we had a flood of peeps hover over to our motherland of Iwaku.

Sorry for being new but what is the Great Migration of 2014?
It's when a bunch of us from the RP Guild moved over to Iwaku.
I'd go into the details as to why, but that'd fall into what Ozzie just asked us not to do.

Basically though, it led to about 30-40 of us to move initially, and then their friends came, and those friends friends came and so on.

A forum done messed up, and we had a flood of peeps hover over to our motherland of Iwaku.
And... this caused... tensions?

It's when a bunch of us from the RP Guild moved over to Iwaku.
I'd go into the details as to why, but that'd fall into what Ozzie just asked us not to do.

Basically though, it led to about 30-40 of us to move initially, and then their friends came, and those friends friends came and so on.
I see... how major was it back in the day? Sorry for being so new...

Someone forgot to pay the bill, literally.
@Ozzie Chanter Makes a valid point, so let's drop that. (Thank you, by the way. It's always nice to have someone slap me up the head when I forget my manners.)

I'm not presently running any RP's that are recruiting. Kadaeux is currently running a Sci-Fi Nations RP here if that's your thing. If that ain't, though, take a spin through here and pick a couple candidates. We're swapping back to a more functional RP system next month, you can read about that here.

For everything else, use your own eyes. They're a better judge of your tastes than mine.
I agree with the prior. Second thoughts after my reply.

Thank you very much for the latter.

Reactions: Slade
  • Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
62052975.jpg

I'll try to tl;dr the shit out of this.

There was once another website. We shall call it "Gregory." Gregory was having some tough times with paying the bills. Gregory decided to make a new party house for all of his friends. It was made out of cardboard and had no TV, so some people thought Gregory's house sucked. Gregory promised to buy a new house when he got the money. After eight months, Brovo got tired of Gregory, and decided to move his role plays to Iwaku. All of Brovo's players came with, a solid 20-30 people. A couple other GM's called up Brovo and went "hey, we want to come along too!" So Brovo told them where to go. They brought their friends, who brought their friends. Then over a hundred people (no exaggeration there) swarmed in less than a week, which upset the natural ecosystem of General Discussion. It was the equivalent of taking the rain forest and detonating about ten thousand tons of thermite all over it.

Gregory was not a bad person. Gregory simply didn't have the stuff that Brovo and others wanted. Brovo then life of brian'd his way the fuck out, but it was too late. Thankfully, the majority of people (like @Pachamac and @Kaga-kun and @Kadaeux ) conformed nicely to the new ecosystem after the initial thermite blast. Some migrators even gained power, such as @Jorick who became part of the natural ecosystem as the "Douchus Bearus" breed.

Occasionally, it still gets brought up as a historical point in Iwaku history.

This documentary has been brought to you by the BBC. You are now reading this in a posh British accent. Tut tut, cheerio.

And... this caused... tensions?
Not at all really, no.
We were open for the most part.
There were a couple of bad apples but they were whipped into shape if not dealt with accordingly.

(Aside from that it was a bit of a butt to try and welcome everybody and sort their names.)

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
62052975.jpg

I'll try to tl;dr the shit out of this.

There was once another website. We shall call it "Gregory." Gregory was having some tough times with paying the bills. Gregory decided to make a new party house for all of his friends. It was made out of cardboard and had no TV, so some people thought Gregory's house sucked. Gregory promised to buy a new house when he got the money. After eight months, Brovo got tired of Gregory, and decided to move his role plays to Iwaku. All of Brovo's players came with, a solid 20-30 people. A couple other GM's called up Brovo and went "hey, we want to come along too!" So Brovo told them where to go. They brought their friends, who brought their friends. Then over a hundred people (no exaggeration there) swarmed in less than a week, which upset the natural ecosystem of General Discussion. It was the equivalent of taking the rain forest and detonating about ten thousand tons of thermite all over it.

Gregory was not a bad person. Gregory simply didn't have the stuff that Brovo and others wanted. Brovo then life of brian'd his way the fuck out, but it was too late. Thankfully, the majority of people (like @Pachamac and @Kaga-kun and @Kadaeux ) conformed nicely to the new ecosystem after the initial thermite blast. Some migrators even gained power, such as @Jorick who became part of the natural ecosystem as the "Douchus Bearus" breed.

Occasionally, it still gets brought up as a historical point in Iwaku history.

This documentary has been brought to you by the BBC. You are now reading this in a posh British accent. Tut tut, cheerio.

You forgot the part where the Union army took down the Confederates.

• Nice Execution!
  • Love
Reactions: Mid and Brovo
And a lack of revolutions.

Posting in another thread that slowly got fucked sideways.

ON TOP THOUGH: @Diana CHANGE THE FUCKING CBOX PASSWORD OR I'LL TELL EVERYBODY WHAT IT IS.

Oi, we got a cult out of it you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.